Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


751 to 800 of 2,616 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue(Charelton) 1

Sorry guys had a death in the family this weekend so I've been busy dealing with that

A young man with dirty blond hair rides up to the party on camel back. He seems to be looking for something and to be deep in thought. As he appraoches he seems to start a little as the men call out to him.

"I mean you no harm" he calls back and as he gets a little closer he jumps down from the back of his camel and takes it by the reigns. He looks to be unarmed and he isn't wearing any armor. He's wearing rather simple clothing.

"I know chances are slim since you seem to be just a wandering group of people but would you happen to know where I can find a man by the name of Garavel? I have some business to discuss with him.

DM:
His mace would be in his backpack as he only draws it when he needs it. He much prefers his dagger and switch blade which are hidden on his person. He has a +8 to his slight of hand check to hide weapons on his person(the breakdown of where the +8 comes from can be found in my profile). If you want me to make a roll for keeping the blades hideen feel free to roll for the hide check or take the roll below.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Diplomacy check for greeting other party:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"I am Garavel. What business do you have with me?" said that worthy, stepping forwards (but keeping his distance and a hand on his sword-hilt!).


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Understanding that the traveler's business is with Garavel, Pashaj takes a step backward. He turns his eyes to the sands, still wary of the stranger, but not wishing to intrude on their conversation.


Male Human Rogue(Charelton) 1

"Oh what dumb luck" The young man says as he approaches the man that spoke to him. Seeing that the man still has his hand on his sword he smiles "Trust me I mean you no harm. I was contacted by a man named Samlor. He asked me to seek you out and told me that you were looking for adventurers for a job. I am an adventurer and am looking for work so I figured I might as well come try to find you."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

[b]"Yes, I left instructions that if any other likely candidates were to present themselves, he was to send them on. The situation is this: I work for the Lady Almah, a merchant princess, who is in turn contracted by the Pactmasters of Katapesh to retake the village of Kelmarane, once in her family's hands. She will have the final say about whom is to be hired and what they are to be paid. I estimate we are about 2 days' travel from where I expect to find her encampment, by a landmark known as the Sultan's Claw. If you are interested, you are welcome to join us," says Garavel.

Meanwhile, the rest of his people have got the camp set up, and a goat is already roasting over the fire.


Male Human Rogue(Charelton) 1

"Sure I'll gladly join you" he says before making his way to the camp. He will help set up anything that still needs setting up and then will start tending to the camel he rode in on making sure it gets water.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Once the stranger has gain Garavel's approval, Urdaan removes the bolt from his crossbow and loosens the winch. Once the bolt is properly stowed, he returns to the care of his axe, pausing once the newcomer joins them at the fire.

"You've been traveling alone since Solku?"


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"You are a lucky man if you made it this far alone. We have had to deal with gnolls and ghouls. Neither experience was pleasant. Hopefully some of your good luck will rub off on us."


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan scowls at memory of the undead attack and holds his axe blade to the firelight, examining for any missed nicks or stratches. "Thurrin always mentioned he'd have to bring me along if he did any work near Zolurket. At least now I have a better idea of what to charge him for it." he comments absently. Satisfied with his repair work, he sets the axe aside and turns to H'vok. "Want me to take a look at that blade of yours while my tools are out?"


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel watches the newcomer quietly for a while before introducing himself. "I am not surprised he did not encounter trouble when we did. A lone traveler in these parts is either strong, bold, crazy, or any combination thereof, and few care to find out the hard way which one it is."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

That doesn't work Samuel. I'm Strong, Bold.AND.Crazy. By your thinking no one would ever fight me, yet here I am, cleaning gore off myself so I longer offend the Little Pathfinder's nose.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"A single fish can more easily slip through the holes in a net than a school" Pashaj observes, pulling dried fruit and flatbread from his satchel.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok hand his weapon to Urdaan.

He then introduces the newcomer to his scorpion.

"This is Crucible, the companion assigned to me. He will not attack you, but as I told the others I would not touch the stinger."


Male Human Rogue(Charelton) 1

Bradar nods at Urdaan "Yes I've been traveling by my self since Solku and haven't run into anything I couldn't handle." he says as he gets his pack off the camel and then finds a spot to sit next to the fire. "Oh and for those of you who didn't hear my name is Bradar Toff and I'm an adventurer. I have many talents but knife work seems to be the thing I excel at the most."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Irori is with you, Bradar Toff, wanderer of the desert. I am called Pashaj." The priest gives a polite bow to the newcomer.


male Elf Witch 2

"I am Samuel. Knife work, you say? A useful talent if you plan on wandering the desert on your own, or even with a group."


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"Oh, I guess I should introduce myself as well. I am H'vok."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan takes the scimitar and a quick examination, begins working a whetstone along the edge. "You take good care of this; that always makes the job easier."

