Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


1,751 to 1,800 of 3,514 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

has twisted dreams of getting back at that b%!~& who did this......


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

She is a bad breaker-upper. I really thought you kids were gonna make it


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Not willingly* getting involved with that one again......

*excludes times of ensorcellment, drunkedness, or plain old despiration........


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:

If this occurs as planned, Cricket motions to Wyvurn to follow him as he makes his way stealthily [Stealth 1d20+9 to the balcony below the crow and starts climbing up the balconies one by one.

May I draw your attention to this, Mr. Dungeon Master, sir?In case my appeal is rejected (Perception) 1d20+8

Wait! I'm confused!

1. I understood Cricket was going to try and climb to the balcony.
2. I understood that Cricket originally motioned Wycurn to follow him; however,
3. I also understood from Wyvern that he was checking out the wagon, and ultimately trying to climb under it.
4. The wagon is not parked against the wall under the balcony you're trying to climb to; rather, it's in the driveway. Ergo,
5. Cricket and Wyvern must not be in the same place.
That said, if I apply an ad hoc +8 to your Perception roll to see Wyvurn, since he's specifically trying to be visible to you, 23 + 8 = 31, and his Stealth results were 31. Bingo!


Male Goblin Druid 4

Never mind. Yay!!


Male Goblin Druid 4

A Series of Climb Checks:

1d20 ⇒ 20

Oh yeah, m!%@&!~!+*$~!

1d20 ⇒ 5

So, that's just like my crit confirm something roll, right? That's all I failed, right?

1d20 ⇒ 2

Okay, so, I think I'm probably back at the bottom and I might even have to take damage! 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Goblin Druid 4

Cricket looks about and re-assesses the situation.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Escape Artist to stash myself in: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Athletics to just plain hold on if that doesn't work 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Looks like I am holding on

Wyvurn's plan is to see where they are taking Caspian's body and hope they will leave the carriage unattended at some point.

If Cricket spotted him, he'll try to signal him to follow.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Word! Cricket sees the ugly hobgoblin hanging onto the underside of the carriage for dear life -- just in time, as the woman has just succeeded in thrusting the summoned horse through the neck, sending it back to the Beastlands in a spurt of blood. She's lost her chef's hat by this point, which prompts a Perception check from you -- helplfully made by the DM so you don't have to waste time and post counts for it -- I hope that's OK:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Opposed Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Cricket wins!
The way her hair falls to the side when she thrusts with the rapier is what does it. The "caterer" is Sergeant Kaylissa of the City Watch, wearing a chef's costume.


Male Goblin Druid 4

I don't know what to do.

Cricket whistles for Wolvie, runs to meet him and attempts to mount and ride away at breakneck speed.

At the same time, he yells out in Bird Keep an eye on that wagon for me, Brother Crow, and I will make sure you dine well for days!

Then he yells in Goblin I shall return!

When he is a couple of blocks away, he looks for somewhere to hide.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

You mount up and head off, just in time to avoid Wolvie being carted away by the dog-catcher and to avoid your head becoming a bouncing ball for Mr. Ugly Doorman's weighted truncheon.

A Handle Animal check to avoid falling off of Wolvie would be a good thing -- nothing would spoil your Zorro-like exit worse than tumbling head over tail and landing in a heap at the doorman's feet!

Assuming that succeeds -- your Perception check reminds you that you found a perfect hiding place in just the right spot (wherever you want that to be; probably a nice cozy dumpster in an alley somewhere!) earlier on, and with a 21 Stealth it's unlikely any random passers-by will spot you with a passive check; there aren't too many people with +11 Perception modifiers wandering around alleyways.

The crow is happy to help his brother, but is getting pretty freaked out by all the bloodshed; it might be prudent to make a Wild Empathy check to back up your promide of food.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Handle Animal 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Wild Empathy 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Woot!

Cricket, you and Wolvie leave truncheon guy eating your dust -- with the crow flying overhead and cawing his agreement. The carriage pulls out from the driveway and onto the main street, with the woman inside with the crates and one of the halflings from the hotel acting as coachman.

Wyvurn -- peering out from main beam (to which you're hanging), you can see, with no great surprise, that the carriage is headed for the police station in which you were most recently a "guest."


Male Goblin Druid 4

After the wagon has pulled a safe distance away, Cricket leaves his hiding spot and pursues Wyvurn.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Nice! With the crow overhead calling to you, you don't even need to make tracking checks. And your stealth is, as usual, sufficient to keep you hidden in sewers, alleys, and hedgerows where most people don't even think to look for you. Caspian, with his stubby legs, would have had trouble keeping up, but you do just fine.

