Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


3,751 to 3,781 of 3,781 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Any chance I might find a crafted squeezebox here?"


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
I'm guessing that Gleed is dead, in which case Cricket says some prayers to Old Mother Tree. If he isn't, Cricket uses some of his cure light wounds spells.

Gleed stabilize:

DC 23: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
DC 24: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
DC 25: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
DC 26: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
DC 27: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Gleed is right at the gates of death's door (-12 hp) when you stabilize him. It will take a number of CLW spells to get him to the point where he can walk.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

One of Fenrift's soldiers hands Caspian an instrument, saying, "You kin keep this'n I just made. I still got my Uncle Cletus' box, so no worries on my account, li'l feller."


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

"I wouldn't dare of making you wait unnecessarily, Count. I have worthwhile news, and more."

Kelgan draws out the egg and sets it on the table, where it glitters ominously.

"We recovered this, and kept it from the thugs Anasovin sent to retrieve it. The magicians, your cousin included, tell me it is an artifact of great and potent evil. Though corroboration will be difficult to obtain, I am quite certain that that madman has undergone the ritual of lichdom, and this ornate egg is his phylactery."

Kelgan will debrief as requested, giving a detailed account of their trip to the moors, the brief visit to Skarn Keep, and the encounters with the Boar, all the vampires, and the bandits.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Fenrift nods slowly. Examining the egg himself, he is temporarily stunned, as Cricket had been, but pulls himself together.

DC 29: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

"If not a lich in fact, then I'd say at the least, he's hidden his soul in the egg. Therefore, when we defeat him, we must destroy the egg as well, or all our efforts will have been for naught. I cannot carry the thing and do that task and still fight him myself at the same time; nor can I trust any others here to do so -- although they are doughty warriors as far as that goes, and loyal, it would be too easy for the enemy to steal their minds or, more simply, steal the egg. Your group recovered the thing and brought it here -- through some amount of inconvenience, it seems -- implying a level of cunning and dedication above the ordinary. I'd have you do the same at Skarn Keep, if you're willing."

Although he speaks with his usual deadpan assurance, you notice that he has pointedly not mentioned his daughter, either by name or by circumstance. You take that as a mark of how affected by her loss he is.


Male Goblin Druid 4
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
I'm guessing that Gleed is dead, in which case Cricket says some prayers to Old Mother Tree. If he isn't, Cricket uses some of his cure light wounds spells.

Gleed stabilize:

DC 23: 1d20+2
DC 24: 1d20+2
DC 25: 1d20+2
DC 26: 1d20+2
DC 27: 1d20+2

Gleed is right at the gates of death's door (-12 hp) when you stabilize him. It will take a number of CLW spells to get him to the point where he can walk.

Huzzah! Well, I've got four prepared.

Oh, Gleed, you poor thing! Did the nasty vampire shoot you full of arrows? Don't worry, I know how to make the pain go away...


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Vomit Guy wrote:
Sploooortch!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Druid 4

Cricket finishes applying healing salves.

You have a dirty mind, Kirth.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

So, let's shoot for leveling complete by Monday, November 3 -- unless you guys need more time than that. I'm available to assist, make recommendations, etc. -- no question is too basic! No request is too outlandish!


Male Goblin Druid 4

Since we have until November 3rd...

After putting poor Gleed to bed, Cricket turns to the party in general, and Kelgan in particular, and says,

Who are you? What is going on? I don't understand, maybe there were spoilers that I didn't read way back when, but dwarven bandits? necromantic castles? vampires? liches? ghost girls with stunning phylacteries who are somehow related to Miralda? And who is she again? I remember agreeing to come out here and help a nice lizardman fellow kill bullywugs, but I don't ever remember agreeing to any of this. Not that I mind, mind you, I dance like a leaf of Old Mother Tree on the wind, you know, here and there and shiznit, doing good with the boon companions of my dear departed kinsman (whatwashisname?)(although, actually, Kelgan wasn't even one of them, but, no matter). But I would like to know what's going on.

Wolvie whines sympathetically.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Cricket turns to every one except Kelgan.

Do you all know what's going on?


