Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


1,801 to 1,850 of 3,696 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

If I didn't lose any more hps, I was at -1


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Fast Recovery will empower CLW on him.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Cricket casts cure light wounds on whoever needs it the most.

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

I'll be away for most of the weekend. Feel free to play Cricket, Kirth, but if you get him killed...I'll be very distraught.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Caspian's cure would put me at 3hps or 5 hps depending on how empower works, I could use another cure light


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Let me go back and look how many spells I used so far....

Caspian has used 3/5 of his first level spells.

What will healing lorecall let me do for Jaegr?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Spoiler:
Healing Lorecall
(Complete Adventurer)

Divination
Level: Ranger 1, Cleric 2, Druid 2,
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 minute/level

A caster with 5 or more ranks in Heal can, when casting a conjuration (healing) spell, choose to remove any one of the following conditions affecting the target of the spell, in addition to the spell's normal effects: dazed, dazzled, or fatigued.
A caster with 10 or more ranks in Heal can choose from the following conditions in addition to those above: exhausted, nauseated, or sickened.
Also, when determining the amount of damage healed by your conjuration (healing) spells, you can substitute your total ranks in Heal for your caster level.

You don't have 5+ ranks in Heal, and your number of ranks is equal to your caster level, so unfortunately it will do exactly nothing. You'd be better off making a Spellcraft check to Heighten a cure light wounds into a cure moderate wounds spell, and then cast that on Jaegr with that 2nd level spell slot.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:
Caspian's cure would put me at 3hps or 5 hps depending on how empower works, I could use another cure light

You're at 5 hp (I empower the whole CLW spell, because otherwise it's usually sort of pointless). Cricket's spell on top of that puts you up to 12 hp (I'm assuming you'll be fighting and Caspian will hang back and inspire, so that you need the cure spells more).

Cricket (if you're still here): Wolvie can act before the zombies do.
If not: As a heads-up, I'll be without internet access this coming week from Sunday through Saturday, so I won't be able to post during that time. You guys can take that week to discuss tactics, because this fight will be, if I'm guessing correctly, the hardest one you've faced yet. Kaylissa, in case you haven't noticed, is one bad b++&&.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Noted. I'll assume most of my turn will be getting out of the box and getting my war hammer ready to use


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

I will keep the zombies off Caspian and Cricket. I have a reach (10' and adjacent squares w/ short grip) tripping weapon and will keep knocking down any that try to move past me. Caspian, while you're within my reach, you get +1 AC and Saves, and you only take half damage from all attacks (I take the rest). I can spend an attack of opportunity to take all damage from a single attack. With reach, I can provide good flanking opportunities for Jaegr, Wyvern, and Wolvie. There are a few more high-octane incendiaries in my pack as well. Being on fire might make it hard for her fight back.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian sees the friendly dwarf with the long weapon and the zombies clustered around the female, with a wall of friends in front of him he can not help but from his range away put a grease spellunder those unsteady zombies and their female master.

Caspian had been beneath that one before and lubrication was generally not needed, but this time.

Assuming far enough back to be out of the dark energy and out of combat range....

More healing for Jaegr in next action. Bluff1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 that I am casting another CLW on Jaegr this round.
"Let me heal you some more J, those zombies look tough!"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr will yell out after he sees that woman again, "Beware when she takes out obsidian, she has some foul magic that drains the life right out of everyone in the room!"


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Bring it, zombies!

Kelgan waits for the zombies to close. They look worse than any bloated battlefield corpse and he silently suppresses a shudder.

"Stay close to me, Caspian. Her foul magic will not touch you. I swear it upon Grandmother Ruke's Grave."


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The zombies use their turn to cover the distance to where they can step up and strike next round -- they seem to be too slow and clumsy to both move and attack. Kaylissa moves forward cautiously; she fires a crossbow at Kelgan as she advances, then drops it.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Caspian Barefoot wrote:
Assuming far enough back to be out of the dark energy and out of combat range....

Looking at the situation, Caspian realizes that this won't be a 1-spell victory. With the movement just taken, Kaylissa is about 30 ft. away from the party (her zombie tags along and takes his position back up, too); the other zombies are 5 ft. - 10 ft. away. The range on your grease spell is 30 ft. So everyone can get everyone (you know from prior experience the baleful energy reaches about 30 ft.) unless you take a step back, which would put Kaylissa out of grease range.

The zombies advanced in a line to stay out of each other's way, so they're stung out along 20 ft. or so of floor space. Unfortunately, grease affects a single 10-ft. square.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Absorbing the shock of the bolt's impact with his shield, Kelgan gives her a grin. "You'll have to do better than that. Honestly, how conceited of you to think you were capable of troubling his Grace."

