Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,951 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Sensing like now is the time, Raulzig quickly steps behind Calain so that his small silhouette is obscured. He gestures his hands and a burning crown appears above Calain's head, while bat-like wings spread behind his back.
casting Silent Image. Calain is the g#!$%#n Batman now.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

awesome.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj places the butt of his spear on the temple floor and watches the interchange. He does not give voice to his disquiet.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The pugwampi's mouth drops open in a comic caricature of 'surprise'... then he drops to his knees and bangs his forehead on the floor, kowtowing.

"If it please Your Aweomeness, how are you called?"

This is the third time I've run this AP, but nobody's pulled a stunt like this before! Awesome :)


male Elf Witch 4

That's what makes the AP's so nice. There is enough room for variance that no two groups will ever play them exactly the same way, making them very strong in replayability.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

You will call be by my True Name: Calain! Now bring your people here!.We must make ready for my hordes. I will bring you the Heads of the Gnolls who have ignored you. This place must be set for my advance parties arrival. You and your fellows have a role to play in Usurping the Gnoll false gods. They are dogs. Not worthy of your worship. Follow me and you will know Glory!


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

I'm loving this too, though Pashaj sure isn't.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Aww c'mon. Calain hasn't told a single lie. He is a God of the Areana and he is absolutely willing to let the pugwampi live. They seem dumb so you present strength with the intimidate check and offer them a good life if they serve. He did say they could leave. And Pashaj gets the temple without killing a singleone


male Elf Witch 4

Samuel is just waiting to see Dashki's face if they stick around.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

I can't remember. Was it 'takecontrol of the building' or 'wipe them out'?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It was 'rid [the monastery] of whatever fell creatures currently call it home' actually... but if you manage to tame them and make them serve, I guess that would be OK :)


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Its the claim of godhood that bothers him. He's worried that Calain is seeking to take the gnolls' place as a false deity, not having truly achieved divinity.

This is just one area where I am excited to see how the dynamic plays out between the two. Obviously, they see things differently, but they also have things in common. Both Calain and Pashaj have a background of servitude, but they were both freed by somebody that recognized their worth.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2
Megan Robertson wrote:
It was 'rid [the monastery] of whatever fell creatures currently call it home' actually... but if you manage to tame them and make them serve, I guess that would be OK :)

Sweet.

Calain waits for the little creature to scramble, gathering the rest before him. Once assembled, he speaks.

Listen well. All of you. We herald the coming of the Desert Princess, a woman of great beauty and power. The village the Gnolls inhabit belongs to HER and I, the champion of Life and Death, Gnoll Killer and God of the Arena will gift it back to her. With it. She will bring trade and gold and horses and Warriors. There is no stopping the March. The Gnolls will Die on my sword. I offer you a chance to benefit from all this. Serve the Lady's Great House and me. You live better than ever before. There will be better food and clean water. And this tribe can have an honoured place at the council. Or those of you not brave enough for the coming war, go into the desert and make your lives elsewhere. If you haven't the heart for the fight, then go in peace. But know any who align themselves with the Gnolls will become my enemies.

As he finishes that last word he Raises his arms in a great flourish. As a gladiator, he was used to working the crowd.

Diplomacy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


male Elf Witch 4

Samuel watches the reactions of these strange creatures quietly. While not quite certain what Lady Almah would think of this, it would at least save them the trouble of wasting precious spells and crossbow bolts on them, and would provide more than a little amusement to his fellow pathfinders when he wrote the final report.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The pugwampi king emits a piercing whistle and about 20-30 of the little beasts come scuttling out, down from the rafters and so on, to gather together, all on their knees as they listen to Calain's speech.

"We will serve you, Great God Calain," they say in chorus. "What is your bidding?"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

We need to make the place ready for HER arrival.
He gestures towards pashaj, This is the HOLY MAN. Servant of the Monk God and My Friend. He has healing Magics. He will direct you on how to make this place ready for worship. If you have sick or injured, he can help.

