Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


551 to 600 of 3,003 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Garavel is at 2/27 so he would definitely appreciate some heals.

"A poor fate this one has suffered perhaps he was once one of the monks of this poor place, and perhaps that case can enlighten us with what has happened here." Says Garavel in a low and weak voice.


One more charge for Pashaj: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
And two for Garavel: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8
Here's another one for Garavel:1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
And to top Calain off: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
7 charges spent, 10 left
"The magic in the wand is gradually depleting. I can give the wand for safekeeping if someone wishes. Pashaj? H'vok?

Oh and Sam, thanks for getting hold of my crossbow for me, could you please put it on the floor here?" Raulzig takes a deep breath and readies a gnome Prestidigitation ability. When Sam produces the crossbow, Raulzig casts the cantrip to clean it of the spider goo and chitinous leftovers before picking it up again.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain Stretches his newly repaired muscles.
Now THAT feels better! I'm ready for blood again. Thankyou, little pathfinder.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Garavel is refreshed by the wands healing but it does little to cure his poison he speaks in a slightly less arduous and croaky voice. "Thank you I am much better now." He stands straight now and does not wince in pain with every step. "If someone would give me a hand I wish to see this body removed from this pool." Garavel puts his leg into the water and only manages to go in a few feet before he quickly retracts his leg. "On second thought it is not worth freezing over though I do wish to examine that tubes contents even if they have long since worn." He turns to face Zig and Sam. "Would any of your magics perhaps aid us in this." Says Garavel having no knowledge of any form of magic.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

After the prolonged silence, Calain offers, Maybe I can wade in a bit and drag it here with my polearm? How cold was it?
He tests the water with his finger.


male Elf Witch 4

"While I do have magics that would be of use, they would require me to clear my mind and refocus, and I don't believe we really have time for that." Samuel ponders the situation quietly.

Did any of my knowledge rolls from earlier tell Samuel anything that might be of use?


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok steps up to lend a hand with the body. "I will help you if nobody has the magic to do so.", but not before making a perception check.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Calain steps into the shallowest part of the pool grimacing at the freezing water and drags the ill fated priests corpse up to the top of the pool, Garavel and H'vok then lift it out successfully and place it on the ground shaking off the cold. The mans skeletal hand still has firm hold on the ivory tube. Garavel after shaking off the cold walks over to the corpse. "Let's see if it was worth it." he says as he removes the tube from the skeletons strong hold. After closer inspection you can tell that the tube is actually a case usually used for messengers when delivering important messages, it looks very similar to the one kept safe by Raulzig only much smaller and with more color to it. After toying with the tube for a few minutes Garavel finally finds how to open it and does so dumping the contents into his hands, water as well as a now drenched message is all that comes out he opens it up and reads. "Can't read this written in elven by the looks of it bit smudged to." Garavel extends the note out to any who can read it.

Elven translation:
Morning Lord Azranthus,
I bring ill tidings from the Church of Dion. It seems the rumours of subversion are true. High priest Golmek and his brethren are desecrating the graves of the faithful and have even begun to feast on their earthly remains. Yester eve I followed them into the catacombs ajoined to our cellars and found them praying to a diabolical effigy of some hideous creature.

I implore you Lord to send martial aid to stop these miscreants before it is too late. I do not believe that they know of my discoveries yet and I shall remain to keep a close watch on them.

May the dawn come swiftly,

Mezzandien
Abbot of the Church of Dion.


male Elf Witch 4

Samuel frowns as he reads the note, "Looks like someone tried to send out a warning a bit too late."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Stamping around to shake the cold off, Calain wonders, Does it even matter now, that body could have ehben here awhile


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"A warning, you say? Of what? Intended for the worshipers here? Sent by whom?" There is a hint of urgency in Pashaj's voice, but his face is serene. "The aid we would give this temple is a matter less and less simple, but the knotted rope is easier to grasp than the smooth one. Let us be aware of every clue."


male Elf Witch 4

"Apparently some cult infiltrated the church, and the abbot was trying to send for martial help to get them out. We appear to have arrived a bit late to fully aid in that task, but perhaps the miscreants are still around here somewhere, so we better be careful."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj nods at Samuel, then turns his attention to the skeleton. "We should not grieve this one, as he was released from this world while fulfilling a duty. That we now have received the message he bore gives us a duty, in turn. Let us continue to investigate."


Raulzig looks around to see if there are any other exits from the room.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

There appear to be no other exits or doors in this room, the room is completely empty save for the few barrels against the south wall and it does not look likely that any door are hidden among them which brings you back to the first room were two passage with no doors go to the south and to the west. You all relight your torches (As all the other rooms are quite dark) when you enter back into the first room Garavel looks to both passages "If this cult is still around than we should be extra cautious, but what I find strange is that man, the messenger he has no doubt been dead for many months but yet according to Karina her brother sent message to her only a few weeks ago from this very church." Garavels face looks grim as he ponders possibility. "Perhaps there is deceit in her words or perhaps her brothers, nevertheless I shan't stall us any longer with my words we have two passages and either could lead is to the one behind this...or to our deaths." Garavels says he looks to the party to see which way they think should be taken.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

When in doubt, go left Calain just laughs at his own joke, not bothering to explain...