F High Elf Ranger 1/Wizard 4

Miralda is off with her scraggly boy friend, so don't look to her for an answer. The two of them seem to be tight with a seedy hill dwarf and stuck-up looking elf girl -- almost as if they were an adventuring party or something.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Fenrift turns to the party. "You've done a major service to me, and watever else can be said of me, I always pay my debts. I'd like to speak with each of you in private, if I may."

Kelgan:

Spoiler:
"Kelgan, you've guarded others in my service on two major occasions now, and I'd like to use one of the powers granted me based on my otherwise-useless title. If you'll agree, I'll dub you 'Sir Kelgan' once where in front of witnesses again. I am obligated to warn you in advance that this comes with a few strings and even fewer benefits:
  • You must swear fealty to the service of Queen Kacia (may she be quickly freed), and to Duke Kolvin on her behalf, and to me on his behalf.
  • You must further swear to use your prowess to guard those under your protection. Those are the obligations of those who serve on the frontier -- let the soft nobles back in Aviona worry about courtly love or secret knowledge or lofty ideals -- out here, we have men's work to do. Call it the Order of the Shield, if you like.
  • A knight normally has lands and revenue, but, again, this is the frontier. I can grant you a tract of rocky badlands and bogs east of here that you might be able to grow barley on parts of when you're not working -- although I should add the water there is supposedly very good for brewing and distilling.
  • This probably doesn't affect you in any way, but, as a newly-dubbed knight, previous records under any other names are wiped clean. I am in no manner implying that any banditry or other felonies could ever be traced to your past, but even if they could before, they can't now.

    Do you agree to these terms and conditions?"


  • M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

    Caspian:

    Spoiler:
    "I am led to understand that you are a refugee from Aramni. If that is so, please allow me to officially grant you asylum in the Estren Territories, and full citizenship here, with all the rights thereof. I hope you'll come to consider this keep as home. If any fools from across the border come to pursue you, they will meet armed resistance from me. Further, if you decide on a military career, be assured that you will command men with my full authority backing you. I don't know how you were treated in Aramni, but I've seen the treatment of the halfling people in Aviona firsthand, and we don't hold with that out here."

    Wyvurn:

    Spoiler:
    "Forgive me, sir, but I am forced to admit that I am unclear as to your motives. Let me be totally clear that I hold you in respect, and mean no offense in any question I ask of you. That said, if you are on some personal errand, as I suspect, you may call on my soldiers and influence to accomplish it -- after I march on Skarn Keep, and assuming I survive. If you are indeed a mercenary, as some have advised me, I'll pay a fourth again your normal rate, in gold, to keep you on as we head up to Skarn Keep. If you're on the run, I can grant you immunity for past misdeeds, and full citizenship if you want it. If something else, please name it."

    Jaegr:

    Spoiler:
    "Your case is a difficult one. As the Mountain King Balin is technically an enemy sovereign, I am unable to grant you knighthood, citizenship, honors, or any other official notice whatever. Yet I am unwilling to default on the debt I owe you. This puts me in an awkward position -- I am forced to ask you to tell me what I can grant you that is within my power to grant, given the circumstances we're in. As an aside, I admire what I've heard of your prowess, and will desperately need fighters of your mettle at Skarn Keep. So I'll make you a bargain -- whatever you ask of me, I'll go double if we both survive the siege of the keep (and obviously nothing if we die!). What say you, sir?"


    Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

    "Cricket, we did indeed go to the moors with the intentions of driving away some marauding bullywugs. We were too late, however, and our further presence there would have achieved nothing. Returning to the highlands, we began to search for Lord Fenrift's daughter, who was missing. We searched several areas, including scouting Skarn Keep - a place rumored to house the vilest sort of black magic - and a landwyrm's lair. We happened upon and killed some ogres that were threatening Miralda - who is Lord Fenrift's cousin - and discovered she was also looking for the girl."

    "Following her lead to Wolvishton, we learned of the three curses the village was under. In the course of helping the villagers, we fought and slew the devil-boar, destroyed several vampires, and routed an army of hill dwarf bandits. In the sewers beneath Wolvishton, we discovered Lord Fenrift's daughter had been kidnapped by a dark priest, and she had stolen a powerful magical egg from him. Hiding the egg by swallowing it, she was slain by its potent evil. The dark priest, who also had a hand in the creation of the vampires, is still at large. He works for Anasovin, a man known for his necromantic depravities. The necromancer had been searching for the egg, and sent the bandits to retrieve it."

