Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


651 to 700 of 1,346 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes pauses

"No"

He finally says, shaking his head.

"I would like to think so - it would certainly make things easier - but I think this is another man. Still, I promised to stop him and I am a man of my word!"

Arasmes smiles

"Well, if I have seen your world, you should come see Geb some time. The towering walls, the labyrinthian libraries... the legendary 'houses of ill repute'"


male human

"Ill repute ! I shudder to think of it" Gryfford jokes.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

The newly patched up Taltōsh interjected, "My apologies Arasmes, for not realizing that you might be capable of magical healing. I meant no slight, and have no compunctions about allowing you to tend to my wounds in the future."

"That being said, we are guests in the temple of Erastil, here at the behest of Master McDarrow. It seemed a little thing to ask for their aid."

Motioning to the dinning area, "I do, however, agree that we should eat to regain our strength. Shall we?"


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"My appologies for not being clearer!" Arasmes responds.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Think nothing of it, Arasmes," Taltōsh replied.

"Now, let us eat!" while they couldn't see the man's smile, it nonetheless came across in his voice.


The servants have prepared what must be an average meal for travelers, but is quite alot of food. There are various meats and fresh fruits and vegetables. Several loaves of fresh bread and even a bottle of wine or two.

Dinner goes smoothly for the evening and you enjoy each others' company. After the meal you have a few hours with which to relax or study.

Feel free to RP anything you want to do for the evening. When I feel it's gone on long enough then we'll fast forward.


male human

Gryfford is a little tired from his brush with death this afternoon, so he doesn't dally long before going to bed, wishing good night to everyone.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh enjoyed the meal--which was far more sumptuous than he was accustomed to.

At supper's end, he flagged down a servant. "Do you believe that Master McDarrow will be well enough to see us on the morrow?"


"Yes I believe he will. Is there anything else I can get for you?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Well... I could use a new robe. I seem to have damaged this one," Taltōsh said, indicating the gash in his clothing that he had used a cord to keep together.

"Is there a place nearby where I could purchase one?"


The servant looks at your clothes for a moment."Hmm perhaps. Most places have closed by this point of the evening. If you give it to me perhaps it can be patched up?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"I could leave it outside my quarters, if that would be convenient."


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

I will retire. The days events have left me....drained. I remind you all, reguarding our clerics, see me first for healing. I can use my Patron's touch on all of you but once a day. Better to save the clerics spells for battle.

With that he heads off to have a smoke and bed.
The haze will clear my thoughts


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Taltosh, I can wear my armour if you want to borrow some spare clothes. I know we rushed off here without giving you a chance to get your things." Arasmes offers.


You each retire to your rooms that night and have a pleasant sleep uninterrupted by visions of evil.

When you wake the next morning the sun is shining and birds are chirping. You make your way downstairs to a strangely familiar sight. Angus is sitting at the head of the table sitting in his full paladin armor. Next to him pouring a glass of goat's milk is Alia. Her hair is stringy and pulled into a hasty bun on the back of her head. Her eyes have black circles under them and she seems to be hovering over McDarrow asking him if she can do anything.

"Alia!" The paladin's voice rings out clear. She hesitates for a moment at the force of his word. He puts the biscuit he was holding back on the plate and continues. "Thank you for coming to take care of me, but I am fine. You've been up nearly all night. You ought to rest." She looks upset at this, but nods silently and turns to walk out. That's when she sees you coming downstairs...


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

The previous night, before retiring:

Taltōsh bowed to Arasmes. "Thank you for the offer, but I still have clothing underneath my robes. I'm just--" the man paused, obviously embarrassed, "--I would rather not have anyone look upon my face."

"I know that you do not sleep well at night, yet I shall wish you a good night regardless."

@ DM Awesome - If you don't mind, I'll assume that one of the clerics managed to sew up Taltōsh's robes.

Cut to the next morning:

"Greetings, Master McDarrow," the hooded sage said to the dwarf.