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"Yes." Pashaj seems to agree with Calain. "Step where the fruit first falls from the branches." The Vudrani walks towards the south door.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok hopes that Pashaj's deity is guiding him onto the correct path. He has never been so worried without knowing why he is so worried except for now.


"Since we've gone this far, I suppose we are going to find the truth out the hard way", said Raulzig, shaking uncomfortably. He approached the south door together with Pashaj and examined it before opening.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

The southern hall is noticeably wider allowing you to walk two abreast it lead on a good 30 ft before leading to an old stone door, the floor is noticeably damp all around the door. The door seems safe but noticeably has no handle, it appears to be quite heavy.

Strength DC 14 to push open.

Church of the Poisoned mind MAP


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj carefully lowers himself to the floor and holds his nose near the damp floor, trying to get a whiff of whatever liquid rests upon the stone.

Stealth - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Well?


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"I can discern little." Pashaj replies quietly, lifting himself gracefully to his feet. "Perhaps we should simple open it."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calian attempts to force the door.
Str Check1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Gods, that's stuckfast. Screw this. Someone lend a hand


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"I will give you an assist"

aid another strength check" 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

edit:just barely made it. You can try again with a +2.


male Elf Witch 4

Samuel keeps his crossbow ready, as he has up to this point.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

With H'vk lending a shoulder, Calain tries again
Str Check1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 +2 from aid another.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

With Hvoks added strength Calain manages to push the large door open. This large, square chamber appears to be a dead end. Its domed ceiling arches up to 25 feet high in the centre and its walls are covered in frescoes of people in various states of revel. A 10 feet square section of wooden planking is leaning against the south wall. The room is damp like the floor outside and yo can occasionally hear the dim of water falling from the ceiling above, the dirt/mud floor has no visible signs of recent use the room is lit with torches three on each wall all evenly spaced.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"I suspect that something within is not as it seems." Pashaj surveys the room carefully.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"I agree Pashaj. Something is not right here."
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


"Looks like an abandoned place of worship, but why would it be so deep underground?", Raulzig ponders. He concentrates to check if there is any sign of supernatural presence.
Detect Magic
He also inspects the frescoes, trying to recognize what religion or rite they represent.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Having finished forcing the door, Calain draws his Naodachi again.

Did we lose Urdan?


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Water continues to slowly trickle down from the arched ceiling above the room is quite quiet almost unnaturally so and the frescoes on the wall give you a strange feeling.

Raulzig:
You carefully examine the frescoes but cannot discern what religion they represent or if they even represent one at all, you can tell however that they do not appear to be of Irori nature, after careful examination of them however you notice a push switch hidden amongst the fresco on the eastern wall. No magic can be sensed in the room other than the scroll case you carry.

Pashaj:
The frescoes do not represent your god nor any deity or rite you have ever heard of or seen before, perhaps a forgotten religion of days of old, you think but whatever they may represent is beyond you.

Perception DC15:
The wall above the wooden planking on the southern wall appears to be unstable and is noticeably slightly less damp and dirty as the rest of the room.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok points toward the southern wall. "This wall is less damp, and not as secure it seems. This may be a way out."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"With every step we take, it comes as less and less of a surprise that the Church of Dion is not actually a house of Irori." Pashaj's normally calm voice begins to waver. "It is likely a rumor spread to keep visitors away, as Irorans seldom open their doors to outsiders. Perhaps it disguises some dark purpose, but like so many other things in this world, it is a lie."

The Vudrani pauses, breathing deeply, and says nothing more on the subject. He steps quietly to H'vok's side and turns his attention to the wall that the hobgoblin has indicated.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calian, now taking an interest in the room, keeps his blade ready but moves over to closely inspect the wooden boards. Are they trapped or concealing a tunnel perhaps?

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Where the hells is everybody? All this looking is annoying. And if this is not a Temple of Irori, then why are we still bloody here? Obviously the woman must have been lying.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"You make a strong point Pashaj but why would that kind lady lie to use, send us to this abandoned church of gods know what. It is all to strange for me makes my nose twitch, but even if there was deceit in her words there is no doubt something going on here and that is reason enough to keep me going."

Calain inspects the board on the southern wall, they appear to just be leaning against the wall and perhaps covering something so you take them down and lie them gently on the ground, the wood planks are very damp and almost break at touch. Behind the platform on the south wall are 4 holes in the wall. Two are parallel to each other , 10 feet apart and 3 feet from the floor. The other two are 3 feet higher up and directly above the first two. These square holes are 6 inches wide and 6 inches deep, at first glance you can see nothing hidden within any of the holes though one still has wooden splinters in it.


"There is some kind of a switch here" Raulzig announces, standing by the eastern wall. A puzzle begins to form in his mind, and he likes puzzles much more than gnoll warbands or giant spiders. Despite the gloomy surroundings, he begins to cheer up a little.
"Can I press it? It may open a way out."


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

"The hand of charity must be outstretched from one's own window."

