Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Korvosa Confidential 5E

Game Master Jam412


251 to 300 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human - AC 13, HP 17/17(23), PROF: +2, SPD 30',STR+1, DEX+2, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+5,CHA+0; INSP 1/0; Wild Shape 2/2 Druid / 2 (Circle of the Moon); Deception +2, Perception +5, Stealth +4, Survival +5

Feeling a little queasy at the sight of the man he had just bashed his brains out, Red Feather takes advantage of the prone man, and bends down to touch Paddy with his healing touch.

"Rise and re-join the fight". He mutters to the man.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Cure wounds


Paddy's eyes snap open. Above him is the Shoanti man that he has come to know as Red Feather. He can still feel where the glowing dart drove into his chest, breaking through a rib on the way. It pops back into place and the uneasy sensation of cartilage and flesh knitting back together is followed by air refiling his lungs. It seems Pharasma was quite ready to judge Paddy's soul in the Boneyard.

Paddy goes after Orion!

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

Orion cooly stands on the stair, above the fight. He rapidly reloads the large crossbow and again takes aim at the wayward crime lord. "Let's try this again, shall we?" he asks rhetorically as he sends another heavy bolt down range.

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage!: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Durrrrrrrrrrr........


HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

Is Yargin still prone? Or does prone not grant advantage for ranged attacks?

Edit: Ah, I see. Orion actually has disadvantage if Yargin is still prone since he's more than 5 feet away from him.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

But I'm elevated, so would that cancel it out? Or does that only happen when it's dark on a Tuesday? But then dealer gets four cards except for the man on his left who gets five cards, unless he's name Bill....

Suck even more?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

We forgot to factor in wind resistance....


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Paddy nods to the Shaonti healer and smiles his thanks. Then, annoyed at Yagrin and bitterly embarrassed at having to be rescued, he invokes Pharasma to burn the man in fire:
sacred flame: 1d8 ⇒ 3 (DC 13 Reflex neg.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Cleric 2 (AC 15, hp 7/16, Percept +3, Invest +1)

Oops -- Paddy's true soul instead of his avatar showed up last post -- I blame his near-death experience!


Yargin is still prone.

Dex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Yargin just barley rolls out of the way of the column of flame brought down by Paddy. Clearly though, he sees which way the tide of battle is going as he holds his hands in the air above him.

"Okay, I submit! Mercy!" The once proud looking man grovels pathetically.


HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

Saul sheathes his sword and hauls Yargin to his feet by his collar, shoving him against the wall with his back toward the paladin.
"You make even a fidget that I don't like and you'll end up like your creepy friend upstairs, got it?", he says in his Bad Cop voice.
Intimidation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"What have you been feeding to those kids, you sick bastard? How many kids do you have in here?"

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

Out of combat? If so,

Orion stays on overwatch, scanning around with his crossbow, watching to make sure no sudden brave fools appear to try and impress their leader.


M Human Cleric 2 (AC 15, hp 7/16, Percept +3, Invest +1)

Paddy, smiling serenely again, cuffs Yargin's hands behind his back. "I'm thinking the Organization might have overestimated your operation here -- so far we have two stupid guards, now possibly dead, and one smirking idiot who doesn't know what side his bread is buttered on."

Sighing loudly, Paddy leans closer and says, "Now be a good little boy and take us to the brains of this outfit. Your behavior in doing so determines if you live, or get staked out over an anthill."


Saulden Solanus wrote:


"What have you been feeding to those kids, you sick bastard? How many kids do you have in here?"

Yargin shakes his head furiously. "It was shiver. But I never gave them anything! It was Lamm! I don't know why he would waste product on them anyway, it doesn't make any business sense at all! He said that he wanted them to dream, whatever that means."

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

Orion uses this moment to take out the vial from the bear upstairs and show it to the others. "We found this buried in a teddy bear upstairs. That's what Saul is talking about.

Yargin, why hide it in bears? Wouldn't it be easier just to tuck under the floorboards like normal people?

