Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


1,151 to 1,200 of 2,869 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Raulzig stands 10ft. behind, keeping his crossbow trained at the air above Calain's head...
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren stands behind Raulzig and whispers, "There may be some flashes and booms over your shoulder but don't fear, that is just the power of the air bursting from my finger tips.'


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

With a muttered prayer, Pashaj presses a hand to Calain's armor, and bright light once again issues from it.

Casting Light on Calain's armor, which now sheds normal light in a 20-foot radius.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Light floods into the chamber from Calain's armour. It illuminates a strange creature, about a foot long, insectoid with four fleshy wings and barbed legs, which emits a loud screech and swoops towards the glowing ranger.

Initiative, please, folks! You may also declare your opening actions and make any necessary rolls, I'll then sort out the order of events.


Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
"Whoa, look at that bug!" Raulzig exclaims as he pulls the crossbow trigger.
Activating Luck
Atk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, maybe -4 if I act after the bug is in melee.
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Do I roll knowledge check and you tell me if my nature, geography, or dungeoneering recognizes it?

Zahir will move to the side to try for setting up a flank if needed and get ready to sling a bullet at it.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

The shot having already left Raulzig's crossbow, Calain Drops the Chakram and moves to flank with Zahir to kill the bug.
Rarrrgh!

2 handed Power Attack1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 24
Damage1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19

Confirm Crit?1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 13
Damage1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 3 = 19


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

A pulsating energy orb springs from Jengren's finger tips and strikes the insectoid.

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Initiative - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

As a standard action, Pashaj begins his Sermonic Performance. Everybody gets a +1 competence bonus to attack and damage rolls, and a +1 morale bonus to saves against fear effects. He then moves as close as he can to the insectoid creature, stopping at 10 feet away (longspear range).

Pashaj had been silent a moment ago, but his voice breaks into a sudden chant as he strides forward, spear poised to strike.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel will fire his crossbow as per his usual tactics.

One way or another, I'm pretty sure this creature is dead.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

First round of combat

Better roll my beastie's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Jengren steps forwards, raising one hand with an arcane incantation as a pulsating energy orb flies from his fingertips and strikes the critter centre of mass. It lurches, but continues towards the party.

Raulzig lets fly with his readied crossbow, the bolt whizzing through the air and impaling the critter. Ichor spurts out as it drops to the floor with a *SPLAT!*

Pashaj begins to chant and raises his spear, looking around for any other targets, his move mirrored by Calain who stands, nodachi poised...

They are not disappointed. Three more of the critters fly down from the shadows at the apex of the room, splitting off and heading for different people - one towards Jengren, one at Pashaj and one towards Zahir.

Zahir, you may attempt Knowledge: Nature or Dungeoneering if you are curious, or just hurl a sling bullet at it. Likewise Samuel can choose a target for his crossbow.

Zahir & Samuel, please tell me what you want to do; and everyone may state actions and make rolls for the next round. As it's the weekend, I will post the next move Monday, work permitting.


Raulzig is curious too!
Bardic knowledge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


male Elf Witch 2

Sameul will take aim at the one moving toward Jengren.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Aww. Wasted crit.
The shot having already left Raulzig's crossbow, Calain Drops the Chakram and moves to flank with the sorcerer. The man was not a warrior and would need protecting if he was going to throw spells around.

Rarrrgh!

2 handed Power Attack, Inspired, Flank1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 22
Damage 2 hand PA, Inspired 1d10 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 15

I will kill it. Go Defensive.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir tries to recall anything that might say what these things are while loosing a bullet.

Bullet: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Knowledge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj will continue his Sermonic Performance as a swift action. With a move action he moves within 10 feet of the nearest enemy and attacks with his longspear.

Attack (Longspear) vs. AC - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
If it hits, it deals 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 points of piercing damage.

Pashaj surges forward, and filling the room with his chant and thrusting his spear at his foe.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Round 1 (cont)

Samuel fires at the critter flying towards Jengren, the bolt striking one wing and spinning it around.

Zahir looses a sling bullet, hitting the one that's advancing on him, hitting it on the head! Its eyes go wide and it hisses in fury. Wrack his brains as he might, he cannot remember what it is...

Raulzig:
They are stirges, vicious beasts that suck blood and carry disease!

End of Round 1

I am feeling kind, Calain - you may use your crit this round :)

Now awaiting all but Pashaj's action for Round 2.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

RD2:

Jengren concentrates as the energy swells in his body, then the focused bolt of electricity springs from his right hand towards the flying insect approaching him..

electricity ranged touch att.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 ⇒ 6

He continues to stay towards the rear of the group, not moving until the others act.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2
Megan Robertson wrote:


I am feeling kind, Calain - you may use your crit this round :)

Now awaiting all but Pashaj's action for Round 2.

Sweet. Did I kill it?


"Try to avoid their bites - they might infect you!"
Raulzig reloads his crossbow and fires at the one attacking Zahir, all the while stomping his left foot in sync with Pashaj's chant.
still feeling Lucky, and Inspired. I think I've used 3 rounds today thus far.
Atk: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 12
Dmg: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3


male Elf Witch 2

Round 2

attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
damaage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"I would imagine so, living in such filth." Samuel quickly reloads his crossbow and launches another bolt at the clearest target.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Maintaining his flank, calain tries to end the bug threatening the sorcerer.

2 handed Power Attack, Inspired, Flank1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage 2 hand PA, Inspired 1d10 + 6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 3 + 1 = 11


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren remains steady and does not move. He nods quickly at the Calain.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Sorry - up to ears as teaching ramps up...

