Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,346 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Chatterbeak, help me look along the walls will you?

Adriel moves along inspecting seams, looking for a secret door.
Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Yes Master, Chatterbeak is good at finding things

ooc]Perception[/ooc]1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"I will search as well," Taltōsh said quietly as he moved to examine the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia will begin to carefully survey over the room. You dorks... take 20! LOL

I will take 20 is I am allowed to, 20+9=29

If I have to roll.... 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Shrugging Arasmes aids Alexia in her careful survey.
"I think you missed a spot." He points out 'helpfully'.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


male human

"I don't think there's any hidden passageway in this library" Gryfford says with confidence.

He launches a purse on the table.

"I found this: there's approximatively 50 gold pieces in there. Of course, we'll give it back if we find good people around here."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"There is still more to explore."

A little confused as the explanation of the area but I guess there is another hallway to go down?


ok the hallways make a t shape. The top of the t is the library and the bottom is where you've come from. To your left is another wooden door and to the right is a hallway leading down about 20ft.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Aha then I would check the hallway to the right


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes will go with Alexia


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel, not being a combatant, stays at the rear near.his allies.
Whichever you prefer, I am with you.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh stayed in the back, with Adriel, keeping a general lookout in all directions.


As you travel down the hallway you don't see anything out of the ordinary. You come to a set of closed double doors. They are wooden inlaid with iron around the corners and edges.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Hmm... any magic off these?" She asks, glancing back at Arasmes.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Detect Magic

I'll check.

Adriel couldn't help shake a bad feeling about all this.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes fights down the urge to compete with Adriel.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia is going to carefully check over the door otherwise to see if there is any mundane thing to worry about on it.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Was sure I posted already

There is no magic on the door Alexia.

The anticipation was worrying. It was too quiet.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Hmm... locked." She mumbles softly, putting her bow away she suddenly reaches a hand up to... knock on the door.
"Hello in there? I am Alexia... If you aren't undead then its likely we mean you no harm... please answer."


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin shakes his head after Alexia knocks on the door. "Six armed intruders break down your door, even fall through your roof, then ask you to come out of your hiding place. Either an ambush awaits us in there or we have scared an innocent being nearly to death."
The paladin lowers his bow and goes to the middle of the room. He turns towards the door and speaks loudly to whomever may be waiting on the other side. "It may not seem like it but we come in peace. We are here to search this old temple and thought it abbandoned, we truely mean you no harm. Please speak to us and you shall be treated fairly. You have my word as a paladin of the goddess Sarenrae that it will be so."


male human

Gryfford awaits a possible answer from behind the door with his comrades, poised and relaxed, but ready to draw his falchion if the need arises.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh said nothing, as the others were doing a better job of it anyway.

He patiently waited, keeping an eye on the way they came, just in case.


You hear a timid voice from the other side, "I don't know what you want, but GO AWAY!" Then the sound of shuffling can be heard and scraping as if something is being moved against the door. "There are a hundred of us in here and we're not afraid of you or whoever sent you!"


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

"Unfortunitly we can not just go away friend, lives are at stake and we must act. Please, we do not wish to damage you home any more, but we will do what we must. I will have the others back out to the next room and will speak to you unarmed if you will just come out. Do you agree?"


male human

"But Elorin, aren't you concerned you're going to be surrounded by one hundred bloodthirsty (and awfully silent to boot) critters, once the door opens ?" Gryfford whispers to the paladin, trying very hard not to laugh aloud.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"I hardly think you have a hundred, I only heard one. We do need to search this place and would rather do it peacefully, please let us. It's important we do before someone worse comes along who isn't so nice about it." She motions Gryff closer, "...if they don't let us in...." She trails off softly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


male human

Gryfford nods to Alexia, before motioning the group to back a little off the door, and out of the hallway so as to let Elorin try his peaceful alternative.

He absent-mindedly makes some stretching movements, though, obviously prepared to nock the door open.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh complied, moving back out of the way.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Remain Careful.

Adriel kept his sword out but moved out into the hall as instructed.
The paladin could likely look after himself.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Gryff - have we found anything to use as a ram or a crowbar?" Arasmes asks quietly.


male human

"Not as such, Arasmes, but... I have been testing some... unorthodox combat moves lately, during my morning routine."

Seemingly by its own volition, Gryfford's right hand softly plays along the edge of his falchion's scabbard. The tenderness of the gesture is a little disconcerting for those unused to seeing it.

"If our friend behind the door remains deaf to our gentle paladin's entreaties, I've got a good mind to sunder the problem."


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin turns to alexia and holds out his bow before quietly wisperind in elvish, "Please take care of this. He then takes his scimitar and other weapons off and places them just outside the door.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia raises an eyebrow slightly, taking the bow from Elorin. "You're crazy to go completely unarmed here." She finally replies back to him in elven before taking a few steps back with the bow in hand and shaking her head.


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

The paladin shrugs his shoulder before replying. "The Dawn flower's will shall be done."


The voice yells again from the other side, "No! I won't open this door! I can't be sure you are who you say you are!"

You hear the sound of wood being moved around and then a loud crash.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Oh for the love of... can we just break this door down now? He obviously isn't going to open it." Alexia suddenly says flatly with a note of annoyance.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel gives a nod.
This is getting us nowhere.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes calls upon the power of the Dark, places his hand on Gryfford's shoulder and lets it flood into him.
Casting Guidance on Gryfford
"Destroy it."


male human

Gryfford's falchion seems to leap into his hands of its own accord, and in a blur of practiced warrior's motion he launches himself at the door, all the momentum and speed of his movement being transferred from his pivoting haunches to his arms and then to his blade - which strikes squarely and with great strength right at the middle of the wooden door.

Gryfford Sunders the door: 20 + 8 + 1 + 1 = 30
Falchion's sundering (critical) damage on the door: 4d4 + 18 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 4) + 18 = 30

Sunder manoeuver:

"If your target is immobilized, unconscious, or otherwise incapacitated, your maneuver automatically succeeds (treat as if you rolled a natural 20 on the attack roll)."


With a great crash the doors splinter under Gryff's blow. Shards of wood fly into the room and the iron hinges groan and creak as they give way.

When you look into the room it appears to be a large chamber with many benches and a full sized statue at the other end. Along the walls are tables with books and candles.

In the main aisle between the benches lies the motionless body of a young woman with reddish hair. Her clothes consist of a simple cleric's robe, and a pair of sandals.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes runs to the woman

@DM:
trying to see if she is dead, or has just fainted.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel enters the room behind Gryff, not being drawn in by the woman, he and and Chatterbeak both scan the room for enemies.

Adriel Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Chatterbeak Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

The room seems clear. Check her.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

DM:
untrained heal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

DM:
Using Death's Kiss, then inflict light wounds. Death's kiss means she'll heal

Arasmes kisses the woman, then raises his head, hand on the top of her head and speaks arcane words
spellcraft DC 16:

Inflight Light Wounds 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Hang on guys... this could be a trap...." Alexia calls softly from the door.


male human

Gryfford walks into the room, his falchion still drawn, his eyes searching for clues as to what happened to the young woman.

Perception check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin calmly retrieves his weapons and prepaires for battle. does she require healing?


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia sighs softly, remaining in the doorway. "You all should bear in mind that someone WAS talking and moved furniture in here... I really think this is some kind of trap."


male human

"If you're right, Alexia, it should spring right now" Gryfford says, alert and ready but not tense.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,346 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.