Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


651 to 700 of 2,840 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Forgot elven immunity, damn elves :) Urdaan suddenly recovers and pops back on his feet magically as if nothing ever happened...

Hvok swings at the ghoul attacking him with his scimitar but swings wildly missing it badly.

The ghoul does not take kindly to Calain bash on the head from earlier, it leaps forth upon him ripping flesh from flesh with mouth and claws, his other arm falls limp but that is the least of his problem. The ghouls bite brings with it a sickened feeling and you feel the energy drain out of you falling flat to the floor. Hvok is far more lucky than the Barbarian and doges each and every of the ghouls attacks.

@Calain:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

1d8 ⇒ 4
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Dex1d3 ⇒ 3
Con1d3 ⇒ 1

@Hvok:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Wounds:
Calain: -6/15 paralyzed for 3 rounds (Right and left arm) Diseased (-3 Dex, -1 Con two consecutive Fort saves offset one every hour. DC13).
Pashaj: 11/12
Garavel: 18/27
Urdaan: 8/12
Crucible: 5/12 paralyzed for 2 rounds (whole body)

Init order:
Urdaan
Ghouls 2
Hvok
Ghouls 1
Samuel <---
Garavel
Calain
Raulzig
Pashaj
Crucible

As Calain is down Sam may wish to change his action.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

This is where I wish I had Channel Energy...

Pashaj kneels over Calain's fallen form and presses his hand firmly onto the barbarian's side. Pashaj uses Touch of Law on Calain. It should help with his stability check.

Touch of Law:
Touch of Law (Sp): You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, infusing it with the power of divine order and allowing it to treat all attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round as if the natural d20 roll resulted in an 11. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain has raging vitality, so will continue to expend rage while unconscious. Fort save with Touch of Law is 11+7 for 18


male Elf Witch 2

Casting Defensively 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
CLW 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Samuel decides to risk casting a spell. Keeping an eye on the ghoul, he chants quickly and his hand is surrounded by an aura of positive energy. Reaching out to touch Calain, that energy transfers to the barbarian's body, closing up many of the wounds.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain feels the healing touch bring him back from the brink, but his arms will not respond to his will. Unable to attack he can keep the ghouls.focus upon him, giving his allies time to do ......something. He drops rage, leaving him at 1 hp and fatigued for 2 rounds (4 rage rounds left), and uses a Total defense to guard himself as best he can.
"Pashaj, my arms won't move!

Calian is Prone but total defence should counter it


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Calain's healing action came before Pashaj's use of Touch of Law. It's somewhat changed the situation; is there any chance I could change my action? Pashaj would like to pull his companion to safety.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Upon hearing Calain's shout, Urdaan curses and swings into the remaining ghoul, hoping to end this quickly.

To hit:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage:1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Scowling as the ghoul dodges back, he shouts back, "Still tied up here! Can you hold Garavel?"


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Although Urdaans swing was a miss it caused the ghoul to have to move and that was enough to cause it to slip on the slick grease, it struggles to get up but is to no avail.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

On to Hvok


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

It looks like Touch of Law actually affects Calain's Fort Save, so I'll stand by it. Sorry about the confusion.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Realized I forgot garavel :)

He wil power attack from his current position t he ghoul standing over Calain. He kills the wounded Ghoul in one wide sweep.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 = 10


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok will attack the ghoul that is closest to him.

attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

damage:1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain breathes a sigh of relief as Garavel fells the undead thing.
He wills his damn arms to move but to no avail....


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Just to warm yall my posting rate will be very scarce over the next few days or even weeks, my new schedule is killing me and until I can work things out expect posts from me to be scarce.

Hvoks scimitar pieces into the ghouls rotted flesh with ease, the ghoul lets out a blood curdling scream but the wound did not seem to be lethal as the creature retaliates flailing it's claws at him, Hvok easily parries and doges the wounded creatures attempts at attacking with not even a scratch.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Wounds:
Calain: 1/15 paralyzed for 2 rounds (Right and left arm) Diseased (-3 Dex, -1 Con two consecutive Fort saves offset one every hour. DC13).
Pashaj: 11/12
Garavel: 18/27
Urdaan: 8/12
Crucible: 5/12 paralyzed for 1 rounds (whole body)

Sam and the rest are up!

