Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


951 to 1,000 of 2,618 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Those Varisians.sure do get around.;)


Male Elf Ranger 1

Sorry about the none-post; Sunday was an ugly day at work for me. Maybe next campfire.

Urdaan glances up from his breakfast and raises an eyebrow as the irate woman stoems by, before looking curiously at Calain when he joins the group.

"So. Bad night?"

After any back and forth with Calain, he finishes his food and go to request to speak with Almah about the day's activities.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calian smiles as he joins his new friend.
Great Night. Bad Morning.

Calain sits down and gets to work cleaning his weapons beforehe eats.

Are the others awake yet? Did the gods smile upon anyone else as they did me last night?


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel rolls out of bed, and quickly packs his gear up, obviously well versed at it. Joining the others at the fire, "Everyone ready for another exciting day of skirting death on the high desert?", he settles down to eat some trail rations, or if there is some breakfast prepared, whatever is prepared.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan looks up from a steaming mug to Samuel with amused surprise. "As ready as one can be for such a thing, I suppose. It's the long, boring days of skirting death that tend to be a problem." After a pause of consideration, Urdaan takes a brief glance about, he then smiles and addresses Samuel in Elven.

Elven:
"You show worry on guide of the Lady in night before. Think he be cause of troubles?" You get the impression that Urdaan has not had cause to speak the language in some time; his manner of speech is archaic where it isn't broken.

He then turns back to Calain and comments, "Didn't mean to leave you out of that. The question doesn't translate well into common tongues."


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"I am ready to continue."
H'vok feeds Crucuble(the scorpion), while waiting for everyone else to get ready.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain takes no offense to Urdaan's 'secret talk, so far at least the elf had proven to be a capable if odd warrior, for he'd seen an elf fight like a dwarf in heavy armor before. So far Calain found he's liked the elf. Urdaan was no match for him, obviously but he did make a reliable melee partner.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Once everyone is awake and has had breakfast, the Lady Almah calls you all into her pavillion. She's reclining on a heap of carpets and cushions, sipping from a silver goblet.

"Would you care for some sherbert?" she begins. "I find it refreshing on hot mornings..."

She waves you to find somewhere to sit and waits until you are settled (and served, if you accept some sherbert).

"Now, this place isn't really suitable for a permanent base of operations. However, about a mile from the Sultan's Claw stands the abandoned Monastery of St. Vardishal, a forlorn edifice once holy to Sarenrae. The monks were wiped out about 20 years ago, and since then the place has stood as an empty ruin. I'd like you to go and explore every room of the place and rid it of whatever fell creatures that currently call it home. Once you have done that, the main encampment will move from here and set up in the monastery. Any questions?"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Mission is simple enough. Know of what is likely to inhabit the place or have you not had scouts go there yet? Obviously there may be Gnolls but anything else worth mentioning?

Calain drinks plenty of water (since he may not get much later) but does not partake of the sherbert.


"If the last abandoned monastery we barely made it out of is to be of any indication, we should expect ghouls aplenty. Can you provide us with some restoratives to combat the effect of their ghastly touches?"

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

I am sure my priest will be able to supply something... As for who is there, I have not yet sent scouts... for you are to be my scouting party! Gnolls I would imagine, they are rife in this area," answered Alma.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Prepared Spells:
Orisons - Create Water, Light, Guidance
1st - Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds
Domain: Protection from Chaos
"I am not a disciple of Sarenrae, but I am one who walks the sands, as are the rest of you. I know the heat of her stare, and of the chilling cold when she turns her gaze elsewhere, as do the rest of you." Pashaj speaks calmly, without condescension.

Diplomacy - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"Will we be welcome in her ruined shrine when we are not her earthly servants? To be a guest in a holy place is often accepted. To take a holy place for one's own purposes is not. How will we honor the goddess of the sun in our task?"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Simple. She's a good god. Good gods hate evil. Gnolls are evil. We're killing Gnolls. That is enough. Now let's get moving.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Ready to go, folks?

Father Zastoran has potions of cure light wounds, cure moderate wounds, delay poison, lesser restoration, and nonmagical holy water, quite a stash in a leather-bound travel chest.