And, are you -really- saying that you've got crates and crates of this...and you have no idea what it does?

Please be honest because that will affect whether we want to do some controlled research on its effects, as we pour it down your throat."


M Human Cleric 2 (AC 15, hp 7/16, Percept +3, Invest +1)

Paddy shakes his head at Orion's outburst, then leans close to whisper, "My thought is that it might be prudent to mop up the rest of the crooks -- Lamm included -- lest they descend upon us en masse while we are distracted in interrogating our first prisoner."


Paddy O'Donnegal wrote:


Sighing loudly, Paddy leans closer and says, "Now be a good little boy and take us to the brains of this outfit. Your behavior in doing so determines if you live, or get staked out over an anthill."

"He's upstairs, fourth floor!"


Orion the Hunter wrote:

Orion uses this moment to take out the vial from the bear upstairs and show it to the others. "We found this buried in a teddy bear upstairs. That's what Saul is talking about.

Yargin, why hide it in bears? Wouldn't it be easier just to tuck under the floorboards like normal people?

And, are you -really- saying that you've got crates and crates of this...and you have no idea what it does?

Please be honest because that will affect whether we want to do some controlled research on its effects, as we pour it down your throat."

Yargin looks almost indignant again at that. "I don't touch that stuff. I'm not an idiot. I handle the business side.

It's in the bears because they move the product out of some toy shop in old Korvosa."


HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

"Manacle this guy and we'll pay Lamm a visit.", Saul says as he pulls out Yargin's cravat and gags him with it.

"Sorry I swore at you and tossed you around and stuff, but you're involved in some really bad business here. Drug peddling! Child exploitation! Think about where this kind of life will lead you, you know? Pharasma won't be kind when it's your time unless you change your ways starting today."


The man shrugs. "Unhhullah." Is all that he manages to get out through the gag.

With Yargin all bound up in chains, the group steels itself to finally confront the man that has caused them all so much grief. Gaedren Lamm.

Everybody level up!


Male Variant Human Artificer/ Alchemist 2

You guys have been busy

"Teddy bears, can you believe it?"

Bas is still reeling over the discovery. It made sense, given the context of the toy factory, but what kind of man...no, what kind of monster?

Lamm.

Bas readies an alchemical flask of acid.

"The door locked? I can try melting the hinges if so."


M Human Cleric 2 (AC 15, hp 7/16, Percept +3, Invest +1)
Saulden Solanus wrote:
"Manacle this guy and we'll pay Lamm a visit."
Paddy O'Donnegal wrote:
Paddy, smiling serenely again, cuffs Yargin's hands behind his back.

Already done!

Yargin wrote:
"He's upstairs, fourth floor!"

"Then lead us there at once -- ahead of us so that you trigger any traps along the way. And of course if you lead us into an ambush instead, you die first."

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

Orion takes a moment to look at his weapon. He feels really proud of how well it handled today. He feels...better with it. Closer, like it's become an extension of himself.

Still, he can't shake something nagging at the back of his head.

"Um, do you mind if we un-gag him long enough to find out what this stuff is and what it does? I mean, what if Lamm doesn't wanna talk? We'll never found out what this is. At least if he tells us what kind of drug it is we'll know to be on the lookout for it, and maybe how to counter it?"


HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

Saulden shrugs.
"Sure, man. He did say it was Shiver, though."


Male Human - AC 13, HP 17/17(23), PROF: +2, SPD 30',STR+1, DEX+2, CON+2, INT+3, WIS+5,CHA+0; INSP 1/0; Wild Shape 2/2 Druid / 2 (Circle of the Moon); Deception +2, Perception +5, Stealth +4, Survival +5

Red Feather stands in a daze as he sees Yargin... and all that Shiver.

"I know what it does. It dulls your senses and makes you not care about anything. It takes from you, and gives nothing back but false promises. Let's go get Lamm".

>DM

Spoiler:

RF surreptitiously pockets one of the vials of shiver. He tells himself that it's to always have around to prove that he has defeated his addiction. Time will tell.


