Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,869 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

male Elf Witch 2

"We should check the rest of this crypt to ensure that there is nothing more down here. Once the pugwampi's move in, it will be hard to see what the original state was."


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

"Yes, lets continue checking the crypt, who knows what will be discovered next."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Alright, let's go then.
Calain looks about and heads to whatever new route presents itself.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The main passage south seems the best way to go. It's quite clear, apart from the odd skeleton of someone who's fallen in combat, and you then come to another cross-roads, passages to east and west, both with alcoves containing the remains of those laid to rest here.


Raulzig inspects the east passage first.
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain turns down the eastern passage and leads off. He didn't care which way they went and so he would take his cues from the little Pathfinder.
The giant man leads off, Blade out and ready...


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir will follow the gnome.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


male Elf Witch 2

As usual, Samuel provides cover with his crossbow.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj tries to get the feel of the heft of the mace, but keeps step with the others.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Everyone moves quietly down the passage to the east. There doesn't seem to have been as much brawling down here, the bones you can see rest peacefully in their alcoves. All is still silent, the silence of the grave.

Then Digweed sneezes, loudly.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain looks down at Dig weed and smiles. My sentiments exactly. Let's finish in this grave.There's nothing here but dust. He picks up a skull. This fellow and his friends need their sleep. Let's head up and prepare for the caravan. Maybe I can swindle another fine night with the varisian gypsy if she's a mind to talk to....ACTUALLY let's keep looking. Their might be a bauble down here I could give her.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren continues to follow Calain.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

West or south, then?


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

GO WEST YOUNG MAN!!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

OK, no need to shout! :)

Buried under a jumble of bones at the end of this passage is a small teak box emblazoned with the holy symbol of Sarenrae.


"Hey Pashaj, looks like we uncovered a relic! Maybe we need to bring it back up and find it a place in the temple, what do you think?"
Raulzig inspects the box.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Bardic Knowledge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren will focus on small teak box and detect magic. First looking for the presence of any magical auras.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Unless its place is beneath the temple. But let us look upon it."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Everyone gathers to examine the box. Raulzig knows that this is a typical storage box used by devotees for any precious faith-related item, something typically found at home or in one's quarters (if soldier, priest or monk).

Jengren's detect magic suggests that there's something magical in there.

Do you wish to open it here or take it elsewhere?


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel continues to follow, his crossbow ready. "Unless there is immediate need to open it, I suggest we hold off until we finish our current task."


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren will continue to concentrate on the storage box attempting to determine the number and power of the auras.

"Magic inside."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Unless there is Ale inside let's be on with it. If this is all this tunnel is going to give us, let's check that last one and finish up. My throat is parched and water will have to do until the caravan arrives.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

"I've witnessed an everful cup once, my friend. To Cayden Cailean that is a holy symbol."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Agreed. There are greater needs in this moment." Pashaj follows after Calain.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

There isn't much more to be found - apart from a LOT of skeletons, but the main southwards corridor ends with a solid wooden door.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

That hopefully will lead us somewhere interesting.

Zahir just follows the group and tries to be out of the way unless it looks like there will be need of his talents.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain brazenly walks up and attempts to open the door. Traps be damned.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel just rolls his eyes a bit, but otherwise refrains from any outward reaction to Calain's reaction due to Digweed's presence.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

With a horrendous screech of hinges that haven't moved in a good few decades, the door opens. The chamber beyond seems to be an enormous laboratory. Against the north and south walls are two identical daises raised about five feet from the laboratory floor, each accessed by a wide set of curved stairs. Atop each dais is a wide workbench covered in a bewildering series of glass beakers, tubes, alembics, athanors, and other alchemical tools. Some of these containers are filled with a murky green substance.

A massive mould-encrusted basalt table dominates the entrance of the room, flanked by two small tables to the east and west containing surgical tools and sheaves of old parchment. The walls of the subterranean lab were clearly fashioned from the living rock under the monastery, but carefully cut mold-encrusted tiles line the floor, interrupted occasionally by metal drains the size of dinner plates.

To the west, a flight of stairs leads upwards into darkness.


My post fell prey to the post monster. I wish the profiles would open in a new tab/window by default.
Raulzig can't believe this lab was built by the Sarenrae monks.
He carefully approaches the basalt tables:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
He examines the tables for any writings that have survived:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7. Detect magic as needed


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel follows, intrigued by the alchemical equipment. "This would likely have been where they prepared their dead for final burial. Odd tht that there is still anything in the beakers, though."

