Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Left in Sandpoint (Inactive)

Game Master ulgulanoth


1 to 50 of 2,383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

It has been a week since the caravan left Sandpoint, while there is a slight gloom mood on the town, ever since Ameiko, Koya, Sandru and Shalelu left. Today is slightly different though, it is late morning and a large crowd has gathered in the north beach, something strange has washed up. No one can tell what it is yet, all they can see is something moving under the mass of sea weeds, bits of wood and other flotsam.


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +7 R +1 W +2 CMD 16 Init +1
ulgulanoth wrote:
It has been a week since the caravan left Sandpoint, while there is a slight gloom mood on the town, ever since Ameiko, Koya, Sandru and Shalelu left. Today is slightly different though, it is late morning and a large crowd has gathered in the north beach, something strange has washed up. No one can tell what it is yet, all they can see is something moving under the mass of sea weeds, bits of wood and other flotsam.

Durgen will go over to the mass and clear away the seaweed, wood, and other flotsam. Turning to the crowd, "Can anyone else help me?"


From the crowd approaches a tall, pale skinned elf with long, dark red hair pulled tightly back. He wears a finely made blue vest over a thick shirt and brown britches, ending in hearty riding boots. His well warn grey cloak is whipping in the coastal breeze. At his side is a Rapier and set of long daggers. He sets down his large pack upon the sand and kneels beside the Dwarf.

He grins widely and nods a greeting. Let me help you there partner. as he stoops, pulling a dagger. He begins to cut through the seaweed, a handful at a time, trying to free whatever is struggling beneath.


male Human fighter 1

A massive Ulfen man with long red hair strides forward and begins pulling huge hanks of seaweed from the pile.
He smiles at the other twoo and says, "Here. Let me help. Let's find out what the sea has gifted us with."


male elf sylvan wild blooded sorcerer

An wild looking elf with a bird sitting on his shoulder stands at the edge of the crowd, letting those more capable of clearing the seaweed have the room they need as he observes.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Durgen, Phagin and Kjell

Spoiler:
as you clear the sea weed; you spot a soft, child-like arm under the mass. A soft and feeble voice whispers at you [b]”Please… don’t, I’ll dry out, just… help me… get back to the sea


Not sure if this is allowed to be here...

The Half-Elf lass pulls her tri-corn hat lower on her brow against the glare of the sun. Eyes closed to slits against the shine from the sand. With her boots placed squarely upon the beach, sand scuffed over their tops.

While both hands rest upon her hips, one hovers over a small item in a leather pouch resting there. Her gaze is intent upon the sand where the flotsam of the storm is worked over by some of the locals.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +7 R +1 W +2 CMD 16 Init +1
ulgulanoth wrote:
Durgen, Phagin and Kjell ** spoiler omitted **

Durgen will try and identify what this creature is

Knowledge (Local) - Monster Lore check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Guess it is Local, can also do Dungeoneering, nature, and religion...oops not a good start!

"You heard the...thing...let's help it back into the sea." Durgen grabs the being and carried it back to the water (Unless he needs help then he will wait for Phagin or Kjell)


Phagin stands bolt upright, and peers down at the wriggling mass. "You want to go... back?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

He then begins helping Durgen drag the seaweed mass back to the water.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Sunset"

Spoiler:
unfortunatly the others that guathered around are in the way you can't see whats happening

Durgen
Spoiler:
having only seen an army you don't have much to go on, not enough to identify the creature

Phagin
Spoiler:
the creature seems sincier, it isn't lying at it is easy to feel the helplesness in its voice


Sunset frowns as the men utter words, then lift...something from the sand and begin to stagger back towards the water.

She shifts and begins to pace along with them, more shadowing their movement than drawing closer.

A rough guess-timate for actual distance? Sunset would like to be roughly within 30'...

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Her hand shifts uneasily upon her hip as the men's boots/feet begin to splash in the shallow surf. She glances about the wave churned beach for any other flotsam and jetsam amongst the tide mark.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 (A length of rope would be nice...)

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

"Sunset"

Spoiler:
at first you still didn't get a glance of what ever it was, but as you move closer, you see a large fish tail under the mass of junk


male Human fighter 1

"Now don't you worry, little friend, we will be getting you back in the water right quick."
Kjell helps the other two carefully move the creature back to the sea.
"just who might you be?" He asks the creature.


Having seen some details, Sunset relaxes a little and moves in to help. Trying to gently get a hold of what ever is flopping the most.

"Ach, not a good situation for powder." She laments as the surf washes about her legs.

Also trying to get a better look at the washout. (^_~)

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

the creature replies "I'm no one"

"Sunset"

Spoiler:
you catch a glimpse of an arm, similar to what bards would describe as the arm of a fair maiden


male elf sylvan wild blooded sorcerer

Maldrin will step forward to see if there is room for him to help; if there isn't, he'll stand by.

