Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Whack-a-Rogue

Abandoned Monastery



RoW Map

"In the earliest days, when the gods shaped the heavens and the earth, light flowed through the spheres into the world and all things were new. The gods made the genies, the first people, then the dragons and all the creatures of the earth. The gods were very pleased with themselves. Or rather, most of them were.

"Rovagug saw the creation of things, and at first he smiled, for he was newly risen as well. But then he gazed upon the land, and felt an itch to scratch the stones, to see what was inside a genie. His thousand feet must have claws of adamantine for a reason, and like a jackal with a bone, Rovagug tore and chewed and howled and spit, as if the earth were his to despoil.

"The other gods looked on, and spoke the first divine anger. 'How dare he destroy what we have made? Why does he kill and claw and break the shining harmonies of creation? We must stop him.'

"The gods spoke to Rovagug of peace. He ignored them, and vomited forth the bones of a forgotten race. The gods spoke to Rovagug of beauty and the harmony of new-made creatures. He ignored them, and tore open the sky with stones hurled from the heavens, setting fires across the world. The gods tried to pull Rovagug away as he climbed to the heavens, clawing at the moon. He turned and snapped at their hands. His teeth ripped the robes of Sarenrae, and shattered the shield of Abadar, and devoured the weak among the gods’ servants.

"The gods’ new rage made their former anger seem as nothing; they gathered their strength and fought Rovagug in a fury, and they were all cast down.

"No fury can stand before wrath, and nothing can destroy destruction."


RoW Map

It's been almost six months since the day Haleen disappeared. Despite the note she left, you've tried everything at your disposal to track her down. Search parties, posters, even spending money on a divination specialist - nothing's been successful. Until now.

You have no idea why Haleen would want to go to the old ghost town of Kelmarane, but somebody told you he saw her in the area recently. Of course, he could just have been after the reward money you offered, so you waited for verification. Then a second person told you the same thing. And a third. This couldn't be coincidence.

As if by fate, this is when you met Garavel. His employer was forming an expedition to reclaim Kelmarane and was hiring those with skills in that regard. By the time you found this out, almost all the slots had been filled, but there were still a pair of vacancies.

The expedition had plenty of muscle, but they were simple mercenaries-for-hire. Someone with a strong moral compass would be needed to keep them in line. Also, while there was already an apothecary and doctor, the expedition currently lacked an arcane practitioner. It was as if these positions had been custom-made for you, and this made your hire a simple process.

In the two weeks since then, you've been traversing the scrublands of Katapesh with Garavel as your guide, working to meet up with the rest of the expedition - and your mysterious employer. From what you've been told, she's a merchant princess of surpassing beauty. It's currently mid-evening, the shadow of the Pale Mountain looms far off to the west, and you've almost reached your destination - the Sultan's Claw. It (and the rest of the party) should lie just over the next rise.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Eserelda looked back at her husband and smiled. "The beginning of our journey starts right at the bottom of this next hill. What awaits us, I wonder?" She gave him a swift kiss and adjusted her glaive in her back. Thoughtfully she looked at the claw like tree. "Beauty can be found in all things, my friends. This tree, I believe, calls us toward the Divine beauty of reunion and recreation." She smiled at the others and sped up to examine the tree more closely, to touch it's bark and bask in the beauty of the falling sun.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

Shafir chuckles at his wife's enthusiasm. "Personally, I'm hoping some soft cushions await us. Seriously, is your butt not sore from the camel?" He was also hot, but complaining about that to an Ifrit was a waste of time. Choosing to keep a more leisurely pace, he took advantage of Ezzy's speeding up to enjoy the rear view.
;-)


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

"I know that tone. Come on up here and look at this, not my body. And no my butt does not hurt. As you can see it's nicely padded." She giggled. "There they are!"

-Posted with Wayfinder


RoW Map

As you crest the last rise, a caravan of a half-dozen wagons and a large tent comes into view. Camels in a nearby pen prance in agitation, and a clutch of confused goats and livestock wander the grounds around the wagons. Perhaps a dozen men and women rush around the campsite, chasing down an animal or hastening toward the center of the cluster with pails of water in their hands. One of the wagons is on fire!

Lush orange and red flames engulf an elaborate wooden wagon emblazoned with painted moons and stars. A gout of smoke pours from an open door, and as you approach, an ill wind blows several Harrow cards from inside. One of these blows directly toward Eserelda, catching against your chest before turning to embers. It's the Cyclone, signifying a force that tears through whatever it meets at the command of another. That's when the entire Sultan's Claw erupts in flame.