Will attack a zombie within reach if possible without moving. If not, will move forward and attack. In that case, will warn Caspian to retreat and use preemptive action to assume Shield Other when Jaegr approaches.

Glaive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Kelgan -- the zombies are within reach of your glaive, but unfortunately your complex tactical calculations seem to have thrown off your aim; the blow whistles through the air, missing them all by a wide margin, and you're afraid for a second you'll lose your grip on the glaive!

Wolvie attacks a zombie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Snarling, the wolf leaps at the zombie furthest to the left, knocking it to the floor and savaging it with his fangs! One zombie prone and injured; 3 up and a threat in the front row:

X....O....O....O
w
Cr...J....K....W
........Ca

Where X's and O's are zombies, w = Wolvie; Cr = Cricket; K = Kelgan; J = Jaegr; K = Kelgan; W = Wyvurn; Ca = Caspian. This layout explains how both Cricket and Caspian were able to touch Jaegr to heal him, and allows Kelgan to shift his stance to guard Caspian, Jaegr, or Wyvurn, as needed.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Damn concentration. Luckily with a reach weapon and shorten grip, I can Shield Other in adjacent and 10' squares, so there's a lot of flexibility.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Kelgan Cragbelly wrote:
Damn concentration. Luckily with a reach weapon and shorten grip, I can Shield Other in adjacent and 10' squares, so there's a lot of flexibility.

Yup. Synergizing Exotic Weapon Proficiencies and fighter talents was supposed to open a lot of doors; I'm glad people are trying them out! You guys have hopefully noticed by now that I'm generally sticking to PF/3.5-standard tactics (casters and monsters as bad guys), with a few exceptions; once you guys all get comfortable with what your martials can really do now, I'll start mixing and matching, and/or pulling out some of the stops.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Yay, Wolvie!

Next turn, Cricket will cast magic fang on Wolvie and then take a 5' step back. If Wolvie ever looks like he's in trouble, Cricket whistles for him to get out of there.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Unless I've lost track of the order already, up next:
(1) Caspian, then (2) Wyvurn, then (3) Cricket's step and spell.
(3a) Wolvie will continue chewing on the zombie that's down, using his newly-enhanced teeth.
(4) If they're still up, the zombies will counterattack, and Kaylissa will do something nastier than shooting a crossbow!
(5) Jaegr will no doubt destroy anything within reach of him.
(6) Kelgan then starts the next round.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn will move diagonally across to end next to wolvie in front of Jaegr. I am going to assume its less than half his move so he is going to cut down the zombie directly in front of Jaegr with an intent of breaking their line and getting behind them.

Accelerated Acrobatics to get by zomibe without AO's : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Attacks on zombie: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wyvurn -- Caspian's grease, if he decides to cast it instead of activating his inspiration, may change the setup. If not, I'll assume your stated action applies; if so, you can change your mind at that time.

Caspian?


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian knows that the zombies will have the most trouble with the grease, but also hopes a fall on her ass would be ammusing.

The grease including everyone ....

Besides Caspains backside has been reddened by that one already


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn is cool with continuing with his turn as planned. Another acrobatics check to traverse grease or does difficulty increase and just use the one?

Just in case acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian, check out the sketch map and remember that grease affects only a 10-ft. square. You cannot grease everyone.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Back row of zombies and including the incoming doorway behind them.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Caspian Barefoot wrote:
Back row of zombies and including the incoming doorway behind them.

OK, I'm assuming you mean the two zombies in the middle -- the back row is 20 ft. long, as noted above and as shown on the map. Also, the zombies spent their turn moving away from the door, so you can't also get that in the area of effect.

Reflex saves for greased zombies:
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Nice positioning, Wyvern: you now protect Jaegr from the only immediate melee threat to him. Your acrobatics let you avoid AoO, and one of your slashes connects with the zombie in front of you, opening its torso. Unfortunately, the thing still seems to keep on coming.

Cricket steps back and touches Jaegr, healing him 7 more hp.

Wolvie attacks the prone zombie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

New Map:

X....O....X....O
w....W..........
.....J....K.....
Cr.......Ca

The zombie in front of Wyvurn attacks him: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The prone zombie in front of Kelgan tries to get up without falling down again: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Kaylissa point her finger and incants strongly. However, her line of effect to Jaegr has been interrupted by Wyvurn. Wyvurn, it's your choice: you can move aside just far enough to allow the spell to target Jaegr, or you can stand there and take the effects yourself. A Spellcraft check as an immediate action might let you figure out what the spell is, but if you use your immediate action for that, you can't also use it to make an AoO against the zombie trying to get up.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn will grit his teeth and take the hit. He'll also slash the zombie trying to get up.

