Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


701 to 750 of 1,346 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Well, I've never used a sword in my life - so it isn't me!"


male human

"I am exclusive to my falchion" Gryfford says definitely.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Well, perhaps I shall just hold it until a good oppurtunity to sell it comes up perhaps?

Adriel takes the blade places it in his sheath and will put his mundane blade wrapped with the gear in thier wagon. Later on, as they travel he casts DETECT MAGIC and attempts to identify it's magical properties.

Spellcraft: Take 1010 + 8 = 18


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh smiled beneath his hood when Adriel cast the spell. I believe that he will find that a most suitable weapon.

"So, are we going to investigate the structure that Adriel located on that map?" the sage inquired of the others.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

GM - did i work out the sword?

That would be a good next step. It might be worth everyone pooling our rescources on a Wand of Cure light wounds before we leave. I'd rather not have our 2 clerics spending thier prayers on healing when they could be smiting enemies. ESPECIALLY since our foe is undead and maybe a wand of Protection from Evil. I am happy to sell both swords to help payfor it.


male human

"I'm okay with the healing wand. Just tell me how much is needed. And the wand of protection from Evil is okay too, if we have enough gold to pay for it.".


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes sighs
"Why is it that the Lands of Light that only the Channeled Light can heal? I am more than happy to demonstrate otherwise. Still, a wand like that could be a potent weapon against one of the twice-born such as Nikolai."

Arasmes looks meaningfully towards the sun, though his eyes are closed.
"That said, I suspect our timing will be everything. We should arrive at this structure just after sunrise - that gives us the most time while out quarry will be incapacitated by the Light. I'm sorry Adriel, I'm just not sure we have the time to look for a seller and buyer of magical artefacts"

Taltosh:

Arasmes takes Taltosh aside
"I saw that you were quite injured in the match. If the armour bears some enchantment, perhaps you might consider wearing it?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Arasmes:

"I was more protected by magic during the match than the armor can provide," Taltōsh replied quietly.

"Unfortunately, my opponent was just that good. In the future, I'll endeavor to stay out of harm's way."

"We passed through a market on the way into town, so we must pass through it on the way out as well, if that helps with the decision," suggested the hooded sage.


Angus looks up, "I know of a few places in Sandpoint we could collect items if need be. It has been a while since I traveled with adventurers. I forget how taxing it can be." He chuckles to himself.

You continue down the road and reach Sandpoint at about 5 in the evening. When you arrive at the temple Angus turns to you, "What were you needing again, if we work quickly perhaps we can get it before the shops close."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"We would need to sell the enchanted sword," Taltōsh said.

"Then we would need to purchase a wand that provides healing and a wand that can protect us from evil."

"Also, there is the matter of the enchanted armor. It is unsuitable for Adriel or myself. It also appears that the armor--although magic--is still inferior to what the others are wearing."

"Perhaps that should be sold as well. Potions of healing would be good as well."


"Ahh...hmm. Go see Delvard near the market square. His shop is easy to find. Tell him that I sent you, perhaps he will favor you. I must return to the temple, meet me there when you are finished." Alia leads Angus off helping him in his blinded condition.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Well, between both the Sword and Armor, we should have enough. I was gifted a wand of Summoning back at the temple in Magnimar that we might sell. Good spell but this tier of power won't last more than 6 seconds a cast. We should see this contact.


male human

Gryfford goes to the market square with his comrades.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh accompanied the others as they went to the market square in search of Delvard.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes follows Taltosh


So descriptive... :P Sorry for the delay.

It's not very far from the temple to the market square. You see the small shop Angus mentioned on the side.

When you enter you see a tall thin elf wearing a blue tunic and dark colored pants. His dark hair is cut short and his eyes light up when he sees you. "Ahh customers, I was just thinking of closing up. How can I help you?"


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Adriel places the armor, wand of summoning and magic.longsword.on the counter.
We look like to trade, Angus McDarrow said this was the best place for what we would sell. How much can you offer for these? We would also enquire if you had Wands of Curing and Protection from evil?

He stands back to allow the elf to examine the gear.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh stood silently while the merchant appraised the items the group had brought to him.


The elf smiles, "But of course." He looks over the items. I can give you... hmm 200 platium for the lot of it. We can whittle that down, yes..."[/b] He reaches to the shelf behind him and pulls down several vials. "That's 4 potions, and uh..." He disappears into the backroom. and comes out with two small jars. "And I'll throw in some restorative ointment.That leaves you with oh..100 platinum. Will that be acceptable?"


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Should I ask if he has anything for one of the darkborn? Arasmes ponders


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh frowned, although no one could see it beneath his cowl. Did not Adriel just ask about wands of curing and protection from evil?

Aloud, in his most soothing voice, he said, "Sir, do you have any wands? My esteemed companion--" the sage motioned toward Adriel, "--inquired about a wand of curing and a wand of protection from evil."


male human

Gryfford looks at the potions on the table.

"Yeah, those look awfully like potions !"


"Oh yes, I'm terribly sorry...uh..." He digs around in a bin for a moment..."Here we are, 2 wands." He retrieves two thin wands. "There now..thats uh....500gp left. Will there be anything else?"


