Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,043 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

"Because we are escaped convicts. I'd prefer not to spend my life in a jail, doing hard labor, or executed. If you haven't noticed, we stand out pretty well. We at least need to let the recent memory of out escape fade. Sending a message would be best, but if we can't do that, we need to enlist an ally."


Male Goblin Druid 4

Stealth

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Can you see me now?

--

Handle Animal 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Coos to a pigeon and gets it to land in my hand. When (if) it does, Cricket ask it to fly around the Palace Hotel and look in the windows for a dignified dwarf or a six-nippled halfling and then report back to Cricket.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The pigeon is happy enough to fly to the hotel -- sometimes the people on the balconies feed it bread, and they have good bread there! It has a hard time with "dignified" and "nipples," however, and isn't too clear on the differences between humanoids -- they all pretty much look alike to a pigeon (although he claims that crows, which he detests, can tell individual faces apart).

He helpfully offers that he's better at distinguishing color than stupid mammals, so maybe you could tell him what colors to look for?


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Will I recover? Look at these bite marks, claw marks, and rope burns. Plus I think I need a bath and a bottle of wine, I feel dirty. Were you tortured as well?"

"I am being squeezed and pumped for information or pleasure, I am not certain which!"


Male Goblin Druid 4

Thank you, Mr. Pigeon Cricket lets the bird go and then mutters under his breath Stupid, pea-brained pigeons.

Handle Animal

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Hopefully, Cricket gets a crow. If he does he serves as a translator and lets Wyvurn issue the descriptions.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Crows are thicker than pigeons in this city; you find one without difficulty, and convince him to run your errand -- although it entails you enduring a lot of grumbling and sarcastic wise cracks from him, and you have to promise him he can steal any brightly-colored objects or jewelry he finds there.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Yeah, sure, steal what you want, buddy.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

He wants to know what the message is, and whether he has to repeat it in humanoid-langauge or whether he can just jeer it out in crow-caw. And he warns you that anything over 10 words or so is likely to get garbled in transission.

He also tilts his head oddly, looks at you carefully, and says, "You're one of the Tuelvi -- the Crow clan? That makes us brothers then, pal. So this one's on me."


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Drinks a bit too much and naps to recover from his ordeal....


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr sighs at not having a proper dwarf to drink with. Capsian has no staying power.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Yes, I am a Crow, too, thank Old Mother Tree [Turns to Wyvurn] So, whaddaya think, Wyvs? You got a 10-word-message in mind?


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

"Outside city. How can we get you to join us?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)
Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:

Capsian has no staying power.

That's not what she said!


Male Goblin Druid 4
Wyvurn wrote:
"Outside city. How can we get you to join us?"

Hmmm. Brother Crow, will you be able to deliver a reply? Or is this just a one-way job?

If the former, then fine. If the latter, maybe we should tie a note to his leg with room on the back for a reply?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The crow puffs up his chest and replies that of COURSE he could bring a reply -- he's not stupid! But you get the feeling he may become distracted and forget what the reply is, so a piece of paper is probably a good idea. You also notice that, although he's half paying attention to you, the other half of his attention is engaged in looking for bugs to eat and seeing if maybe there isn't anything shiny lying around that he might like to add to his nest.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

OK, the crow flies off with his message.

...a few minutes later:

Caspian, Jaegr, there's a knock on the door; someone calls out that your ale has arrived.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr will pick up his pick axe and go to the door, opening it up with with the axe hidden by the door just in case....


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Spoiler:
Roll initiative!


Male Goblin Druid 4

The note says what Wyvurn said it said.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Spoiler:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

perception
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Initiative
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Ale guy initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Before Jaegr can bring the pickaxe to bear, the guy in the hall bursts into the room; he's holding a sword, not a bottle of ale, and screams loudly as he seeks to impale you with it:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 22d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7 vs. flat-footed

He has a partner in the hall who looks anxious to come in behind him. Also:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

The door to the adjoining room bursts open at his yell, and two more guys start pouring in that way; the one in the lead takes a poke at Caspian:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 32d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Kill those two quick Jaegr, I got two more this way, so no playing with them!"

Caspain throws a net on the first one through the opposite door!

Net (ranged touch attack)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

I'm not 100% sure what I took there, but I am guessing 9?

Despite being suspicious of the man behind the door, Jaegr wasn't fast enough to avoid the cut. Jaegr defends himself bringing about his pick axe

Power Attack with Crushing Blow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Current HPs 24/33


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:
I'm not 100% sure what I took there, but I am guessing 9?

Sorry -- you took 1d6+1 = 2 rapier damage, plus 2d6 = 7 sneak attack damage = 9 total.

Not that it does him a lot of good -- the swing of your pickaxe takes his square in the face and drops him like a rag doll to the floor, leaving only three assailants to deal with.

Capsian is totally on the ball with his net -- he must have just finished folding it when those idiots came through the door -- the lead guy there is tangled up before he can take another step.

You can see the people you're fighting with are all wearing hotel livery.