    "Now that we have delivered the girl's body to her father, it is time to turn our attention to Skarn Keep. We will stop back in Wolvishton along the way, but ultimately we will destroy the necromancer Anasovin, and all who ally themselves with him."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

    Fenrift to Cricket:

    Spoiler:
    "You have my leave to bathe with any in the keep who will allow it, whether singly or in groups or in any other bizarre manner you devise. Do so with any who object, and I'll be forced to hang you, however. Also, if you would like, I can have studded leather barding made for your canine companion, who indeed seems to have impressed the soldiers with his lolling tongue and good nature."


    Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

    Private conversation.....

    Lord Fenerit

    Spoiler:

    "I am led to understand that you are a refugee from Aramni. If that is so, please allow me to officially grant you asylum in the Estren Territories, and full citizenship here, with all the rights thereof. I hope you'll come to consider this keep as home. If any fools from across the border come to pursue you, they will meet armed resistance from me. Further, if you decide on a military career, be assured that you will command men with my full authority backing you. I don't know how you were treated in Aramni, but I've seen the treatment of the halfling people in Aviona firsthand, and we don't hold with that out here."

    Caspian

    Spoiler:

    "You do great honor to a part time musician and limited experience server of alcohol. I accept your offer of citizenship since I have none to call my own." Smiles a half smile "You of course realize that the others are unaware that I am leading them?"

    pauses...."and it might be better they remain in the dark, so to speak..."


    M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
    Caspian Barefoot wrote:
    ** spoiler omitted **

    He returns a half-smile.

    Spoiler:
    "I have it on good authority that that the wolf was leading your group, with the goblin following him and the rest of you following the goblin. So have no fear -- your secret is safe with me."

    Caspian Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Caspian Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
    Fenrift Bluff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
    Fenrift Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

    You were led to believe that Count Fenrift was born without a sense of humor, so you're not sure how to take this remark. Still, he seems well-disposed towards you.


    M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

    After your meetings, Lady Fenrift conducts a small, touching funeral ceremony for little Lissa. The body is burned and spells cast to lay her spirit to rest, and there is nary a dry eye in the place when it finishes. Count Fenrift looks on, standing at attention, with his face like stone -- there's no telling what his thoughts are.


    male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

    To Fenrit:

    Spoiler:
    "No offense taken, Count. My errand, as you put it, is of self-discovery and inner reflection. I will wander the land until I can come to terms with what I am. Am I the monster that I appear or something more? Something better? I feel it is the latter, but who knows, maybe I will regress, maybe not...

    Wyvurn shrugs and smiles.

    "For now I owe my life to my companions so I will stand by them. The cause we fight for, as I am sure Kelgan has explained, is just...and that feels right to me. What resides at Skarn Keep must be stopped because it is wrong. We are of like minds on this so I will fight by your side and with your men. You need not pay me. Full citizenship is much appreciated and I thank you for it, but I suspect that once this is over, I will continue my journey."


    Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

    To Fenrift

    Spoiler:

    "It would be my great honor to be your vassal, Lord Fenrift. There are many hidden struggles on the frontier, and the common folk often suffer the worst from them. I have striven to protect them during my journeys, and shall continue to do so so long as I draw breath."

    "In the short time I spent with the Duke, I found him a respectful and grounded soul, focused on true pursuits, and not those frivolous ones you've mentioned before. Loyalty to such a man is not something I would find stifling."

    "I have only the Queen's reputation and not the measure of her myself, but I doubt that such men as yourself or the Duke would follow her were she not a worthy liege. I understand the Duke works ceaselessly to free her. Others in Kaiserburg seemed divided on the issue; I witnessed several bloody duels in the streets."

    "Being a landed man is not something I foresaw, and I am of two minds about it. Being tied to one place can be cloying, but I know I'll not be young forever. Having somewhere to retire to does have a certain appeal. Having rents and revenue would make my travels easier, though what value I can eke from a bog will have to be seen. A distillery would suit me just fine, indeed."