The central flap of the largest tent flies open, and a beautiful woman steps out. "Douse that flame!" she shouts imperiously at the men at the wagon before turning in your direction. "Ah, Garavel! And just a moment later than the nick of time, as usual. Hurry up and find some way to help."

Some possible ways to help: put out the fire, pull other wagons out of the way, tend to the injured, corral frightened animals, etc


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Eserelda gasps and runs forward, ready to aid the people in need. "Move it Sweetums there are people to help! Try and get the fire out!!"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

Nodding to his wife, Shafir hurries toward the burning wagon. There was a bucket brigade working on it already, but the fire was dangerously close to spreading to a nearby wagon. "Help me get this away from the blaze!" he called to several mercenaries who were deciding what to do.

Once within range, he called upon his magic. "I wish that wagon would move out of the way."
Attraction (reverse) DC 10: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
STR Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Mercenaries: 4d20 + 1 ⇒ (5, 12, 7, 1) + 1 = 26
The wagon shifted marginally but failed to move from its position. He'd need to word the wish better, it seemed.


RoW Map

Off to one side, an elderly man was tending to two horribly-burned victims of the fire. As Eserelda approached, he nodded briefly at her. "I almost have this one stabilized, but the woman's fading fast. Can you help her?"

She's unconscious and bleeding out. You have at most 4rds to make her stable.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Eserelda closes her eyes and places a hand on the poor lady's chest. "For the glory of Shelyn, may you live on in beauty!"

Lay on Hands

LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 6


RoW Map

The worst of the woman's burns fade, and her breathing steadies (she's not at 0 HP and stable). The healer finishes bandaging his patient a few seconds later. "Praise be to the Dawnflower, we've done it!"

There's still animals to corral, a fire to put out, and a wagon to save if you want to further endear yourself to your employer. XD


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

Knowing that wishes tend to twist if used too frequently, Shafir decides to try moving the wagon the more traditional way and begins to shove.
Shafir STR: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Mercenaries: 4d20 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 15, 16) + 1 = 39
He's not particularly muscular, so his assistance is minimal at best, but the burly men helping him manage to get the wagon out of its deep-set furrow. It should be easier to move now.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Smiling breifly at the old man, she gets up and runs to the wagon that is being pushed out of the way. "Put your back in it boys! We can do it!"
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

-Posted with Wayfinder


RoW Map

Not wanting to be shown up by a woman, the mercenaries give it everything they've got.
Shafir: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Mercenaries: 4d20 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 19, 13) + 1 = 38
And the wagon moves away from the fire. You're able to get it moved far enough away that there's no risk of it catching alight, even if the breeze changes.

Without further assistance, the fire will be extinguished in 7rds. There are also five loose animals running around in a panic.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Eserelda quickly moved to help the people to put out the fire. "We got this everyone! Keep those buckets coming!"

-Posted with Wayfinder


RoW Map

With you and Shafir helping man the bucket brigade, the fire is quickly extinguished. Once that's done, it's a relatively simple matter to round up the loose animals as they begin to calm down. Once everything's back in order, you can finally officially meet the rest of the caravan.

Almah - leader
Garavel - majordomo
Dashki - gnoll expert
Eloais - astrologer (deceased)
Father Zastoran - apothecary, herbalist, and medic
Hadrod and Hadrah - animal tenders, cooks, and camel drivers
Fixx, Keldon, Podarn, and Vodrave - Almah's bodyguards
Trevvis - mercenary leader
Utarchus and Dullen - male mercenaries
Kallien, Brotis, and Yesper - female mercenaries


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Eserelda smiled sadly at the group. "It's a sad day when you lose a comrade." She bows her head slightly in respect and then raises her eyes to meet theirs. "I am Eserelda, Paladin of the goddess of beauty, Shelyn. It is a pleasure to meet you all."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

"And I'm her husband, Shafir. I'm an academic with a particular focus on wishcrafting magic."


RoW Map

Almah nods in response to your introductions. "I'm glad that you got here in time to assist. Eserelda, since you're a religious person, perhaps you'd like to say a few words for Eloais' spirit before we continue?"


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

"I pray that his soul be judged fairly and his last moments without pain. May the beauty he brought to this world grow and multiply even though he is gone."

-Posted with Wayfinder


RoW Map

Once the brief service is concluded, Almah approaches the two of you. "This was no mere accident; it was intentional sabotage. Dashki says it's the work of pugwampis, which means we're close to the location I've chosen to be our base camp. Kelmarane is infested with monsters, as you know, so we need a safe place to stay while we work to reclaim it. There's an abandoned monastery a few miles from there that should meet our needs, but it's supposed to be infested with pugwampis and other vermin. That's why I hired you. Scout ahead and clear the ruins of any threats. Make it safe for the rest of us. Father Zastoran has some things that may prove useful in that regard. In return for your efforts, I can pay each of you 200gp."