Round 2

Jengren stretches forth his hand and a sizzling blue bolt of lightning lashes out at the critter flying towards him. It shudders as it hits, falling to the floor in a twitching heap.

Raulzig reloads and shoots, possibly a bit hastily as his shot passes just wide of its mark.

Still chanting, Pashaj steps forwards stabbing with his spear at the critter that's about to attack him. The spear impales it and it curls in on itself, legs and wings juddering as it dies.

Calain, who'd just managed to pull his blow originally intended for the first critter to appear, pivoted neatly and chopped the last critter completely in two. Both halves fall to the floor in a puddle of goo and ichor.

End of combat...

Nice work. Digweed looks impressed.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain looks at Digweed.
Told you. You may learn to do likewise if you are brave enough to try.


male Elf Witch 2

"To be fair, even our shorter brethren with us are still bigger than those critters, and they are still dangerous enough to us to justify caution. If I were Digweed's size, I sure as heck would be more than a bit concerned about them myself. Now, Spike, eyes open, we may as well search this room as best as possible since we took the trouble of killing everything." He resists the urge to gag as the head of a hedgehog slowly, and with nose definitely unhappy, pokes out of his travel pouch.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Raulzig casts Detect magic into the room.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren flexes his fingers then puts his tips together like a steeple, "So what was so special about this room," he questions as he stands outside the doorway.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Hummmmmmmm." Pashaj brings his chant to and end with a resonating hum, and pulls loose his spear. He looks to the Pathfinders, then to Jengren. "These are those who know such things, if they are given a moment to know it." Breathing deeply of the foul air, Pashaj crouches to his knees and wipes his weapon clean.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir will look around and see what clues he can find about this area.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

The survival is to try and see if there is anything salvageable in this area.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain continues to speak to Dig weed.
Run now, and spread the word that Calain and his warriors have destroyed the flying creatures that troubled you. We will meet you back in the main chapel.

Once the Pugwampi scurries to tell everybody he looks to the rest, It's all for show of course. It was either tell an inflated story of my prowess or slaughter them to clear the building. My conscience is clear. Now search before he comes back.

He fails to suppress a grin

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Samuel finds a secret door in the southwest wall leads to the secret
garden in area A11. Other than that, rooting amongst the foul debris left by the stirges yields 43 gp worth of loose coins, a chime of opening, and a fine silver bowl.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

I was curious about those things. What are they? If they accept you as leader and are not dangerous to us then seem like they could be good guardian helpers. Seems like they would be good at raising an alarm.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

That's what I hope. The members of the caravan are not fond of them. Hopefully the princess is kind enough to find them useful.


male Elf Witch 2

"Member. I don't know that the others yet have a firm opinion of them one way or another, aside from what Dashki has told them. His reaction should be enlightening, to say the least."

Is the silver bowl decorated in any shape or form?


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj holds his tongue. There are times for quiet, and times for words, and this time was of the first kind.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The silver bowl has geometric patterns on it.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain surveys the room.
If we are done here, I ordered the Pugwampi chief to gather all weapons and armor they had. Figure we could outfit him with weapons and armor. You're right Zahir, they make good guards


Raulzig frowns at the image of a company of armed pugwampis.
"Perhaps they could serve better as sentries rather than guards? You know what might be useful? Whistles. Does anyone know how to make one?"


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren simply listens to everyone's statements.


male Elf Witch 2

"I believe we have found everything of interest here. Let us keep searching the rest of the monastary."


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren asks Calain, and the others, "Did Zahir and I, pass your judgment?"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Ha! You have at least proven you ARE a warrior of sorts, sorcerer. As to whether you journey with us, that is not MY decision. I would not mind you blowing up our enemies, just don't level your demon craft at me and I'd have you at my side. You to Zahir.

Calain is ready to leave,
Does any other room take your fancy Sammy, Raulzig? Or shall we go see if our pugwampi friends have scrounged all the weapons and valuables as I asked?


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel will suggest the following route: A12, A4, A7, A1, A1A, A1B, and back around to the kitchen area.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

Jengren grins at the Calain's demon craft comment. He will follow along with Samuel's suggest route.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj, satisfied with the upkeep of his spearhead, follows the group wordlessly.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

A12: The brightly painted walls of this small chapel, probably meant for personal prayer and reflection, stand out as unusually garish for the otherwise reserved architecture notable elsewhere in the monastery. On the walls, numerous rectangular wooden plates traced in gold filigree depict a strapping warrior battling creatures of fire, riding a chariot on the wind, and engaging in other acts of noble heroism. It is the same figure depicted elsewhere in the monastery, but the sheer number of images here suggest that this shrine was especially important to the clerics who honored him as a saint of Sarenrae. Perhaps a quarter of the gold plates have been pried away or hacked apart by long-absent vandals.

Opposite the door, dominating a section of the north wall, stands a man-sized statue of the warrior, its face marred by what look like numerous blows from an axe. The statue holds both hands in front of him, bent at the elbow, palms up, as if expecting an offering. Several deep rents from similar axe blows make it clear that someone tried to hack the arms from the statue decades ago, but was unable to do so.


"This Vardishal guy must have stepped on quite a few evil toes, it seems!"
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Knowledge History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
"Hey, what if we put that silver bowl in his hands?"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

You are the expert Raulzig, not I.
Calain stands back 10ft, what he hopes is a safe distance.


male Elf Witch 2

"It's worth considering at least, I suppose. Too bad there isn't some way to restore it. I'm getting rather curious as to what this man looked like." Samuel will take the bowl, and check to see if it seems to fit in the hands, though he doesn't actually put it in until his fellow pathfinder has a chance to finish his ruminations.

1,151 to 1,200 of 2,869 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.