Therefore, you're at a convenient vantage point to see the carriage pull in behind the police station, where a gate opens, allowing the vehicle to descend a ramp into a basement. As soon as the wagon is through, the gate begins to swing closed.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Cricket passive Perception results 18 vs.
Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Cricket, as you approach, you can see you're not the only one interested in the goings-on. There are a trio of hill dwarves crouched in an alley nearby; they seem to have bulky sacks with them, possibly containing fragile items from the way they handle them, and a coalbox. They don't seem to have spotted you, unless of course you come galloping up on Wolvie in the middle of the street.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Kelgan whispers to the men at his side, all right lads, this is it. As soon as we hear the alarm bell sound across the way, that's our cue. You remember which windows your to hit, right? Won't be long now.

He shifts in anticipation, his glaive and shield concealed under the blanket at his feet, his mail and the crossbow on his back covered with his stained travelling cloak. Carefully, he opens the coal box and fans the flame with a bit of tinder, blowing softly. The red glow of the tiny fire gives his face an ominous cast in the shadowed alleyway.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Cricket stays hidden.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

You might imagine that you can smell the smoke before the city fire bells begin sounding, but probably not. Brick buildings with slate roofs don't burn well -- but the hay in the stables does, and the timber construction of a lot of newer building most definitely does. Someone is apparently setting fires all over the city.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian dreams of a wood smoked turkey, with wild cranberry and walnut stuffing.......


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

That's it. Light 'em up! Kelgan stands up, pulls a bottle from his bulging sack, lights it with the coalbox, and hurls it skyward. He waits while the other dwarves pull, light, and throw, and then looks on with terrible satisfaction as the three flaming bottles plummet towards the watch house.

Ranged(Thrown) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

He pauses long enough to enjoy the spectacle of the first salvo, then hastens back to work, lobbing a few more incendiaries.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Grinning savagely, Kelgan congratulations his companions, Keep up the good work, boys. Toss a few more and run.

Then he pulls the soaked rag up from around his neck to cover his nose and mouth, snatches up his shield and glaive, and barrels out of the alleyway towards the gate that Sgt. Sinister's wagon dissapeared through. Open up, you honorless sons of whores! Gods save the Queen! he bellows as he crashes into it.

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Cricket, it appears some madman is storming the gates of the jailhouse, like the storming of the Bastille!

Wyvurn, you are aware of some kind of commotion, but not its nature. In any event, it's a nice distraction -- Sergeant Kaylissa and the others run to see what the disturbance is, leaving you alone with the crates. With relief, you can unknot your arms from the carriage's keel.

Caspian and Jaegr, you guys are still out. Luckily, neither one of you is in danger of bleeding to death; you were both stabilized at some point. It's hard to breathe in those crates, though!

Kelgan, go ahead and make a Strength check (or an attack, if you prefer) against the gate.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Charging Bull Rush 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27

Kelgan slams into the gate like fever-mad bull.

Confirm 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26

First impressions are the worst impressions!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

I'm not sure that bull rush quite works, despite the name, but regardless of the exact maneuver used, Kelgen has achieved a remarkable series of rolls! Assuming he's actually making a Strength check, a natural 20 still knocks the thing open (they haven't had time to arcane lock it, and security is lax enough -- as we've seen -- that they often forget to bar it).

Wyvurn -- the gate bursts open and a stocky hill dwarf comes barreling into the cellar, a glaive in one hand and a slightly-battered shield in the other. If you've come out from beneath the wagon (like, to check out the crates inside), he sees you; if you've remained hidden, you can try a Stealth check.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Probably would have dropped from under the carriage at first opportunity

As the door bursts open, Wyvurn would be rubbing the muscles in his arms and legs and looking to get Caspian out of his crate (Don't think I saw Jaegr so first priority would be to get Caspian.

The hobgoblin will turn to face the hill dwarf and draw his kukris.

"I have no quarrel with you, nor do I want any part in your mayhem. I just want to get my wrongly accosted friends out of this mess and as far away from here as possible. If its a fight you want though, you'll get it."


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

"You --" Kelgan's eyes narrow in surprise, "-- you're the dverge's bodyguard. Where is he? What are you doing in here? Where is Sergeant Sinister? I saw her in this coach just a moment ago. You're not working for her now, are you?" At the last question, Kelgan raises his tower shield and glaive slightly, and stares inquisitively at Wyvurn.

Bluff(Sense Motive) 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Satisfied by what he sees, he lowers his weapon and continues,"it's Sergeant Sinister who arrested you and your friends in the first place, right after that duel at the Forge. Help me find her, and I'll help get your friends from where-ever she's hidden them. Quickly, now, the building's on fire."

With that, he scans the cellar for wherever she might have fled to.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Goblin Druid 4
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Cricket, it appears some madman is storming the gates of the jailhouse, like the storming of the Bastille!

Vive le Galt!

WTF?!?

