Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


151 to 200 of 2,866 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Elf Ranger 1

Apparently,ten is the magic number today.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Calian and Pashaj:
You two cannot see far in this light a quick search of your near surroundings reveals noting Garavel could not have seen

Urdaan:
You search around the sky trees and back to your surroundings you do not notice anything in the sky's but can see about 60ft south what appears to be a cart or caravan.


Male Elf Ranger 1

While sweeping the grove, Urdaan focuses south and frowns. "Well, no sight of a vulture, giant or no, but there appears to be a wagon in that direction. H'vok, Raulzig, can either of you confirm?"


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"Good spot elf could you lead us to it may give us some clues"


Male Elf Ranger 1
Wareagle wrote:
"Good spot elf could you lead us to it may give us some clues"

"Certainly Garavel." Urdaan waits for the rest of the group to form up before asking, "How shall we approach; stealthily or openly? I suggest openly myself, as it would be unfortunate for an otherwise friendly wagon to mistake us for marauders, and I dare say we're ready enough should they prove hostile."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"I am in accord."


Raulzig waves hands to attract attention.
"I just wanted to warn you that there is a magical aura of Evocation coming from the direction of a wagon. It's not particularly strong but still, be prepared to face a spellcaster. Maybe he's killing those hyenas with magic? I might try to scout ahead once again, if you prefer."


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"I agree with Urdaan it is most likely a friendly caravan and we don't want to rouse suspicion, as for the magic well that could be any number of thing perhaps one of the goods they carry"


M Hobgoblin Druid 1
Urdaan Einalf wrote:
While sweeping the grove, Urdaan focuses south and frowns. "Well, no sight of a vulture, giant or no, but there appears to be a wagon in that direction. H'vok, Raulzig, can either of you confirm?"

I have darkvision if it matters.

I will take 10 no the perception check which would give me a 17 since the dice roller is not playing nice with me.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Hvok:
You search around the sky trees and back to your surroundings you do not notice anything in the sky's but can see about 60ft south what appears to be a cart or caravan.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1
Wareagle wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Wareagle:
Can I circle around to get a better look at the other side of the wagon? If so then I ask for someone to come with me if it takes me too far from the group.

ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Hvok:
Ya you can circle to the back whole group can if you want who you wanna ask?


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Aye. I say we approach openly and bring your coin. If we are lucky they may have ale to sell.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

So are you approaching stealthy or openly seems like openly to me not sure though


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

I think openly, but I'll force the issue.

Pashaj begins singing verses from a Vurdani epic poem about the aftermath of a great battle. His voice remains in a high register throughout the song.

Perform (Sing) - 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Yeah we settled on openly


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Urdaan leads the party over to the caravan and then returns to his flanking position.

Garavels eyes widen in surprise as the caravan comes into sight, Three body's of men scatter the floor near the caravan and the camel which had once pulled it lay dead several feat away the area reeks of rot and decay signifying the body's have lay here for quite some time. Many crates some opened and sabotaged litter the floor each has a distinctive mark on all 6 sides. "Another example of the deserts cruelty" Garavel comments before he notices the crates and rushes over to the Caravan ignoring the bodies that litter the floor.

Knoledge nobility DC 20:
The mark on the crates is that of the mercantile spice company of Katapesh

Let me know your actions whether you search the bodies crates caravan what knoledge checks you make etc. this is under the impression you just walked right in not taking the stealthy route not that it would change anything.


male Elf Witch 2

Know (nobility) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Heal 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Samuel grimaces slightly at the sheer amount of death present. He searches the bodies for any signs of who they might have been or how they died.


Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Spoiler:

This is my 4th round of Luck out of 8 this day, I believe.

Once again, Raulzig tries to concentrate and find out where the magical aura was coming from. Detect Magic

Wareagle:

Do we have enough time undisturbed to take 20 on skill checks?

Perception: take 10 + 5 = 15
Just in case - Knowledge History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

S.W.:
You examine the bodies quite thoroughly finding that there death came from some sort of curved blade they have been dead for about a two days or so also from the position of the wounds, it appears the camel was fleeing its attacker when it died. Did you search the caravan too or just body's?