Male Variant Human Artificer/ Alchemist 2

Bas also pulls out his light crossbow, knocking an arrow. Never hurts to be prepared for a fight. Especially if you're in a drug den. Going after a murderer. Who has minions. Lots of minions.

"Wish I had a second crossbow...


Red Feather wrote:

Red Feather stands in a daze as he sees Yargin... and all that Shiver.

"I know what it does. It dulls your senses and makes you not care about anything. It takes from you, and gives nothing back but false promises. Let's go get Lamm".

>DM
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Got it. Here is a picture of what the vials look like.

The six of you (including Yargin) make your way up the stairs of the apartment. At the top of the stairs stands one door. It's closed, but from underneath a glow emits a pattern of lights. Purple then red, then green.

"Huuh-uhhh-errr" Yargin says and motions with his head toward the door.


M Human Cleric 2 (AC 15, hp 7/16, Percept +3, Invest +1)

"Do you knock? Code? Or just go in? Quick, now."


"Uhh-uh-ohh-eee-errr" Yargin replies through the gag.

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

Orion sighs, frustrated that they need to continue to rely on their enemy. He turns to Yargin and his voice grows earnest.

"Yargin, I'm going to take your gag off, and you're to quietly tell us how to get in there.

You're going to do this because you're currently alive. You're alive because we held a vote, and I lost. So long as you're cooperative, I'm going to do everything that I can to make sure you keep breathing.

But if you yell, or give us false information, or do anything that smells of trickery, I'm going to put one of these large, painful bolts through your leg, severing your femoral artery and nailing you to the wall. Then I'll sit back and laugh as you slowly bleed to death.

Paddy will yell at me later for killing you, but that's a price I'm willing to pay."

Orion takes Yargin's gag off.

Do you need a roll? I'm not threatening. I'm promising. =3


HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

Saul listens at the door while Orion plies Yargin.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Yargin sneers at Orion as his gag is removed. "I-Don't-go-in-there." The stuffy man rolls his eyes. "Ask that bumbling orc. If you can pry anything out of his drug addled brain that is. He's the one that hauls the crates into the room. Like I said, I handle the business side of things."


Saulden Solanus wrote:

Saul listens at the door while Orion plies Yargin.

[dice=Perception]1d20+1

A low level humming noise comes from the other side of the door along with the occasional rustling noise and clink of glass on glass. Regular footfalls can also be heard, like someone pacing. Saul notices an ozone smell as well, like just after a lightning strike.


HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

"Alright. Gag him again and let's leave him with the Orc. Lamm's in there and something weird's going on..."

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

"Eh? That giggling weirdo?" Orion asks rhetorically. "Too late, chummer. I won that vote." He winks at Yargin. "Try again, boyo.
I'm willing to bet that in your long and illustrious career you needed to get his attention at least once. You tell us what the magic words are or Imma start wondering where else I'll shoot you. Here's a hint, it starts with a 'b' and ends with bolt between your legs.

Wait, was that too obvious? I never was very good at that game."


Yargin shakes his head seeming a bit more panicked. "Look, we've only been here a couple of weeks. Lamm never stays anywhere long. Anyway, he's been really weird since we've started moving the shiver. I haven't even seen him in a week. I don't know if he's even left that room!"

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

"Well you have been...very useless. You've earned enough to not get shot, but you've also earned, gag time!"

Orion replaces the gag over his mouth and turns to the others. "Looks like it's front door time. Saul? Would you care to knock down the honors?"


HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

Saulden chants a prayer to Saerenrae, filling him with her righteous wrath.
Divine Favor, concentration up to one minute. Deal extra 1d4 radiant damage.

With that, he kicks in the door!
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Variant Human Artificer/ Alchemist 2

Bas stands at the ready, placing himself at one edge his crossbow ready and his hand in his alchemical bag.


This room takes up the entirety of the fourth floor, though it's obvious that this wasn't always the case. Old studs and support beams are still scattered throughout as evidence that this was once an apartment divided into several rooms. Two tables stand in the center, each with four children seated around them. They stare blankly ahead as if in a waking dream. Their hands remain busy though; some fill small glass vials with a liquid that you know to be shiver, others place the vials into stuffed toys and sew them shut.

