Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


151 to 200 of 1,346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

When Arasmes set the dog down and uttered the strange words, Taltōsh listened carefully.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Taltōsh smiled as he recognized what Arasmes had done. He awaited the results of Arasmes' conversation with the vineyard owner.


Male Human Inquisitor 1

DM_Awesome:
if possible I would like to attempt to stealth, granted there is some cover, and follow the other man towards the house.

Stealth roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

And a perception check to overhear their whisper at a distance if possible. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Inquisitor 1

DM_Awesome:
Aluar moves silently splitting off after the young man as his companions stop to have words with the older. He keeps to the shadows as he trails him, watching where he is heading.

I'm going to wait till I see more of what he is doing before deciding on my next course of action, for now remaining hidden and just observing him and following.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

Perception to overhear what the man whispers to the boy

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Did the killings all take place at once?" Yolk chimes in, hoping to help with the investigation. "When did this all happen? Where were you when it happened and what did the bodies look like when you found them?"

Yolk stands, hands on his hips, looking expectantly at Bellgrave.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Good questions, Reverend Yolk, but give the man a chance to think."
Arasmes extends a hand, indicating the farmer.
"This is a Citizen-Farmer. A Man like this is used to doing things by himself, and he doesn't know us yet. He needs to decide if he can trust us. If he decides he can, he'll help us to the end. No point pushing him until he makes up his mind. All we can do is be honest and tell him who we are."

Damn. I hope I don't have to introduce everyone Arasmes thought. Still, this should put me on his side against the outsiders.


Gryff:
When he sees you he blinks for a second and shakes his head at your strange stance, then turns back to the group. Lol sorry man.

Aluar:
As he walks behind the house building you see a set of stairs going down into a cellar. He quickly glances behind him to see if anyone is watching Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Adrien seems taken aback by so many questions, he looks flustered for a moment, the looks back at Arasmes. "Thank ye, uh...sir. I will do meh best to answer yer questions, but I'm afraid I don't know much. I had traveled into Sandpoint to git supplies. I'd left my boy Aaron out here to tend to the farm. When I got back my horses were all dead, save for Mit who was with me in town."

He thinks for a moment, then shudders."I found them over there." He points to a small barn you didn't notice before. "They were ripped to shreds, but there was no blood anywhere."

His eyes get moist and he looks away as he pulls out a handkerchief and blows his nose.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Hmm... the original description indicated that there was blood everywhere--at least in the rumor.


male human

Gryfford looks in the direction of the small barn indicated by the old farmer, but makes no move to go inspect it.

Instead he defers to Arasmes for dealing with the "citizen-farmer", seeing as the young dhampir has a good handle on the situation.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

"Ah..uh." Yolk sputters.

"My apologies Bellgrave, we, that is I, joined this band of travellers, simply to help solve the murder of your horses."

Looking between Arasmes and Bellgrave, Yolk continues in the same breath, "My name is Yolk and I am a cleric of Torag. Ah jus' wanna help ya uncover the truth behind these murders!"

DM_Awesome:
Diplomacy check to get on his good side. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Bluff check because I'm holding back on telling him we think it's related to undead. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Taltōsh:
Hmm...so it did... perhaps a sense motive check is in order... ;)

Yolk:
He reacts positively to your statements, but seems still uneasy.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

DM Awesome:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Hmm... that's a pretty good roll. :)

The sage sorcerer narrowed his eyes as he contemplated what Bellgrave told them.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh stepped forward, slamming the butt of his spear against the ground. "You are not being sincere, Bellgrave. Tell us the truth about what really happened here."


male human

Taken by surprise, Gryfford spins his head to look at Taltōsh.

Then he looks back at the vineyard's owner and arches a quizzical eyebrow.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Is Taltosh right? Thought Arasmes sense motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Is he lying? And if so, why?


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel and his raven both start at the outburst. Where's he going with this?
Sense Motive1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


He stumbles over his words, "W-w-what do you mean?" He steps back a few paces.

"I've bin nothing but honest. Why would you think otherwise?"

Roll a Perception check.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Ack! Oh for a reroll... :P

Taltōsh was wary of Bellgrave, but was unsure how best to coax the truth out of the recalcitrant farmer. "Your behavior, Bellgrave, doesn't match the situation. Your animals slain. Their blood scattered widely about, soaking into the ground."

The cloaked sage looked for any sign of a response to his contradiction of Bellgrave's earlier statement regarding the blood--or lack thereof.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Again with the 'Oh for a reroll...'!


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

I think Taltosh is trying to be bad inquisitor to my good inquisitor. I really need to have words with him later said the clueless Arasmes.

"Come now, Taltosh. The man is trying to help us. What possible reason would he have for lying to us?"

Attempts to send message to Taltosh 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 "Back off Taltosh, I've got this."


male human

I've always been told that peasants are a distrustful lot, but I never did have the occasion to see it myself muses Gryfford while watching the little drama unfolding before him.