Raulzig:
All the body's have similar slash wounds probably from a blade of sorts which caused there demise the wounds are very different from the ones on the hyena. You focus and find that the magic aura emanates from the Caravan it is faint but noticeable.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan scowls at the scene around the caravan, then looks for signs of what or who did the deed.
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Survival:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
K. Geography:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Looking up at the stars, and across the desert, he turns to Pashaj. "Any chance they were going to this monastery Karina spoke of?"
@wareagle I was aiming more for direction with the survival check than information about the corpses.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Knowledge: Nature1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Survival1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Calain looks around the caravan and bodies for any clues, but also any gear/gold or weapons they could use. Wasn't going to do the dead any good, was it.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel would have continued on to the caravan after looking at the bodies.


Raulzig is in a shock at the sight of the dead bodies - he's never seen a corpse that close before. His mind struggles to process it and blocks it entirely. Instead, Raulzig seems to be obsessed with the caravan.
"The magic aura comes from inside", he says. "Let me check it out". He opens the caravan door and looks inside, checking for hidden traps, locked containers, and unusual items.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13, Detect Magic


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Calian:
You notice all the body's have similar slash wound probably delivered by a curved blade you than think back to what could have done this and you remember gnolls in this region tend to use curved blades which match the wounds on the body.

Urdaan:
You take some time to search the area for tracks the tracks left from the caravan are still noticeable and come from the NE also the direction of the Sultans Claw you can not find any other tracks (because of your really bad roll :)

Raulzig:
The door into the Caravan was already open and Crates litter the ground outside inside there are even more crates all bearing the same symbol on all six sides you concentrate to try and find the cause of the magic aura and eventuality find it comes from one crate just like all the others at the back of the Caravan. What do you do next


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"Why would any attack a Caravan flagged under the Pactmasters of Katapesh this poor spice merchant didn't even see it coming, The desert truly is a vile place nowadays" Garavel stands up and turns to the rest "Lest we can do is give them a proper burial." He than tells the group he is heading back to camp to retrieve some supplies aka a Shovel.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"You shall not go alone, Garavel. Myself and one other will accompany you."


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Garvel stops in his tracks and turns around "You are right it is unwise to roam alone especially with an unknown danger still lurking around, Who else will come with me."


M Hobgoblin Druid 1
Wareagle wrote:

Urdaan leads the party over to the caravan and then returns to his flanking position.

Garavels eyes widen in surprise as the caravan comes into sight, Three body's of men scatter the floor near the caravan and the camel which had once pulled it lay dead several feat away the area reeks of rot and decay signifying the body's have lay here for quite some time. Many crates some opened and sabotaged litter the floor each has a distinctive mark on all 6 sides. "Another example of the deserts cruelty" Garavel comments before he notices the crates and rushes over to the Caravan ignoring the bodies that litter the floor.

** spoiler omitted **

Let me know your actions whether you search the bodies crates caravan what knoledge checks you make etc. this is under the impression you just walked right in not taking the stealthy route not that it would change anything.

Perception check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Heal check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Detect Magic


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Hvok:
you carefully examine the bodys and notice each has very similar slash marks which appear to have came from a falchion or scimitar by the way the wounds are positioned on the camel it appears as if it was fleeing when it died they are a day and a half dead with no sign as to what killed them. You then walk over to the Carvan and broken crates inside are exotic spices each Crate carries the same kind the caravan itself is intact except for the broken of lock now on the ground which once held the Caravan door shut whatever attacked here was looking for something whether it was coin herbs or perhaps something of greater value. You sense a magic aura Conjuration from inside the caravan somewhere.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Raulzig and others magic aura was actually Conjuration sorry bout my mistake


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

I relay the information in my spoiler to the group as to my belief on what happened.

Speaking about the conjuration aura:"It could be treasure left behind or a trap, but I don't see why anyone would take the time to leave a trap."

I am going to check out the aura.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Hvok:
You enter the dusty caravan and immediately notice Raulzig who is already searching around for the source of the magic aura and finally locate it at the far end of the Caravan from one of the crates it looks like any other of the crates but is obviously holding something different than just rare spices.