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

That will be.sufficient. Keep the potions. We only wand the wands. Thankfully most of us can use them and I believe Gryff here would rather swing that falchion that drink a potion during a fight.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

The hooded sage spoke up, "What do the 'restorative ointments' do?"


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes waits until the storekeep is talking to Taltosh then leans in to Adriel and says quietly
"Are they fully charged?"


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

I should hope.so.

Varrel casts detect magic and examines the wands,
Spellcraft1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


At the mention of leaving the potions he seems disappointed. "Ahh, very well... That makes your total... 150 platinum." He drops the coins into a pouch and hands it to you.
"Pleasure doing business with you, please come back soon."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6
Taltōsh wrote:

The hooded sage spoke up, "What do the 'restorative ointments' do?"

Taltōsh raised his voice slightly and repeated his question. "What do the 'restorative ointments' do?"


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Adriel, having seen.his mother make such things in the past pipes in.
Quite a bit actually. They can heal wounds but the wand is better for that. They are good for removing disease. I diseases are reasonably slow acting however so I would leave them for now at look perhaps in keeping the 150 platinum. Could you reccommend a good smith, Sir?

I believe you melee types could use some Masterwork Weapons. +1 to attack for only 300gp is nice. I often skip magic +1 weapons altogether, since you only miss one damage. Cold Iron and Alchemical Silver is also relatively cheap. I say we get you boys some gear...

He says, while winking to Asmares, The wands are perfect, thankyou.

Who wants to carry the wands. One of the clerics needs the protection from evil and Probably better an ARMORED cleric carries the cure wand. I will avoid melee and wands don't provoke AOO's soo...


male human

"Aye, a smith would be good."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Gryfford, how will 'Sharpest' react to being supplanted?" Taltōsh asked, a smile evident in his voice, even though they could not see his face.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Actually, there may be an alternative. A spell I believe. I cannot cast it.
He looks back at the shopkeep. There wouldn't be a caster in town capable.of a Masterwork Transformation spell would there?


male human

Gryfford looks a little embarrased.

"Well, it's true that I've had this blade for a long time. I'm used to it."

He shuffles his feet.

"This "masterwork transformation" that you speak of, Adriel, could be the perfect solution. But if nobody can cast this spell in town, I could try another falchion blade, I suppose..."

"I'll manage the transition, if need be" Gryfford concludes resolutely.


"Of course sir, there are individuals who could help you with those. However I would huurry, many shops will be closing up for the evening soon." He points to a map on the wall and shows you the locations of the items.

WOuld you guys like to RP the weapons or just assume you got them?


male human

Let us assume !


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

There's still the question of new Mwk Falchion (375gp) vs. getting Sharpest "upgraded" to Mwk (360gp), but time and availability could be an issue.

"Thank you, good sir," Taltōsh replied.

As they hurried off, the sage said, "It might be expensive, but if we can find a quality silver-tipped spear, that would make me feel better."

Mwk (Alchemical) Silver Spear = 482gp, less 1gp if they take the regular spear on trade...


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Silver is a good idea Taltosh. I prefer the surety of well-honed rowan, myself."

Arasmes pauses "My mother always told me the best weapon to use against a Haemovore was Animates. Immune to pretty much everything most Haemovore's have got. Get them to hold it down while you get in and put 12 inches of hardwood through its left ventricle."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Although some more experienced Haemovores will carry some illegal flasks of Light-imbued water. Burns them to use it, but ten or so vials can sometimes take down enough Animates to get out - and the Haemovores heal, wheras Animates don't. Dangerous though - my mother told me of one Haemovore carrying a dozen glass vials who got hit by a sound wave and ashed from the resultant spill."


male human

"Your stuffed dog here is one of those "animates" ?" Gryfford asks after having listened to Arasmes attentively.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes looks around cautiously
"A little quieter please, Grfyyord. He is indeed - the only one of the pack to have survived."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Are you speaking of holy water, Arasmes? If so, they should be able to supply it back at the temple. As I understand it, they sell it at cost, because it promotes their cause," Taltōsh said.

That's 25gp (& 1lb) each.


The hour is late as you head back for the temple. The sun has gone down. As you arrive at the gate you hear a sound...Perception please.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Shhh!!! Did you smell that?

Sorry, I couldn't resist the quote! :P

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

The sage gripped his new silver spear tighter as he heard the noise.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh exclaimed, "There's a howling wolf coming down the road!"

The sage then turned in the direction the sound came from and cast a spell. Sparkling motes settled on his skin before fading from sight. He then readied his spear.

Taltōsh cast mage armor on himself.


male human

Gryfford unsheathes his falchion and steps ahead of his companions, standing well balanced on his legs, his sword at the ready.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Adriel draws his mundane longsword and readies to Slumber the creature when it comes within 30ft.
(DC=15)


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Yes, I hear it too - how lucky! Try to leave the head intact."

Arasmes draw his crossbow

Arames' plan is to crossbow the wolf until it gets too close, then channel energy at it


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

@ DM Awesome - I won't be able to check in for a while (maybe not until tomorrow morning). Here's my tentative action, if it comes to it:

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Taltōsh is going to use magic missile as his first action. It's got a range of 120 ft.

Magic missile damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

EDIT: Well, it looks like I'm going last. :P

701 to 750 of 1,346 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.