Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


51 to 100 of 2,602 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

With everyone aboard their respective camel, the caravan leads out of the North Gate of Solku.
After a 3-4 minute slow ride, you reach the watering well, where you stop to fill up your personal waterskins, if needed, and the spare 20 waterskins on the supply camel. At the well, you also see five women with a young child, about 5-6 years old, being held by the hand, looking to the northern horizon. They speak among themselves when they see you stop and disembark and they seem to pick the youngest one, in her early 20s, who approaches your caravan and says, "Good morning, young soldiers, peace be with you, I am Karina. May I trouble you too much to ask if you are riding out of Solku today,and if so would you happen to pass the Church of Dion on your ventures."

Knowledge religion DC 15:
The Church of Dion is a small church of Irori which has stood tall for as long as any can remember. The cellar of the church is at least five times the size of of the upstairs making up most of the Church

Knowledge Geo DC 15:
You know the sultans Claw is to the NW of Solku around a three day trek

Knowledge Geo DC 20:
You know the general route to the Sultan's Claw and you know it is actually a unique landmark 3 days journey from Solku a leafless tree with branches pointing upwards, in a claw fashon, hence its name

Knowledge Geo DC 15 for those who made religon check only:
The church of Dion is 2 day trek off in the direction of Samil it is fairly well hidden among the surprising large amount of trees in its area you will not pass it on your venture a half days trek off road half way along your route is required to reach it

Pashaj +2 on religion check and for the purpose of the Geo check related to the religion check. he can take both untrained. Raulzig +2 on the other Geo Checks


Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

OOC:

Crap. Doesn't look like I'll be able to roleplay Archaeologist's luck effectively :) Can I at least take 10 on the Geo check?


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Knowledge (Religion) - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Knowledge (Geography) - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Both are untrained.

"I know of the Church of Dion, and that it is near our course. I do not yet know if it is on our path. The bee beckoned back to the hive does not tarry at a nearby flower, no matter how sweet its nectar."


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

I take 2 of the spares, and put them on my camel.

"Before we take off on this journey could everyone who has not introduced themselves do so. I just think it is practical to know who I am with. As I stated previously I am Hav'k, and I have some control over nature itself.", say Havok eager to learn of the others.


"I am Raulzig, researcher and explorer extraordinaire. My skills are varied, and I am no stranger to arcane arts, too!"
Raulzig points his finger at one of H'vok's waterskins, and it suddenly makes a loop through the air before softly landing back on the camel.
"However if we must face gnolls, they will taste bolts and steel!
Raulzig proudly displays his crossbow and sword, which are both clearly quite new.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"Oh....", says Karina, clearly disappointed, as she looks back to the other 4 women, and nods her head no (from side to side). You see disappointment in the faces of the 4 women too, as again, they look towards the northern horizon. Karina mumbles "Sorry for bothering you" and walks back toward the women. Garavel turns and looks to you "What was that about?"


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan takes a pair of spare waterskins and after filling them, pauses in packing his gear onto a camel to listen to the newcomers.

K. Geo 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Not recognizing the location, he continues packing his gear, taking a moment to take a look at the caravan in general.

Don't know if you want a roll for this, but what Urdaan is looking for is what kind of people are traveling along, who might be more at risk in a crisis, that sort of thing.

Upon hearing Hav'k request for general introductions, he shakes his head in amusment. "Yes, that probably should have been handled earlier, shouldn't it have? I'm am Urdaan Einalf. As Garavel stated, I've been working for some time as a caravan and market guard, mostly for my fath...partner, Thurrin Ironshod."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

In respect to H'vok's question.

"I am Pashaj, a pilgrim."

In response to Garavel

"I did not mean to be a cause of disappointment, but neither will I make promises that may distract us. But I will go and speak with her all the same."

Pashaj rides slowly after Karina. "You reason for asking?"


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"I hear that there is trouble from Samil my brother he is a monk at the church, and has been for some time. He said he would be returning to us soon a few weeks back but since then I have heard there is trouble at the old church and have heard no word from him. I... fear for the worst. in his last letter to us he said that High priest Golmek had been acting strangely... he told us nothing more. What if gnolls attacked or worse." Tears start to well up in her eyes."If you could just check up on him it would mean the world to me. The church is well hidden among the trees you may not be able to see it from the world I don't think they take to strangers well so tell the its on my behalf, Thank you a lot."she says under the impression you are going to help her. She turns to the four others and begins to tell them the "news".


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Strange that a follower of Irori keeps to bonds of family. That bond is one that holds us to this earth. But each path is different."