The view Beyond the threshold portrays a dizzying spectacle of nightmare. The far side of the room is breached along one wall by a geometric impossibility. A fifth corner has appeared there and yet the shape of the room remains square. Space and time argue in this place; a precipitation of dread hangs in the air.
A Pale figure passes a crate into the anomalous corner; unseen hands receive the grim cargo. You all recognize the figure to be the man you came here to find. When he turns to face you, you become uncertain if he is truly a man anymore at all. Gaedren Lamm stands before you, though his left eye looks to be quadruple the size it once was and leaks a stream of green ichor. His right arm is long and gangly and ends in wicked black talons, his jaw sags and some of his teeth are missing while others have grown into oversized canines. An extended, black tongue lolls out of the side of his mouth, dripping more of the green ichor.

"I don't often get vissssitors." The thing that was once Gaedren hisses.

Perception DC 13:
You can spot two more of the creatures that you fought in the hallway and on the fire escape in this room.

Intelligence (Arcana) DC 15:
There are three arcane symbols painted on the walls around the "Fifth Corner" that seem to be keeping it open. If those were destroyed somehow, the anomaly would likely close.


M Human Cleric 2 (AC 15, hp 7/16, Percept +3, Invest +1)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Arcana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Paddy apparently has eyes only for Lam. Displaying his badge, he yells, "Step away from the opening and put your hands in the air!"

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

"Careful here, Bas," Orion murmurs to the alchemist. "Not everything here plays by the same rules we do," he says, trying to be helpful.

Gonna give over here and just give Bas advantage to his rolls.


HP 11/20, AC 17, Saves: Wisdom +3, Charisma +4, Initiative 0, Passive Perception 11, Passive Investigation 9, Inspiration [ ]

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Saul stares at Lamm, a perplexed look on his face.

"What happened to your eye, man?! And what did you do to those kids?!"


Male Variant Human Artificer/ Alchemist 2

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Bas suddenly goes blind I guess...

"F*ck, got something in my eye!" Bas mutter angrily as they arrive. AS he opens them and takes in the scene, he starts to get angry, hand trembling he pulls out a concoction that will burst into alchemical fire.

"What the hell Lamm! What've you done with them!"

Dark Archive

Human Ranger 2| AC: 14 | HP: 9/23 | 1st:1/2 | Init: +3 (w/adv) | Perc: +4 | Insp. =0 | FX:

"Wait, Bas, lemme help you with that..."

Bas, I'm giving you advantage from my first post. ^_^


Yep, Bas can pick which roll that he wants advantage with; Perception or Arcana.

Sorry that I didn't post up sooner, I'm a little under the weather.


"Officer O'Donnegal, it's been some time since we've last spoken. Ah, and you brought along the Acadamae sssstudent with the vivisected friend. Tell meeee, did you ever discover that you went after the wrong Lamm?" Gaedren flashes a predatory smile, showing off a mouth full of jagged teeth.


M Human Cleric 2 (AC 15, hp 7/16, Percept +3, Invest +1)

Paddy speaks pleasantly but firmly. "Ah, but you have neither stepped away from the opening, nor are your hands up. Is it resisting arrest, then?"

Guiding Bolt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 84d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 1) = 10

"Pharasma's mercy on you."


Male Variant Human Artificer/ Alchemist 2

*Smacks head in embarrassment* completely missed that when I reviewed posts before posting. My bad. I'll use advantage on Arcana as I'm metagaming just a tad but consider arcana a rarer skill than perception, meaning there might be more useful info. Also, My perception sucks.

Arcana Advantage: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Bas eyes the "fifth corner" with interest and lobs his alchemical fire at the sigils.

"Destroy the symbols! Quickly!"

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Splash damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Critical Damage?: 1d6 ⇒ 3

251 to 300 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Korvosa Confidential Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.