    "It's kind of you to say so, but I'm sure your memory isn't quite so short as all that. I remember having the noose sized right here in the courtyard, and I'd rather that part of my life was behind me forever."

    "I accept your offer."

    "I know it takes time to ready the men for a long march. I had thought to lead my band ahead, to scout Skarn Keep and strike as we're able. The necromancer's power might be vast, but it is not limitless. A crossbow to the skull will still kill him, or so I hope. I'll keep the egg safe from prying eyes and do what I can to destroy it. Perhaps some clues to it's origin - and destruction - can be found within the Keep."


    Male Goblin Druid 4
    Kelgan Cragbelly wrote:

    "Cricket, we did indeed go to the moors with the intentions of driving away some marauding bullywugs. We were too late, however, and our further presence there would have achieved nothing. Returning to the highlands, we began to search for Lord Fenrift's daughter, who was missing. We searched several areas, including scouting Skarn Keep - a place rumored to house the vilest sort of black magic - and a landwyrm's lair. We happened upon and killed some ogres that were threatening Miralda - who is Lord Fenrift's cousin - and discovered she was also looking for the girl."

    "Following her lead to Wolvishton, we learned of the three curses the village was under. In the course of helping the villagers, we fought and slew the devil-boar, destroyed several vampires, and routed an army of hill dwarf bandits. In the sewers beneath Wolvishton, we discovered Lord Fenrift's daughter had been kidnapped by a dark priest, and she had stolen a powerful magical egg from him. Hiding the egg by swallowing it, she was slain by its potent evil. The dark priest, who also had a hand in the creation of the vampires, is still at large. He works for Anasovin, a man known for his necromantic depravities. The necromancer had been searching for the egg, and sent the bandits to retrieve it."

    "Now that we have delivered the girl's body to her father, it is time to turn our attention to Skarn Keep. We will stop back in Wolvishton along the way, but ultimately we will destroy the necromancer Anasovin, and all who ally themselves with him."

    Thank you, Kelgan.

    Turns to rest of the party.

    Did you know about this Lord Fenrift guy? Or that Miralda was his cousin? Or that we were searching for Fenrift's daughter? I thought we were just walking around. I'll tell you what, though. From now on, I'm reading all the spoiler tags.


    Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 21 (37)/42 (0 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

    Kirth:

    Jaegr sits for a moment thinking on Fenrift's offer. He sits so still Fenrift may even think Jaegr has fallen asleep. Finally he stirs and says, Lord Fenrift, I thank you for the offer. I am but a simple Mountain dwarf, son of the former high priest of the Rock Eternal. I came to the surface to fulfill and oath I gave to my father. That can wait, as your situation is more dire."

    "Know however I have learned much since I have come to the surface, but you topside folk confuse me so. Kelgan is not bad folk even for a hill dwarf, but he has his secrets. Still I will follow him even if he will not confide in me. Wyvurn is the monster I was taught to slay as a child, though he is one of the finest men I know. Caspian looked as a child to me when I first saw him, but I know better now and consider him a true friend. And Cricket, he grows on you." Jaegr attempted a joke about Cricket being a druid but he has no real skill in humor.

    "In any event, I go where they go no matter their reason. I was taught to hit hard and take hard hits. My armor is unique and my pick axe is precious beyond price as it was my grand pappy Raugh Gnaugh's weapon. (Rock Knock)"

    "So unless you have something in one of your hidden vaults to help me fight vampires and necromancers, I have all I need."

    "If I could ask anything, it would be news on one of my kin, a dverge named Rim, a holy man to my people. I would also appreciate news of this mountain dwarf be kept under wraps as best you could."

    Oh and Lord Fenrift. Although King Balin may be considered an enemy sovereign now, maybe after the ugly business with the necromancer is over we can begin to change that for the better."


    M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
    Kelgan Cragbelly wrote:
    ** spoiler omitted **

    "Sir Kelgan, as I may now call you, if the timetable you outlined is at all accurate, the time for scouting is past. The garrison here is ready to march, and those men in the eastern courtyard are the retinue of Sir Allen of the Iron Keep.