Cricket mounts Wolvie and canters (or whatever wolves do) through the wreckage of the gate after the wagon. Hopefully, those other dwarves won't stop him.

Handle Animal 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

"Bodyguard? Wait...You must be talking about Jaegr. I do not know where he is but Caspian, our halfling friend was with him and shoved in one of these crates. Perhaps Jaegr was as well. Help me open them and we can get them out of here and sort out what is going on."

Check for vitals on Caspian 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wolvie comes loping into the cellar, adroitly dodging the wrecked gates and small patches of flame, with Cricket expertly staying in the saddle despite jostling that would reduce a human's testicles to peanut butter. Wolvie gives Wyvern's hand a quick sniff and a lick, avoiding having his tongue cut off by the kukri in that hand, and glares suspiciously at Kelgan.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian is alive and stable -- it looks like someone blasted him unconscious with fell sorcery of some kind, then cast stabilize on him. Once you get the other large crate open, you find Jaegr inside, in the same condition.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

At this point, an interior door opens, about 60 ft. away; Kaylissa strides in, flanked by 5 shambling walking corpses -- two in front of her, two behind, and one at her left side. She seems shocked to find Wyvurn and Cricket in the basement, but recovers her poise quickly and says, "Ah, the escaped zoo animals have come back so we can feed them. Get back in your nice cage and mommy will bring you a treat."

Seeing Kelgan, though, her eyes suddenly narrow. "And the 'impartial witness' from the duel... so all of you were in on that stunt together! But tell me something -- who the hell gets themselves arrested as part of a plan? That makes no sense at all to me."


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

By Grandmother Ruke's Beard! What happened to them? Kelgan's whole posture changes when he sees the wounded pair. He strides over, leaning the glaive on the wagon and the shield beside it. Flipping his cloak back, he pulls off a crossbow and a weathered rucksack. From within it, he draws forth a healer's kit. I am here to stop a murder, but I cannot ignore the plight of the wounded. I delay here to save your friends lives. I will hold you to that debt.

[Ooc]Heal - First aid. Caspian, then Jager. 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Damn, posted without refreshing browser before

Tossing as side his bandages, he snatches up his weaponry and assumes a phalanx stance. So you come to me at last. Your rotting servants cannot protect you from justice!


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Assuming Caspian recovers enough to cast a cure light wounds on Jaegr.

Quietly
"Take a breather Jager, I thin Cricket did something bad to me while I was out."

Wow I am so low on spells.....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Druid 4

Cricket would never tea-bag you in your sleep, Caspian. It's not the Tuelvi way.


Male Goblin Druid 4

What were you guys doing in those boxes? And where's Vanya?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

"Never mind," she says, annoyed at everyone ignoring her villainous monologuing.
To the zombies: "Kill them!" She points at you, and four of the zombies begin shambling forward.

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Question, Is Capsian and I awake or still out of it?


Male Goblin Druid 4

What?!? Where did the zombies come from?!?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

P.S. Without calculating exactly how far into the negatives Caspian got, I'm going to assume Kelgan medicked him to 1 hp before Kaylissa interrupted the party -- so he's conscious, but still in lousy shape. He can cast CLW on Jaegr on his turn. Until he does so, Jaegr is still unconscious.


Male Goblin Druid 4
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Kaylissa strides in, flanked by 5 shambling walking corpses --

Oh. I guess they came from there.

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Goblin Druid 4

Psst, Jaegr, I got a cure spell, too.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Yippie! Any chance the were stupid enough to ship me with my pick or any of my other weapons?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:
Yippie! Any chance the were stupid enough to ship me with my pick or any of my other weapons?

Your pick would have been left where it fell. Any of the other stuff that was on you, you've still got -- her focus was to get you and Caspian back to HQ ASAP, and leave the rest for her inside person on the hotel staff to clean up, so she wasn't about to waste time frisking you or anything.


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

There is the fine dwarven crossbow and the open backpack with a case of bolts poking out where Kelgan dropped them when he was tending to your servant's wounds.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wyvurn, Kelgan, Caspian -- initiative?


Male Hill Dwarf Fighter 4

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

On my initiative

"None of your foul minions can stand against me. I have hunted you, and now I have you. Pray to your god of death, you go to her dark embrace soon, Sergeant."

Kelgan advances forward slightly and assumes Shield Ally stance, protecting Caspian.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Popping a ki point for mage armor


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

17. Kelgan drops his kit, readies his gear, and adopts his stance.
16. Caspian casts cure light wounds on Jaegr. 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
13. Wyvurn is now protected by mage armor.
12. Cricket and Wolvie get to act now.
8. Then the zombies will go.
0. Jaegr, if that broght you to consciousness, you can go then.

1,751 to 1,800 of 3,514 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.