Then he motions towards Sammy and Raulsgig, These are the PATHFINDERS. They are writers and tellers of stories, here to witness and record and aid in the battle to come. They can tell you many stories and are skilled in Magic.

He finally gestures to Urdaan, This is the HUNTER. He is a mighty warrior and Tracker. He is here to Kill Gnolls but can help with Hunting and troubles from the wilderness. Now. Let's get to work....YOU, he points to the king, Are my voice to your people. Come

Calain, with the aid of the others will be directing the pugwampi in the cleanup of the Church, mostly stuff to get ready for the arrival of the Caravans, clearing a spot to put them and filling the trough for the horses. The kitchen also needs cleaning. If Urdaan could shoot some game for a feast would help.

During a quiet period, when the 'Gods Voice' pugwampi is giving out Calain's orders, Calain whispers to Sammy, [b]Speak if I am forgetting something. Ultimately Calain wants the place in order when the caravan arrives. He would have the Pugwampi prostrate before the princess, as a show of respect and to stop the guards killing them.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj taps the butt of his spear upon the ground before addressing the assembled pugwampi. "You have defiled a holy place in your ignorance, and risked great wrath. Go now, to every corner of this temple, and pick up your leavings. Make it as if you had never touched these halls if you wish still to be welcome within them. And then, I will tend to your wounds as best I can."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The pugwampis set to with a will, beginning to clear all the debris out of the temple, carrying it outside and building a bonfire.

The pugwampi king offers to show you around the monastery.

Here is the map, tell me which bit you want him to show you first & I'll describe it for you.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Just take us around in a circuit. Calain would want to see it all


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Jengren, from what my skills and the map say, this is the place. I wonder about the large bonfire though. Wonder if that is good news or bad. Think it might be bad news at some point as will attract attention.

Zahir will pick up his pace a little to get to the monastery after he takes time to don his armor. He is curious about the bonfire.

Zahir is a halfling that does get reckless at times. He is a follower of Gozreh but Chaldira gets a prayer when going into battle and coin when he returns from the desert. Zahir is a cheerful person and sometimes might not say much and others be poking and asking questions. He seems to really enjoy his sling but is willing to get into melee. He is a little funny looking as he tries to appear much larger when battle comes around.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

It would be funnier if he was a barbarians. A 3 1/2 foot ball of fury


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

If he was a barbarian then he would believe he was bigger. As is he just tries and look bigger. A halfling barbarian I think would be funny though.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

"Zahir lead on,", his suspicious eyes looking for signs of danger. He shifts his uncomfortable backpack. Blasted thing weighs a ton. Quickening his pace to match his traveling companion's.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Zahir leads Jengren quickly until they get a couple hundred feet away.

We might want to move cautiously now and be ready for anything but don't appear threatening. Don't know where that caravan is at that was leading to this area and they could have the bonfire. Hate to try and get a job with them after they fill us full of holes because we look dangerous.

Zahir leads slowly but carefully towards the bonfire.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

"Little friend tread carefully, keep an eye out for gnolls. I've no desire to be sold to a slaver today. You on the other hand may make a tasty jerky for them." A guttural laugh escapes.


male Elf Witch 4

Samuel speaks to one of the regular pugwampis as he puts his crossbow away. "I require a tour of the facility in order to ensure that everything is in order and that everyone with the princess has proper accommodations. Raulzig, see to it that they know the proper modes of behavior and etiquette around the princess and her entourage." Samuel is still not quite certain of how this is going to work out, but it seemed to be working thus far, and it gave him an opportunity to study these creatures in greater detail. Once he has secured a guide and has left the sanctuary, he asks the creature, "What is your name? Also, have you ever heard of a fellow by the name of Dashki?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The pugwampi king is sticking close to Calain, his new 'god,' but directs another to accompany those who wish to make the tour.

