Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,346 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh moved closer to the room, so that he could see, but did not enter.

"I shall stay out here for now," he said.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Human Script writer, writer, artist and teacher

Gryfford stares at the girl lying on the floor, and an unsettling idea dawns on him.

"Is she gonna be all right ? I'm beginning to think she was standing behind the door when I broke through it and she fell backwards landing on the floor."


As Arasmes leans in and kisses the unconscious girl a dark glow flows into her and her eyes flutter open. She gasps when she sees you all at the door and attempts to stand, but only stumbles back a few steps.

"Please don't hurt me... I don't know anything... please!" her eyes glance back and forth between each of you, trying to size you up.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

We are not here to hurt you girl. Remain Calm.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"We told you before we had no intention of harming you, we are just looking for something important." Alexia says from the door, still not wishing to step inside the room yet.


male human

Gryfford puts his falchion back into its sheath.

"I am called Gryfford" he says to the young woman with a reassuring smile. "What is your name ?"


male human

Without waiting for her answer, he offers his hand to help her stand up.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arames interposes himself between Gryfford and the girl, facing Gryfford.

"Everyone back off, be quiet, and give her a chance to think!" he announces loudly. In a quieter voice he adds "We broke in, smashed down her door and knocked her unconcious. Let her look at us and realise we're not going to hurt her."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 - on the girl, not the group he just told to shut up.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia shrugs, leaning against the doorway while clutching Elorin's bow tightly. "I'd just like to point out while that could be it we don't yet have proof to trust her either." She glances over to Elorin, "Don't you have an ability to at least tell if she means foul business? I have heard holy warriors could do such things."


The girl looks terrified at the group, and attempts to stumble back farther. She reaches out her hand to grab the first thing she comes in contact with, which happens to be a piece of a broken chair. She swings the broken chair leg at Gryff..."I said stay back... I'll use this...I'm not afraid of you...!"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

I can make her sleep before she hurts herself...


male human

Gryfford takes a few steps back. He spreads his arms wide and holds out his empty hands to show he means no harm.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh sighed. From his vantage point, he could only see a part of what was happening, but felt that staying out of it was the best option for now.


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin looks the woman over.

Detect Evil


The young woman stumbles back and falls over one of the benches in her haste... landing on the ground again with a thud...


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia sighs softly, stepping forward as she hands Elorin the bow." Men step back... maybe she will be a little more trusting of her own gender." She walks forward, not too close though and kneels down near the woman. Pulling a glove off her right hand to show her birthmark, the symbol of Ketephys on it. She puts her hand out to the woman where she can see. "You seem to be someone of the temple, hopefully you recognize this, I've been a servant of Ketephys since my birth, I can almost promise you are not our quarry and have no reason to fear us."

I will make a note that she is making no attempt to actually touch the woman, just simply show and explain, the symbol is on the back of her hand... just realized that another in our group has a birthmark on their hand too so figured I should say hers is not on the palm like his.


The woman blinks at Alexia... "You are a servant of Ketephys? You are an elf? " Her eyes drift back to Arasmes and she shudders, but keeps the chair leg pointed at him.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Well... born among them yes... I am actually Aasimar though." Alexia answers with a slight smile.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Elven:
Ahhh, and the girl speaks. Can she walk? We need to be sure she is safe here.


male human

Gryfford notices the girl looking at Arasmes, and then looks at the white-haired man himself, before speaking to Adriel and to the others.

Elven (in a strange, rough accent):

"She seems awfully concerned about Arasmes. I think we'll need to dispel some misconceptions she might have about him. My guess is that she fears a lot the... what's that word Arasmes uses ? Ha, it doesn't translate so well... the "Twice-Born", in his own words... a fancy way to mean <Undead>, apparently."

Gryfford looks at the girl again, before speaking to her directly:

Elven (again with this grating accent):

"Do you speak Elven, by chance ? Boy, this would be mightfully awkward. But, really, we mean you no harm."

A pause. And then, murmuring to himself in a hoarse tongue much more suitable for shouting:

Hoarse Tongue:

"Goat's Rut ! Am I so frigthening to her ? Haaa, "puny humans", we sometimes are, indeed !"

For those who speak Elven:
Gryfford speaks in Orcish here, with the fluency of a native.


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin looks at Arasmes after Gryfford's comment, his eyes narrowing a bit.


The girl sits up when Alexia explains. "I'm sorry, If you truly follow Ketephys then I should allow you the benefit of the doubt. I have been here a long time. It makes me suspicious." She glances at Arasmes again.

Then in a near perfect Elven she speaks again, "Melen nomar Marie, iel drasti dol Angradd." A small smile crosses her lips.

Elven:
My name is Marie, and cleric of Angradd.

Gryff:
In broken Orc"It would be very awkward if I could understand you talking about me."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia smiles back at the woman, offering her hand this time. "Let me help you stand then, don't worry about Arasmes, he isn't here to harm anyone other then our intended targets as well."


male human

To Marie, in the hoarse tongue:

"Very pleased to meet you, Marie. And, hmm, sorry about your doors !"

Gryffords turns to Arasmes:

"Maybe you could explain to Marie here, - she's a cleric of Angradd, by the way - why we've come in her church, Arasmes."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Gryfford is trying to get her to trust me. The hate of the Light for the Dark is strong in her, I think.

"Well, there's a long story, a short story and a short-short story. I can see by Gryff's expression he wants the short-short story though."

"Once upon a time there was an evil Haeomvore. He wanted an amulet that would let him do bad things. This amulet was hidden somewhere. A group of brave heroes tracked down clues to get to the amulet first. The clues all pointed to an old church. The heroes went in to the church, and there they found a girl already there, hiding behind a locked door."