To Bradar, he says, "I guess I didn't actually introduce myself, did I? Name's Urdaan." He hefts H'vok's weapon, checking the pommel for looseness, and finding none, gives the hobgoblin an approving nod before getting to work tightening the leather grips. "As Samuel said, choosing to travel through the desert alone is either a sign of strength, bravery or insanity; survival, on the other hand, is either absurd luck or a good deal of skill." His voice is fairly flat and somewhat distracted as he continues work on H'vok's blade, but there's an undertone of approval in his comment.


Male Human Rogue(Charelton) 1

Bradar nods as everyone introduces themselves. He then looks at Samuel with a grin "Yes my knife skills have served me very well out here on my own." Bradar will laugh at Urdaan's comment "Well I'm afraid its a little of all three..."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj does not partake in the roasted goat, but instead opts for his own rations. When he is finished eating, he rises and addresses his companions. "I will be prepared to take watch this night, but first, I would take some in contemplation. Please excuse me."

The priest walks not thirty paces away before sitting again, apart from the group. He sits with his legs crossed, and breathes deeply. A slight hum, barely more audible than a whisper, comes from him.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain tucks in heartily to his (and the cleric's) goat.
Satisfied he stretches, burps and says, Well, not a bad days fighting, even if it was.a little wasted.effort, I believe, little pathfinder, we'll make a warrior of you yet. Wake me whenever my shift is.

The big man lays down, his nodachi unsheathed and with his hand on the hilt, Gently, mind you, or you may get a thust in the guts.


male Elf Witch 2

"I'll take the morning watch. Despite the coolness that the night offers here in the desert, there is still something about seeing the sun come up that refreshes me." Samuel heads to bed after eating a light supper, clearly used to this kind of life and excitement as his ability to fall asleep immediately, his weapons within reach, shows.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

You will be glad to hear that you pass an uneventful night...


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Reset rage!

Calain awakens the next day and rises to shave and complete his morning routine. Starting with some pushups and one legged squats to warm himself up for the day.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj is up with the sun, and soon thereafter is deep in meditation.


Sorry about a prolonged absence
yesterday
Raulzig comes up to Bradar and offers his small hand. "Raulzig Turfoodle, assistant professor of archaeology in the Absalom University. Welcome to our expedition, which has turned to something more than simply exploring ruins before it even started."
today
Raulzig wakes up fresh, with a feeling of burden gone from his shoulders. He is full of optimism, as if the last day's earthquake has buried all of the problems which have plagued the expedition so far. He begins to whistle a cheerful tune as he takes out his journal and begins to scribble in it, as is his habit when he has spare time.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel relaxes as he watches over the camp and greets the sun. While he suspected that if he was a native to this region, he would not care as much for it, it was a source of strength and hope to him, and a reminder to him of his mission to bring to light that which has been covered in darkness.


Male Human Rogue(Charelton) 1

hearing the rest of his companions awaken bradar will mumble in his sleep "Five more minutes mom... and then turn over. Once more people start to greet the day he will sigh and get up.

"Do you always get up so early...its not even high noon yet..." he says as he gets to his feet a little groggy still. You get the impression that he's used to working at night and sleeping during the day. This combined with the clothing he wears gives you the feeling that he has a very...colorful past.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok prepares his spells at the appropriate time, and use his create water spell so he can save any water that is in the water skins. He feeds the scorpion some rations, and gets his gear together waiting for the others so that he can move on.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Those that have been traveling with Pashaj for the past few days have yet to see a smile from him, yet he laughs at Bradar's words. "There are some who never rest to begin with. They have risen earlier than any of us."

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

Several goats have got loose and come rooting around where you are camped as you get up. An older lady comes running after, shouting at them.

"Don't you mind 'em, dearies," she says. "They won't bite!"


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan rolls over as the cleric laughs, his eyes squinting slightly from the sunlight. "I think we've had enough of ghouls, Pashaj, at least for now."

AS the goats begin ruffling through the group's belongings, Urdaan rises from his bedroll and attempts to help the woman corral her animals.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


male Elf Witch 2

Not being an animal person, Samuel simply steps out of the way, and lets other, more competent animal handlers deal with the goats.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"I speak of the living, Urdaan." Pashaj seems indifferent to the goats, and does not move to assist. "There is a tale about such a man, I will it when the sun has gone again. It is a story for a roaring fire."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

A roaring fire cooking a roast goat perhaps? Ho, my lady, how much for a goat?


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok tries to calm the animals down so they are easier to capture.

Wild Empathy:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Human Rogue(Charelton) 1

Bradar will let the more skilled people handle the goats and he will appraoch the woman.

"Hello and well met. What brings you out here this morning?"

Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"Why, dearie, I'm part of the same caravan you've just joined. I'm Hadrah..." She grabs the stray goat by an ear and hauls it out of Calain's bedroll.