    I have no idea what that dog Anasovin found in the marshes that he slew a whole village for, but it can't be good for us. Conversely, he must know by now that his soul is in our hands. Based on the information you and Miralda have already provided, what I propose is this:

    I will lead my forces and Allen's against the keep, in a straightforward manner. We'll storm the wall of bones, destroy the skeletons and whatever other manner of fell troops he's raised, and attempt to lure him into the open. While we do so, you and your companions try and sneak into the keep -- we've turned up an old plan, which indicates a hidden tunnel at the base of the hill leading up into the place. At the same time you penetrate that tunnel, Miralda and her companions will stage an attack on the postern gate of the keep itself. Bear in mind that if her attack is successful, your mission will be for naught. However, I do not believe this will be the case. As it is she has no idea that her mission is a mere feint, and I would not like that information to get out.

    If you find Anasovin inside the keep, avoid combat with him until you can let us in to take the keep -- but as I said, I hope to draw him outside, to repel us. In any event, once he is dead, crush the egg with a rock or something and we'll have done with him.

    Beware this man Donaldson -- I believe he has an unholy relic or two, and is to the vicar in Wolvishton as Dispar Anasovin is to him."


    M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
    Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:
    ** spoiler omitted **

    Spoiler:
    "I met Rim, and his companion Agun, and took an interest in the latter especially. I sent them west to Hylore, in the company of Sheraviel, a corporal in my army. Last word I received, Sheraviel had accepted service in the King's Guard. Further information should be easy for me to obtain, given a few weeks."

    You can gain all of the information HERE.


    Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

    "We shall make our way into the castle with all possible stealth. Should we find the means to open the way for your army, we'll take it. Avoiding direct confrontation with the necromancer is sound, though should I catch him sleeping, it won't go well for him."

    "Miralda did well for herself at Wolvishton. She knows what sort of monster we're up against, and I'm sure she'll do her best to breach the gate. An adequate effort should give us more cover, and I hope she's smart enough to keep her assault from being a martyr's charge."

    "I've shared with you what we learned of Friar Donaldson from the vicar's journal. I do not take that man lightly. I believe Anasovin entrusted the egg to his lieutenant, that it would be elsewhere from his body as insurance. We'll see to it that Donaldson meets justice and that Anasovin's life ends when you kill him."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

    @Lord Fenerit
    "Aye Citizen Caspian! I like the sound of that!"

    During the funeral...
    Caspian sees the ghost most clearly as he is finely tuned to the vibrations of the other side....

    As the spells are being cast to lay the spirit to rest, and the girl's ghost begins to fade, she calls out to and hugs Caspian..
    "I'm scared!"
    Caspian plays her a song to give her courage....

    The Doors break on through (with slight modifications)...

    Spoiler:

    You know the day destroys the night
    Night divides the day, tried to run, tried to hide
    Break on through to the other side
    Break on through to the other side
    Break on through to the other side

    Yeah, chased our pleasures here
    Dug our treasures there, still recall the time we cried
    Break on through to the other side
    Break on through to the other side
    Break on through, yeah alright

    Yeah, everybody loves you baby
    Everybody loves you baby
    we got, we got
    We got, we got to say goodbye, yeah

    I found an island in your arms, country in your eyes
    Arms that chain us eyes that die
    Break on through to the other side
    Break on through to the other side
    Break on through, yeah alright

    Yeah, made the scene week to week, day to day, hour to hour
    The gate is straight deep and wide
    Break on through to the other side
    Break on through to the other side
    Break on through, break on through
    Break on through, break on through

    Oh yeah, hey, hey, oh, hey, oh, hey, hey
    Oh, hey, hey, oh, hey, oh, hey, oh, yeah

    Later in the evening

    Caspian's notes and observations on Jaegr, Wyvern, Kelgan and his countless questions finally paid off he can now see the subtle shifts in hip placement and weight distribution that lead to devistating attacks....

    Tries to explain it to Miralda....

    "Watch Jaegr, he takes up his stance of stone, and then attacks with his avalanche blow. But you can see him take on the stance, and can see the avalanche coming....like the low rumble ahead of a real avalanche."

    This is in game explanation of the new feat, re-tooled beginers luck...