"'Let us in!' Cried the heroes, but the girl said no. Again and again the heroes tried to reason with her, but still she said no. Finally Alexia got the unrelentingly handsome Gryff to break down the door! But alas! The girl was knocked out! Quick Arasmes leapt forward and healed her by channeling the power of the Dark!"

Arasmes sighs

"I'm sworn to this quest, and I keep my word. You don't have to like me Marie, you don't even have to trust me. You can trust my companions though. They're a bit naive, but they're trying to save people."


male human

"Naive ! Ha ! The word you're searching for here, Arasmes is "charming" Gryfford says with a charming smile.

Speaking to Marie: "The haemovore in question is one "Nikolaï."

Gryfford's face hardens

"That Nikolaï is truly a monster, in all senses of the word. And he has other monsters, like werewolves, to aid him in his vile endeavors.
The others and me we gathered initially at the call of Angus Mac Darrow, dwarf paladin of Erastil in the nearby town of Sandpoint. Mac Darrow's ancestor has battled this Nikolaï in the past, and we sort of continue this battle."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia chuckles softly, her hand still extended to the woman. "Yes, yes, It was my idea to break the door down, I apologize for the result injuring you but please let me help you stand."


Angus steps forward and you realize that he hadn't been with you until just now. "Goodness, what is going on in here?" He looks at the splintered door and Marie.

The girl accepts Alexia's hand and stands up. "You must be Master McDarrow? I'm sorry again, But I am the only cleric left in this temple. And to be quite frank I am not fully a cleric. I was apprenticed here and my master was called away quite urgently on a mission. I've been watching over the temple in his absence." She looks nervous and shy.

She looks to Arasmes at his story, "What clues have you followed to get here? If what you say is true, I'm not sure what I could do to help, but I will try."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

What the hells? Mac Darrow? Chatterbeak where did he come from?

Adriel puts some distance between him and Angus and readies ear piercing
screamPerception- is it Angus? His eyes were milky blind only recently or any other cues?1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh was likewise startled by the paladin's sudden appearance, as the sorcerer had been the closest to the way down.


"I got stopped I couldn't figure out how you got down here. The hole was small enough it took me a while." He rests his hand on his hammer and squints around the large room.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

We have found someone..no sign of anything else yet.

Ariel wonders just how blind the Oracle/Paladin Really was?


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Taltōsh wondered about the paladin, but figured it was just his imagination.

"It is good to see you Master McDarrow."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Indeed." Alexia agrees.


Marie dusts herself off and begins to look around the room.

"So you're out to stop a vampire. What brought out to this temple?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Research at the Great Library in Magnimar," Taltōsh said abruptly from his place in the hallway.

"It indicated that there was some link between the vampire we seek and this temple, which was supposed to be abandoned," he added pointedly.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes realises his presence is not helping and starts drifting around the room, poking and prying while the others talk.

Guidance, Detect Magic. Try taking 20, if can't try taking 10, if stressful roll.
Perception (take 20=24) (take 10=14) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"As I gather what they said is true. If it helps us find the vampire then this trip was worth making."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

You have yet to reveal what YOU are doing here miss


male human

Gryfford nods at the somber elf's comment. He looks at Marie and smiles expectantly.


Arasmes:
As you look around the room you find that there are various items of note. Many religious artifacts and books. You find yourself drawn to one particular stack of books. The first two are heritage journals from famous Religious pilgrims. The third is a book on Important figures and the fourth has no writing on the cover... it is simply a book with a grey leathery cover. The pages inside are yellowed and frayed, and the words are in a language you aren't familiar with."

"Uh, as I mentioned before I'm holding the fort for my mentor. He left a few weeks ago on an urgent mission and I am maintaining the place in his absence." She looks around nervously and then sits down shaking her head."I'm sorry I must have hit my head pretty hard. Now what were you told would be here?"

Angus moves over and squints to look at her. "My grandfather Alastair stayed here when he first arrived in this world. I visited him here when I was very very young. There might be something here of value relating to my grandfather. May we look for it?"


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

DM:
Casually start "reading" it, and keep wandering. Aim to end up near Taltosh.


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin maintains his stance near the door as the others talk to the young lady.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

You have been here long? and why only 2 of you? We understood this place to be abandoned.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia is going to move towards the doorway and glance out towards the hallway. These closed in spaces are too easy to be trapped inside.... She ponders to herself with a slight frown.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Noticing Alexia's unease, Taltōsh moved a little further in the hall and maintained a wary stance.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

LOL, shes just not a fan of enclosed spaces, being a bow ranger and all.


"This temple was abandoned. In fact many years ago there was a town right near where we stand today. There was a horrible massacre in the town and over half the population were killed. The town was settled to be demolished to eliminate the reminder of that day. The clerics stayed around to aid the people who worked in the demolition."

Marie gets up and begins to walk around sorting papers and books as she goes. "It was after this that all the clerics moved on to different temples in the area. However five years ago Father Meldin decided reopen this location in the hopes of drawing more to Angradd's following. He got here to find the place in shambles. I was sent from Magnimar as a mere acolyte to help the Father rebuild. We started working down here and then will move upstairs once we have completed the basement renovations."She smiles and looks at you.

Taltosh:
You notice that Arasmes has been steadily moving closer to you, and is reading from a book.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

DM Awesome & Arasmes:

When the young dhampir was close enough, Taltōsh whispered, "What are you reading?"


male human

"Could it be that this massacre you're talking about had something to do with Nikolaï ?" Gryfford asks.

"What really happened here ? And if you don't know: are there documents here or somewhere else who could reveal it to us ?"

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,346 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.