I wonder if our farmer Bellgrave here is also a penny-pinching, land-stealing man as well as the overprotective father of a beautiful countryside lass continues to think Gryfford as he idly considers popular stereotypes.

"Hey, isn't it a nice day, Bellgrave ? We should have a little rain by the end of this beautiful morning - the crops do need it, I dare say so. But the cow seemed to amble yesterday, better see to it soon. And when is the harvest beginning ?" he says to the bewildered Bellgrave.

Just trying to mess with the good farmer's head here - not to frighten him really, but nonetheless it seems appropriate to use: Intimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

... drat ! This farmer is evidently immune to Gryfford's potent mental powers ;-) !


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel was also picking up on the farmer's inconsistencies, but too many cooks spoiled the broth. Let them scare the answers out of him


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

What the hell are they doing? wondered Arasmes to himself


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Sense Motive (to pick up Arasmes' message): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Guess he got it the message! :P

Sensing Arasmes' displeasure at interjecting himself into the conversation, Taltōsh fell silent. He moved to stand next to Arasmes, showing his support.

Yet the farmer could still tell that the sage's attention was focused solely on him.


Male Human Inquisitor 1

DM_Awesome:
As the young man heads away from the cellar stairs Aluar steps out from his hiding spot, useless since he was seen. He moves towards the stairs briskly, scoops a rock from the ground, and begins casting a spell(Casting Light on the rock. 0-level Orison. Lasts 10 minutes.). He pauses a moment studying the stairs(Perception as I listen at the top 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10) then descends. (And another perception at the bottom of the stairs for sight AND sound 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17)


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

DM_Awesome:
Rolling Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Yolk scrutinizes the situation, Are all races this distrusting of one another?, looking around, he notices Aluar is no longer among the ranks.

'Uh..Jean?'Yolk mumbles quietly, hoping the others realize he is gone as well.


male human

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Upon hearing Yolk mumbling, Gryfford looks around him and realizes, as the dwarf just did, that Jean is nowhere to be seen.

He tenses a little, and surveys slowly his surroundings as a fighter, noticing calmly where an attack could be coming from, what are the possible escape routes, and where it would be best for an enemy to hide.

He doesn't have any preconceptions about a possiblity of the threat, but years of training in the arena guide him well in the present situation.

Perception to assess the situation as a fighter 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Perception w/familiar alertness1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6


The farmer raises his voice and says, "Now jus who do you think ya are? Ya come ta my farm when I'm trying ta deal with the loss of my animals, and ya accuse me of lying! Git outta here!"

You see him draw a dagger from behind his back and he swings forward at Arasmes.1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

No need for Initiative, unless you really wanna fight ;)


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh stepped away from Bellgrave. He's lying, and willing to attack us! Is he possessed?

Strange syllables trickled off his tongue and he wove one hand in arcane gestures while holding his spear in his other.

However, no one noticed any obvious effects from what the sage had done.

DM Awesome:

Taltōsh takes a 5-foot step away from the farmer and Arasmes, and casts detect magic, in order to examine the farmer with it.


male human

"Ho come on, you're just gonna hurt yourself with that toothpick !" shouts Gryfford to the farmer.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

roll spellcraft on Taltosh's spell1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Yolk shuffles back a few steps, impulsively reaching for his warhammer, but he pauses a moment, maybe I'm missing something here, best do nothing yet,then puts his hand back down.

DM_Awesome:
Yolk will also take a 5-foot step backwards.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

@ Yolk - I think you mean Taltōsh's spell. :)

Yolk:

Taltōsh cast detect magic


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

The farmer's actions were unacceptable. He'd now attacked the group AND Adriel was growing bored. He didn't need to, but felthe should let the others know what he was doing, so he summoned up the power inside him and released it at the farmer. SLEEP!

DC15


Adriel:
1d20 ⇒ 4

Taltōsh:
You do not detect any magic aura coming from him.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Spellcraft: Taltōsh's spell (untrained)1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Knowledge: Religion: Vampires have mind control +hunter's blood1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Sense Motive: is Bellgrave under compulsion 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Who do I think I am? I'm the guy who came here and treated you as a person! I'm the guy who's been defending you! I'm the guy who's trying to help you here! And I'm the guy you seem to be trying to assault illegally!"

At Yolk's mumble, however, he suddenly goes stiff and looks around wildly
Perception-dazzled1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Defensive formation!" he yells

He turns to the old man quickly, a note of fear and desperation in his voice.

"Listen to me. Something came here with us. Are any of your family weakend? Injured? Sick? Poisoned? Changed?" seeing the man hesitate (who wouldn't) a note of despair crept into his voice. "Doesn't matter. Probably too late for them now."