The two guys still up attempt to move into flanking positions around Jaegr, but their entangled friend on the one hand and swinging weapons of their enemies on the other makes this a dicey proposition:

Acrobatics:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

vs. CMD 20, that's a win. The guy from the hall pokes at your eyes with his rapier, while the other one tries to skewer your liver:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 52d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 32d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr sees the two assailants maneuver around him like a pair of drow, who are these people?

Made their Acrobatics!

Jaegr attacks one closest to the door

Power Attack with Crushing Blow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Then attempts to close the door, if possible. Only the victors will leave this room. Jaegr thinks to himself

Kirth:
I notice the first attack in the opening round went from 17 to 16 which is a miss. Did you change that? Also what was the second d20 roll after that (21 total)


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian knows as a hobbit his only chance is keeping such foes away from him!

Casts grease on the area under the net and through the second door even into the hallway. Getting it under both opponents and as much of the entry-way as possible!

Let me know if you need a better description of the area..

"Kill them Jaegr!"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)
Caspian Barefoot wrote:
"Kill them Jaegr!"

"That's the plan!"


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Just checking!"


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

1. For purposes of continuity, let's play as it lies -- in the future, I'll stop adding stuff after a roll has been posted; I'd thought it was retained, and it usually is, but that apparently may not always be the case. Argh!

2. The second d20 roll was initiative for the guys in the adjoining room -- they could have conceivably potentially missed their timing and bursted in after you and Caspian took care of the first pair!

In any event, your second swing takes the second guy down. When will these fools ever figure out that your pickaxe hits like a tactical nuke? In lieu of a five-foot step, you use the motion of that leg to kick the door shut, sealing the fate of your enemies in the room.

Reflex for guy in net to stay upright:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

The other guy, seeing the grease, the closed door, and the two dead bodies, seems like he's about to surrender. But a terrified look comes into his eyes -- as if he's a lot more afraid of something than death and the end of your pick. Hand shaking, he tries to stab you again, knowing full well you're about to stave his skull in.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The guy in Caspian's net slips and drops to the floor like a sack of potatoes, finding himself staring eye-to-eye with one of the corpses, whose skull is split open like a melon.

The other guy's sword skitters off your defenses, leaving him open to your counterattack.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)
Kirth Gersen wrote:

Hand shaking, he tries to stab you again, knowing full well you're about to stave his skull in.

He is not wrong

Jaegr for a moment thinks the would be assassin is going to surrender, but then he takes a stab at Jaegr So be it, he has made his decision, and we still have one to interrogate

Power Attack with Crushing Blow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

After that guy falls, Jaegr looks at the man in the net and scowls


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Should I let him go so yah can bash his brains the right way?"

Bluff
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Dude's sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Fail! Staring at his companion's split-open skull, the guy is sure you mean it, and is in a VERY big hurry to tell you everything he can think of.

"Wait!" he babbles. "I didn't believe in this job to begin with! I quit! I'm with you guys now!"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

"Who sent you to kill us? And why didn't you really bring me ale?"


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

"The ale was a ruse -- it takes a lot longer than a couple of days, because of King Balin's trade restrictions. I know that, 'cause I've tried to get it before. I told them [jerking thumb at dead companions] you'd figure it out and be onto us, but they wouldn't listen."

You notice he didn't answer your first question, but he doesn't need to -- Caspian, going through one of the dead men's pockets, has come across a Kaisersburg police badge. Apparently, these guys are with the City Watch.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspain is busy looting corpses and pocketing cash.

"Didn't we save several o these city watch guys after tha flop tried tah roast em?"

"I recall personally curin several till I ran out o spells....Guess tha same person don't cure these guys twice!"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

"Who sent you here?"


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Unfortunately, you guys are caught off-guard by the person who just forced open the non-greased door. A VERY loud *BANG* erupts in the room like a cannon shot, forcing Fort saves for those within; you also take damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8 regardless of the save.

Your captive:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

On the other side of the flash-bang, you can see your "friend" Kaylissa, in her police sergeant's uniform, holding a rapier and pointing her finger. She's got two more grunt cops with her. Initiative!


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Fort save 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + (1) + (2) = 16 adding both hero points

Init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Jaegr -- now would be a VERY good time use a hero point. Adding +1d6 to that save result will certainly make a huge difference in the outcome of the campaign.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Done


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Fortitude save
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Initiative
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"I am in the bath, just a minute!"


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian is dazed for 1 round by the blast. Jaegr almost succombs, but rallies himself in desperation. Your captive's prone position on the floor has shielded him from the worst of it; he's not dazed, either, but he's lightly wounded.

Kaylissa initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Captive initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Your captive reacts a fraction of a second sooner than you do, and crawls 5 ft. away from Jaegr, out of his reach, towards the balcony (away from Kaylissa and her goons).

Jaegr, you're up!


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 50/42 (8 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Getting hit with whatever the woman cast at them, Jaegr scowls and attacks her Or a goon if she is blocked by them

Power Attack with Crushing Blow 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Hit em harder I feel woozy!"

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,043 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.