Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Last Rites (Inactive)

Game Master drawesome1111

Strange happenings in Sandpoint lead to even stranger adventures in Golarion. With most sinister consequences.


501 to 550 of 1,346 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Well thought Arasmes Any meeting you walk away from...

Sighing, he set his mind to pondering what he had learned, and the elusive Elowain
Cast: Know the enemy, targetting Elowain. base d20 roll (I don't know which knowledge) is 1d20 ⇒ 15

Elowain is powerful enough to have and hide a minotaur bodyguard.
She knows, or knows of, Nikolai
She is afraid of Nikolai or "what he stands for"
She knows where we are and how to contact us. I'm assuming the "drunk" we ran into was one of her agents. Odds are she has been surveilling the temple - that makes sense.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

Just checking in on the game! Looking good!


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

.


Sorry for the delay, let's move on.

After all the adventure of the day, you settle down in your beds in the temple. As you drift off to sleep you feel a stinging in your hand and suddenly another vision appears before your eyes...

The grass is damp and wind blows softly through the trees. The moon is shining brightly overhead and a man in a long black cloak drifts silently across the field toward a treeline. As he approaches he speaks in a soft voice that seems as if it is carried on the wind.
"Come out my friend, the time has come. You needn't hide any more."
He smiles and his fangs gleam in the moonlight. The trees rustle and a human sized beast steps out of the forest. Hair sprouts from all over though ripped and torn clothing, saliva drips from a long canine muzzle. He kneels before the cloaked figure.The man lays a gloved hand n the beast's head and speaks again,"Arise Markus...We must collect the others.I trust you have prepared everything?"The creature nods."Good...sound the call." The wolfman stands and throws his head back letting loose a bloodcurtling howl.

You sit upright in bed and see sunlight coming in the windows. Night is over, a new day has dawned...


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

The hooded sage composed himself before venturing forth to join the others in breaking his fast.

I do not think that dream was just a dream. Lingering magics from our encounter from the tome in Sandpoint, perhaps?


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel awakens with a start, Man, I gotta cut back on the leaf. These dreams are becoming far too vivid. He feels a pang, a sense of dread. Whatever relaxation the quick wife bought him was gone, feeling dark and alone...again.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Sorry guys

Arasmes sits bolt upright, his eyes red and raw from insufficient sleep as the harsh sunlight stabs them.


male human

Gryfford rubs his eyes.

No doubt that was Nikolaï I just dreamt of. Bloody long-toothed Nikolaï and his pal, Markus the wolfman. Good gods !

He goes out of his bed, dons his pants, grabs Sharpest and goes out of his room barefoot and bare-chested while holding the large sword in its scabbard.

Wandering a little while in the quiet temple in the morning, he finally finds a door leading in a big interior courtyard with a dirt soil and a well built backing on a large natural-looking rock.

Gryfford puts Sharpest down leaning against the base of the rock and then brings up a bucket of water from the well, which he proceeds to splash on him.

"Haaaa !" Gryfford grunts as the cold water shocks him into full awareness.

After that, the swordsman salutes the morning sun, with the appropriate stance, words and ritual gestures.

"I greet you, Sarenrae's steward ! And I salute Thee, O great Godess, shining Dawnflower. May you smile on me today while I stand in Erastil's glade and inspire me to greatness ! Aman !"

Then it's time for his customary physical exercises, just like he did each morning at the gladiatoral gym back in Tymon: stretching, push-ups, shadow fencing with his hands, elbows and knees, with his feet and with his sword - with his whole body.

Equilibrium, deadly stillness and explosive speed: it's all the same thing, done in the same breath.

When he's done, Gryfford washes himself in a corner of the courtyard, cold water dripping on the dirt soil. It feels good !

Then he goes back to his room, greeting the priests of Erastil he meets along the way.
He dresses in full, exits the room and goes down the stairs to finally join his companions for breakfast in the common room.