Father Zastoran's Stock: 2d20 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
Barbary Fig x2 (fast healing 2 for 1min)
Cinderbloom x2 (ignore up to 24 total points of fire damage; lasts up to 3min)
Palo Verde Bark x1 (grow spines for 3min; deal 1d3 damage if hit with natural weapon)
Specifitine x1 (resistance 3 to energy that most-recently damaged you for 1min)
Venus Hair Fern x1 (+2 vs confusion, sanity effects, and harmless illusions for 1min)


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Eserelda nods. "Best to keep it safe for everyone. Shall we go, hun?" She quietly thanks the old man and takes his offering.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

"Of course, sweetheart. Let's clear ourselves a ruin!" Shafir chuckles as he walks with his wife. Abandoned structures - especially those of important historical value like monasteries - tended to be treasure troves of information for the scholarly.

Once they were out of sight of the caravan, he summoned his genie companion. If this place was infested with monsters, some extra muscle would be useful.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Eserelda also summons her companion, concentrating for a minute to find and link with her kindred. The serpentine creature appeared with a pop.

"Yes, Madam Eserelda? You called?" Radgort said in a laid back but professional tone.

"There are ruins to be cleared my friend. Now then, since everyone's here shall we move onward?"

"Of course Madam. As you wish. And how are you on this hot day Sir? Keeping cool I hope." He inclined his head ever so slightly towards Shafir, face neutral.


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

"I'm doing well, Radgort, thanks for asking." His companion, Nysene, gives the fire snake a respectful nod but remains silent as usual. She'd never been much of a talker.


RoW Map

Scrub brush and a light, patchy carpet of weeds invade the monastery through two huge fallen sections of the western wall. The exposed nave beyond is a huge hallway littered with bits of debris ranging from tiny rocks to enormous sections of collapsed masonry. Most of the roof above the long promenade is gone, but several jagged pillars remain.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Before entering Esse reaches out a hand and touches Radgort on the shoulder. Mage armor

"Lets be careful shall we?"

Then cautiously walks to the opening, sending Radgort to the other side.


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

Shafir and Nysene follow.


RoW Map

As you get closer, you can hear noises deeper in the monastery, but the initial hallway appears to be empty.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Tentatively Eserelda steps in, followed by Tadgrot.


RoW Map

Inside, there are small circular chambers to the east and west. The western chamber appears to have once held a shrine and wooden alter, but now only wreckage remains. The ceiling remains intact, though, and you can see a huge bas-relief mural of a muscular bearded man gesturing with concern toward Pale Mountain.

The eastern chamber holds a similar statue. Here, the figure is making a symbol of peace to a group of robed pilgrims on a hilltop. Their expressions range from beatific to horrified. There's also a stone slab that appears newer than the rest of the monastery. Inscribed on it is, "A ghost of unholy mien was purged from this place by Theodephus Estrovan, servant of Aroden, 4691 AR."

Perception DC 14:
There's a secret door hidden between the statue's legs.


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"That's a statue of Vardishal!" Shafir exclaims with excitement. "He was a regional saint in this area thousands of years ago who belonged to something called 'The Order of the Five Winds.'"


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20

"And look there, between the statues legs. There is a door there. Shall we check it out?"

Essie moves towards the door.


RoW Map

Radgort
A short set of wide ceremonial steps leads down to a cavernous chapel in which the congregants would gather for sermons in happier times. The vibrant orange and red starburst of Sarenrae still stands behind a film of rusted rainwater and dirt along the north wall overlooking the collapsed altar. Between the stairs and the altar stand dozens of old marble benches, many overturned and even more broken into two or more pieces. A wide walkway bisects the pews, leading directly to the raised altar. Here and there, a few clumps of the original red carpet along this thoroughfare hang on against rot and neglect.

Above the center of the chapel, dangling about 10ft from the floor, hangs a cluster of gnoll skulls in various stages of decay. Strung together like a ghoulish candelabra of twine and bone, the boulder-sized ornament hangs from the wooden rafters about 20ft off the ground. As Radgort descends the stairs, this 'decoration' begins to jerk around wildly as a pugwampi crawls out from its hiding place. With a squeaky laugh, it makes a rude gesture in Radgort's direction, and a half-dozen more dog-faced fey pop up from the rafters.
Pugwampis: 6d20 + 30 ⇒ (16, 17, 17, 15, 10, 9) + 30 = 114 (avg 19)
Radgort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
The pugwampis spent their turn popping out of hiding and drawing tiny bows. You're up. Remember that they're 20ft above you, and their positioning means the entire room is covered with their unluck aura.

