Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


901 to 950 of 1,346 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Down then, I suppose.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"I am a fairly good climber and I see quite well in the dark... would you like me to go down first?" Alexia asks, moving to open the trapdoor.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

DM:
Will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

From the kitchen's entrance Taltōsh replied, "If you are willing, Lady Alexia."

"Know that I can produce magical light if needed--which I will need if I am to follow into the dark."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia nods and smiles slightly, "Of course. I don't need the light yet though so just bring it with you when you are ready."

Waiting before I go down to see whats going on with Arasmes


male human

As the others inspect the kitchen, Gryfford takes a closer look at the statue on the altar.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel addresses the two newer members.
I can make most things within 30ft fall asleep. A quiet death of a sentry might be preferred to loud combat to maintain surprise, if your faith permits.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"We should at least look and see if there is anything to put to sleep first... no need to waste valuable magic if there is nothing immediately there to cast it upon hmm?"


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin looks at Adriel then back to the trap door. "I will fight fairly when the fight is fair, and I will strike quickly and without mercy when it is not." He puases for a moment and takes a deep breath
before continueing. "We hunt a master vampire capable of great evil. If they are allies of his, of their own free will, it will mark their soul. Please allow time for The Dawn Flower to show me this and I will strike them down myself."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

If you can do it quietly in a single stroke, go ahead. Otherwise, give me a hand signal and I'll whisper via a MESSAGE spell. If you want them slumbering, reply and I'll do it. The power is not a spell and doesn't run out, but I can try it once per foe per day. If they resist, just use the old fashioned method.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh admired the convictions of their newest allies.

I hope I prove a worthy companion to such as these, he thought, adjusting his hood to further conceal the burn scars beneath.

Perhaps they will be as understanding of my disfigurement as the others have already proven to be.


Arasmes:
As you attempt to cross the threshold, you feel as though your mind and body are being rejected by the building. You find yourself stumbling back unable to move yourself into the temple.

As you descend down through the trapdoor, you find yourselves in a dark room.If you use light you see this It's clear that this part of the cellar is some sort of extension of the kitchen. There is another cauldron laying upside down in one corner as well as another rack filled with bottles of alcohol. Off to one side is a small wooden door. There is a large cupboard across from the cauldron.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Do you see anything?" whispered Taltōsh.


male human

Knowledge check to learn something about the statue (roll capped at 10): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Or I could see it without light...darkvision

"Seems to be some sort of cellar... there is a door to the other side... you'll want to bring a light down."

Alexia is going to check the cupboard while everyone else comes down.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Wait - there's some kind of ward. Don't touch anything."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel freezes in place.
Where?

When Arasmes points it out, Adriel casts Detect Magic +Spellcraft1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"At the door. I think it is reacting to my link to the Dark."

Arasmes pauses for a second and continues "If that's true, then Nikolai could not have gotten in. That suggests he's sent us here to bring something out, or disturb something, or break the ward. Nobody touch anything, or disturb anything, or open anything, or come out."

There is an artificial calm in Arasmes' voice

"But nothing stops him from being out here. If I were him I'd be waiting out here for us."

Arasmes looks at the sky
How long till sundown?


male human

"I hope you're wrong about Nikolaï whereabouts, Arasmes" Gryfford says, his voice tense.

"It's a bit too late not to touch anything..." the warrior adds ruefully.

"Anyway, in case that can help decipher the riddle of this place: this here statue " he points to the statue on the altar "is in the likeness of Angradd, the dwarven god who watches over battles and decides the destinies of dwarven spirits."

"Luckily, I happen to know a few things about warrior deities in general" Gryfford murmurs mostly to himself.


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin takes a moment and scans what he can see from his position

detect evil


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
Adriel Mistleaf wrote:

Adriel freezes in place.

Where?

When Arasmes points it out, Adriel casts Detect Magic +Spellcraft1d20+8

AnythingGM?


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Sorry everyone. I didn't notice before but the walls in there entirety emit a faint protective aura. The place could be warded or maybe it's just under a consecrate effect? Arasmas, do you normally have trouble entering the churches of good gods?


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Well, while I haven't made a practice of entering Churches of the Light, this isn't a problem I've encountered - though I remember my mother talking about it happening once when she was tracking a murderer."