"Good morning everyone ! Sweet dreams, anyone ?" he says in a genuinely cheerful manner.


male human
Quote:
Sorry guys

No problem at all. I think that going our own ways sometimes enhances the game, rather than detracts from it. It adds verisimilitude and depth to it, imho.


Nice RP Gryff, I need to add up exp from the previous day,but I'll post it soon in discussion.

You make your way to the familiar common room for breakfast, and you notice right away tha something is odd. Angus is nowhere to be found, and there seems to be only one servant in the room.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

The hooded sage entered the common room, unsettled from the vision that awoke him so abruptly.

He immediately took a plate and piled on an impressive amount of the simple fare provided.

After breaking his fast, Taltōsh noticed that Angus had not arrived. He directed his inquiry to the only servant present, "My apologies, but do you know where Master McDarrow is?"


The servant looks nevous at the question,"Master McDarrow isn't feeling, uh, well. He has sent many of the clerics out on errands for him.Uh can I help you with anything?" he stammers out an answer.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"No thank you, good sir. I shall wait until the others arrive before deciding our course of action."

The sage sat back to eat his meal while pondering what might have befallen the paladin.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel enters for breakfast. Chatterbeak perched onhis shoulder.
Gods, Taltosh, you look just like I feel. Bad night?

He sits down and tucks in, setting some fruits aside for his bird.


male human

Gryfford enters, back from the kitchen where he just went to grab some special food.

"Hello Adriel. Hello Chatterbeak. Taltōsh, I just overheard what the servant said. Is Mac Darrow ill ? Perhaps we should check on him ?" he says between mouthfuls of some kind of venison.

"You know what ? I'll go see if he's okay. I'll be right back."

Gryfford exits the room and goes straight to Mac Darrow's bedroom (or asks for it if he doesn't know where it is).


Is Gryff the only one going or are there more? And anyone going needs to make a perception check.

You approach the paladin's chambers and knock on he wooden door. A servant pokes his head through the door,"Yes, can I help you?" He seems somewhat frazzled.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel follows Gryff.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


male human

Perception check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

"We just wanted to talk to Mac Darrow. Is he well ?" Gryfford asks the servant.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Ack! I thought I posted this already! Argh!

Taltōsh stood and said to Gryfford, "I shall accompany you." The sage allowed the warrior to take the lead, standing slightly behind and to the side as Gryfford knocked on Angus' door.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes, rubbing grit out of his eyes, walks in and starts to sit down just in time to see everyone else leaving. Not sure what's happening he follows along.

Perception - assuming light penalties 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Adriel&Tal:
You notice the distinctly soft moaning from the room and catch just a glimpse of the paladin's beard from his bed. He seems uncharacteristically pale.

"I'm afraid Master McDarrow is in no state to recieve visitors. Please come back later tonight or tomorrow."

The servant shuts the door and you are left standing in the empty corridor.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"There seems to be something wrong with Master McDarrow," Taltōsh said to the others.

"This does not feel right. These strange visions--I believe that they are tied to Master McDarrow's current condition."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes catches up, and turns to Taltosh

"You had a vision too?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Yes, Arasmes," the sage replied. "Of Nikolai and a werewolf."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"So - do you think Angus might be turning into a werewolf?" a bleary eyed Arasmes asks


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Startled, Taltōsh said, "The werewolf in the vision was named Markus. Also, while I can claim only a small amount of knowledge of the curse, I do believe that the full moon is a requisite of the initial transformation.

"It is clearly morning, so that seems unlikely. I would not venture to guess at Master McDarrow's malady, beyond that I believe it may--and I stress the word 'may'--have something to do with his connection to the tome used to grant the initial visions to us."

Gesturing to the dwarf's room, the sage added, "The clerics of his faith are attending to him, and I feel they are more competent than I in that regard.