"How many do you need?" he asks. He also says that provided you show respect, he does not think that Sarenrae would object to your exploring the site, or the party as a whole using it as a base.

The old monastery is about a mile away from the Sultan's Claw campsite.
As you approach, you see that scrub brush and a light, patchy carpet of weeds have invaded the monastery through two huge fallen sections of the western wall. The exposed nave beyond is a huge hallway littered with bits of debris ranging from tiny rocks to enormous sections of collapsed masonry. Most of the roof above the long promenade is gone, but several jagged pillars remain.

Plan - you are approaching from the north, but may circle around if you so wish.


male Elf Witch 2

Sorry about the delay. Starting full time work again after more than six monthes takes a bit of getting used to.

Earlier, responding to Urdaan's question in elven
[spoiler=elven]"I think he protests far too much and far too loudly. He's hiding something and is afraid of it coming out, the only question is what. He is worth keeping an eye on."

Once the party gets close to the monastary
"We should be on the lookout for more of those pugwhatevers that the loud, stinky fellow was carrying on about. Where there is one, there may be others about. Perhaps one of our more sneaky individuals should scout the entire perimeter and look for signs of activity."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj smiles serenely at Calain's response, and nods politely at Father Zastoran's. "I do not ask for fear of her wrath. It is wise to consider the feelings of the sun, though. I will say no more of it, though if we clear the monastery of evil, I would hope to send letters to her faithful in Katapesh, welcoming them back to its halls. We should be able to conclude our business before this."

The priest has little to say during the trek to the ruin. At Samuel's direction, he gives a hum of approval.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2
S. W. wrote:

Sorry about the delay. Starting full time work again after more than six monthes takes a bit of getting used to.

Earlier, responding to Urdaan's question in elven
[spoiler=elven]"I think he protests far too much and far too loudly. He's hiding something and is afraid of it coming out, the only question is what. He is worth keeping an eye on."

Once the party gets close to the monastary
"We should be on the lookout for more of those pugwhatevers that the loud, stinky fellow was carrying on about. Where there is one, there may be others about. Perhaps one of our more sneaky individuals should scout the entire perimeter and look for signs of activity."

Urdaan, shall we?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As you prowl the perimeter, you see that most of the monastery's walls remain intact, though a few of its towers have collapsed and gaping holes mar most of the structure's ceilings. Most wooden structures have rotted away and nature has begun to intrude upon the monastery's interior. Some of the old red and orange tile work remains intact, but where walls and ceilings have fallen the decoration has cracked and faded.

It's all very quiet, although you hear slight sounds of movements within, and an odd hooting sound - mammal not an owl. Then with a rattle of feathers a large bird with white and brown plumage rises up from somewhere inside and flies off to the south east.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Survival1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Calain and Urdaan use what cover they can to check the place out. Lookimg for enemies, traps and signs of Activity. Trying to stay out of line of sight as they stalk the temple, Calain asks Urdaan, What do you think?


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Some say birds are omens. Others say they are birds." Pashaj speaks in a hushed tone. He turns to Raulzig, then to Samuel. "Have you learned of a creature such as that in your travels, or in your books?"


male Elf Witch 2

Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"I suppose with the apparently omnipresent harrow cards that it could be seen as an omen, though what kind of omen is beyond me. If it is, we shall just have to deal with it when the time comes; no use is getting ahead of ourselves."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Samuel, it looks a bit like a vulture, only those usually have black feathers.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Samuel

Urdaan takes a moment, then nods and replies.

Elven:
Sounds keen. Will continue to eye the strange one. Thanks.

Patrol with Calain

"I'm expecting more wild animals and vermin than gnolls and such, but there are always surprises." he replies, scanning the building and grounds around it for signs of recent activity.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Megs, did Calain and Urdaan's scout reveal anything about the temple? Alternative enterences, enemies etc


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

I will try to mentally get back into the game.

