Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,604 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"It is my guess that he is one who would wish his deed known before his visage." Pashaj studies the statue. "Yet another has a deep hatred of the face he wears. I, too, wonder."


M H, Keleshite, Sor 3, Init. 8, P 2, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, HP 23/23 , F +3, R +3, W +4 (+1 electricity)

Jengren stands back close to Calain. Hope there is not boom, when they place the bowl there.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Raulzig casts his mind back to theology class... Vardishal was an immortal warrior, or at least was thought to be... only he met his end eventually, in a big battle near this very spot. Some 200 years ago, rumours of a goodly spirit, the ghost of a warrior who appeared to make pronouncements and speak omens, spread amongst local devotees of Sarenrae and drew pilgrims and a monastery was built.

Looking at the carvings on the walls of the shrine, it appears that they do depict Vardishal, who seems to be acting in conjunction with five genies known as the Templars of the Five Winds. There also seems to be a white mountain, the source of some great evil, in the images.

As the group wonders if the silver bowl will fit in the statue's mutilated hands, Pashaj suddenly notices some grooves in the floor at the base of the statue.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain waits near the door, half expecting an explosion once Raulzig places his cup...


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir will wander around the room and just look around. He is just curious.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Look." Pashaj raises his a hand. "In the floor, at the foot of this paragon. There is some device, it seems."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As Pashaj looks more closely, he sees that the statue swivels to one side.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 3, Init. 8, P 2, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, HP 23/23 , F +3, R +3, W +4 (+1 electricity)
Megan Robertson wrote:


Looking at the carvings on the walls of the shrine, it appears that they do depict Vardishal, who seems to be acting in conjunction with five genies known as the Templars of the Five Winds. There also seems to be a white mountain, the source of some great evil, in the images.

Jengren would take note of the five genies, does he know or understand anything from what he is looking at, given his genie blood?

No useful knowledge's on my character sheet.


male Elf Witch 2

Knowledge (history) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Knowledge (planes) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Both trying to recollect any information on the Templars of the Five Winds

"Raulzig, that's your department. Once you've cleared the statue of traps, I suggest Calain and the other warriors stands ready as someone opens it from the side." Samuel puts the bowl away in his pack, takes up his crossbow once more, and waits quietly to see what the statue is hiding.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"It may take great strength to move it." Pashaj sets his spear aside. "You have my aid in this, Calain."


Raulzig checks if the strange marks at the base are part of a trap, and also tries to recall anything about the Templars of the Five Winds.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Disable Device: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Between you, those attempting to recall information on the Templars of the Five Winds come up with the following:

The Templars of the Five Winds were a group of five powerful genies from antiquity. They have not been heard from in centuries, but travellers in the northern reaches of Katapesh and the southern bounds of Osirion still sometimes attribute miracles or victories to their guidance.

Legend tells that the Templars of the Five Winds defeated a great evil hundreds of years ago near Pale Mountain in the Brazen Peaks, a pinnacle not very far from the village of Kelmarane. Each Templar was associated with a specific aspect of the wind, and each wielded a distinct, highly potent magic weapon.

The Templars of the Five Winds were said to be particular enemies of the cult of Rovagug, god of destruction, and many tales of their triumphs recount battles against the spawn of that vile religion. The templars themselves are jann, mortal genie-spirits dedicated to no particular element. For some reason, these jann cannot die, though none have been seen in centuries.

Meanwhile, those putting some effort into moving the statue find that it can be pivoted to the side. Assuming that you do so, a hidden door in the north wall opens, revealing a flight of stairs that leads down into darkness!

A small cluster of pugwampi watch in amazement.

"We didn't know that could happen," says Digweed. "Shall I fetch a lantern?"


Raulzig tries to convey the message that of course he knew that would happen all along.
"This is a metaphor, my little friends. If you are persistent in your pursuit of perfection, new venues will be opened for you. And if you don't forget to bring a lantern, they will also be illuminated. Be so kind and fetch one for our less able-sighted comrades."
Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain nods. Well done.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

They sound like they chose a powerful enemy to have. Would be interested in knowing more about them.

Zahir is fascinated by the story and wants to see more now. He is curious about what great evil they defeated.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj murmurs a prayer, and again brings light to Calain's armor. Retrieving his spear, he makes ready to descend the stairs.

Light spell on Calain's breastplate. Pashaj will refresh it as needed.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

All right let's go

Calain strides back in, satisfied that, for the moment they were not going to blow up.
His blade drawn he moves off to search.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Digweed scampers off and comes back with a lantern that is almost as big as he is.

The monastery’s undercrypt is a series of ten-foot-wide rough-hewn passages. Lit by a combination of Digweed's lantern and Calain's glowing breastplate, the passage stretches ahead due south, with two side passages to either side. An eerie silence pervades this cool subterranean funerary network.

Where would you like to go?


M H, Keleshite, Sor 3, Init. 8, P 2, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, HP 23/23 , F +3, R +3, W +4 (+1 electricity)

Jengren follows the group down the under-crypt. He would be second to last in the group. His sleeves pushed up to mid forearm. Focusing his inner energy.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain shrugs at the intersection and points left, a questioning look on his face.


male Elf Witch 2

In the middle of the group, Samuel waits patiently. "Perhaps we should have a couple of people go down aways on the side aisles just to insure that there isn't any undead or anything we need to be concerned about."