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

Lumi was most likely passing a ball back and forth with some children in the north beach crowd. as she was passing the ball, she was likely humming an upbeat cheerful rythm and trying to distract herself from the depression she recieved from Nu-Nu's dissapearance. her perky mentality seemed highly suspicious. and for quite a while, she latched onto her youth and taken on childish traits reminiscent of her youthful appearance.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Once the mass of junk is far enough in the sea (about waist deep) the creature swims under and into the ocean, you all get a glimps at what it was; a young mermaid. She looked almost starved to death. Before she manages to swim away though an arrow lands on her back, biting in deep and filling the ocean around the mermaid with blood. The mermaid isn't moving any more.


male elf sylvan wild blooded sorcerer

"Apparently someone doesn't care much for mermaids, or at least not that mermaid." Maldrin comments, a bit concerned as he sends Molette to circle over the area just in case anything else breaks the surface.


Phagin starts making his way quickly back to shore. He scans the area in the direction from which the arrow came looking for the shooter.

"Where did it come from?"

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


male Human fighter 1

Kjell swears loudly.
Och! Who would do such a fell thing to the puir, little thing!?"
He will attempt to reach her and see if he can aid her.


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +7 R +1 W +2 CMD 16 Init +1
Phagin Harwood wrote:

Phagin starts making his way quickly back to shore. He scans the area in the direction from which the arrow came looking for the shooter.

"Where did it come from?"

Perception: 1d20 + 5

Durgen will look for the shooter as well

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Phagin and Durgen

Spoiler:
up the beach at the edge of town stands a man dressed in black, he has a 3 point hat and is carring a bronze coloured bow

Kjell

Spoiler:
she is still alive but she is dying and will likely bleed to death in mere moments if not treated


At the landing of the arrow Sunset draws her weapon from its holster and looks towards shore, even as she tries to both keep her arm above the waves and still get to the figure now floating limp in the water.

"Some one get something to heal with!" She yells.

"We're ages from shore and the lass was submerged, there's still a chance..." Sunset's voice trails off as she reaches for the merfolk.

Do I need a reflex roll or anything for staying upright in the waves?


male elf sylvan wild blooded sorcerer

Maldrin moves up the the shoreline where he can use magic missiles to protect those involved in the rescue of the mermaid if the situation requires it.


Phagin begins to move cautiously up the beach toward the edge of town.

GM Questions:
  • Exactly how far away is he from me and from the mermaid?
  • Do I recognize this person from town?
  • Can I tell any specifics about him (Race, Age, Distinguishable features)?
  • As I move closer, is he moving away or notching an arrow?
  • Did anyone else from the crowd notice or react to the person?

If he moves away or runs, I'll follow him. If he notches another arrow or moves to attack I'll stop approaching.

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

Lumi makes one last pass to the children before she tells them i believe my help is needed elsewhere. i shall try to come back later she hastily grabs what she can to help and bolts in the wounded mermaid's direction as she felt a strange sensation in that direction. the same sensation she always felt when an innocent life is endangered.

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Sunset

Spoiler:
no need for reflex rolls or the like, the waves are rather calm

Phagin

Spoiler:
about 5ft away from the mermaid, you don't recognise him from the town, he is human, late 30s, has a rather well kept short beard and green eyes. he is walking away, seemingly uninterested as to what is happening. no one else seems to have noticed him their all shocked and on the verg of panic


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +7 R +1 W +2 CMD 16 Init +1
ulgulanoth wrote:

Phagin and Durgen ** spoiler omitted **

Kjell ** spoiler omitted **

Durgen will ask Kjell how she is. If he says she is still alive I will move and cast cure light wounds (or stabilize if I cannot make it to her immediately.)

If Kjell says she is dead or still ok I will point out the person who shot her and move towards him


Maldrin will step up and try to stem the bleeding before the mermaid dies, wishing he could remember how Shalelu had used to do it, and that his feeble attempts might at least be enough to help someone else.

Heal check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Maldrin's attempts to heal the mermaid fail to help her condition, thoug seeing that she is still alive Durgen casts [i]cure light wounds[i] on the poor creature

Durgen roll to see how much you heal the mermaid


Male Dwarf HP 45/45 AC 18 FF 17 T 11 F +7 R +1 W +2 CMD 16 Init +1
ulgulanoth wrote:

Maldrin's attempts to heal the mermaid fail to help her condition, thoug seeing that she is still alive Durgen casts [i]cure light wounds[i] on the poor creature

Durgen roll to see how much you heal the mermaid

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

I will also attempt to place myself between the mermaid and the shooter so she doesn't take anymore arrows

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

noted


GM:
I will follow behind him until he is far enough from the crowd to be out of sight. Then come directly upon him and place the tip of my dagger at the base of his back, just below the rib cage and hopefully his armor. I say into his ear "What was that all about, friend?"

