Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


1,301 to 1,346 of 1,346 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Master McDarrow, Arasmes found this book in the ruined temple before we were attacked by the zombies," Taltōsh said, handing the book to the dwarf.

"Again, it's in a very old dialect of Varisian. I cannot translate it."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Sorry I havent been posting as much lately, been in a lot of pain irl so been off resting a lot.

"Could it be what we needed from the place?"


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"I did sort of feel something calling me to it. Perhaps the Dark provides?"


male human

Gryfford considers the book on the table.

"Is there some sort of Varisian scholar in Sandpoint, who could translate it for us ?" he asks.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"I hate to brag, but the Dark has provided me with the ability to read ancient tongues before. Admittedly I mostly used it to pass my history exams, but I think it could work for this too."

sense motive DC 16:

Arasmes' tone is light but he's lying. He used the spell for something important, not cheating on a history exam. He seems to be trying not to rub the superiority of the Dark over the Light in people's faces... and maybe doesn't want them to know what he actually used it for.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Taltōsh held his tongue at what Arasmes said, turning his attention to the food on the table, while still listening to the conversation.


male human

Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

"Don't be modest, Arasmes" Gryfford says, while smiling good-naturedly.

"If you can translate that tome, well... we're all ears, I guess."


Sense: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"I can't do anything till after midnight - anyone got any ideas we should do till then?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh turned his attention to the dhampir.

"Eat, rest, ask Marie what she was doing in that supposedly abandoned temple."


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin frowns and shakes head as he gets to his feet while looking at Arasmesem The paladin looks as if he is begining to say some thing befor turning away and moving to lean against the wall as he looks at the others.


Angus flips through the book and you see as he touches it the pages glimmer in a silver light. Suddenly in front of your eyes the world flashes away and you see a glowing gem hovering in the air. Then without warning it flashes away and you are standing in the dining chamber again.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"That was--unsettling," Taltōsh said dryly.

"Is this going to be the result of every book Master McDarrow touches?" the others could tell by his tone that the sorcerer was jesting.


male human

"I've long suspected that books are bad for your health."

Gryfford winks to Alia, obviously joking too.

"Hmmm... anybody got an idea of what this gem was ? Is it the... how do you call it... that we're searching for ?"


"The... Dark Eye..." You hear Marie's timid voice speak from where she's standing at the back of the room.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh turned in the young woman's direction.

"The Dark Eye? What do you know of it?" he asked.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes spins round to look at Marie, then recovers his aplomb. "You recognise it?"


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Well... that's intriguing." Alexia comments softly, waiting to hear more from the others.


She looks a bit nervous at the attention, but continues speaking. [b]"I've heard the rumors of course... I mean...that is to say in my studies at the college it was referenced." She stops speaking and looks timidly back at the group.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh said, "Do not fret, milady. Please continue."


"It is supposed to be the key to planar travel. I had a mentor who was very interested in that realm of understanding. Why are you searching for it?"


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes bites back his suspicious comments about this "mentor"
"Just going to check something" he says casually, as he starts casting

@DM Awesome:

Casting detect magic.
Is there any magic on the book?
Is there any magic on the girl?
Is there any unaccounted for (like clairvoyance maybe) magic in the room?


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin watches intently.

DM Awesome:
Detect Evil


Arasmes:
The book seems to have some magic coming from it, as does the girl, but hers is divine where as the book is arcane.

Elorin:
you do not detect evil on the girl


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

@DM_AWesome:
Spellcraft 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16. Can Arasmes work out the spell, or at least school on the girl, and then on the book?


Angus thinks to himself and flips through the book.

"Can anyone read this? The words are extremely foreign."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes spends perhaps thirty seconds in silence. When he speaks he is colder.
"Interesting... I detect no illusions about the book, but it is magical. Does anyone know a spell that can decipher occult glyphs? Perhaps they are mixed in with the normal words."


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin shakes his head. "No. Master Angus, can anyone in town assist us?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"There is magic that can unravel such words, but unfortunately that spell is not one that I know," said Taltōsh.

Looking to Elorin, he added, "I second Elorin's question."


Angus looks again and various pages of the book, "There's no one in town, I know of a linguist who resides in Galduria north of here. Perhaps in the morning we could set out and see if he can aide us?"

Alia leans over and whispers something in his ear and then he nods, "I think we have all had a rough day, Let us rest and speak again in the morning." He stands unsteadily and moves toward the door, he puts a hand on Marie's shoulder and ushers her out of the room.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Yes, let us rest," replied Taltōsh.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Agreed. Rest sounds good. Given Angus' proclamation that something wicked was coming, it might be worth posting watches, and sleeping with weapons near at hand."

DM_Awesome:

At midnight Arasmes will do his normal thing and sneak out to meditate under the stars. Probably on the roof this time.
He'll memorise Comprehend Languages and Read Languages, if that is okay.


male human

"I'll take the first watch" Gryfford says, as he looks thoughtfully at the departing trio of Angus and the two young clerics-in-training.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"I will take the last watch," Taltōsh said.


Arasmes:
Yeah that's fine

Ok everyone who's taking a watch I need two Perception checks please.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Perception #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Perception #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Wow! Those were underwhelming!


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Perception 1:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Perception 2:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


male human

During the watch - 1st Perception check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
2nd Perception check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

I'll take a turn in watch too.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

hope not waiting for me... Arasmes is going to to try to pray for divine inspiration for the book. After that he'd take watch, but he needs his nap, er meditation, first.


Gryff&Alexia:
Your watches are completely quiet. You remain alert and last your shift.

Elorin:
You start your watch and find it hard to remain vigilant.You find yourself woken up at the end of your shift by Taltosh and you realize you fell asleep.

Taltosh:
You relieve Elorin who has passed out on watch, as you sit down and try to keep focus you feel your eyelids getting heavier and heavier...Suddenly you feel a piercing light in your mind. roll a will save.

As morning arrives you each awake from your rooms and head down to the main area for breakfast. Angus is already there and has everything ready to go for the day.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

DM Awesome:

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

DM_Awesome:

Okay to cast comprehend languages and read magic on the book now?


Taltosh:
Thanks :)

Arasmes:
You find that after you have prepared those spells you are able to read the book, it says thus:

Herein contains the Portal to the Shadow Plane. Only those of the most innocence may use this ritual, so that its magic will ne'er be used for evil. Gather the necessary ritual elements, as well as the Dark jewel, then speak the sigils written here, and the spell will activate. Are you going to read it out loud or keep it to yourself?


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

DM_Awesome:
I was going to read it out loud - is that a problem? While the spell is active Arasmes will write some notes so he knows *which* Sigils to speak. Presumably the sigils are read magic?


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

DM_Awesome:

Are you waiting for me?

1,301 to 1,346 of 1,346 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.