Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Legacy of Fire

Game Master Megan Robertson


501 to 550 of 2,791 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Is there a map for this?


Raulzig continues to swing the burning torch in wide arcs around him, opening his eyes only to ensure that no one is on fire yet. Embers fly to the floor, making small holes in the squirming, living vermin carpet.
spending another round of Archaeologist's Luck
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Clearing the space in front of him with fire, Raulzig moves adjacent to H'vok and lights H'vok's torch off his.


Yes, there was a map posted by Wareagle as he started the combat.
Link


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj will 5-foot step to J10 and make a spear attack against the scorpion, all while maintaining his performance.

Attack (Longspear) - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
If it hits, it deals 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 points of damage.


H'vok is going to be mad at you :(
I think it was his animal companion, and our only enemy is the spider swarm.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

whoa whoa whoa. I don't have not taught him the trick to back off. You might want to retract that action.

edit:He only has the attack trick for now.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Did I ever get my torch lit?


I spent my last move action to light your torch, unless DM decides that something interfered with it (I rolled a natural 1 to attack the swarm), it should be lit.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Raulzig lights fire to more of the spiders at his feat and the swarm is ever smaller than before after repelling or burning all spiders at his feet he moves to light H'voks torch.

Do not even bother rolling hit against spiders not like all one thousand just jump out of the way of a flaming torch at the last second anyway torch does 1d3 fire no bonus for your infos.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Oh, I was confused since it was separate in the initiative order and we're already fighting arachnids. I feel dumb. Pashaj would definitely consider it an ally.

Instead, Pashaj will maintain his performance and use Touch of Law on Calain.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

That was funny even though I could not tell if it was a mistake or not. OOC I was going to pull for you.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Samuel has a clear view of the swarm surrounding Garavel he thinks fast and whips the acid flask he held is his hand as far as he can. The loud shriek and cries of the spiders is satisfying to says it hit.

1d6 ⇒ 2

Calain brandishes his makeshift torch on the end of his sword and swings at the spiders in front of him.

1d3 ⇒ 2

Pashaj maintains his performance and uses the power of Law on Calain infusing him with the power of Irori.

Init order:

Ziggy
Sam
Calain
Pashaj
Scorpion
Hvok<--
Garavel
Spider swarms
Urdaan


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

I was gonna get a light off somebody. Sorry for the delay. Iwas waiting for Sam to post. I stick with init order in combat...


male Elf Witch 2

I'm sorry for not posting, I was watching the arrow, and it hadn't moved. But yes, that is precisely what my action would have been.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

I attack the swarm with my torch.


Wareeagle you can make the attack roll. I think I am at a -2 if the torch is being used as an improvised weapon.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Hvoks troch swings out burning up most of the remaining spiders the rest scatter and climb back up the walls into small crevices.

Garavel also brings his torch to bear taking out the second of the spider swarms.

With the immediate threat defeated Garavel lowers his "weapon" and turns to to speak. "At this rate we shan't be leaving here alive...perhaps it is best if we leave all this out of our hands...no we came here for a reason and I cannot back down yet we have us a boy to find lets get going." He says mostly to himself before making back for the group. "We got three paths here any one of em could lead to Samil or well let's not think of it that way. I'm putting my money on the left."

200xps each.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Any damn path is fine by me. Lets just get this done.

Calaing puts on a positive facade but it's clear he is in bad shape. His wounds are very deep and he moves with discomfort.

Ummm, Urdan, I just realised you see better in dim light don't you. Perhaps y'd wish to take point for a bit, just till I get me breath back?


Raulzig watches in disgust at the mess of charred legs, transfixed. With a visible effort he pulls his gaze away and concentrates on Garavel's words.
"Yes, let's go left. Or right. Just... let's leave this place. I can see in the dark, I can scout ahead if needed. Could, um, someone please pick up my crossbow?" Pleading undertones can be heard in his voice.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel will grab Raulzig's crossbow and stow it away before reloading his own, and covering who ever takes point.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain makes his way to the rearguard position. Pulling the cloth from his Naodachi and grabbing a torch of the wall, extinguishing it and putting it in his pack.

Only 3 hp left, 5 rage rounds.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

It's times like these I wish I had my Channel Energy. I get it at 3rd level! Yeah...

Pashaj's normally graceful movement is clearly hampered by the poison in his veins. "It is when our bodies are at their weakest that our souls are at their strongest. Breathe deep, and remain strong." The priest is a half-step behind Garavel as he approaches the way to the left.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

"Let us be off than. To the left it is." Garavel heads to the front of the group and you all make for the west passage. A short yet extremely narrow passage leads forward 10 feet to a large sturdy oaken door you can feel a slight draft coming from the few small gaps on the door it is chilling and carries with it a faint moaning noise.

If none wish to take precautions Garavel will open the door.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

H'vok eyes the door that Garavel is about to open.
perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Still nursing his wounds, Calain complains quietly, If we're gonna die today let's get on with it"


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel stands ready with crossbow loaded.