Map


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel will continue to administer healing to Calain.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Elf Ranger 1

Not one to turn down an open invitation, Urdaan once again follows the ghoul to the floor, axe first.

To Hit prone ghoul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Out of his rage, and out of immediate danger, Calain stands, but his damn hands still won't respond.

Sh!+.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Unfortunately, Sermonic Performance is spent for the day, and this Strength damage is killing my viability with grappling or melee...

Pashaj moves to Q42 and uses Touch of Law on H'Vok.


Left unarmed after the failed trip attempt, Raulzig draws and loads his crossbow, rather hopelessly. That's two move actions, I think, and I ran out of spells


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Whose turn is it?


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Sam continues to administer magical aid to the defenseless Calain whose strength is now enough to stand but his arms still immobile.

Garavel whipes the ghoul gore from his face and eagerly searches for something else to chop, he quickly moves to Hvok's aid blade first, he crushes another undead under the sheer force of his blade sending more blood and gore into the air covering him and Hvok.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
2d4 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 = 11

Pashaj uses his touch of law on Hvok.

Raulzig changes from his whip to his crossbow and stands ready to fire.

Urdaan swings his axe down upon the prone ghoul imbedding it between it's ribs, but even such a blow does not slay the ghoul it squirms frantically and attempts to stands, before it can you swing at it again chopping it's head clean off and thus ending any immediate threat.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Garavel immediately searches the ghouls body and takes off the strange amulet from around one of the dead thins head he holds it up and puts his torch near to search it closer he shakes his head after but a few moments of search unable to identify what it is or means. "It appears to be holy symbol of some kind, but of what I know not, or why..." He turns to face the dead ghoul at his feet. "...and those robes." He kneels beside the ghoul. "They do not appear old, and they had no tattering before we came along, but why would such foul things..." Garavel begins to say but is lost in thought. "These are all to many question for me and sitting around ain't gonna get us nowhere." He turns to you all. "Lead on I guess." You take a few minutes to rest and allow the paralysis to leave you body, all affected by spiders poison may make a fort save DC13 to rid of it.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

+455xp's each.


male Elf Witch 2

Casting Detect Magic on the amulet and robes.
Knowledge (religion) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

IHis limbs finally all working again, Calain flexes his arms. Hate to be a bother , little pathfinder, but does that wand still work? I was.pretty close there till Sammy healed me, but I won't last long up front like this. Feel like I've been run over by a.chariot right now.

He retrieves his weapons and keeps his Naodachi in hand, not comfortable enough to stow it yet. Again, is this worth it? When Haleen freed me I wanted my future battles to mean something. Right now we've fought for our lives for a woman we don't know, have found sqaut for treasure besides the wand, no clue that the followers of Irori were ever here and we're off track for the REAL job were out here for.


"It does, but it's about halfway spent by now. Spiders, ghouls... This looks like a crypt, not like a temple. I wonder if the desecration of the altar with the bloody gnoll lung had something to do with the ghoul appearance? "
CLW for Calain: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6, 8 charges left
"Do you sense any magic, Sam? Let me have a look at them too."
Knowledge (religion)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Knowledge (arcana)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain feels the positive energy wash over him. Thanks, little one. I feel much better.

He looks to Garavel,Your paying the wages, Garavel, so I'm with you either way. Are we continuing to fight dead things down here or getting back to the job we came out here for?


male Elf Witch 2

"Whatever this is, we've come far enough, we may as well finish it. Even if it doesn't help that women, there's something wrong here that could cause problems for the neighborhood if left unchecked."


Male Elf Ranger 1

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Urdaan sighs. "As it is, I agree with Samuel. As far as we have dug ourselves into this, leaving it behind now would be more costly than seeing it through, most likely. Glancing back at the corpses on the ground, he adds, "But for meaning, ending those monsters' existence is not anyhting to be overlooked. Nothing should be... desecrated in that manner. Pashaj, is there anything further that can be done for them?"