Sense Motive (on Karina) - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Pashaj turns back to Garavel, assuming he has been listening. "Similar to reports of Kelmarane, before it fell, if I recall. Concerned words followed by no words. Perhaps there is a connection. Perhaps not."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain is 100yards on the flank, so out of normal speaking range, he would return if shouted to but already introduced himself to the group anyway.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Garavel takes a puff of his new cigar "Gnolls out here if that is true then we will have to be more cautious than I thought. Usually monks of Irori keep to themselves perhaps there is something amiss though I doubt it is gnolls or bandits but corruption from within He mumbles out loud he seems to be very concerned over the ordeal "well we will see what we can do for the girl. If you are done with introductions we should head out". He than waits for a response.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Charity is a centering point. If this shall please these here, it shall please us as well." Pashaj turns his camel in the direction of the Church. "When we arrive, I will speak to the monks. Our philosophies may differ, but our Master does not."


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"though I do feel for the girl we would have to veer off our course to reach the Church, I have strict orders from Alamh to meet her in three days...but if there is indeed a problem it is best we look into it we could even learn more of what had happened in Kelmerane."sigh" It is good to know that you have good intentions, Pashaj, do you know the way"Garavel smiles


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Waiting on the rest to respond before we head out


Male Elf Ranger 1

"I agree with Garavel; I would rather make apologies to our employer than potentionally leave someone to the gnolls' mercy. How long a side-trek would we be looking at?"


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

DC 10 knoledge geo:
You could lessen the time it takes to one and a half days if you travel off road and head straight there

"It is a two or so day venture to reach the Church and then another two to reach the Claw from there. There could be a better route but...that is not my area of expertise." Garavel says in response to Urdaan.


Male Elf Ranger 1
Wareagle wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

"It is a two or so day venture to reach the Church and then another two to reach the Claw from there. There could be a better route but...that is not my area of expertise." Garavel says in response to Urdaan.

K.Geo 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Urdaan glances over the dunes, and turns back to Garavel. "How are our carried water supplies? We could cut that by about half a day, if we travel directly through the desert. I'm not aware of any gnoll packs native to the region, (K.Local? If so, 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 to confirm) and it may allow us to keep our appointment with Lady Alamh."


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Garavel takes a puff and listens to Urdaan"You are just full of surprises gnoll hunter and if we push the camels hard we could reach Almah in time sounds like a plan though it may be risky to travel off road I'm willing to take my chances"Garavel than turns and speaks to the others "Our Hunter here has planed our route we are headed for the Church cutting though the desert stay tight and be cautious for many dangers lie on our path"with that said Garavel turns back to the road and begin to ride out at a slow pace he looks back to the group "Coming?"


not taking my chances this time
Take 10 on Knowledge(geo):10+3=13

I concur with Urdaan, the straight path may lead us to the church faster. And three and a half days is technically still less than four days, so, Garavel, you wouldn't be in a breach of your contract! I have my wayfinder over here, it always shows where north is. We can use it to avoid getting lost. Plus it can serve as a light source if we travel by nighttime. And the church should have a drinking well to restore our water supplies. I say, we go and help the poor girl out!


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain, having heard Garavel's shout,
Church or the town, we can kill gnolls just as well in either location, let's just get on with it


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"Calain control your gnoll bloodthirst you will have your share of battle by the end I promise, and Raulzig I'd like to known a little bit more about that wayfinder of yours how did you come by it"


male Elf Witch 2

"I, too, have a wayfinder. The Venture-Captain gave it to me, though I did promise to pay him back for it. While it may add a little time to our journey, the desert is too dangerous of a place to leave such concerns as these uninvestigated. If we don't find anything, we can provide peace of mind. If we do find something wrong, we have eliminated a danger close to Solku."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Based on the checks earlier, I think Pashaj does know the location of the Church of Dion, though it sounds like Urdaan has the best route figured.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Urdaan does not know the location of the Church he just suggested to cut though the desert instead of taking the road to shorten your route


male Elf Witch 2

Know (geography) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Know (religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"We are headed for the east every one sattle up and lets ride"Garavel signals the group

With everyone aboard their respective camel (in the same order as before), the caravan leads out of the North Gate of Solku and heads straight west thogh the open desert. As the hours pass, the heat of the desert begins to take its toll on you. Withen a couple of hours, the temperature is in the mid 80s with no sign of relief in sight. You all feel lucky you are not traveling during the summer months (still 2 months away), where you have heard the temperature can reach as high as 120! You see no other travlers of any sort. It seems the gnoll threat and the dangers of the desert have scared people off. By 2pm, the heat is at its strongest, and you each have used up more than 2 waterskins, as your clothes stick to your skin, drenched in sweat. As you come over a sand dune, you see to the south a small village "Thats the village of Samil folks It's definetly seen better days hear that theres great trouble there used to be a good little villa but with the trouble as of late...Listen to me blabber we have a church to find"With that said Garavel continues on full speed ahead!

After a few more hours of progress Garavel calls to set up camp at a near by group of trees Link(for shade and in hope of finding a watering hole) for the night, tired and sweaty.You eat your trail rations and drink your water, trying to conserve as much as possible. Garavel joins the party for dinner. After dinner, he excuses himself and goes into his tent. He wishes you luck on your card game, if you decide to engage in it. He also reminds you that there are only 10 full waterskins left.