    F High Elf Ranger 1/Wizard 4

    Back out in the courtyard, Miralda calls you over and introduces you to her friends:

    (Indicating the mixed elf guy, who looks like he hasn't bathed in a fortnight, or had a haircut in three score. He appears to be carrying a stringless longbow, and has a dog with him -- maybe a yellow lab or something -- that keeps randomly "popping" in and out of existence)

    "This is Bryan Arnathson, called 'the Ghost Wolf.' He's the greatest sniper archer who ever lived, and I think he's psychic, too!" It's disgustingly obvious that she dotes on this guy.

    (Indicating a brooding, black-bearded hill dwarf in light armor, who is busily drinking an ale; he carries a warhammer at his belt)

    "This is Vortigern, our friend."

    The dwarf nods and says,

    "Friends of friends
    Are like silvers in the dragon's hoard
    Though not gold themselves
    They gleam brighter than copper."

    (Anyone who speaks Dwarven realizes that the lines, in that language, would rhyme).

    (Indicating a blonde elven woman, who wears plate armor and a white tabard. She has a snooty expression and frowns at you with what appears to be a mixture of puzzlement and disapproval.)

    "This is Valisandra, who comes from the same village as Bryan. She just got back from Northwind, and now she's a real paladin! Isn't that exciting?"


    F High Elf Ranger 1/Wizard 4

    "Bryan, Vorty, Vali, these are the people I was telling you about.

  • Sir Kelgan is into all kinds of crafts-y stuff, and can shoot a mean crossbow. He's a vassal to my uncle Delmar, and is very brave.
  • Jaegr is a mountain dwarf, from under the Elder Mountains; anything he touches with his pickaxe dies instantly. He doesn't talk much but I think he's very kind and gentle when he's not killing things.
  • Caspian sings hilarous songs and makes everyone feel better, even when they're trudging through swamps. I believe that he, too, is very brave.
  • Cricket is an adopted member of the Tuelvi people, and is a full-fledged shaman. He is wise about spirits and is also very fun to be around, although he is always introducing weird activities that he claims are wood elf rituals (Bryan, I might have to ask about some of them...).
  • Wyvurn can be as terrifying as he looks, and it's best not to offend him. Still -- no offense, Valisandra -- I think he's got you beat when it comes to a code of honor and all that sort of thing. And he is as stealthy as you are, Bryan."


  • Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 5

    Kelgan appreciates the limerick and slaps Vortigern on the back. He replies with one of his own:

    "There is no better way
    to honor those absent friends
    and those who are here
    than with spirits and song!"

    Digging into his pack, he retrieves the bottle of whiskey he'd distilled at Burl's, back before the Forge exploded. It is nearly empty, but enough remains for a swig apiece.

    "I'm not one for fancy toasts, but I would like to say something."

    He takes a swig and passes the bottle, inhaling as the liquor burns - the bite of the fire that brewed it.

    "When I met you in Kaiserburg, you were convenient allies. You helped me foil the assassination attempt on Duke Kolvin; you were competent and didn't ask too many questions. When the lizardman brought his plight, you were eager to help, and though the journey was perilous, and ultimately futile, you kept your complaints quiet. You followed me to Wolvishton without inquiry or hesitation, and fought beside me against hellbeasts, undead horrors, and bloodthirsty bandits."

    "In my time in the Regiment, I have led men, and received their compliance, if not their loyalty or respect. And, to be honest, the feeling was mutual; I preferred to work alone. In the face of the foe we now go to fight, that is not - cannot - be enough. You are fearless and valiant, and you deserve better. Our destination is Skarn Keep. What fresh horrors await us there, I do not know, but I promise you this:"

    "Follow me into the bowels of the Keep and I will keep you safe. Fight beside me and I shall see that you do not fall. Ask of me, and I will answer as fully as I can, holding nothing back. Trust in me, and I will see us all out alive."


    male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

    Wyvurn will take the bottle on is turn and try not to take more than his share.

    "I will stand by you all fight like a rabid worg because you in turn have stood by me. And because what lies at Sharn Keep must be destroyed."

    Miralda, you are very kind and I am pleased to meet your friends. Whatever lies in Sharn Keep does not stand a chance."

    3,751 to 3,781 of 3,781 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.