Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,346 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Then let us go," said Taltōsh.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Yes. Hastily would be best.


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Aye. Let us move.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Angus?" asks Aramsmes.


Angus looks back longingly at the temple, but then nods at the suggestion. Marie follows behind and is very quiet.

Ok, would you like to RP the trip home or just warp there? It is about a 4 hr trip, which means you'll get in late.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Warp. Unless you have an encounter


male human

I vote for warp too.


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Make it so.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:
Warp. Unless you have an encounter

I agree.


Warp engaged!

You arrive in Sandpoint at the temple after dark. Most of the town is very quiet, Alia however meets you at the door and ushers you inside.
There is a small amount of food set out, and only two of the acolytes are still awake.

Would you like to discuss anything?


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"I think I need to know more about what exactly is going on."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Well! That was... not great. Shall we got get some food and drink and talk about what happened?"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Food and a good...or any wine actually.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh looked at the others.

"Yes, we should discuss what happened over a meal."


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

" I agree, I dont think I fully understand what is going on here and would like to be brought up to speed."


Angus sits down at the table and rests his head in his hands. He sighs deeply and looks around to each of you. " I'm not sure what all that was about? Did we find anything of interest in the temple before those undying attacked?"

Alia rushes over and pours him a glass of wine and he takes a swig finishing it in one gulp.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Honestly, I don't think so. We did not have long to search before we had to flee. Perhaps the Acolyte can shed some light on the situation.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"For my part, I worked out how to get through the ward, dropped through the roof and followed you. I channelled to heal Marie, paged through a few books and then the Zombies attacked. Oh, Taltosh - do you still have that book I handed you?"

Arasmes shrugs

"I gather the rest of you did a more thorough search - I'd be interested to hear about that."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Ah, yes, I had forgotten about it," Taltōsh replied.

Pulling the gray tome out of his pack, the sage handed it over to Arasmes.

"I cannot read it, it's written in an archaic form of Varisian."


When you look around the room you don't see Marie with you in it.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel Starts and gets up, Where did she go?


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes looks around "What do you mean, she...?"
this is followed by cursing in long dead languages
"When was the last time anyone saw her?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Good question. DM Awesome, should we make Intelligence checks or something?


no need for checks, you remember she entered the temple with you, but for some reason you don't remember her sitting down at the table with you in the room.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"She came into the temple."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"...maybe she had a reason not to come sit and eat with us."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"I suggest we find her. Now."


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin leaps to his feet and draws his bow. "I felt something was off with her. I will search outside and speak to the guards."


Let's split up gang! Where are you each searching other than Elorin =Outside


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

'cause that's never a bad idea... :P

"I will check the sanctuary. If she's not there, I will ask those there if they've seen her," Taltōsh said as he snatched up a roll to tide him over until after the search.


male human

"I'll go with you, Taltosh" Gryfford says.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Of course, Gryfford," the hooded sage replied.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"I'll check the library."


Taltōsh/Gryff:
You two come across Marie in the sanctuary of the temple. As you enter the room you see her frail form hunched over at the altar at the front of the room. As you draw near her you hear soft sobbing coming from her, and you can see her face is contorted in sadness.

Elorin:
You step outside and ask a passing guard if he has seen a woman that matches the description of Marie in the area. He shakes his head and says he hasn't then asks for her name and promises to keep his eyes open for her.

Arasmes:
You venture into the library of the temple and you see it as it always is, stacks of books on tables, but nothing out of the ordinary. And certainly no Marie.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

DM Awesome and Gryfford:

Taltōsh held up a hand to stop Gryfford. Quietly, he said, "Please go inform the others that Marie is in the sanctuary. I'll stay here."

With that, the hooded sage approached Marie, but left a respectful distance between them.

Taltōsh then stood silently, allowing the woman to work through her grief undisturbed.


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

DM Awsome:
Elorin passes the information and thanks the guard, telling him not to attempt to apprehend the woman. The paladin then makes his way around the temple attempting to look for tracks left by someone the size of Marie.

Survival to track: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


male human

Gryfford enters into the library to find Arasmes.

To Arasmes:
"Marie is praying at the altar in the sanctuary."

A slight pause.

"Honestly, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Maybe you jumped the crossbow too quickly with her."


male human

Gryfford goes outside the temple to find Elorin.

Spotting the Elf hunched over tracks in the gloom of night, he goes to him.

To Elorin:
"Taltosh and I found Marie. She's just praying at the altar in the sanctuary."

"There's no need for concern, I'd say. Anyway, let's go back inside."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Can we finish our talk then?"


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

@Gryfford:

"I don't know - maybe you're right. Don't you feel it though? Something wrong with her?"

@DM_Awesome:

Can Arasmes sense if Gryfford has been influenced by a charm or something?
Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

To Gryfford:
"Thank the Dawnflower! I was beginning to think we had been betrayed."


male human

To Arasmes:

Gryfford thinks a little while before answering.

"She seems a little strange, yes. But I attributed that to the fact that she's been left a long time mostly alone in that dusty old dwarf temple."

The blond warrior smiles.

"I decided not tho hold it against her - being strange, I mean. Aren't we all a little bit peculiar ?" he says while looking inquiringly at the dhampir.

He shrugs.
"Besides, I must confess I have a soft spot for red-haired girls."


Taltōsh:
After a few moments of you standing there Marie turns and sees you. She hastily wipes the tears off her cheeks and speaks with a strained voice, [b]"I'm sorry...uh...sorry...it's just so much has happened recently and I... I..."[b] She trails off and you can see her eyes well up with tears again.

Arasmes:
You don't believe he is being affected by any sort of charm.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes follows Gryfford back in


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Those in Sanctuary:

"That is quite understandable. When you feel ready, we can repair to the dining hall to discuss what happened," Taltōsh replied to the young woman.


So are you returning to the dining hall now?


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

When Marie is ready. Taltōsh isn't pushy. :)


For those of you who remained in the dining hall a few minutes later you see Taltōsh return with a bleary eyed Marie. Angus addresses them, "Ahh I see you found her. Is everything alright?" He blinks hesitantly then looks at the others gathered. "Did anyone else find anything of interest."


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin just shakes his head as he watches Marie.


Angus looks back to Arasmes and Taltosh..."Did I hear you say something of a book? Someone tell me what is going on?" He brings his hand down on the table with loud SMACK!

Alia rushes over and he looks sheepish, "I'm sorry my friends, I am frustrated at the outcome of the battle. It is most unsettling, something wicked this way comes..." His eyes flash white for a moment as he speaks the last words and then he looks very tired.

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,346 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.