Eserelda
Looming walls with no apparent doors enclose this small roofless garden. Monks must have once come here to relax and contemplate the ways of nature, but any order they might have brought to the place all those years ago is almost impossible to notice now, as a wild cacophony of multicolored scrub plants and desert weeds have almost completely overgrown the space.

Perception DC 10:
There's a vine-covered door on the opposite wall.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Radgrot hurries to find his mistress. "M'Lady it seems we have company. The Pugwampis are here and ready to attack. Shall I dispatch them with you as usual?"

Moving up to Radgort she readies herself for battle. "Why yes, of course. Would I have it any other way? Honey, the pugwampis are over this way!" She grabs her glaive and waits for them to get closer.


RoW Map

GM Rolls:
Arrows: 6d20 + 3 ⇒ (9, 19, 4, 10, 15, 11) + 3 = 71
Concealment: 2d100 ⇒ (91, 73) = 164
Damage: 2d3 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

The pugwampis fire a salvo of arrows at you, but most miss. A pair of lucky shots graze Eserelda and Radgort.
Eserelda: 3pts damage
Radgort: 2pts damage


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

Shafir and Nysene hurry over at Eserelda's call. Nysene immediately creates a dust storm to provide temporary cover from the archers. "Pugwampis are cowards at heart, my dear. They won't come down from their perches unless it's absolutely necessary."

Everyone (including the pugwampis) currently has 20% concealment due to the dust.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Essie steps under one of the pugwampis waiting for the thing to fall.

Radgort aims a the closest Pugwampi.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
attack 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

As soon as the dust clears, Shafir stares ominously at the gremlin directly above his wife. "I wish you'd come down here."
Truenaming DC 12: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Will DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Somehow, the pugwampi fails to move. Apparently wishcrafting can't compel creatures against their natural inclinations.


RoW Map

GM Rolls:
Pugwampis: 6d20 + 3 ⇒ (11, 16, 3, 13, 4, 16) + 3 = 66
Damage: 4d3 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 1) = 7

The pugwampis retaliate with another salvo of arrows.

Shafir/Eserelda take 1pt damage, Radgort takes 2pts damage, Nysene takes 3pts damage.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Eserelda, getting annoyed, throws a dagger at the one above her.
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Radgort attack roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Radgort damage roll: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Crit damage roll: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Radgort curses quietly at the pain and aims at the one than hit him. Squaring up, he shot and let loose his bolt.


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

"It occurs to me that those rafters look awfully flammable. I wish that I was a dragon."
Truenaming DC 8: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Shafir's hasty wish isn't worded nearly precisely enough to actually turn him into a dragon, but it does give him a breath weapon - at least temporarily.


RoW Map

The pugwampis screech in trepidation as Radgort pins one of them to the rafters and Shafir's mouth begins to fill with fire. They duck behind cover, but they can likely still be hit if your aim is good enough.


Spells:
lvl1 (2/2) lesser rejuvenate eidolon, mage armor, shield | Summon Monster I 6/6 | Lay on Hands 3/4
Vitals:
HP:22/26 | AC: 15 | Touch: 12 | Flat-Footed: 13 | CMB: +5; CMD: 16 | Init +2 | Perception +7
Skills:
*Craft (weapons and armor) +7, *Diplomacy +8, *Intimidate +8 (can always take 10), *Linguistics +5, Stealth +1 (untrained) (+2 in desert)

Essie goes to retrieve her dagger and throw it again.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
1d100 ⇒ 44

Radgort Shoots at the pugwampi behind the old one.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d100 ⇒ 79


Vitals:
HP: 16/16 | AC: 12; T: 12; FF: 10; CMD: 13 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +6 (+1 vs charms/compulsions; +3 if will harm family; +2 vs enchantments) | Init: +4; Perc: +7
Nysene Vitals:
HP: 13/13 | AC: 14; T: 11; FF: 13; CMD: 16 | Fort: +4; Ref: +1; Will: +3 | Perc: +0 | Spell Points 1/1
Other:
Bit of Luck 8/8 | Deflection Aura 1/1 | Protective Ward 8/8 | Resist fire 5 | Spell Points 5/8
Half-Elf Incanter//Truenamer 2

Unlucky Ranged Touch: 2d20 + 3 ⇒ (20, 20) + 3 = 43
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Shafir spits a stream of fire that incinerates the nearest gremlin.


RoW Map

As Radgort impales another pugwampi and Shafir sets the rafters on fire, the three remaining gremlins screech in terror. The location of the flames means that they're now isolated from each other. As creatures who ascribe to "safety in numbers," their predicament is truly horrifying.

Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.