Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Left in Sandpoint (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth


351 to 400 of 2,383 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Sunset frowns at the response of the focus of the group's attention.

"Um...no. This isn't a road. This isn't a toll gate. It's a cave entrance. We're following up on folks who're responsible for some nasty things. You want to paint yourself with the same brush as them? Then yeah, we now have an issue of contention." She steps slightly away. Though, if anything, seems more to relax than grow tenser given her words.

Yah, now am getting ready for things to go pear-shaped/South. :)

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"I've always been with them, my guilt is undeniable"


Male Elf Cavalier 1 (Order of the Dragon)

...and your repentance?

I turn to my new companions: He's buying time for them.


Sunset nods at Voronwe's words,

"And now we come to the time to -not- be nice." And she draws the small weapon from its pouch upon her hip, raising her arm to point at the object of the parties ire.

No fast draw, so pretty obvious she's bringing the gun up and threateningly pointing it at Mr Road-block. She is still 30' -ish feet away from him, not sure how close every one else is.


Male Elf Cavalier 1 (Order of the Dragon)

I'll have come up within charge range, armed and ready. I don't think he's going to be surprised if things get ugly.

How much space is there around our foe? How large is the cave entrance? How deep is he within? What can we see?


From 10' back another attack from Hiro
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The entrance is 10ft wide, were he stands, there is a larger space inside were the small camp was set up, there is an exist tunnel

Hiro's attack hits but doesn't seem to do as much damage as it should have.

Can we have rolls for initiative?


*Bows*

Initiative:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


INIT 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
"Yield"


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +8 R +3 W +4 CMD 17 Init +1

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Elf Cavalier 1 (Order of the Dragon)

initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Right so initive order is as follows:
Sunset
Masked creature
Hiro
Durgen
Voronwe
so Sunset, your turn


"K-BLAM!"

Att Roll:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 (Normal ranged attack at the moment)

Dam Roll:1d4 ⇒ 1

As her gun resounds loudly in the clearing, possibly echoing into the cave before the group.

Well...I at least hit the guy this time...(-_-)

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The creature doesn't seem affected by Sunset's attack at all. It leaps back 5ft. It throws a dagger it had hidden in its sleeve at Hiro.
To Hit
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
To Wound
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If hits, Hiro you'll need to pass a fort save

and then its your turn


Grumbles "Got'a get me a bigger gun!"

Last actions this round, holstering gun, drawing sword.


Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Swift action power up the sword.

Close to 5' and whack him again and circling him so the dwarf can flank him.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Hiro feels a bit on an itch from the knife but nothing serious, he hits the creature and damages it again some what, it looks rather hurt now
Durgen your turn


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +8 R +3 W +4 CMD 17 Init +1

Durgen moves into flanking position and attacks swinging his Dorn-derger

Attack with Dorn-Dergar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage eith Dorn-Dergar 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Durgen failed to hit the creature, Voronwe your turn


Male Elf Cavalier 1 (Order of the Dragon)

Assuming there is space, I join the assault with a measured slice at the creature.

attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Voronwe manages to squeeze in and hit the creature, damaging it some more.
Sunset your turn


Her pistol set away, she swings with her mace.

Att Roll:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Dam Roll:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Sunset manages to hit the creature in the head, it falls back on the floor though its hard to tell if its dead


Hiro removes the mask and checks the undead for signs of life. He searches the body.


Sunset steps forwards and covers Hiro, her gaze more intent upon the depths of the cave.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Under the mask lies a half rotten face of a human, its skin is peeling off from the forhead.

Sunset

Spoiler:
you see deep into the cave, and spot a beam of sunlight far down the cave, might be an exist


Hiro cleanly severs the head to make sure and finishes his search of the body. As he returns to normal size and the adrenaline fades he looks at the huge wound the dagger caused.

"It appears I am injured. I guess I no longer will take point."


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +8 R +3 W +4 CMD 17 Init +1
Hiro Protagonist wrote:

Hiro cleanly severs the head to make sure and finishes his search of the body. As he returns to normal size and the adrenaline fades he looks at the huge wound the dagger caused.

"It appears I am injured. I guess I no longer will take point."

Durgan approaches and looks at the wound and then begins to cast a spell

cure light wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Hiro smiles as the wound completely closes. In perfect dwarven,
"Thanks Durgen, I am much obliged."

Durgen:

Good luck in WiG, was hoping to make that one.


