Legacy of Fire

Game Master dinketry

The sands of the desert are unforgiving, and those who show weakness rarely survive.

Kelmarane Regional Map

Ruins


951 to 1,000 of 1,781 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Oracle of Vildeis 2 | HP: 20/20, Non-Lethal: 1 | AC 12 (T 10, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 9 | F:2* R:+0* W:+4* | Init +0 | Perc +4, SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/5 | Channel Energy: 1/5, Empyreal Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions : Fatigued (-2 penalty Str/Dex)

"I'll be right back, Korum," Layaali remarks calmly, before leaving his side. She heads over to the papers she looked at yesterday, placing them nicely in her bag. Then she rejoins the others on their way to the door with her loaded crossbow in her hands.


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

Uzma makes his way to the door and puts his ear to it, listening for any dangers while he waits for the others to follow...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Half-Orc Wizard 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 11 | hp 6/8 | F +5 (+9 v. hot/cold) R +3 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Knowledge (Arcana, Nature, History), Spellcraft, Craft(Tattoo), UMD +8, Perc +7 | SA: Storm Burst 2/2
Spells:
0-Acid splash, detect magic, mending; 1 - color spray, obscuring mist

Korum squints at the staff as he begins to examine it, shielding his eyes and turning away after a moment. "This is a powerful staff, to be certain. It has some magical properties as a weapon, though this seems far from its most powerful use. It can also be used to bolster the prowess of one's allies - I have heard of warriors brining minstrels and orators with them, to similar effect. I can carry it, though it may be better suited to Uzma, as he uses staves."

It's a +1 Quarterstaff, and also gives the ability to use Inspire Courage, like a bard. I can use it so I can inspire, since I don't often have useful things to do, or Uzma can take it since he's already using a quarterstaff. I'm flexible.

With Layaali's return, Korum shoulders his pack, following after the rest of the group. "I pray that whatever else we encounter in this wretched place is kind to us. We could use some good luck."


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

When Korum suggests keeping the staff, Uzma literally snatches it out of his hands.

"Thank you," he says to Korum, realizing his rudeness and attempting an awkward if friendly smile.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

"Heh, who needs luck when you have me?" Razif asks, as he tries twirl an arrow in his fingers. He fails, the arrow falls to the ground, and he stands, awkwardly silent for a bit.

"... Good idea listening in on the door, Uzma, allow me to join you," he says, visibly embarrassed.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

And not even a successful roll to save himself with.


Female Aasimar Oracle of Vildeis 2 | HP: 20/20, Non-Lethal: 1 | AC 12 (T 10, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 9 | F:2* R:+0* W:+4* | Init +0 | Perc +4, SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/5 | Channel Energy: 1/5, Empyreal Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions : Fatigued (-2 penalty Str/Dex)

Layaali smiles gently at Razif's antics.

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Uzma hears absolutely nothing through the door. Strangely enough, Razif hears absolutely nothing, too.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

"Okay, I'm gonna open the door."

True to his word, Razif tries to quietly open the door and peers inside.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

An eerie silence pervades the ten-foot-wide rough-hewn passage onto which the heavy wooden door opens. The remains littering the floor tell the tale of a life-or-death struggle that took place in these halls. Largely skeletal remains, some wearing faded orange robes, lie scattered on the floor where they fell.

The passage stretches to the north past the circle of light shed by Uzma and Layaali. Approximately twenty feet away, a ten foot hallway criss-crosses the hallway. All is silent.


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

Carefully, Uzma steps into the passage and peeks around the corner into the hallway...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

Razif follows him, keeping an eye out on the other corner to make sure the druid doesn't get attacked in the back.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

As this part of the adventure is quite literally a dungeon crawl, I will rely upon you all to move your own icons on the map. I will not be doing so. You may ask your fellow players to move your icons, but not me. As per that ruling, Razif is still standing outside the door, perceiving the door.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

I knew I forgot something after making that post! Apologies!


M Suli Bloodrager/2 (HP 18/21 | AC:19 | T:11 | FF:18 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+1 | Will:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed 25)

Shield at the ready, Drael follows Razif and Uzma down the passageway, keeping an eye out for any goo or other potential foes.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

No worries! I just wanted to be absolutely clear about this part of the adventure. *evil laugh*

Uzma peers around the corner to the northeast. Shallow niches carved into the walls seem to have once been a cool subterranean funerary network for the scores of followers of Sarenrae entombed here. Many of these skeletal remains have been roughly tossed from their resting places, and countless bones and skulls cover the floor.

Drael, you move up behind Uzma and Razif, your keen eyes spotting many more corpses, both completely-skeletal as well as desiccated and shrunken, in the passageway leading north.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

Razif cites a short prayer out of respect for his fellow followers of Sarenrae who have passed away.

