Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


751 to 800 of 1,346 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Can I get initiative from everyone else?

You see a wolf charge forward down the street. Followed close behind by two others.

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

ArasmesInit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
YolkInit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


male human

"You mean: try to leave our heads intact !" Gryfford shouts to Arasmes with grim humour.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"If I have to tell you that, you're not half the fighter I took you for!"
From Arasmes' banter he seems strangely unconcerned about the wolves.

Dang misssing that werewolf roll at the start...


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Make your attacks at range if you wish. I will try to slumber any within 30ft. If they fall a blade through the heart will do it.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Initiative Order:
23 - Adriel
18 - Yolk (@ DM Awesome - Are you gonna bot him if he doesn't chime in?)
17 - THE WOLVES
12 - Arasmes
06 - Gryfford (Higher bonus)
06 - Taltōsh (Lower bonus, **sigh**)

"My magic missile targets the center mass, so avoiding the head will not be an issue."


The lead wolf is 30ft the others are 40. I rolled his will and he saved. Initiative looks like: Adriel, Yolk, Wolves,Arasmes, Gryff, and lastly Taltōsh.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

How many wolves are there in total?


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

That's fine repeat the hex on Round 2 on another wolf. I love hexes cause tjey have a dc equal.to my best spell level and they don't get spent like spells do.


Three wolves, and curse your hexes :P lol just kidding. Actually other than the tourney is this the first combat?

Yolk draws his crossbow and shoots in at the lead wolf Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The wolf dodges at the last second and the bolt whizzes past it. The lead wolf stops and the others do like wise. The fur begins to shift and you see it lurch up onto its hind paws which elongate and allow for easier standing. It looks at your group. "Master says you ought to stay out of his business if you know what's good for you. Let this be a warning." The lycanthrope lets out a loud howl and gestures as the other two in wolf form dart forward.

AdrielAttack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
AdrielDamage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

YolkAttack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
YolkDamage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Unless you count the scuffle with the zombies at the farm, then yes.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Ha! He missed. Go to sleep in round 2! And Hexes don't provoke! Nah! Nah!


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes smiles, and gets his dog out, then raises his hand.
Channeling negative energy, 1d6 ⇒ 4 Saved Will DC 15. Ignoring Adriel, Yolk, Gryfford and Taltosh
Suddenly the wolves are flooded with the awesome power of The Dark

Speaking to his dog Arasmes says "Protect Adriel"

Move action to get dog down?

Can dog aid other Adriel's defence?


male human

"I am putting you out of business, creature !" Gryfford shouts while striking at the lead wolf.

Falchion (power) attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Falchion damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh stepped back and muttered an arcane incantation while waving his free hand. As the eldritch energy reached it's peak, the sage pointed his finger at the lead wolf and released a silver arrow of pure force, which smashed into the wolf.

The magic missile inflicts 4 points of force damage to it. See the first post on this page for the roll (Post 751).


Will1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Will2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Will3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

The wolves shudder with pain as the dark energy washes over them. I'll allow those actions Arasmes

Gryfford strikes out with his blade, but just misses his target. The arrow of light strikes into the first wolf knocking him back a few steps.

Sleep: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

He growls angrily and begins to charge forward and as he does so his eyes droop and he falls flat on the ground

Yolk casts bless!

The other wolves bite in again at their targets: Adrielattack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 AdrielDamage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 ArasmesAttack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 ArasmesDamage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arames sees the wolf yawn and fall.
Spellcraft 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Not knowing how this spell works, once again Arasmes channels, moving himself to try to help someone get behind a wolf.
1d6 ⇒ 5 DC 15 as above


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Arasmes! He's asleep. Just run him through or kill the others first!!


male human

Without pausing, Gryfford sidesteps the sleeping wolf and tries to hit the wolf to his left, his falchion moving in a blurry arc through the air.

Falchion (power) attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Falchion damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17

attempt to confirm critical: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Falchion damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 4) + 9 = 15

EDIT:I forgot to add the Bless effect from Yolk.


Let me just say you don't need it.

Gryfford's blade sinks deep into the wolf and it falls to the ground bleeding perilously.

Adriel's up."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh stepped back again, and let fly another bolt of silver force at the lead wolf creature.

Magic missile damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Adriel turns and focuses his stare at the last foe and uses Slumber on the last werewolf.


Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The hybrid wolf howls in pain as the silver bolt connects with it. Seeing his comrade bleeding out and the other one hit the ground asleep, he growls and darts off reverting to his wolf form. You see him disappear into the increasingly darkening night.

The one wolf is unconscious and the other is asleep. WHat are you going to do?


male human

"No one is injured ? That went rather well."

Gryfford peers into the dusk's gloom.

Perception check to see if there are other nasty things around: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

"I must admit I'm a little miffed that our enemy can strike us seemingly at leisure."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh stepped forward and examined the wolves.