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Touch Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 to place dagger, not actually stabbing him.

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

Lumi continues bolting at the highest speed she can in an attempt to close the gap between herself and the wounded mermaid. she will first try to check the mermaid's pulse to find out the current condition by placing 2 fingers on one of her hands against her throat

heal check (diagnose condition)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Phagin

Spoiler:
"Nothing personal, just a job...if i were you i wouldn't get involved" he replies in a strangely calm voice

Luminiere

Spoiler:
she has been healed considerably by Durgen's magic, but she is still in bad shape due to starvation

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

Lumi tells Durgen while gesturing to the mermaid this woman needs food and i don't know what her body can handle.


GM:
"Last time I checked, murder was against the law, paid for or not. Now maybe if you tell me who hired you, I'll find them more interesting and forget about you..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Seeing the others are aiding the stricken lass, Sunset now turns and begins wading back to shore.

"Who saw where that stick came from?" She calls, "Who saw the low life who'd put an arrow in some one's back?" She demands. The tone of Sunset's voice leaves no doubt that the Half-Elf's dander is up.

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


male Human fighter 1

Kjell will continue to support the mermaid as those more skilled in healing attend her. He makes sure that the mermaid is protected from anyone else on the shore.
"Did any of you see the blackguard that did this?"He asks the others gathered aroound him.
"I'll give him some of his own back if we find him!"

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Phagin

Spoiler:
"Well, my employer never said anything about not giving away his information, you'll be looking for a slaver called Njord, a big man from up north"


GM:
Sense Motive:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
"Now that was easy, wasn't it? Assuming I believe you. So how much did he pay you? And more importantly, what's my cut to let you just walk away? It sounds like that angry mob is starting to get curious about you too. It would be a shame if I had to tell them where you went."
Bluff:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Phagin

Spoiler:
he flips a gold coin at you, "Keep it, he gave me enough of those that one won't matter"


GM:
Phagin doesn't take his eyes off the man as he lets the coin fall to the ground. "Then maybe I should be more interested in that fancy looking bow you have." as he reaches for the bow.
Grab at the bow, probably counts as a disarm.
Combat Maneuver:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Phagin

Spoiler:
as you go to grab the bow, he casually moves back and and swimgs his bow out of reach, turning round and drawing a dagger with his free hand placing it at your neck, "This on the other hand, i won't let you take"


gm:
As a wide grin breaks across Phagin's face "Right, so the Bow is yours, no problem.
I am, thou, starting to doubt that you were paid for that little show back there. Did this 'Njord' say you should just stand by the shore, waiting patiently for random driftwood to beach itself. Then, just maybe there should be something under it, and if it tries to swim off, then you should do away with it. Preferably with a crowd of people standing around watching. Was that really what you were hired for?"
Grinning widely again "That sounds really unlikely to me. Why don't you tell me why you were really so eager for some aquatic target practice?"

If he removes the dagger and tries to walk away, taking that as a withdraw, I will use my AoO to Trip him.


male elf sylvan wild blooded sorcerer

Seeing the mermaid being taken care of, Maldrin will try to track down someone who may have seen the beginning of this scene to try to get some idea of how it started as Molette continues to circle overhead, watching out for further trouble.

Diplomacy (gather information) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Molette's perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Cheliax

male wraith biomedical scientist lv5/ film director lv3

Phagin

Spoiler:
"You have no clue what so ever, I've been tracking that dam thing for days now" he keeps his dagger pointing at you

Maldrin

Spoiler:
well you don't find anything new from the onlookers, but Molette sees Phagin talking to a man that is carring a bow, both pointing daggers at each other


male elf sylvan wild blooded sorcerer

DM and Phagin:
Molette swings down to Maldrin and guides him to the area where she saw the trouble. When he arrives at the scene, he takes a moment to consider what is in front of him. Spying the bow, Maldrin moves to where he can reach the bowman with a nonlethal magic missile if he tries anything funny. "I know that mermaids are known for prettyness, but I'm sure that a dagger fight on land won't help either of you get her attention.", he says as he readies an action to shoot an nonlethal magic missile at an assailant. Meanwhile, Molette moves around behind the men with daggers to stop anyone who tries to flee.


GM and Maldrin:
Never taking his eyes from the stranger's face, Phagin continues "Oh look, an audience, how unfortunate. I was just beginning to enjoy our time alone. Before our little dance is interrupted, tell me, do you have any message for me to pass on to our buddy Njord when I see him?"

1 to 50 of 2,383 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Left in Sandpoint All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.