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

The door looks quite safe Garavel opens it and a gust of heavy wind immediately pours out almost knocking you over and blowing out all lit torches. Strangely enough this room is well lit in comparison to the rest of this fell place. A fast flowing stream 3 to 5 feet deep enters this rough hewn chamber at the north from a passage that it fills entirely, and exits to the south in the same manner. Toward the south, it forms a pool some 4 feet deep at its edge and about 7 feet deep at the centre. The pool is home to a group of blind, white fish, and you can see a few blind, white crayfish crawling among the rocks on the bottom. You notice something at the bottom of the pool but you cannot make it out from this far away. Eight rotting barrels and a few scattered buckets lie at the south east corner. Apart from the stream the room seems almost bare no torches no nothing the light is mysterious.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

What the hell? Calai puts his Naodachi away and draws his Lucerine Hammer to lean on.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Pashaj renews his spell Light on Calain's armor.

Pashaj lowers himself over the pool and peers through the water at the object on the bottom.

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Raulzig follows Pashaj's example. He also tries to determine where the light is coming from.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Detect Magic


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

What's in there?


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Looking into the depths of the pool you can barely make out a skeletal corpse at the bottom one hand reaches up for the top of the pool and the other holds a ivory tube. Fish swim and crayfish of many kinds now use this old corpse as their home. the bones look clean and if the suspect had only died moments before but the lack of flesh hair and belongings says otherwise. The water is clean and fresh and seems to preserve the corpse for reasons unowned.

perception DC 20:
You notice a small wand beneath the corpse it is hidden among some off the rocks and is safely edged in place.

Raulzig:
Oddly enough you sense no magic presence within the room save for your case and some means of divine wand you spotted among the rocks of the pool. The light is still all but a mystery.


male Elf Witch 2

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Knowledge (engineering) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Knowledge (history) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Samuel looks around the room, wracking his brain for any information on anything like this that may seem relevant.


"The light is not magical in nature. I've read about some types of underground mushrooms or even vermin so tiny they can't be seen even through a looking glass, which glow in the dark, like glowworms.

Look - there is a wand beneath the corpse, and I sense divine magic in it. Perhaps it could provide the healing we need so deeply. But how can we retrieve it?"

Raulzig tries to retrieve the wand via Mage Hand, if he fails, he repeats the same with the ivory tube held by the skeleton.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Perception check:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

I can use my Lucerine.Hammer drag the stuff to the side.


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Perception - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"I see the wand you speak of." Pashaj pushes himself up and into a sitting pose. He takes a deep breath and is silent a moment before continuing. "This resting place is not from any Iroran custom that I know of. I cannot guess as to what has happened here."


ALL OF THEM!!! Goblin 20 Grandmaster DM/10 Charismatic Salesman/10 College Professer/4 Average Lad/6 King

Raulzig manages ro free the wand from the rocks that held it via mage hand and lifts it up to his grasp. To touch it is freezing most likely from the water's temperature. He trys to do the same with the ivory tube but cannot as if the skeletal hand still has a firm grip on it.

Spellcraft DC16:
The wand is indeed a divine wand one of minor power at that and already used. Wand of Cure light Caster level 2 with 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Charges remaining


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

spellcraft:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Take 10 on Spellcraft gives 16 for Raulzig
Raulzig studies the wand for a while before handing it over to Pashaj.
"Yep, looks like a standard-issue healing wand to me. The professors of the medical faculty in Absalom university use wands such as this one to correct their students' mistakes. But looks like it's seen its share of uses, and wasn't ultimately a big help to its last owner. I hope it will serve us better."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain, covered in his own blood and some of the gore from the spider agrees. I'd serve me better right now if you wouldn't mind. I haven't been this badly wounded since the day I earned my Nodachi.


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Weren't some of you guys pretty beat up?


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

Is it a Wand of Cure Light Wounds, or can we tell that much about it?


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

Raulzig just identified it, and told us what it was in character.


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

Calain is at 3hp and barely standing...unfortunatley while Barbs have mpre attack power than any other class they take it to the face more as well.


male Elf Witch 2

Samuel didn't get hit yet today, so he's still good.


Raulzig touches Calain with the wand and his wounds stop bleeding.
CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
"Anyone else hurt? We should heal while we can."


M Hobgoblin Druid 1

"Yeah I still have some injuries"


H'vok gets a charge of positive energy from the wand too:
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human (Vudrani) Cleric (Evangelist) 1

I figured that was what it probably was, but while Pashaj would understand that it was a wand with healing capabilities, out-of-character, I wanted to be sure exactly what it was before activating it.

"I am wounded as well, though Calain's wounds are dire enough that perhaps a second use of the wand would we wise, provided it has energy enough."


Male Half-Orc Wild Rager 2/Witch Hunter Inquisitor1 HP: 42/42 48/48 raging AC18/12/16-2 for Rage , F9/R4/W6+2 Fort/Will while raging Perception: +7, Init:+2

I won't refuse. I feel better than before but am far from fully healed. Might be a good idea since I'm pretty sure I'll be doing most of the bleeding. I'll leave the dying to my enemies.Ha,Ha! Give some to Garavel. Can't have the boss dying either, HA!

501 to 550 of 2,791 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wareagles Legacy of fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.