Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


901 to 950 of 2,914 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Oh dear. Acrobatics the First: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
Acrobatics the Second: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (6) - 4 = 2

Urdaan sighs, then forces his way through the brambles with nary a whimper.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Watching Urdann gracefully PLOW through the brambles, Calain bursts out laughing at anELF RANGER trudging and stamping through the growth.
Ha! Channeling your inner dwarf my friend?


male Elf Witch 4

"He's just making a path for the goat to get out, Calain. After all, you can't expect the animal to be as graceful as an elf, can you?" Samuel comes to the defense of his fellow elf, keeping his personal reactions to himself.


Male Elf Ranger 1

"Well, some of us have to work for a living Calain. We can't all just yell and look pretty." Urdaan calls back good-naturedly. "Besides, Thurrin would be proud!"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

You'd be surprised just how much coin and favor a good.scream and looking good while get you, my friend. Your unusual style would be very popular in tje areana.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"If my own eyes can be trusted, I would say that Urdaan has found a life that suits him better than that of the gladiator."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The cactus forest, though very wide, is not so terribly deep. Only 25 feet separate you from the trapped goat, but the thickness of the growth requires quite a lot of careful maneuvering before any of you make it to the other side. And quite a lot of painful pricks and ripped clothing too!

Once the cactus patch has been navigated, those of you scrambling through emerge on a thin strip of open land at the edge of a 15-foot wide ravine. A casual glance down the edge reveals a huge multi-armed, wickedly barbed cactus dominating the ground 10 feet below the ledge, almost directly below where the sad little goat Rombard has been lazily tied to a scrub bush. He's covered with cactus quills, and he doesn’t stay still, making it difficult to free the goat.

Raulzig, however, manages to untangle the rope as Urdaan's calming words slowly have an effect on the panicked animal...

And the air is split with a shrill yell of outrage, "Get yer hands off of me dinner!" as a small creature with a large head springs up from behind a rock flourishing a rusty dagger!


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

I'm hungry Gnat, back off! I'm taking the goat.

Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
He brandishes his Blade and readies a charge if the cretin attacks.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Initiative - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"There is no need for the shedding of blood." Pashaj insists, planting his spear in the sand.

If relevant: Diplomacy - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"Just because you stole it, that does not make it yours."

Init:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


male Elf Witch 4

"Can we just get this over with folks? I would like to get some sleep tonight. I wonder if this one of those pugwampi things that the guy was constantly yammering about back at camp." Aamuels moves his crossbow to put the creature right in his crosshairs, ready to fire.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan places himself between the strange newcomer and the goat, hand falling to his axe with practiced ease. "I suppose it could be. Nothing that I recognize though."

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

As if the world's most revolting lapdog had somehow learned to walk on its back legs, this sickly canine creature scampers around the bushes, its filmy white eyes darting this way and that. Clothed in filthy rags, the nasty-looking little thing snarls and yelps as it clutches an oversized dagger with seemingly murderous intent.

Its initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

It giggles and shrieks as it points at Samuel's crossbow.

Please make a DC10 Will save, Samuel...


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Yep. That would be a trigger for Calain's charge

Raghhhh!

2 handed Charge Power Attack1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 7
2 handed Nodachi damage1d10 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 3 = 15
A mighty swing that is badly wide.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Does my scorpion need to makes its own initiative checks, or does it go on my initiative?

attack(sling):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Scorpion's init if needed:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

It will charge
Attack 1 claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage:1d4 ⇒ 2

Grapple if claw hits
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Scorpion's AC is 10 until the beginning of its next turn.

My scorpion is going to go for the grapple.

edit:I guess the dice gods are against me again.


male Elf Witch 4

Will save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 + 2 vs enchantment

Samuel just cocks an eyebrow at the creature as he pulls the trigger of his crossbow.

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
unluck dice roll (just in case) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
damage 1d8 ⇒ 7


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan holds for Samuel to fire, then charges in as well, equaling Calain's effectiveness.

To Hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj begins humming, and breaks into a chant.

Pashaj is beginning Sermonic Performance. Every ally receives a +1 competence bonus to attack/damage rolls, and a +1 morale bonus vs. fear.

Pashaj uses his remaining move action to get closer to the attacker. He will stop 10 feet away from the creature.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Calain's charge decapitates a cactus, which doesn't seem to give a damn.

The scorpion runs headfist into the bit that Calain chopped off and gets stuck.

Samuel's bolt skewers a disgusted-looking critter, which falls over yelping. And lands in a cactus, and expires...

Rombard the goat does its best to bolt, squealing.


male Elf Witch 4

"Could someone please calm that goat down and get him untied? I think it is well past all of our bedtimes, including his, and I for one would like to get some tonight because I suspect that our busy days have only just begun." Samuel sighs as he reloads his crossbow quietly, ready for more of the creatures.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain regains his balance and is surprised at the witch's shot.
Well done.


Didn't Raulzig untie the rope and isn't he currently holding Rombard?

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You did, Raulzig, but Rombard is doing his best to get away and squealing his fool head off... he's nearly pulled you over and you're beginning to wonder if you'll get rope burns!


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj hums and says something in his native tongue.

Vudrani:
"An ending, and a beginning."
He lifts his spear from the sand and closes his eyes, listening to the desert night.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

"We came here seeking answers, and we have found but one. Have we learned all that we will this night?"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Well we proved this little sucker WAS near the camp. I can carry it back and we can see if they recognise it. It may have lit the fire


Struggling with the goat, Raulzig suddenly starts making bleating sounds himself. Using gnomish Speak with Animals ability

Goat:

The small ugly gnoll who wanted to eat you is gone! Calm down, and we will lead you back into the warm camp.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan moves over to assist Raulzig with the struggling goat, taking hold of what rope is available should his efforts fail.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Not certain if that...thing is the culprit, but we have recovered Hadrah's goat. That seems to be a sufficient task to call the night on.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Well reasoned. Let us return, then." Pashaj walks over to the creature felled by Samuel's bolt. He turns it with the butt of his spear and looks it over.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Provided that he sees no reason that it would be harmful to carry the creature, Pashaj will bind its feet and hands to his longspear, and carry it over his back.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

The goat calms at Raulzig's words, although it butts Urdaan as he moves in to help.

Meanwhile Pashaj examines the dead critter. It's a horrible, scruffy little humanoid runtish thing.

Dashki walks over, sniffs and says "Told ya it was pugwampi, and there you are!" He spits and walks off, leaving Pashaj to carry it on his own. As Pashaj lifts the corpse, several partly-burned Harrow cards flutter to the ground.

Back to camp?


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"I am unsure of the nature of those cards, but they dance through the air this evening for reasons I do not know. Perhaps one of you could collect them?" Pashaj does not wait for a reply, but instead heads in the direction of the camp, the creature's corpse hanging against his back.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain will stop to retrieve the Harrow Deck. He treated them with care since the man was VERY suspicious and did not want to anger the spirits.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok returns to the camp with the party.


male Elf Witch 4

Samuel just shakes his head at Dashki, not sure what to make of the crazy man, and turns to head back to the caravan, ready for some sleep.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Back at the Sultan's Claw campsite, Almah awaits word from the pugwampi hunt.

"Ah, good. That corpse is sufficient evidence that Dashki was telling the truth. There must be more of the creatures living nearby, which leads me to think that the Sultan's Claw is obviously too exposed a location for my camp. I know that a monastery to Sarenrae stood near the village of Kelmarane, and think that the ruined building would make a much better base of operations for the coming battle for the gnoll-held village — yet chances are good that the monastery is far from abandoned.

"In any event, the matter of the fire solved, I am open to discussing the terms of your employment. I'm going to offer you 200 gp each - how does that sound?"

Dashki sidles in and asks for the pugwampi corpse. He's fashioned a tiny noose for it to hang from the end of his staff.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

There is going to be a battle for a gnoll-held village? Is this something mentioned before or did I overlook it?