Directing his attention to the woman, he added, "And greetings to you as well, milady. When did you arrive from Sandpoint?"

Interesting. Alia is obviously quite attached to McDarrow. I wonder how long the two have known each other? he thought.


Yes, sorry for not explaining. I was exhausted last night. But your robes were on the ground outside your door this morning when you woke up, and they were sewn nicely.

Alia looks startled at the comment,"Uh, I got in yesterday. I left Sandpoint as soon as I heard Master McDarrow had taken ill. I've been trying to take care of him."

She casts a glance back at him and it's then you notice something odd about the paladin. Where his normal dark pupils looked back at you, there is now only a misty white color. Even when he turns his head to look at you you can tell he has trouble focusing on your location.

"Ahh Taltōsh. You slept well I trust? I hear you had quite the adventure yesterday! He smiles warmly and takes a swig of his drink.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Odd, what is wrong with his eyes? Taltōsh thought.

"It is agreeable to see you milady."

Turning to Angus, he said, "Yes, I slept well. I am pleased to see you up and around."

He hesitated before continuing, "Would it be inappropriate of me to inquire what ails you?"

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Well, that was less than stellar. :P


male human

"Alia ! Gryfford says as he comes into the dining room. "You're here ! What a pleasant surprise !"

Gryfford has a large grin, and he looks like he's going to rush to Alia to give her a hug, but then he seems to notice Mac Darrow, and stops in his tracks.

"Mac Darrow ! Well, paladin, you look better than yesterday !" he says, still grinning.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

After an early morning prayer, Yolk heads down to the dining room to present himself before the group. "Hey all, mornin.", he says excitedly.


Angus looks troubled by Taltōsh' question, "I'd prefer to discuss that once we are on our way back to Sandpoint. For the time being, let us enjoy breaking our fast." He turns in the directions of the other new comers. "Good morning, how are you this morning?"

When Alia sees Gryff she blushes deeply and hurriedly tucks stray hair behind her ear and looks at her reflection in the window. She turns back quickly and smiles. Nodding at him she moves toward the hall adjoining the dining room.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"As you wish, Master McDarrow. Might I ask when we are leaving?" asked Taltōsh as he sat at the table.

The hooded sage liberally filled a plate with whatever food was laid out for them.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Yes, I'd like to hurry back. I worry for the town


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Why are they all so active in the #$%!@& morning Arasmes thought, slowly eating his food and squinting.


He finishes the last of his plate, "As soon as you are packed and ready we shall leave." He rises from his chair unsteadily, and motions for one of the servants. The young man rushes over taking Angus' arm leading him gently out of the room.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

As soon as Angus leaves Adriel addresses the others. It would seem the health of our paladin is failing...are they not supposed to be perpetually healthly or something?


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Knowledge religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15. What does Arasmes know about paladin dwarves health, and what might damage their vision?


I know you all are there, let's move the story forward

Breakfast finishes and you all retreat to your quarters to gather the last of your things. You then set out.

As you reach the gates to the city, a guard stops you and says, "You're the party that fought in the arena yesterday, correct? Pike would like to speak with you more, Come with me."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes glances at Gryfford


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh turned to Angus to explain, "Master McDarrow, several of us competed yesterday. When Gryfford's turn came, his opponent actually knew him, and attempted to slay him."

"I believe that it's in our best interests to comply."


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

We may as well. Let's be quick and one our way.
Adriel was nervous around guardsmen.


male human

"Yes, of course. I'd like to hear what Pike has to say."


The guard leads you down actually away from the coliseum and the area you visited before. He follows the wall of the city south to a medium sized building with the crest of the guard on the door.

He knocks twice and you him speak a phrase in a language you aren't familiar with then the door swings open and you see 3 other guards inside along with Pike.

You are ushered into the room and offered seats around a large wooden table. Pike looks to you, "Ahh , good to see you again. I wanted to let you know we've interrogated the thug, and he's given us a lead to the crime ring led by this 'Togs'."


male human

"Where is he ?" Gryfford can't help but jump from his seat.