"Came with Garavel to get some extra supplies. Be nice to get back to my husband, though... he's a-looking after all the animals and all the cooking by his ownself while I'm a-gone! Come on, there's some porridge in the pot if you want breakfast afore we move out."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain brightens at the suggestion. Ha! Dear woman you could not have spoke better words. Far be it for me to turn down a meal


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"There are porridges filled with meat, and there are some without. Which kind is this?" Pashaj asks.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel thanks the woman for the food before grabbing some and continuing to stay out of the way until it is time to depart, content to observe in silence.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

"This one's without, there's honey if you like it sweet... or there is some cold roast goat left over from last night if you want meat," says Hadrah.

There's plenty to go round, and everyone is soon fed and mounted up ready to go.

Pashaj's camel farts loudly, the other camels seem to take this as the signal to move out.

The day passes, the sun burning down out of an almost-white sky. A couple of vultures pass by on patrol, paying you no attention whatsoever.

Towards evening, the monotony of the rolling dunes is broken by a craggy tree that appears over the hills ahead. It's obvious why it is called the Sultan's Claw. With five immense, mostly leafless branches, the growth looks more like a giant skeletal talon than a thing of living wood.

Garavel urges his camel forwards. "Come on," he calls. "We ought to reach it by nightfall!"


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

About time. I haven't killed a thing all day. Best get this one over with and start with new hope in the morning. Hah!

Calain urges his mount forward.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok thanks the woman for the meal, but he does wonder why she would be out with adventurers.

"Hadrah we are going to a place that may be dangerous. Will you be able to take care of yourself if we find trouble? That seems to be a skill we have mastered."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"I am pleased to accept your offering of porridge. The remainder of goat meat can perhaps go to one of my companions." Pashaj mixes a few drops of honey into his breakfast, and is ready to head out shortly thereafter.

Pashaj is fairly quiet during the day's trek, though he does comment on the circling vultures. "That the eyes of the vultures fall elsewhere speaks to our capability, even upon the barren sands." For the most part, the priest does not speak. Instead, he hums to himself, keeping time with the movement of his camel.

"This tree is strange to the eye." Pashaj says upon seeing the Sultan's Claw. "But you speak of the threat it poses. What may lurk beneath its twisted branches?"


Male Elf Ranger 1

As the caravan travels, Urdaan will take a quick accounting of the newcomers, getting a feel for their relative combativeness and numbers. When the hills, and aforementioned tree come into view, he rides up alongside Calain, and mutters quietly, "If anything's in these hills with ill intent, it'll see us long before we can, and will likely have the advantage of higher ground. Be wary." He shares this message with Garavel and the rest of his known affiliates before rejoining Calain at point.

Andoran

Female Depemds on the game system (human in the real world)

It;s getting dark as you top the last rise, and a caravan of a half-dozen wagons and a large tent clustered around the distinctive tree comes into view. Camels in a nearby pen prance in agitation, and a clutch of confused goats and livestock wander the grounds around the wagons. Perhaps a dozen men and women rush around the campsite, chasing down an animal or hastening toward the center of the cluster, near the Sultan's Claw, with pails of water in their hands. One of the wagons is on fire!

Lush orange and red flames engulf an elaborate wooden wagon emblazoned with painted moons and stars. A gout of smoke pours from an open door, and as you approach an ill wind blows a number of colorful fortune-telling Harrow cards from inside the wagon.

One of these singed cards blows directly at Pashaj, catching against his chest in a burst of orange cinders. It is the Cyclone, signifying a force that tears through whatever it meets at the behest of an intelligent being. The card portends war, arson, and destructive plans. As Pashaj shifts focus from the Cyclone back to the wagon, the whole of the Sultan's Claw erupts into brilliant flame.

The central flap of an elaborate tent flies open and a regal woman who can only be Almah steps out into the firelit night.

"Douse that flame!" she shouts to the men surrounding the wagon before turning in your direction. "Ah, Garavel!" she says. "And just a moment later than the nick of time, as usual." Looking specifically past her major domo and directly at you all, Almah barks out a simple order before running off toward the fire: "Find some way to help!"


Male Human Rogue(Charelton) 1

Bradar eats the breakfast offered to him and then sneaks off away from the party to once again prepair for the day. He stays to himself for the most part as he travels with his new found friends. As they see their destination come into view he seems to sit up in the saddle. Finally I get to my destination...the rolling hills and sand were starting to get on my nerves he thinks to himself.

When the camp bursts into flames he will dismount from his camel quickly, take out his water skin, and try to douse the flames.

DM:

Bradar's slight of hand check to hide his knives on his person:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain does a quick scan and noting the danger the flames pose hops down to join the line in carryimg buckets.

751 to 800 of 2,616 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.