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

We were going to 'clear out' the village.

FINALLY some pay! K accept your offer to start but I want a bounty per Gnoll I kill. 1 silver piece for each left ear I bring you. You'll have measured results of your good investment.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Ok. I know I was going to rescue someone because of my trait, but I forgot what my original deal was. I will go back to the beginning and read the initial terms.


male Elf Witch 4

"Seems reasonable to me. Do we know anything about the gnolls in the village, such as numbers, level of organization, defenses, etc? Same with the monastary. How much is known about what we are dealing with?" Samuel doesn't quite believe Dashki to be as innocent as he's making himself out to be, but lets that subject go, leaving it for another day.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan also shoots a glance to Samuel at Alma's acceptance of Dashki's lack of involvement, but sets his concerns aside in favor of the plans being discussed. He chuckles at Calain's insistence on a bounty, but doesn't protest; it certainly wouldn't hurt his pay at the end of the day. 'If anything, he's undercutting himself. Gnolls on their own ground aren't equal to an arena scrap.' is When Samuel begins asking about the gnolls specifically, he adds in, "It would be particularly useful to know if there are multiple packs operating in the region as opposed to one. That would go a long ways to making any guesses into how organized their defenses may be."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Well, that's nice, 'I' only want to know one thing more. CAN we eat this goat?! Flipping burning wagons IS hungry and thirsty work. It's customary for Gladiators to have a good meal before a games and rest assured if there be Gnolls in this place, Glorious Bloody Games is what we shall have! Now, let's Drink!

He makes a grab at the wine skin the guard was holding before, the smaller and less experienced.warrior giving.it up, not willing to stop the giant man.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"Calain be nice. He might be one those sneaky types that gets you when you are not looking.", says H'vok with a grin on his face.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You settle down for the rest of the night, carousing or sleeping or doing whatever else you might want to get up to... having been told that the Lady Alma will brief you in the morning about what she wants to do next.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj has naught to say of goat nor gnoll. He listens quietly to Lady Almah and the others, but seems to have little to add to the conversation. His mouth is neutral and his face calm, but there is concern within his eyes. He seems as uneasy as you've seen him to be.

When appropriate, he excuses himself from the tent, and taking a seat beneath the charred shape of the Sultan's Claw, he retreats into deep meditation.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain enjoys the evening with his new guard buddies, drinking, tales of the arena and seemingly catching the eye of one of the girls in the procession and the distinct quietening around the fire is noted when Calain and the gypsy woman retire together...


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan makes certain all his equipment is stowed away properly, then goes to join Calain by the fire as he begins telling of arena battles. Once things begin to quiet down, he'll find a decent spot to set out his bed-roll and call it a night.

Up for some story-swapping Calain?


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Ok-you first


male Elf Witch 4

Samuel settles in to a comfortable sleeping spot, leaving Spike to keep an eye on things while he gets some sleep, quite certain that tomorrow would be an eventful day.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Ok. No stories then. We'll leave it with distant sounds of Calain impressing the camp with his prowess!

Calain awakes the next mourning and re-introduces.himself to the lovely Gypsie beside him. He loved these exotic Varisian women. Had developed.a thing for them on his 'reward nights' his lord afforded the gladiators when they won thier matches. Fewer things could motovate a slave like drink and the promiseof some fine company in the cut throat world of the Arena. What this particular beauty was doing in a caravan out of Katapesh he had yet to discover.

Old habits die hard and he recieved a slap when he produced a coin to pay the woman for her time.
Apologies. It is how things are done in the Arena
To which a curt reply of I am NO Slave! was recievedas the fiery woman stormed off.

He collected himself and made his way out from under the lean to they'd slept under and rejoined his companions for breakfast before thier debriefing.
I like that one..I shall have to learn her name and make amends

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Rest of you ready for the following morning?

(And where did you conjure up a gypsy lady from, Calain?)

901 to 950 of 2,914 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.