AoO:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wyvurn reaches out and slashes strongly at the zombie standing up, opening its shoulder to the bone, but not preventing it from rising. However, Caspian's grease is still there, and the zombie falls down again as soon as it regains its feet.

Wyvurn is also struck by the baleful magic of Kaylissa's spell -- Will save


Male Goblin Druid 4

Yay, Wolvie!!


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Stay away from the light!


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Thanks for the intervention! It is time to reacquaint myself with Kaylissa and explain to her how much I do not appreciate having lost my ancestral pick axe. I'll let my hammer do the talking.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wyvurn, everything gets dark for a second, then your sight clears and you reflexively grin at her, pointed teeth showing in a scowl of contempt for such a lame effort on her part.

Jaegr -- you're up!


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Kirth, which one is Kaylissa? Can my stubby legs get to her in a 20 ft movement? In a double move if not that?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Kaylissa isn't on the map -- she'd be several rows behind the zombies. She's within 30 ft., though, so you could reach her with a double move -- if you could charge through Wyvurn and one of the zombies.

If Wyvurn had another immediate action, he could step aside to let you past. Note this round he'd ideally have 3 immediate actions, compared to the one he was able to take -- the value of Combat Reflexes begins to become apparent! In later play, when you martial guys will want to selectively move around and/or attack between turns, it'll be invaluable.

You could still try to Overrun both Wyvurn and the zombie. Wyvurn could choose to drop prone (not resist the overrun), and the zombie's CMD probably isn't that high, but you'd provoke an AoO from the zombie.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Due to the grease being where the zombie is, I think, overrun wouldn't be a good idea. I'll keep in mind the combat reflexes thing for later though

Jaegr will attack the Zombie on the ground next to Wyvurn

Power Attack Silver Hammer 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 - 1 = 25
Damage 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Jaegr will tell Wyvurn "Go get in her face and make it hard for her to cast any more spells. I'll be right there!


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Kelgan jabs his glaive at the zombie in front of Wyvern. He hooks the curved spike at the zombie's ankle, trying to bring it down. Just a short jerk and the grease will do the rest.

Trip 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

That should be easily do-able; I'll simply assume Wolvie moves around the downed zombie a bit, letting you get into the square he was occupying.

Jaegr's hammer smashes into the zombie's head, finishing the job that Wyvurn's kukri started.

Kelgan -- you're up!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Oops... ninja'd by Kelgan.
The zombie is jerked to the ground by Kelgan's glaive, and he's unable to make an attack of opportunity because of Kelgan's reach. Nice one!

Caspian -- you're up.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian starts to inspire his companions and loads up a slingstone to go after his former lover....

Bagpiping begins!

Halfling slingstaff
sling attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
sling damage 1d6 ⇒ 3


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian: pick one; you're not high enough level yet to activate your inspiration as a move action. Also keep in mind that as a minstrel you can cast spells, but not attack with weapons, while maintaining an inspiration.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Begins to inspire....


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Coolio. Wyvurn, Jaegr, Kelgan -- don't forget to add in those +1s from now on. And Wolvie, too!

Wyvurn, then Cricket & Wolvie.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Kill! Kill! Kill the zombies!


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn will continue forward getting up into Kaylissa's face. He'll slash the zombie Kelgan jerked to the ground on the way by. If he can down it with one slash, he'll save the other Kukri for Kaylissa, if not, double tap the zombie. All acrobatics checks made with accelerated movement.

Acrobatics to move through grease: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Acrobatics to avoid AoO's: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Attacks with kukris: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Male Goblin Druid 4

Wolvie continues mauling zombies.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 + trip if applicable (I don't remember if the one he earlier took down is still active or not) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Goblin Druid 4

Good dog!

Cricket casts bull's strength on Jaeger if he is still within a 5' step. If not, he casts it on Kelgan.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wyvurn practically glides over the grease, destroying the prone zombie on his way past, and ends up in front of Kaylissa. Another slash at the end of his movement inexplicably misses, shunted aside at the last second by some invisible means of deflection.

Cricket steps forward 5 ft. again, now that the closest zombies are down, and touches Jaegr, enhancing him with bull's strength.

Wolvie mauls the hell out of the zombie he'd been harassing, savaging the remains until it flops around like an oversized Ragggedy Andy doll.

Kaylissa's zombie bodyguard attempts to shove Wyvurn back away:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 -- This provokes an attack of opportunity from you.

With Wyvurn out of her face, Kaylissa casts a spell. Wyvurn -- Will save.

1,801 to 1,850 of 3,696 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.