"I am called Digweed," he says, clearly proud to have been assigned this duty. "First I will show you the courtyard..."[/b]

He leads you back out of the chapel up the steps and into A7. The outer wall (west) of this passage bears a massive carving. The central figure — a heroic man with a pointed beard — preaches to a variety of human clerics from throughout the long history of the monastery. The first image depicts the figure manifesting in a spiritual manner to a small group of pilgrims of Sarenrae. Another shows the figure conversing with a man in religious finery while the monastery itself is being constructed in the background. Thereafter follows a procession of similar poses, each depicting a visit by the bearded man and the leader of each era of the temple. The depictions of these clerics often also bear an identifying inscription, complete with dates that span the last several hundred years. The most recent carving is from thirty years ago, and while ample room remains for additional carvings on the west wall, the last thirty feet or so are completely blank.

Huge branches and overgrown weeds clog the central open air courtyard of the monastery's cloister walk. In better times, the monastic priests would have contemplated the open space while circling the cloister, but today it is barely possible to see a few feet into the tangled mess, let alone all the way to the opposite cloister walk. Here and there the brush thins out enough that a dedicated explorer might be able to create a sort of passage, but mostly it is an impassable mess.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

"Keep moving forward Zahir, you see anything yet?"

perception roll:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Looking for movement and silhouettes against the bonfire. Blasted human eyes!


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

I don't have the length of your legs and also don't want to charge into a gnoll. We will get there. Just be patient. A little caution will not cost us that much time.

Zahir moves as smoothly as he can while looking for anyone.

Searching for who has the bonfire: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Moving as silently as the human allows: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Having given his direction to the pugwampi, Pashaj will accompany Samuel.

Pashaj studies each of the carved facades carefully. "Those who write their stories in stone intend for them to live long. We who dwell here should learn what we can of them. These pictures stir thought as the desert wind stirs the sands."


male Elf Witch 4

Knowledge (history) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Samuel pauses to examine the carvings in greater detail, intrigued by sequence, curious if there is any indication as to who the oft repeated man is supposed to be, or if it was assumed that any observer would simply know, combining his own knowledge of history with what the wall tells him regarding the years involved.

Does the courtyard appear to be where the large bird may have come from? Also, was there anything of interest in A1A or A1B?


Raulzig struggles to suppress giggles when he sees that the impromptu plan has worked and Pugwampis submitted without needless violence. He wonders briefly if Lady Almah might not be happy at all to live under one roof with these creatures, but he dismisses the thought for later.

While on the excursion around the temple, he checks to see if the structure held well over the years and is safe to inhabit:
Knowledge Architecture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Noticing that the carving has piqued Samuel's interest, he tries to supply him with whatever information he can remember from the years at the Academy.
spending one use of Archaeologist's Luck and taking 10 on Knowledge History gets me a 20.
Bardic Knowledge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

When the pugwampis have finished getting the debris to the bonfire, Raulzig has them assembled in front of it and has a short improvised speech:

"This is a glorious day for all of you. In abandoning your cruel and unworthy gnoll masters and electing to serve the civilised races, you have elevated your tribe as a shining example for the rest of your kin. If you continue to cooperate with us, you will learn to live a better life, and this day will always remain in your memory as the luckiest day for the pugwampis!
Let these remains of your past errors burn, and may this fire light your way to a brighter future!"

Diplomacy (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Raulzig will then remotely ignite the bonfire with the Spark cantrip.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Looking more closely at the carvings, you see that the bas-relief has suffered a lot of deliberate damage. In particular the clerics of Sarenrae have been particularly ill-treated, with some of their names and the dates of their reign completely pried away or scratched into oblivion. Their physical forms bear other obvious sings of abuse, with a few gouges in faces and chests that clearly seem to have been created with strong intent to vandalize.

The bearded figure is depicted in a manner similar to the way in which the faith of Sarenrae depict their saints, but this is not one of the more frequently honored saints of that faith. With a bit of thought, you manage to identify the image as that of a very obscure regional saint named Vardishal.

Raulzig, you think most of the structure is sound, with the place mainly in need of a good scrub!

It is possible that the bird came from the courtyard, yes.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj hums, deeply troubled by the defacing of the likenesses of Sarenrae's priests. He turns to Digweed. "The scratches are deep. Do you know who has done this?"


male Elf Witch 4

Does the defacing look to be relatively recent, or are there clear signs of age around it?