Updated party local


Raulzig moves forward, as if hypnotised by the magic crate. He carefully looks where he is stepping, as to avoid possible traps.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Having reached the crate, he stops to examine it for locks.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
If locked/trapped:

Spoiler:

Raulzig reaches into his belt for a set of pins and lockpicks, and attempts to remove the obstacle:
Disable Device 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
He then carefully picks up the lid with the tip of his sword and looks inside.
Edit: ok since I rolled a 20 I'm almost sure there were no locks or traps to begin with :)


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

I move to the crate and check for traps.
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

I was think the word caravan meant back of a wagon for that last post. smh


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Hvok and Raulzig:
You search the crate for any traps and find that there is a very simple poorly made arrow trap on the crate you disarm it with ease and carefully lift the lid and look inside. A lone scroll case sits in the crate emanating powerful magic aura much stronger than when you detected magic earlier perhaps the crate had some sort of magic properties to block that of the case its magics are powerful and draws you closer to it you have never felt a magical energy so strong. What do you do now? great job disarming that really useless trap Raulzig :)


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Wareagle and Raulzig:
I cast Read Magic if it is that type of scroll. I don't have linguistics or knowledge arcana so if it is not a spell scroll I let someone else deal with it.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Hvok and Raulzig:
It is a scroll case scroll is inside:The magic aura emanating from the scroll case is so power it is hard for you to concentrate what it is that is in the case you do not know other than that it is a Conjuration aura this is no normal scroll. Do you leave it in the crate take it out for further examination or attempt to take the scroll out of the case.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Wareagle and Raulzig:
I will let Raulzig decide. My character is not too knowledgable about magic.


Wareagle and Hvok:

Raulzig tries to concentrate, but the intense magical aura clouds his mind. He tries to arrive at a logical conclusion: Probably the merchant was meant to deliver this scroll somewhere and was intercepted by bandits. But thanks to the suppressive powers of the case, the bandits overlooked it when searching for a powerful magical item. That must be it! In that case, the scroll can't be cursed or harmful, right? But there can be additional wards on the case...
Raulzig backs up several feet, and points his finger at the scroll case.Mage Hand The case very slowly lifts off the crate floor and gently stops at eye level. Raulzig examines it carefully.
Ooh I'm on the edge of my seat! Invoking Luck again.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Not sure what other skills could be applicable.

"H'vok, do you notice or sense anything dangerous?"


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Raulzig:
The case is dull and blank save for one rune on its side. The rune on the case is not a character from any alphabet, but it nonetheless bears a resemblance to runes of power utilized in the workings of arcanists from the southern nation of Nex. Perhaps it is an activation word for the scroll/case. The case now sits on the ground it seems harmless what do you do now.


Wareagle and Hvok:

"H'vok, do you see this rune here? It is a Nexian rune of power. The southern nation of Nex is famous across Golarion for its powerful wizards and elite magic schools. Runes like this can be used as a ward against unsanctioned reading of the restricted magic. I don't recognize this particular rune off the top of my head, and any kind of curse can befall us if we try to open the scroll without reading the rune correctly first. I think we better don't try to open it right now, and take the case with us until we can find some knowledge on this rune - or maybe sell it at a good price. What do you think?


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Y'know Caravans' aren't cheap. And This one is not doin these poor saps any good. I say we give these guys a proper burial and send em to Sarenrae. Then we take the caravan with us. We'd be stupid to leave something like this when it could serve better elsewhere. We'd be able to carry a lot more stuff for starters.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"Hmm you have a very good point there Calain I suppose our supply camel could pull it and we can keep supplies in there nice thinking, would you care to come with Pashaj and I? We are going back to camp to grab a shovel and anything else we may need for the burial."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Of Course


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"Great then lets get going, Urdaan you watch over the others you hear."With that said Pashaj Calain and Garavel begin to head back to the camp Perception checks you two please.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

I didn't see/hear/smell anything!


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Calain and Pashaj:
You could have sworn you heard a russling in the nearby grass but decide that it was nothing and continue on with Garavel by the time you realize it was more than a rustle in the bushes it is too late and giant lizard is already upon you. First battle yay Pashaj Calain initiative plz it is a surprise round and only the "Lizard" may act.

Calain and Pashaj:
the lizard already right behind you pounces on Pashaj in an attempt to pin him to the ground. Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 You easily make out of the way of the leaping lizard and turn to face it the Lizard stands 4 ft tall with green scales it walks without tracks and its green scales camouflage it well among the Grove it s scrawny and stalks on two spindly legs black quills cover its back you have never heard or seen anything like this. Garavel seems to be unaware of its presence and keeps walking :) Lizards init:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Map battle and grove


Male Elf Ranger 1
Wareagle wrote:
"Great then lets get going, Urdaan you watch over the others you hear."

"Certainly Garavel."

151 to 200 of 2,866 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.