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir is curious and will poke around.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

He goes up and pokes at the containers filled with the green substance to see if it is more gel or liquid. Makes him think of mad alchemist lab that was meant to stay hidden.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"A strange room for such a place." Pashaj observes, staying a healthy distance away from the laboratory equipment. "But not the end of our search, it seems." He indicates the stairway that leads into darkness.


male Elf Witch 2

"Not all that strange, all things considered. They had to prepare their dead somewhere, and it makes sense that it would be just off the body's final burial site. I suspect the stairs simply lead up to the main floor of the monastery, though what may be at the top of them now is anybody's guess, even if originally it is doubtful that they led anywhere particularly dangerous."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Zahir, as you approach the containers you notice that the liquid within quivers ever so slightly at your approach.

As you all spread out through the chamber, the slime splashes out of their tubing and jars to attack you! It looks like sloppy, near-liquified plant matter festooned with tiny mushrooms and patches of sickly green and mustard-hued mould... and seems to be out to get you!

Initiatives, please.

Slime initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 3


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Subtract 1, I had an error on my initiative bonus.

That was terrible.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Yuck, what is that stuff?

Know:Dung: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Zahir is surprised but prepares for the worst.

I was thinking might be some sort of potions and not some monster.


male Elf Witch 2

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj whirls around, his longspear ready to strike.

Initiative - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I think he whirled too far...

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

OOC: Sorry, ought to have asked you what you want to do as well as for intitiatives!

Looking at the gloop, it appears to be some kind of slime or ooze... and it's basically trying to get out of its containers and all over you lot. Fortunately, it's pretty sluggish so you all get a chance to react before it reaches you...

Post as you come by, don't wait to do it in order (I'll resolve everything in a summary post), but the order will be:

Zahir
Calain
Jengren
Samuel
Pashaj
Slimey stuff.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain makes an attack at the nearest slime.
2 handed PA1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20
Damage1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19

By the gods what IS this crap!


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren releases an orb of acid to splash the slime but misses wide. He Then moves back 25 feet.

ranged touched acid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d3 ⇒ 2


male Elf Witch 2

As soon as the slime in the vials starts to move, Samuel casts Mage Armor and draws his morningstar.


Raulzig cries out in surprise, draws his crossbow and loads it.
Knowledge check to identify the ooze 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj's spear falls to the floor with a clatter, as a chant comes to his lips. Gripping his mace, he inches towards the slime.

Free action to drop the longspear. Standard action to begin Sermonic Performance. Move action to draw the +1 mace. 5-Foot Step towards the slime.

All allies receive a +1 competence bonus to hit and damage, and a +1 morale bonus to saves against fear.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Round 1

Raulzig leaps back, yelping and scrabbling to get his crossbow ready... his mind whirling as he tries (and fails) to figure out what the slimey stuff actually might be.

Calain swings his weapon, making a real mess of the almost-tendril of slimey stuff that was advancing on his left ankle. What's left retreats straight down one of the drains in the floor.

Jengren hurls an orb of acid, which slips out of his fingers and shatters on the corner of one of the tables. At least the slimey stuff on there is avoiding the splatter... but it's making its way around and still coming towards him.

Samuel prepares himself, muttering a spell and readying a morningstar.

Pashaj drops his spear and begins to chant as he makes threatening gestures with his mace.

Now as for my slimey stuff....

Tendrils reach out towards everybody - well, apart from Calain who made short work of the one reaching for him!

Tendril on Raulzig: attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17, dmg 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Tendril on Jengren: attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, dmg 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Tendril on Samuel: attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10, dmg 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Tendril on Pashaj: attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11, dmg 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Digweed emits a shrll screech and flees back into the catacombs, leaving his lantern behind.

If the attack on you succeeded, please make a Fortitude save. The slimey stuff will attempt to engulf those it hit, so you will also need to make a grapple check for the next round. You may now declare actions & make the necessary rolls for the next round.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

The tendril hit Jengren does it have improved grapple or grab? I assume so but if not, do I get the AoO?

Initiating grapple is a standard action so that begin in round 2, correct? If round two then Jengren will withdraw as full round action.

Jengren, who is badly injured, is attempting to withdraw as far away as possible. How long are the tendrils reaching?


male Elf Witch 2

AC 19, CMD 20, 6/6 HP, Mage Armor, Fighting Defensively

Samuel dodges the thing attacking him, and tries to hit it while defending himself at the same time, though it is clear that defense is more important than offense at this point.

Attack 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3(normal +1 from Sermonic Performance -4 from fighting defensively


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain makes a short charge for the goop going after the wizard. Not out of any friendship.
More likely concern his death will bring some curse or bad luck. That stuff happened all the
Time.
2 handed PA, Charge1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 + 2 = 10
Damage1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 3 = 13

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,869 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.