Pashaj replies with a verse. His eyes remain fixed on the wall for a moment, but he looks to Calain before continuing. "I do not deny our cause here, I merely do not think this place to be a center of the faith and practice that I follow. If the fact that it was said to be so affected my wish to offer aid, then I have erred, for there are many in need that are not Irorans." With that, Pashaj releases a word of prayer and presses his hand into Calain's armor, as he has been doing every few minutes. Pashaj is refreshing Light on Calain.

His grip tightens around his spear and he shifts his position to stand beside Raulzig. "I am prepared."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Do it


"Here goes nothing!"
Raulzig presses the switch and watches the southern wall with his crossbow pointed, expecting it to shift and reveal something.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Raulzig pushes in the switch with ease and you here the sound of stone scraping against stone as a ten foot square section of the south wall about 10 feet from the ground opens, the fake stone wall slides inwards to reveal a tunnel 10 feet from the ground. The tunnel appears dark so you cannot make out if there is anything within. "Rather strange place to put a secret door, well anyone wanna give me a boost up." Garavel says.

Climbing up without aid is impossible as there are no places to grip and none of you are 10 feet tall. With aid (Either from above or below.) requires a DC 10 climb check to not fall back down.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Taking 10 on Acrobatics for a total of 16, Pashaj can get 4 feet off the floor with a high jump (so with arms outstretched, over 10 feet in height). Would it be possible for him to get a handhold on the bottom of the tunnel door and pull himself up? If so, what additional checks would I need to roll?


Can't we construct a ramp from all the planks? Raulzig ponders. But it is indeed strange, as if this passage was never meant to be entered... I can try to jump in there from Calain's shoulders and check it out.
Raulzig's got +8 to Acrobatics if he uses his Luck ability


male Elf Witch 4

"If someone can climb up there, I have some rope they can take up with them to help everyone else."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Easy, me an Urdaan stand either side of whoever goes up and lift from thier heels. You handwalk up the wall


"That's very resourceful of you, Samuel. Sounds like a great plan."
Raulzig grabs the rope and with the help of Calain and Urdaan jumps up the passage, then assesses the surroundings.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
He tries to find something to tie the rope to. If there isn't anything, he will cry out that he needs Pashaj's help up there and put his Wayfinder on the ground to light up the passage for him.


Male Elf Ranger 1

Urdaan mentally measures the height of the ledge, then nods agreeably. "That does seem simple enough." Hooking his axe to his belt, and takes position next to Calain.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj follows after Raulzig, accepting the leg up from Calain and Urdaan and jumping up to join his gnomish companion.

Taking 10 on Acrobatics for a total of 16.

"If you do not mind, Calain, I must momentarily borrow the light that now clings to your armor."

Pashaj casts Light on his holy symbol, illuminating everything in a 20-foot radius. The spell fades from Calain now that Pashaj has recast it elsewhere.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Raulzig and Pashaj pull themselves up to the ledge with ease with Urdaan and Calains added support and peer around the hall before them. The walls here are particularly damp and covered in moss the stone work is poor unlike the rest of the premises the stone walls are jagged and caked with moss as if this area his been long forgotten, you hear the din of water hitting the stone floor every so often but do not notice anything out of the ordinary, when you shine some light on the situation you see 30 feet away a larger hall. There appears to be nothing to tie the rope to so Strength will be required to pull up the others, but before you can even consider your next course of action you hear the sound of metal grinding on metal as a secret stone door slides open and two ghouls exit from the secret passage, each wears a red robe and some strange kind of necklace witch almost resembles a holy symbol last you checked the undead were not the religious types. The first ghoul growls as it jumps out at Pashaj with it's arms high and mouth agape it's sharp teeth dig into Pashajs right arm drawing blood and causing his right arm to fall limp and immobile. The second of the Ghouls follows behind pouncing on Raulzig who somehow manages toduck away from the blow despite being on the ledge.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Fort to negate paralysis:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Fort to resist disease:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 ⇒ 5

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

House rules on Paralysis:
Ghoul and Ghast Paralysis: Instead of having ghouls and ghasts paralyze characters completely if the save is failed, roll 1d8 to select one of the optional results below:

1-2 Left Arm Paralyzed: Any item used in this hand is now unusable (such as weapons, shields, or magic items that must be physically activated).

3-4 Legs Paralyzed: Lose AC bonus from Dexterity, unable to tumble, Movement reduced to 1/3, must make a Dexterity check every round to stay on feet.

5-6 Right Arm Paralyzed: Any item used in this hand is now unusable (such as weapons, shields, or magic items that must be physically activated).

7-8 Entire Body Paralyzed: Victim totally paralyzed, unable to take any action until duration expires, falls to floor (no damage unless falling to the floor places the character in a dangerous situation, i.e. If paralyzed while standing on a ledge).

Init:
Raulzig1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Calain1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Urdaan1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Pashaj1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Samuel1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Hvok1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Crucible1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Garavel1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Ghouls1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Init:
Raulzig 24<---
Hvok 21
Ghouls 20
Crucible 19
Garavel 18
Samuel 11
Calain 10
Urdaan 5
Pashaj 5

Church of the Poisoned mind map

551 to 600 of 3,003 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.