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

This is where training in Knowledge (Religion) would be handy. What do you take me for? A cleric? :)

Knowledge (Religion) Untrained - 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8


Male Elf Ranger 1
Pashaj wrote:
This is where training in Knowledge (Religion) would be handy. What do you take me for? A cleric? :)

Asked the elven smithy in dwarven plate with an axe. :)


That's nearly as preposterous as expecting a bard to perform :)


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Yeah, you're all crazy. I at least play to my stereotype :)


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Hearing his elven companions views, Calain lets out a slow breath. Fine, then lets not stand around sucking air. Urdaan, you and me up front. But I'll be using my Hammer. I don't like my arms going limp in a fight.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

New job's a little more hectic then I was expecting sorry bout that guys I hope I will be able to work out a better schedule soon :(

These robes and amulets are clearly nonmagical and you can discern nothing about their origin and what they might mean. Garavel sighs as he takes position up beside Calain and Urdaan, "I suppose our only option is to move forward then." Garavel leads you through the weaving burial chambers to the east and to the south only to find more coffins on the walls, these chambers smell of death and decay which blocks out all other smells, it is not a very present place to be. Garavel spots something as you trek down the east chamber, "You see there." He says pointing to a area of the wall that lacks a sarcophagi, "A door no doubt." He moves up and puts his back into it in an attempt to move it but it does not budge not even the slightest bit. "May need a little help over here, some brawn preferably."

1d20 ⇒ 16
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Three people can aid Garavel in pushing the "door" open, it requires a combined strength check of 40 to push open.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain muscles up the door to help out.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

It is mathematically impossible to get that 40. If the strongest person has a +5 modifier, and then the other 3 make their checks that is a +11 total. If the person with the +5 rolls a nat 20 the best we could get was a 31.

By the roll on the screen looks it seems he has a +3

perception check to look for switch or lever or anything else useful:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

cast detect magic on the door also.
spellcraft if needed:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

@Hvok: What I meant was that the total of the three checks has to equal 40 or higher 17+18=35 so another 5 is needed from the third person. Forgive me for being very oldschool :)

With the two effort of the two men you can begin to hear the wall shift but it is not enough you will need a third person to fully push the fake wall aside.

@Hvok: Your keen eyes can discern that yes this is indeed a fake wall as Garavel had mentioned, perhaps an unintentional one but one nonetheless, there appears to be no lever or switch or anything of the such, all that is needed is brute strength. This door is clearly non-magical it would appear it is but the result of poor masonry.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

I like the cumulative skill check rule. And no worries about your new job affecting your posting; schedules are delicate creatures. I'll admit that it's not been easy to keep up with my games lately due to work/school.

Strength Check - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Though still weakened from the poison in his veins, Pashaj centers himself and leans into the door.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel continues to watch with his crossbow ready, letting those with a bit more strength work on the door itself.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Doors open


Raulzig stands beside Samuel, his crossbow pointed at the opening.
Will the door stay up after our Atlantes let it go?


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan attempts to discern what is in the room ahead before the group ventures in.
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok peers over Urdaan's shoulder
perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

His Hammer at the ready, Calain looks around.

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Elf Ranger 1

Quick, everyone whisper while Pash can't hear us! :P


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Once again I'm sorry about slow post rate should be back to norm soon.

With the efforts of all three of you you push the fake wall inward revealing a short hall which comes to a dead end, with your acute senses however you feel a cool draft at the "dead end" and with it comes the stench of burning flesh and garbage. Examining the wall closer it does not appear to be a secret door at all but simply a weak wall, you think a good hit from a bludgeon object/weapon could easily knock down this thin wall.

Map


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain holds a finger to his lips for quiet.
Take a moment to cast any spells you want and back up a bit. I'll smash this with my Lucerine Hammer. After, Urdaan, slip past me, shield first and I'll follow.

Wait for casting, then 2 handed Power Attack1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 1 = 6
Damage1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 3 = 12

Oh, Crap! Looks like surprise is gone!


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

I kind of wanted to punch it...

Hey, are you guys talking about me?


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

With no one, apparently wanting to cast anything, Calain shrugs and has another go.

2handed power attack1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 = 23
Damage1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 = 14

The swing is far stronger this time...
Should probably have been a.SUNDER attempt rather thanattack. My CMB is +7 with the Lucerine Hammer.


male Elf Witch 2

I'm out of spells for the day aside from my cantrips.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

I have one Protection from Chaos (domain) still prepared, but that is rather situational.

651 to 700 of 2,840 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.