"Could someone maybe tell me what you've found inside?"
happy for someone to say they tell Arasmes rather than having to describe everything again


male human

Gryfford makes a concise summary to Arasmes of what the party has found inside the building.

"Taltosh, Alexia and Elorin are currently exploring a hidden cellar they found under the kitchen's floor tiles" Gryfford concludes.

"So far, I didn't heard any sounds of battle from below."

"I think it's best that I stay above ground - especially if you fear Nikolaï's presence around the building, Arasmes."


Ok...DM is curious... what are you doing? waiting or going forward?


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes is waiting out here
"Gryfford; did you say there was an area that looked like it had been used?"


male human

"Alexia said the living area looks like it's been used, yes" Gryfford answers Arasmes.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

I checked the cupboard before they said to stop >.>


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Hmmm. Possibly the ward does not cover the whole place? Is there a door to that area?"

Arasmes looks up again
"I don't think Nikolai himself will be out here. But he might have minions who area."

sigh
"I'm not sure we have time to be careful."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Is it worth Arasmes and Gryff remain here while the the rest of us check below? Not too far of course.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"I'll head up to the roof. You lot keep looking - but don't break the ward! I think the Amulet might be in there - don't touch it till we're ready."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

With four glowing spheres lighting the way, Taltōsh went down into the basement to look around.

Calling up he said, "We shouldn't wander too far, in case someone needs help."

The hooded sage then examined the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Basement
Now in the light you can see inside the cabinet are scrolls and books of various sizes. You see nothing out of the ordinary for the cellar of a kitchen. See previous post for specific details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Upstairs

Arasmes:
If you're going to the roof I'm gonna need a climb check.

Gryff:
What are you doing while they search downstairs?


male human

"Well, Arasmes: shout if you need help !" Gryfford advises the dhampir.

He then goes into the small living chamber with the four beds along the wall, after the right passageway, to get a look at the books on the table, and to pry open the chest which is on the same table.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Very well, I'll stay with Gryff.

This is bad. We should not split up.


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

"Taltosh... are any of these scrolls magical? Could you see?" She gestures to the scrolls in the cupboard.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes checks the horses' bags for a short length of rope.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Let me check," the sage replied.

He muttered a minor incantation and drew symbols in the air.

Taltōsh casts detect magic

DM Awesome:

If they are magic, he'll examine them thoroughly in order to identify them. He will need to roll Spellcraft checks for each. Just let me know. :)


init:+5, AC:17, HP:18, F:+5 R:+5 W:+5, Perception:+2

Elorin watches as the others leave then nods his head, slings his bow and draws his scimitar. "I stand ready. Let us continue."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

After examining the scrolls, the sage said, Alexis, while they are magical, the scrolls are divine rituals for temple use."

"Unfortunately, they would not be useful to us in our endeavor."


Female Aasimar Ranger 2 : AC17 : HP 16/16

Alexia nods slightly, "Alright then... we should check the door over there but it might be better to wait for the others."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Agreed," Taltōsh replied.

"Perhaps we should join them upstairs?"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

I am with gryff , how is he going with the chest


male human

Gryfford opens the chest with ease.

DM Awesome:
Fortitude save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arames wanders back with fifty feet of rope, making a lasso.
Taking aim and squinting at the sky he attempts to throw the loop around the Belltower.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

climb with acp 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11


Arasmes barely makes it up the side of the old building and finds himself on a rickety roof with wooden tiles covering it. He can see where the chimney off the living quarters is about 60 ft ahead.

Meanwhile in the living quarters as Gryff opens the lid a flash goes off but he manages to avert his eyes and avoid being blinded. When he opens the chest he sees a stack of books and papers as well as a few vials. There are also two clerical tunics.

So T and Alexia are coming upstairs?


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

If Alexia doesn't object, then yes, we'll join Gryfford.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes takes a moment to survey the area around him. He sighs when he sees the chimney, recalling a story his mother told him about a vampire, some bats and a chimney. In an effort to avoid having to risk falling off by heading over to it he tries levering off one of the wooden tiles (to see if the ward covered only the door).


male human

"I found these" Gryfford says to the others, while pointing to the inside of the chest.

He hands the vials over to Adriel and Taltosh for identification, and flips through the books and papers to see what they are about.

901 to 950 of 1,346 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.