H'vok misses the scout team leaving. While he is waiting he trains his scorpion for its next trick.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The only entrances seem to be those in the north wall. As you watch, several dark forms bound through, leaping about in strange acrobatics, and grunted to one another. They appear about man-sized humanoids, quite hairy and as comfortable on all fours as upright.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Never one for subltety, Calain Does what he does best. Rage!
He charges one of the forms, his Nodachi coming down in a powerful arc

Rage Charge Power Attack1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 23
2 hand Rage PA1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16

Unlike usual he does not roar, hoping to have a moment to kill this lot before they summon aid.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan's brow furrows as he tries to get a better look at the strange creatures, until Calain rushes forward. Biting back a mild oath, he draws his axe and races after him.

K. Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Not sure if I still get an attack action, but if so:
Charge w/Waraxe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13; 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Can those not in the scouting party see Calain's charge?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

They sure can hear it!!!

The creatures are well inside the nave, a half-dozen or so bouncing around the southernmost line of dots (which are pillars) that you see as you rush into the nave. They stop and stare at you, gibbering a bit. The largest stands up tall and grins widely at you.

Updated Plan


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Surely I hit the thing is it dead?

Rd1 Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Calain exhaltes in the strike and continues his assault. There are more to fight and he is committed. He flanks with Urdaan if possible, if not merely moves to the closest target and does what he does best or finishing his first target if it still breathes.
Two handed Rage Power Attack1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 = 21
Damage1d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 = 16


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj raises the point of his spear and breaks into a run, moving as quickly as he can to the aid of Calain and Urdaan.

Initiative - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Not sure where this will place me on the map, but I'll try to get as close behind Calain as I can.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Watch out! Mad cleric!

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

WHEN you reach the creatures, Calain, yes your blow does leave one in a bloody mess on the floor.

The others turn and flee to the most westerly door on the south wall, bounding and using their hands for speed.

Anyone with a missle weapon (or ranged spell) may have one attack, or you can give chase... but they are moving faster than any of you do.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Did the entire party go, or did just some of them go?


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

COME BACK. COWARDS!

Calain yells but recognises he cannot catch the creatures. He drops his rage. Fatigued for 2 minutes. He waits for the others to catch up.

Let me catch my breath and we should persue. They are disorganised and afraid, but the longer we wait the more organised thier defences will become. They know the building inside but smaller rooms will help nuffily thier superior numbers and restrict any archers or wizards they may have.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

BWWAAH! CHARGE!

At Calain's words, Pashaj raises a hand to his companions, and urges them to come forward.

Pashaj will stand guard over Calain as he recovers. As he doe so, he watches the surrounding area for any activity.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Once the creatures have gone through the doorway, all falls silent once more.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Is everyone ready? We should press them before they prepare!


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel comes forward, his crossbow ready as always, ready to provide support to the front line.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj casts Light on Calain's breastplate, and falls in behind him.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Map update

Marching order, methinks!


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

I'm not sure where Calain will fall, but Pashaj will do his best to remain right behind him.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

To the front!!


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Bump


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel would be somewhere in the backline.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

OK, Calain seems most enthusiastic so he's in front!

Heading forwards, you see doorways to right and left and, a long way down the hallway, there's a statue of some kind. There is no sign or sound of the hairy critters, but there are some muted sounds from the doorway to your right (that is, the east side of the hall - you're running south). There's also a smell of.... overcooked cabbages?

Where do you want to go?


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

With a tap of his finger upon Calain's back, Pashaj gestures silently towards the the door on the right.

Stealth - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain nods, grateful for the light spell Pashaj regularly renewed upon his armor.
He takes up a position on the left side of the door and indicatesfor Urdaan to take the right side.

He looks for any traps and if the inspection finds none, waits for everyone to be ready then opens the door, quickly moving 5ft in and IF SPOTTING AN OBVIOUS FOE, chargingfor an attack.

Perception: Listen and spot traps1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

If door not locked/trapped and a Obvious foe seen- 2 handed Charge 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
Damage1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Getting back into the game folks, sorry for the prolonged absence

Raulzig moves closer to the right door, but keeps watching the entrance to the southern passageway for signs of hostile activity, crossbow ready.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

951 to 1,000 of 2,618 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.