Pike raises his hands in a calming motion, "Easy there... We haven't located 'Togs' directly. We know where the head of his organization is in Magnimar. We are currently planning a stealth mission to infiltrate his group. Hence why I've called you here. I was wondering if you had any other knowledge of how his operation works that might aid us in getting a man on the inside."


male human

"As I've said, Togs likes to hire local talent."

"I've been told that when he's considering recruiting someone, he (or one of his lieutenants) asks something illegal and incriminating from the applicant, so as to have dirt on him afterwards."

"If the applicant isn't willing to do it, he doesn't pass Togs' test, and he is left well alone."

"If the applicant does it, he is told he's now part of Togs' organisation - and he's unexpectedly rewarded for his crime, to show that Togs is happy with him."

"Soon after that, the new recruit is presented with an occasion to make a quite sizable amount of cash, if only he swindles Togs. That's a trap. Those that cheat on Togs are swifly disposed of. The others learn to behave."

"Ironically, I'm pretty sure that by acting like that Togs has rid this world of many scums."

"But there's unfortunately a seemingly endless supply of those."


"Ahh. I'll definitely remember that." Pike says and looks to one of the other guards who seems to be writing something down. "Thank you so much for helping us with this. If you ever need anything in town, ask one of the guards and they'll come find me." He offers his hand to shake.

One of the guards comes up and taps him on the shoulder and points to something on the floor near the edge of the room. "Oh yes, that's right I forgot to mention. Your tip helped us greatly, so I have some things for you."

You look down and see the armor and sword the gentleman wore and a large bag of coins. "I'm sure you've seen this armor before, but I promise you its former owner won't be needing it any time soon. And here's some gold for your assistance.

That's 200gp for those of you keeping track at home. A set of leather armor, and a sword.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Captain, can I ask that if you do manage to get Togs you send word to the temple of Erastil in Sandpoint?" Arasmes requests.


Pike nods, "Yes that should work. Thank you again."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Thank you Captain"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Gryfford, is that acceptable?" asked Taltōsh.


male human

"Yes. Let us delay no further. These things take time, and I have this feeling that we don't have much of it."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

The hooded sage looked to the others and said, "Let us gather what has been gained and depart then."

Once they are outside and away from the guard building, Taltōsh will cast detect magic on the items.

As he knows the armor is enchanted, he'll start with a Spellcraft check to properly identify it:

Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


You make your way back to the gate of the city and set out on your way. The trip seems shorter as you make your way back and you stop in a similar place as before for the midday meal.

As you eat your meal Angus looks over your group. "I'm sorry for the worry I caused you recently my friends. Do you remember having a strange vision the night before last?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Yes," replied Taltōsh.

The items can wait until after this conversation, he thought.


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

Nightly visions seem to be a regular occurance of late.


"Yes, I hope they don't trouble you too much. However it seems that Erastil has granted me the blessing or curse if you will of being his oracle. It allows the visions to be more steady and grants me understanding, but at a cost. You again see the hazy white of Angus' eyes. "That is what kept me from joining you yesterday. The initial ordeal was somewhat painful, but it seems that Erastil has been good and now I am fine."


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"I believe that I understand."

"As for the items we recently acquired, both the longsword and the leather armor bear a minor enchantment. The weapon is slightly more lethal, while the armor provides more protection."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes pats Angus on the shoulder "It is a hard thing to be touched by the gods, my friend"


M Elf Hexcrafter(AC22/13/20), 50/50HP, F8/R5/W7+10vs enchantment, Per+10/Thrasher+8, Init+3

I am proficient with a sword but you'll find those better suited.to carrying it.

Adriel possessed the elven fasination with fine swordplay, but was no warrior.
He did secretly hope no one else wanted it, but it would mostly be for show, make foesbthink he was just another warrior- Till his spells came out...

651 to 700 of 1,346 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.