"Worry not, my friends. Soon your resting place will be tainted no longer."

He then looks around.

"So, which way will we go? I'm particular to straight ahead, but don't let the new guy tell you what to do," he says with a sly grin. From up close, it's clear he's lost a tooth or two in his travels.


Female Aasimar Oracle of Vildeis 2 | HP: 20/20, Non-Lethal: 1 | AC 12 (T 10, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 9 | F:2* R:+0* W:+4* | Init +0 | Perc +4, SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/5 | Channel Energy: 1/5, Empyreal Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions : Fatigued (-2 penalty Str/Dex)

Layaali smiles. "I leave that decision to those who see with eyes unclouded."

As far as I'm concerned, either one of the two in front can just pick our direction for this part. You're in front, I'll follow.


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

Uzma nods and moves forward...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

Razif follows him and matches his pace, bow trained for anything that might jump out at them.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Uzma and Razif move off far to the north, their light trailing off into shadows. Layaali’s halo illuminated the others, but darkness separates the two groups.

I forgot about her halo. Uzma had cast light from his quarterstaff upon re-entering the laboratory. I thought that Layaali had cast light on your bow...nope, that was the first time you guys went into the laboratory. My mistake.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

They won't be in darkness, as Layaali has her halo! ... In fact, if anything, Uzma and I will be the ones in darkness because I think she's the only lightsource we're using at the moment. Layaali stated she'd follow, though, but I wasn't going to move her pawn without permission.

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Edited my above post.


Female Aasimar Oracle of Vildeis 2 | HP: 20/20, Non-Lethal: 1 | AC 12 (T 10, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 9 | F:2* R:+0* W:+4* | Init +0 | Perc +4, SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/5 | Channel Energy: 1/5, Empyreal Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions : Fatigued (-2 penalty Str/Dex)

Layaali follows Razif and Uzma down the hall, lagging behind a bit so that Drael and Korum have a chance to catch up.

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Drael and Korum don't seem to be following.

Suddenly, you hear the half-orc's hacking cough. "We're coming," the suli reassures Layaali as Korum and Drael come into her light halo.

GM roll: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Heal DC 16 (Layaali only):
You see a darkening of the skin across Korum's right cheek, down his chin, and onto the front half of his neck. Small furry light green patches of fungus seem to be growing along those areas, the blood vessels appearing dark and boggy in contrast to the obvious diseased tissue.

Up ahead, Razif and Uzma consider where they'd like to go at a second crossroads. The passage appears to narrow to an end to the north, but the shadows make it difficult to see much detail. Skeletal remains lie scattered across the ground in patches of this main corridor, but nothing of interest catches your eye.


M Suli Bloodrager/2 (HP 18/21 | AC:19 | T:11 | FF:18 | CMB:5 | CMD:16 | Fort:+5 | Ref:+1 | Will:+0 | Init:+3 | Perc:+5 | Speed 25)

Apologies, I was gone all day and am just now online.
Drael follows the others, glancing with concern at Korum. As he reaches the crossroads, he stares down both passageways as far as Layaali's light allows him to see.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

Razif crosses the road slowly and silently, checking for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Once he reaches the other side, he waits for the others.

In case he runs into a trap, he tries to disable it.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Razif finds no traps in his vicinity.

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

The group slowly make their way through the catacombs of the undercrypt by the light of their divine spellcasters. No noise meets your ears save for the occasional wet cough from Korum.

GM roll: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Female Aasimar Oracle of Vildeis 2 | HP: 20/20, Non-Lethal: 1 | AC 12 (T 10, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 9 | F:2* R:+0* W:+4* | Init +0 | Perc +4, SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/5 | Channel Energy: 1/5, Empyreal Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions : Fatigued (-2 penalty Str/Dex)

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Layaali looks at Korum with worry as she follows Razif down the quiet hall.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

Razif carefully steps further.


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

To be safe, Uzma keeps an eye on the corridor...

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Uzma turns left at the second intersection, heading slightly down the eastern passage. With Layaali's light, you can see that the walls contain the bodies of scores—if not hundreds—of honored worshipers of Sarenrae in shallow niches carved into the walls of this passage. Many of these skeletal remains have been roughly tossed from their niches, and a number of ancient bones and skulls line the floor, mixed in occasionally with the still-intact but largely skeletal remains of fallen combatants.


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

Are those steps at the end of the tunnel?

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

You don't know; you'd have to go and take a look.


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

Carrying with him the flame of Gozreh and the light of Saint-Vardishal, Uzma makes his way to the side of Razif...