"Should we end these creatures?" he asked the others.

"If they are normal wolves, they are still dangerous. If not..." the sage pointed to the silver tip of his new spear.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

I would end it. They are dangerous by nature and thier powers make them more so. I would not want the lives of Sandpoints innocent at risk. The jail may not be able to containa pair of shapeshifters. They ARE monsters.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Dog." commands Arasmes
"Track."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh motioned for Gryfford to end the unconscious wolf, while he finished off the other using his silver spear.

Coup de Grace. I know Gryfford said that he'd take direction.

Then, for good measure, Taltōsh also stabbed the one Gryfford dealt with, just in case.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

I will not be able to slumber that one again today. Did anybody get hurt?


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"I don't believe so," replied the hooded sage after he and Gryfford finished off the wolves.


As your blades drive life from the wolves bodies... they both morph back to naked human males. The one who was bleeding looks up at Taltōsh, "Thank you...you've saved us...kill him...you must..." his eyes glaze over and his head lolls back on the ground.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

scent +4 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 - not sure what the modifiers are. Dog is at half speed (20ft)


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh crouched down to close the man's eyes.

Quietly he said, "We most certainly shall."

The sage then moved to stand next to Arasmes as the animated dog attempted to pick up the wolf's trail.


male human

Gryfford sweeps his blade clean, and then goes to stand next to Arasmes and Taltosh.

He looks somber after having heard the dying wolf-man last words.


The small skeledog trots off sniffing the ground. As you follow him he rounds the bend and you see him stop and then take off running. He comes to a halt in an alley in front of a pile of dark steaming excrement. The dog sniffs it then turns and looks up at you.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"I believe that our werewolf has given us the slip," Taltōsh said, wrinkling his nose beneath his cowl.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Adriel sighs, Well, our prey is either a coward or a genius..


male human

"Well, I suggest we go to the temple straight away, and rest so as to be ready for tomorrow" Gryfford says.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Very well. If this hunt is dead let's go. Did anyone check the bodies of those wolves for clues? We should look.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes looks nonplussed for a minute, then sighs.
"Good idea, Adriel."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Yes, let us hasten back there," Taltōsh said.


male human

Gryfford accompanies his friends back to the creatures' bodies, and keeps guard while they search for clues.

Perception check to keep guard: 1d20 ⇒ 3


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Adriel is quite effocient in his robb...searching of the werewolves. Stripping them down to thier strides..(if they are clothed at all)


You don't find anything when you search the body.

You head back to the temple and find it quiet as it is late in the day. There doesn't seem to be anyone awake. You make your way to your rooms and settle in for the night. When sleep arrives so does another vision:

A large mansion style home looms large in front of your eyes. Clouds drift across a starry sky. The dark figure of Nikolai moves silently through the front doors. The vision follows him down a long corridor stopping at a stone statue in the wall.

"It has been too long since I was home last. " He move a hand to a series of runes around the statue. The runes begin to glow with a red light and the statues eyes do the same. The stone creatures jaw grinds and moves slowly. "Maaaaasterrrr....." The creature's voice is grating and deep. It moves its arms slowly and steps out from the wall area.

"Sheldon, my oldest servant...how good to see you.You've kept the place well I trust?" Nikolai addresses the stone man.

"Assss requested Maaaasterrrr...." Nikolai smiles with a malevolent grin. The two figures walk down the hallway and darkness descends once again.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Adriel awakes, again in a cold sweat. The dream clinging to him.
Chatterbeak awakes as well-What's wrong, Master?
Adriel looks to the bird, The Vampire has come home...


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh awoke with a start. Nikolai has some sort of stone construct at his bidding!

DM Awesome:

Kn-Arcana (to ID construct): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Well, that was a lame roll! :P


male human

Gryfford awakes with a bad taste in his mouth.

That's very disturbing, being privy to this monster's actions...


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"I do hope this mystical link is one way" Arasmes remarks to no-one as he recovers from his latest dream, heart hammering.

Sigh. I'll never get back to sleep now.

Arasmes springs out of bed with the energy of a nocturnal hunter on an adrenaline rush, and tracks down Taltosh's door.

Knock! Knock!

"Taltosh? Are you awake?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Regrettably, yes," Taltōsh replied with a sigh.

A few moments later, the sage opened his door.

"Arasmes, please come in." he said, gesturing for his companion to enter.

"I surmise that you also had another vision as well, this one including Nikolai's animated servant, Sheldon."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes chuckles a little
"You know, there's a time a statement that specific about my dreams would have had me worried you could read my mind."

The humour drops from his face
"If you could read my mind, you'd know I'm worried this link we have with Nikolai might be two way. What if he is the reason we've been having these visions?"

751 to 800 of 1,346 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.