Male Elf Cavalier 1 (Order of the Dragon)

I cautiously examine the cave, wondering if Perseval will fit or should I leave the horse outside.

Undeath is such a corruption. For all we know this may have been a noble soul in life. I sigh loudly: We must follow this taint to its source and root it out.


Sunset nods,

"Aye, well best we be hurrying since I see daylight there at the back and knowing our luck the todgers have had horses waiting for them..." So saying she beings to advance cautiously down the passage.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Advancing, checking, but trying to catch up with the others who are still fleeing.


Hiro keeps up now that he is 100%. Can't let Sunset show him up.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The cave has a large centre that is light up by a camp fire, once inside you can see another tunnel that leads off somewhere in the outside since you can see light coming from beyond what the campfire is producing.

Sunset

Spoiler:
you see a small box made of gold and red jade sitting at the bottom of the tunnel


Glancing at something, Sunset tilts her head,

"Now what do we have here...?" She muses.

"Seems some one left in a hurry to leave such an item lying about." She indicates the box she's seen, though she doesn't go near it, nor slow down too much. "I say we get to the other end of this cave and see if we still have people to follow. A box won't grow legs and try running from us..." She pauses and blinks, "Well...not usually any ways..."

Continuing on, but pointing out said spoiler to the rest of the team. Still trying to catch up with those we're tailing after.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 (To not trip over any ropes or other things the fleeing folks might have left behind.)


Hiro pursues Sunset; I like her attitude.


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +8 R +3 W +4 CMD 17 Init +1
Hiro Protagonist wrote:
Hiro pursues Sunset

Durgen follows as well knowing the having the numbers advantage is the strongest strategy. The box can wait until later.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

As you reach outside you see you are standing on a cliff edge, about 200ft bellow are the discarded cloaks of the two creatures, unfortunatly that is the only thing that is visible of them. At the bottom of the cliff is full of dead trees, which looks like a dead forest. Something doesn't feel right about the air.


Sunset lifts a hand to add further shade to the brim of her hat,

"That's...a..long ways down..." She whistles and comments to no one in particular.

"Well, they didn't have horses but I'd say a drop to almost certain doom is the next best thing." She sighs and shrugs nudging one of the cloaks with a boot, before turning and making her way back into the cave.

"Shall we check what's inside box number one?" She asks with a grin.


Hiro tosses a rock down in the approximate trajectory the two figures would have taken had they jumped and landed by the cloaks.


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +8 R +3 W +4 CMD 17 Init +1

I'm going to go back and look at that strong box

Once there check it for traps 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Bugger, screwed up with the comprehension of the cloaks. Didn't realize they were at the bottom[ of the drop. Thought they were discarded on the ledge. *Bows[/i]* My apologies.

Sunset moves about the cave looking for any other small tid-bits left behind by their quarry allowing Durgen plenty of room to work.


Male Elf Cavalier 1 (Order of the Dragon)

Realising our problems, I search for other tracks outside the cave.

survival 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

The rock Hiro throws lands next to the cloaks, alittle more soflty than one would expect.
Voronwe tries to find other tracks outside but fails to do so
Durgen doesn't find any traps near the box (which is a small gold and jade box)
Sunset doesn't manage to find any other things left behind ('cause there aren't any)
So what do you want to do? open the box?


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +8 R +3 W +4 CMD 17 Init +1

I'll make sure at least Sunset is nearby in case something happens to me. First I'll move it to make sure there isn't anything underneath then I'll open from the backside just in case.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Durgen

Spoiler:
the second you touch it you feel a tingling sensation rushing through your hands, nothing overwhelming but definelty odd

The Box has a finely crafted ring inside, it is made of gold and obsidian, and is embeded in a bed of blood stained velvet.


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +8 R +3 W +4 CMD 17 Init +1

Durgen will cast detect magic, to make sure it is magical. Then if it is, he'll call out for Hiro and see if he can make heads or tails of it.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

both the box and the ring are magical


Male Elf Cavalier 1 (Order of the Dragon)

After fussing Perseval for a moment I come back into the cave: No other tracks outside, as far as I can see.


Hiro explains the rock trick--"The rock landed softly, but I wouldn't trust it enough to jump. Nice ring."

Know Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Hiro examines the ring closely.


Sunset leans against the cave wall and looks on...

"So...anything scribed on the metal of the ring? Anything indicate where the box came from?" She asks.

351 to 400 of 2,383 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Left in Sandpoint All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.