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

Razif nods to Uzma and slowly continues, making sure that when something were to head for Uzma, it would have to go through him first.

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Uzma and Razif can see a set of rough-cut smaller stairs leading up to what appears to be a featureless wall at the end of the corridor.


Half-Orc Wizard 1 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMD 11 | hp 6/8 | F +5 (+9 v. hot/cold) R +3 W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | Knowledge (Arcana, Nature, History), Spellcraft, Craft(Tattoo), UMD +8, Perc +7 | SA: Storm Burst 2/2
Spells:
0-Acid splash, detect magic, mending; 1 - color spray, obscuring mist

Korum wipes the saliva from his lip, suppressing another hacking cough and approaching Uzma, his Orcish eyes piercing the darkness easily. He whispers, a throaty, hoarse sound after the day's sickness. "Friend Uzma...what do you see?"

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Layaali:
A light goes off in your head as you realise that the wizard’s symptoms fit the disease known as fungal rot. You think you might be able to treat him for the malady when you go to rest this evening.

Korum sees the stairs ahead leading suspiciously up to a stone wall.


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

Uzma moves up the steps to the suspicious stone wall and inspects it carefully...

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

The narrow stone steps allow only one person to squeeze up to the wall. As Uzma takes a closer look with his staff-light, he clearly sees the presence of stone hinges and an activating lever. Depressing the lever, the wall rotates outward, and a further passage with a switchback stair leading further upward is revealed.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

"Guys, we found a staircase going up. Let's group up and keep going."

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

The staircase curves around to the west and then back to the south, ascending steeply and narrowly. At the top of the hairpin turn, Uzma finds another featureless wall, but with his senses already primed for a secret passage, he searches thoroughly.

Uzma, you get a +4 to this Perception check.


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Thank goodness for that +4!

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Uzma doesn’t seem to be able to find the latch on this section of wall.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

Razif joins Uzma.
"Any luck over here?"


Desert Druid 2 | HP: 19/6 | AC 12 (ff 10) CMD 11 | F+4 R+2 W+6 | Initiative +0 | Perception +9 | Heat Shimmer 6/0

"I can't see anything," Uzma admits while stepping away from the wall in order to allow Razif to have a look, "but assuredly there is a way to open the passage..."


Female Aasimar Oracle of Vildeis 2 | HP: 20/20, Non-Lethal: 1 | AC 12 (T 10, FF 12) | CMB: -1 CMD: 9 | F:2* R:+0* W:+4* | Init +0 | Perc +4, SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/5 | Channel Energy: 1/5, Empyreal Focus 1/1 | Active Conditions : Fatigued (-2 penalty Str/Dex)

Layalli pats Korum on the back. "I think I've come up with a treatment for you. I'll apply it to you tonight, if you're willing to accept my help."

After speaking with Korum, Layaali follows Razif and Uzma down the hall, and into the secret passages. She's sure to wait for Korum and Drael, to ensure they don't get left behind.

When she catches up with Razif and Uzma, Layaali helps them look for the exit.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"I'm sorry," she replies, shaking her head. "But I cannot see a way out."

Layaali backs up out of the way to give Razif, Drael and Korum a chance to test their vision.


Male NG Keleshite Ranger (Flamewarden) 2 | HP: 16/19 | AC: 15 (normally 16)(12 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +2, CMD: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +1; | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigued | Ammo: 30 arrows

"Well, they say third time's the charm, let's see here."

He starts tapping different parts of the wall, sliding his hands around to look for a lever, a way to spin the wall, anything at all.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

"Wait a second... I think I got something..." he says with a grin.

Grand Lodge

The Acreon | Ruins

Cool! 1000th post!

Sure enough, Razif's hands find a hidden latch near the lower part of the wall. Pulling on it rotates the wall on heavy and hidden stone hinges, bringing the ranger into a quiet room he's never seen before. The door seems to be built into the backside of a statue of a human male holding both of his arms up in supplication. As for the rest of the room, Razif can make out via the late morning light streaming in from outside the following:

The brightly painted walls of this small chapel, probably meant for personal prayer and reflection, stand out as unusually garish for the otherwise reserved architecture notable elsewhere in the monastery. On the walls, numerous rectangular wooden plates traced in gold filigree depict a strapping warrior battling creatures of fire, riding a chariot on the wind, and engaging in other acts of noble heroism. It is the same figure depicted elsewhere in the monastery, but the sheer number of images here suggest that this shrine was especially important to the clerics who honored him as a saint of Sarenrae. Perhaps a quarter of the gold plates have been pried away or hacked apart by long-absent vandals.

Notice where Razif is on the main map.

951 to 1,000 of 1,781 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.