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

"Keep moving forward Zahir, you see anything yet?" Nearing the bonfire.


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

I don't see anything yet and if was gnolls they would likely be attending it. This is very curious. What is the bonfire made out of? Is that stuff from inside the building?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"It's been like that ever since I can remember," says Digweed. "I can ask the elders, but as far as I know it has always been so. Where would you like to go next?"

Is anyone keeping watch? The pugwampis certainly are not! Far too busy clearing out the chapel as directed by their new God.


Raulzig is definitely not. The idea that someone else might be interested in this place doesn't even occur to him as his mind is now fully dedicated to processing the new circumstances.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Noting how much cleaner the place was looking already, Calain started to turn his mind to other things. He takes a knee to look, the Pugwampi king in the eye.

Listen to me now. You are my Voice. First hand of Calain. MyCaptain. What is your name?

Upon hearing the Response, Calain says, A good, strong Name. A warriors name. I will have only the best for you. Have the Pugwampi gather ALL weapons and armor you have here, along with ANY treasures, gold, silver silk. We will outfit you and use the valuable things to buy you even better. Bring the strongest Pugwampi before me. The war is coming and we need watches to keep eyes out for any Gnolls who would try to sneak here.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

"Zahir, lets look for window, or door, and peek inside. An unguarded fire is strange indeed, perhaps a trap? Watch for signs of battle?"


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

I was thinking the same thing. Let us move next to the wall as we move inside. Zahir moves cautiously but still trying to not look threatening. He looks for tracks to see if he sees any signs of gnolls.

Any wretched gnolls here?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

If he doesn't see tracks of gnolls leading to the bonfire, then when the duo gets inside is when Zahir no longer tries to move silently and if hears any voices that are speaking common then will ask if anyone is there.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj is definitely not keeping watch. He's transfixed on the defaced carvings.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The pugwampi king is clearly uncomfortable in such close proximity to his deity.

"I am Mokknokk, Oh Lord," he says, backing off a bit and dropping to his knees. "Directions shall be given as you desire at once, Oh light of the universe."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Good, My Captain. Rise. You will not live on your knees before me, you are a warrior, so stand and live strong. Now when your best warriors are here, direct them to keep watch around the temple. They are to roam in pairs and if they spot Gnolls or the Princess's caravan,one is to run and tell us while the other keeps watch. They are not to stop either. Merely bring me to them.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"As you command, Oh jewel of the stars."

Mokknokk rushes off, squeaking orders. Several pugwampi pair up and go outside.

Outside: Zahir and Jengren

You see a couple of 3-foot high humanoids, with almost dog-like features (think the sort of Peke or Chihuahua that celebs carry in handbags, not a realdog!), come out. One points at you and elbows the other, who runs back in.

Back inside: Calain and Mokknokk

A pugwampi rushes in and up to Mokknokk, almost gibbering in excitement, and tugging at his sleeve.

Mokknokk turns and sweeps a bow. The effect is spoiled by his crown falling off.

"Two approach, oh light of the heavens. Men, not gnolls."


Hp 11 - Initiative +3 Perception +7 AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2

Is it a nature check to know what they are?
Know: Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Do you know what those are, Jengren? Those are not gnoll children are they?


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

As the owner of two real dogs labs, I completely understand.

"Zahir, let's not make any sudden movements we've been spotted." Jengren tunes the flow of energy in his body, ready to call it forth if necessary. "They don't look like gnolls."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Well done! Gather the HolyMan and the Pathfinders!

Calain immediately follows the Pugwampi guard outside to meet the intruders.
He carries his Blade as he walks.

Hold. You enter claimed Territory. State your name and Purpose.


M H, Keleshite, Sor 4, Init. 9, P 2, AC 13, T 13, FF 10, HP 26/26 , F +3, R +4, W +5 (+1 electricity)

"Jengren Dsustun, at your service, we are travelers looking for shelter."

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,951 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.