Arasmes is looking at the old man to see if he looks in a particular diretion


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

Speaking so all can hear and waving his hands frantically, Yolk says, "Ho there a moment! What about the barn Bellgrave was talking about? Maybe he is trying to help us. The poor man's probably been through enough, let's at least take a look in the barn and make it worth our troubles, aye?"

Rolling Diplomacy on Arasmes, Gryfford, Taltosh, Adriel
Arasmes:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Gryfford:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Oooh!! Auto-Hit
Taltosh:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Adriel:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

DM_Awesome:
Hey DRAwesome, when you told me, "You have heard stories of Dr. McDarrow, and know of some of his collegues. But nothing specific." earlier.
Do I know enough to recognize the name Bellgrave among Dr. McDarrow's collegues?


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

As the farmer passes out, soudly, magically asleep, Adriel turns to the others.

Well he was behaving oddly. Now let's find our Jean before he gets us in trouble, shall we?


Yeah he passed out before all the yelling Arasmes, oops. Also are you gonna just leave him passed out on the ground?

As you move around toward the barn, you see that the doors are locked, and above(about 10 ft) is an open window into the loft. Around the side of the barn you see a set of stalls with half doors leading into the barn. The other 2 sides of the barn have no doors and windows that are closed.
You can explain how you get in, or you can look around the house itself for Jean.


male human

When Arasmes yelled, the gladiator's falchion came out of its sheath in a flash, glinting briefly as it caught the morning sun, and Gryfford glided away from the farmer in an oft-practiced step to guard the right flank of their little group.

Then Adriel acted decisively.

"Nicely done." says Gryfford to the witch.

Seeing nothing ready to attack them just now, Gryfford crouches near Bellgrave and, still holding his falchion, takes the farmer's dagger, which disappears in his backpack. Then he frisks the farmer so as to be sure he doesn't have any other weapon left on him.

Perception 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
If the farmer has any weapon left, I take it.

Then he stands up, the falchion still in his right hand.

"Yeah, go find Jean." he says to Adriel and the others. "In the meantime, Yolk and I will have a look at this here barn."

Without waiting for an answer, Gryfford goes to the barn and enters it presumably with Yolk. His falchion remains drawn.


male human

Gryfford enters cautiously into the barn through the half doors in the stalls.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes hurries to catch up with Gryfford.

"Hang on - let me feel around a bit before we go in."

At the barn he pauses and concentrates on something.

DM_Awesome:

Sense Undead. Trying to pick up presence of undead, and residual presence of undead. No sense wasting it so once that's done, slowly turn in place seeing if there is any other undead or residual undead presence in 60ft. Lucky's going to screw up in one direction if he's within 60ft. Check down and up as well. Then walk in barn and repeat. Also using more conventional techniques.

Look for signs of undead Survival + hunter's blood 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


male human
Quote:

Arasmes hurries to catch up with Gryfford.

"Hang on - let me feel around a bit before we go in."

"Do feel, by all means !" says Gryfford, obviously pleased to work alongside professionals.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

As a precaution, Yolk grabs out his warhammer as they approach the barn together through the entrance through the stalls.

He looks around hurriedly once they enter.

Rolling perception inside
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"This has gone quite differently than I envisioned," said Taltōsh.

As they approached the barn, Taltōsh added, "I must inform everyone that I could tell that Bellgrave was lying. He wasn't genuinely upset at the loss of his animals."

"There is also the fact that we heard that there was copious amounts of blood at the sites of the death, and Bellgrave said their was no blood."


Here are a couple of pictures to give you an idea of what the barn looks like.

Barnfront:
http://crossroadslumber.com/assets/images/products-inventory-reclaimed-wood /barn-wood-reclaimed/600px/001-wyoming-barn.jpg

Inside:
http://www.panix.com/~goldfarb/pahouse/barn-interior.jpg


male human
Quote:
As they approached the barn, Taltōsh added, "I must inform everyone that I could tell that Bellgrave was lying. He wasn't genuinely upset at the loss of his animals."

"So, the man is a dagger-happy liar. Well, we'll have a little chat with him when he wakes up." says Gryfford.

And then he adds with a crooked grin:
"I just hope he won't be all sour grapes with us."


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

"Seems like a plain old barn to me, guys." Yolk says.

DM_Awesome:
rolling Local Knowledge on Bellgrave family name.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human Inquisitor 1

DM_Awesome:
incase the pm didn't do the dice roll correctly. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 perception


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

As the door opens, Arasmes' head snaps around to the corner.

"There." he states, firmly. Carefully, like one walking across trapped ground, or towards a frightened child, he starts to walk towards it.

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 - did not take any light conditions into account


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

As he walks into the dark barn, whatever he sees brings a muttered oath to Arasmes' lips, and a strange gesture to his hands

Spellcraft DC16:

Casting Guidance

DM_Awesome:

Knowledge Relgion + identify undead + guidance 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

151 to 200 of 1,346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.