"However, it does leave us with a dilemma about how to proceed. We clearly cannot return to Sandpoint without the good dwarf, but how shall we proceed? I have not trained as an investigator, so this is new to me."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Sorry Taltosh - It's early. I think we could probably proceed without him - would he want us to wait if that meant Nikolai got the Amulet?"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Sorry guys. Moving House

[b]I would like to see him. I have some skill with illness. Please let me in.[/ooc]

Heal check1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


male human

"I would like to see him too" Gryfford says.

"And I agree with Arasmes: we should then go back to Sandpoint, to check the location you pinned down on the map."


The servant's voice can be heard through the closed doors. "Thank you for your assistance, but it is at Master McDarrow's request. He will speak to you again tomorrow."

Sorry for the delay, been apartment hunting, but I bagged one. You guys need to decided what you're gonna do next. Remember there's some sort of tournament in town today. You can head back in the direction of Sandpoint or explore and see if you can make some money back after you spent it at the vendor and the brothel.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

No problem! I'm glad you've acquired a new residence! :)

"Well," Taltōsh said. "It sounds as if returning to Sandpoint is not in the cards for today."

Looking to the others, he added, "We have already exhausted the information in the Great Library. Is there anything else we can do to occupy our time?"

Taltōsh doesn't know about the tournament, so Gryfford would have to clue him in.


male human

"Well... there's a martial tournament scheduled for today."

Gryfford shows the flyer distributed to him yesterday.

"I thought I could participate in it to make some money."

Gryfford has a large smile.

"Does anyone care to join me ?"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Interesting. I wonder what their requirements are?" Taltōsh wondered.

"After all, I'm a fair hand with a spear."

Another moment's contemplation and the sage said, "Yes, I will join you Gryfford--and perhaps participate as well."


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"I am running low on travel funds."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Well I have nothing else to do. I will come and watch and perhaps wipe the blood off you if you ask nicely.


male human

"Blood wiping is often handy" Gryfford chortles.

"Come on, let us go to the arena !"

Having said that, Gryfford leaves the temple and leads the way to the tournament.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Do you mind if I look at that flyer?" asks Arasmes, following along.


male human

"Not at all" Gryfford says, handing the flyer to Arasmes.


male human

What's in the flyer:

In essence, the flyer advertises for a tournament taking place today at the Coliseum at the north end of the city.

Aspiring attendees just have to show up at the Coliseum and tell the people in charge that they're there for the tournament.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Thanks - so nothing says to the DEATH!


male human

"Everybody's satisfied ?" Gryfford says, grinning.

"Good. Let's go now."

THe adventurers make their way through the city to the Coliseum.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

"Lead on!"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"Indeed," replied Taltōsh.


Sorry for the delay everyone. Let's move forward.

You make your way through the city and as you get farther north the crowd gets larger and larger. You see they are all moving in the direction of a large stone coliseum. As you press forward, you see how massive the structure really is. Off to one side of the main gate is a small wooden door with metal bars forming a window at about head height.


male human

Gryfford resolutely approaches the small wooden door, and knocks several times on it.

"Is there anyone in there ? Some of us would like to participate in today's tournament" he says through the bars.


You see a face appear in the window and a gruff voice all but shouts through,"Yea? C'mon in."

A few seconds later the door swings inward allowing you to enter a small dark room. Several burly looking men wearing vrious types of armor sit around a small table. The gruff man who opened the door closes it and the yells out down a nearby corridor. "Cap'n! Fresh meat for the tourney!"


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

Taltōsh stood quietly, awaiting the captain.


Male Dhampir Cleric (Undead Lord) 2

Arasmes nudges Taltosh

"You ever done anything like this before?" he asks, quietly enough to stop Gryfford from overhearing.


Male Varisian Human Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer 2; AC 16, flat-footed 14, touch 12; HP 14/14; Init +2; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +4; Perception +6

"No," Taltōsh replied sotto voce. Continuing in the same quiet tone, he went on to say, "That is why I want to--because it is a new experience."

501 to 550 of 1,346 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Last Rites (IC) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.