Can Samuel see the ends of the side halls with his low light vision? or if anyone has darkvision, can they see an end to them?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As you investigate the first left-side passage, you see that it contains the bodies of scores — if not hundreds — of honoured worshippers of Sarenrae in shallow niches carved into the walls. Many of these skeletal remains have been roughly tossed from their niches, and countless bones and skulls line the floor.

Peering down it, you can make out a corpse of a man in yellowing leather armour — clearly not a member of the monastic community — lying at the end of this passage.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir is curious about the body. He will move towards it after waiting to see if anyone wishes to go with him. Zahir wants a better look to see if can tell where the corpse is from.


"An adventurer who has discovered this crypt before? But what caused his demise?"
Raulzig sneaks forward, observing the environment with his darkvision.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Detect Magic


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Stepped right when should have stepped left? Tombs carry traps, don't they.


male Elf Witch 2

"And/or undead. Either way, best to be careful." Samuel will follow about 20 feet behind Raulzig, providing cover with his crossbow.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj follows cautiously, his longspear poised.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 3, Init. 8, P 2, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, HP 23/23 , F +3, R +3, W +4 (+1 electricity)

Jengren continues to follow along. He remains second to last in the marching order.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain will continue to lead towards the body in leather, allowing Raulzig to move forward to inspect for traps if he wishes.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

All remains quiet and still as you advance cautiously on the corpse. But it was not always so. Even a casual look at the remains littering the floor shows signs of a struggle. Some skeletons lie jumbled up against a wall where they fell, their skulls crushed by the blow of a weapon. Many wear the faded orange robes of monastery clerics, often with signs of crippling injuries suffered at the hands of their attackers.

The corpse that has attracted attention, though, is not that of a monk. He's wearing rather nice leather armour which looks as if it would clean up nicely although it's showing the signs of age, and was armed with a dagger. Whilst most of the remains here are mere skeletons, this corpse is an actualy dead body, perhaps more recent, perhaps just better preserved.

Raulzig:
The dagger is magical!


"Or maybe a bandit who assaulted the disciples of this monastery. Anyway, I'm guessing he won't need that nice dagger anymore."
Raulzig reaches for the magical dagger and snatches it, then backs away slightly, making sure that the dead are not angered at his 'loot from the looters' policy.
"And the armor must be of top quality to have survived all these years. Perhaps it could still serve us after we clean it properly."


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir nods.

Perhaps we should do what we can to return the disturbed bodies to their proper resting spots?

He moves to where he would be able to assist with this while waiting on someone more knowledgeable about it to show what needs to be done.


male Elf Witch 2

"Later, perhaps, but for now, we have to finish our primary task, and get the princess settled in."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj turns to Zahir. "You will have my assistance in this, but as Samuel says, it must wait."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Digweed, still holding his lantern and watching wide-eyed, chips in
"We didn't know this was down here... but once it's cleaned up a bit, it will make fine quarters for us if you want the upstairs... always was a bit - open - for pugwampi tastes."

There is no untoward reaction as Raulzig helped himself to the dagger.

Which way now?


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

I suppose we should check the other tunnel then?

Calain moves back up to the junction.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 3, Init. 8, P 2, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, HP 23/23 , F +3, R +3, W +4 (+1 electricity)

Jengren will follow behind Calain.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir will continue with the group to the other tunnel.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The passage to the east presents a similar appearance, scattered bones giving mute evidence of a desperate struggle in the darkness. A pile of skeletons bearing terrible broken bones lies at the terminus of this passage. A mace is still clutched in the bony grip of one of the skeletons here.


"I've got a strong sense of deja vu, excuse my Galtan."

Raulzig proceeds to repeat the sequence of actions from the previous corridor.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Detect Magic

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Raulzig:
That mace is magical too!


Raulzig tries to identify the properties of both the mace and the dagger.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"Who wants the magical mace? Pashaj? Zahir? I can barely lift it, so can find little use of it."


M H, Keleshite, Sor 3, Init. 8, P 2, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, HP 23/23 , F +3, R +3, W +4 (+1 electricity)

Jengren casts detect magic and looks at the dagger and mace to try to determine the properties.

mace spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
dagger spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel will also examine the items found by his fellow pathfinder.

Spellcraft (dagger) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Spellcraft (mace) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Thank you for the offer but I much prefer the weapons I have at the moment. I would be able to lift the mace but it would not feel balanced for me.

Zahir is looking around and trying to see if any clues as to what this place was used for.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


M H, Keleshite, Sor 3, Init. 8, P 2, AC 12, T 12, FF 10, HP 23/23 , F +3, R +3, W +4 (+1 electricity)

Jengren shakes his head at Raulzig's question, "I wouldn't know how to use that thing."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

The cleric can have it if he wishes. I prefer my Nodachi, but I'll take it for a backup if nobody wants it.

Calain is beginning to look bored. Are we done in here? If so, then let's return and welcome the caravan. The sooner we can Start killing Gnolls the sooner I can find Haleen.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"I will wield it in honor of the goddess who now allows us in her halls, but when the devoted of Sarenrae once again take their rightful place here, I will relinquish it to them." Pashaj bows and reaches out with an open hand to take the weapon.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The place is quite clearly a catacomb... alcoves along the walls contain the mortal remaims of many individuals, mostly skeletons.

Both dagger and mace are +1, but nobody can discern any other properties about them.


Raulzig hands over the mace to Pashaj.
Well, are we exploring the place further in hope to find a magical Nodachi somewhere, or going back up?

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,604 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.