You are free to pass the night as you will. Let me know what you do, if you post guards, what spells you memorize, etc.. When ready for the next morning, let me know


Male Elf Ranger 1

After the camp is set up, Urdaan gives the grove a good search for a watering hole (unless it's presence was a foregone conclusion), and any other potential problems, like a serpent's den or scorpion nest.

Not sure which roll you'd prefer for that, so:
Survival1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

After this, he settles down near the rest of the group, setting out tools for weapon maintenance. While oiling his axe's handle, he asks conversationally, "How would you all like to divide the watch tonight?"


Having finished his meal, Raulzig has made himself comfortable under a nearby tree, took out his notepad and started making notes, recording his impressions of the first day of the expedition and his newfound comrades for future reference. He is still close enough to the fire to hear the conversations going on there.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj begins to fill the waterskins with create water.

"I prefer to rest early and greet the morning in meditation."


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Urdaan:
Survival result:you do find a watering hole among the trees thogh it is small the water is surprisingly clean. Perception: you do not find anything else of interest in this area (It is a large group of trees 120ftx280ft aprox and would take an hour or so for a thorough search)


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Hmm. Don't the spellcasters need a full nights sleep or something? We need those water spells. I'll take the watch at midnight.

Suprisingly this is the first comment Calain has made that has lacked any bravado.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel sets up his bedroll quietly in a relatively protected spot. "I'll take the 1st watch. I enjoy the quiet before going to sleep."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

We're on the road so Calain will sleep with his armor on! The desert is freezing at night so He'll be in his tent if anyone needs him, His Naodachi will be beside him.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"May your dreams bring you learning." Pashaj bows to his new companions before retiring for the night.

Pashaj will prepare the same spells (on his profile) for the following day.

Perception (for his watch) - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Having finished his notes, Raulzig has bid his companions goodnight and took shelter in his cozy bedroll, glad that the watch question seemed to be settled without him this time.


Male Elf Ranger 1

"I suppose that leaves me with the final watch." Urdaan finishes with the cleaning of his ax, and leaves his tools and armor with the rest of his things, though his ax and shield remain within arms reach. Unrolling a bedroll against a tree, he takes a last visual sweep of the area, then closes his eyes and dozes off.

Come early morning watch Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2
Calain wrote:
We're on the road so Calain will sleep with his armor on! The desert is freezing at night so He'll be in his tent if anyone needs him, His Naodachi will be beside him.

Perception for watch1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


male Elf Witch 2

Perception check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


M Hobgoblin Druid 1
Wareagle wrote:
Waiting on the rest to respond before we head out

I had internet issues yesterday. Actually I still have them today. Hopefully they are fixed soon. For the rest of this week if I don't respond within 16 hours of my last post assume I agreed with the group.

"I have no issue with making a change to our travel plans."


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Finally caught on the reading of this thread.
perception check if needed:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Samuel you are first on watch you see or hear nothing for the first many minutes until you hear Garavel come from his tent and walks a few feet from camp for a smoke"Beautiful night ain't it"he comments not sure if he was talking to you"I have had trouble finding rest these last few days. I fear that the threat at Kelmarane spreads it's reach much further than just the ruined village"Garavel dryly comments before taking another puff. He stands there and watch's the starry night for many minutes until he is disrupted by a loud howl from that of a hyena or another such animal from deeper within the "woods"."It seems we may have company in these woods, wake the others I shan't sleep knowing there's a threat nearby"Garavel barks to you before rushing for his tent.


male Elf Witch 2

"Well, I'm sure we'll be able to deal with whatever is causing the problem in the village." Samuel replies to the first few comments quietly. When Garavel gives the order to wake the others, he does so quietly, but quickly.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Garavel storms out of his tent torch in hand and sword at his side "That was a hyena I recognize its cry...where there's hyenas there's Gnolls, be cautious and stay together this could be our first fight...or our last."Garavel seems overly cautious and makes a strong assumption that there is indeed danger ahead.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj stands quickly but quietly, looking to Samuel and Garavel for some indication of what is going on.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"I am sorry I am being overly cautious though it is best we check it out everyone take a torch and a weapon with you just in case there is...trouble"Garavel says lacking a word for what happened though those who had just awoke probably have no idea what he is talking about.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj casts light on the tip of his spear (providing illumination in a 20 foot radius).


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain is awoken by Garavel and the ensuing activity.

What the Hells? Is it time already? Priest, If you would cast that light spell on my armor, I need both hands to fight.

He grabs an unlit torch and places it through a loop on his belt, should the light spell expire.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Hav'k brings his scorpion with him staying just outside of the light of the torch, using his darkvision to scout ahead. He has his sling in hand.
What knowledge check do I need to make to know if gnolls have darkvision or not, and to what distance?

Perception check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Use it well." Pashaj touches Calain's armor and casts light. The glow from his spear fades. It can only be cast on one object at a time.

51 to 100 of 2,602 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.