Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,615 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Cricket is pretty sure that, even without concentrating too hard on it, he's stealthy enough to evade the notice of most of the mook guards around. He just hopes Wyvurn is equally OK -- the scarred guy looks kind of like a goblin, but he's too big to be stealthy like a goblin.

Guards' Passive Perception = 10 + 1 (1 rank) + 3 (class skill) + 2 (keen senses for the half-elves) + 0 (Wis) = 16.

Wolvie may be back at the tavern, or may be in the dog pound by now. Or he might have been adopted by a nice family whose kid always wanted a puppy. But you know him pretty well, and suspect he'd loiter back near the cafe where you left him -- unless someone forcefully drove him away.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Waits to see how Wyvurn fares.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn slips out of the cell after Cricket.

Stealth using accelerated movement1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

He moves past Cricket and does a quick search to see if he can locate his gear. Most of it is replaceable, but he is loathe to lose his crystal kukri. When Cricket catches up and they have left the jail behind, he will whisper in first goblin and then high elf (whatever the confused goblin responds best to)

"Our first priority is to get somewhere away from prying eyes. I suggest back into the forest outside of the city. We can pick someplace where the wall is easily climbable. Then we need to get a message to our companions. Can you do that with your abilities?"


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Cricket is impressed with Wyvurn's stealth; the hobgoblin is easily his equal, it seems -- and might even be better.

Wyvurn, however, would probably never have found their gear. Cricket (being a perv) doubtless peeked into the locker room on the way out, where he would see a sexy poster taped to a locker... and being a goblin, he'd probably be unable to resist opening it. Wyvurn's weapons and other accoutrements are inside; adjacent lockers contain Jaegr's and Cricket's stuff.

Not meaning to dictate Cricket's actions or anything; I just wanted to get your gear back to you quickly and with minimal fuss.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Tha seems fair tha lady let slip I should be careful o yerself she does not know iffen yer a prince err a pauper o yer people, till they know yer likely tah be well treated."

"Shall we dine?"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

"Eating sounds like the best plan"


Male Goblin Druid 4

I am not a perv, I am polymorphously perverse! Not the same thing!

That's a good idea, Wyvurn, but first I have to find my dog.

Heads back to the inn to see if Wolvie is still there.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Good clarification the perverse versus the perverted a subtle but important difference!

Caspian checks casually on the strength of the doors, windows, locks, walls, floors, and ceiling.

Walking around the room as he does so.....
.....conversing as if everything is fine...

"Shall we eat in this area or over by the windows, maybe up-stairs, maybe they have a formal dining area or a gazebo outside....Yes I know you like it indoors and with stale damp air....Hey maybe there is a cellar...."

Taps on the floor

"What do you think? Where should we eat?"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr walks over to Capsian and whispers, "Do you think we are being spied on?"


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Of course we can have ale with lunch."

Continues to snoop around including looking in drawers, closets, etc.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn will stifle a growl when Cricket head back IN to the heart of the city, but will shadow him from back alleys and when in the open, remain as inconspicuous as possible.

Take 10 on stealth for a 22.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Ambles over to our inn. If Wolvie isn't there, will wander the streets, whistling.

Handle Animal1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Cricket: As you appraoch the neighborhood where the music/party cafe was located, Wolfie comes running up to you, tail wagging furiously. He has a dead squirrel in his mouth, and generously offers you half. Then he covers your face with licks, most of which transfer some quantity of squirrel blood (as well as gallons of canine saliva) onto you.

Wyvurn: A tall lady who seems to be one of the innkeepers sees that Cricket gets the wolf back and smiles. Evidently she didn't mind feeding him scraps, but was worried when nobody came back for Wolvie. This leads you to suspect she likes animals more than she dislikes goblins.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian:
Disable Device 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

You don't spot any obvious trapdoors, secret passages, or the like, except in two possible instances: (1) the locked front door has already been mentioned; and (2) although door to the the adjoining suite is locked from your side, it appears there is a small hole drilled in the wall between the two rooms -- about waist-high for a human, which puts it right around your eye level -- sometimes it pays to be small! It is disguised among the wall paneling knots, etc., and you probably would have missed it if you weren't staring straight at it.

You assume it would be possible to listen and/or peek through it.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspaian thinks of Cricket and what the naughty little goblin would do with a stool and a hole like this in the wall.

Caspian turns his back to the hole, blocking view of the dwarf in the process as he speaks the following he points......

"Maybe we will get some company soon. I always heard that if you talk bout somebody they will get a feelin and know yer talking bout them. I been thinking bout tha others a bit."

To clarify he points at the words....company (point); heard (point); talk (point); feeling (point); talking (point)


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Caspian Barefoot wrote:
To clarify he points at the words....company (point); heard (point); talk (point); feeling (point); talking (point)

You and Jaegr can make Bluff checks for him to get the message. You set the DC to whatever you want, but if it's too low, any eavesdroppers (at a -8 penalty for not being able to see) will have an easier time getting the message, too.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

I am imagining this as a pretty obtuse case of nearly overtly outright telling Jaegr I found where they might be spying on us from....

I was also trying to prevent any spies from seeing Jaegr's reaction.

I was thinking I could at least take 10 with that set-up!

Bluff check
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 10 *DER?*


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian, like I said, you get to set the DC. Being very obvious = lower DC. And, yes, you can totally Take 10. And then Jaegr would either roll or Take 10 himself to "get" it.

So, in this case, let's assume you set the DC at 10. You easily made the check. Jaegr made it, barely -- he was slow on the uptake, but then figured it out. Any hypothetical observers might or might not:

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 8 = 2

But probably not, you think!


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

In other words the DC is set at Jaegr's mountain dwarf denseness


Male Goblin Druid 4
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Cricket: As you appraoch the neighborhood where the music/party cafe was located, Wolfie comes running up to you, tail wagging furiously. He has a dead squirrel in his mouth, and generously offers you half. Then he covers your face with licks, most of which transfer some quantity of squirrel blood (as well as gallons of canine saliva) onto you.

Oh, Wolvie, you're such a good boy. Yes, you are. Yes, you are. A very good boy.

Pats Wolvie vigorously on his sweet spot, which makes Wolvie twitch his left hind leg spasmodically.

Coolieollieoh! Where to next, Wyvs?


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn shakes his head and briskly walks out of the alley and ushers Cricket quickly away, nodding at the lady.

"Now we leave the city before we end up back in jail"


Male Goblin Druid 4

That's an excellent idea. Once back in the woods, we won't be beset by fops, noblemen and mating giraffes.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

"As stealthy as a pair of goblins" becomes a new idiom in the language of this thread -- you two, by takling 10, can skulk out of town and pretty much be assured that no random John Q Law officer will have a chance in hell of spotting you.

Meanwhile, Jaegr is languishing in his gilded prison. Caspian alone seems to have the run of the place, putting in him in a position where he could potentially ferry messages bacl and forth -- except he hs no idea where you two have gotten off to; as far as he knows, you're still in jail (at least until the Sergeant summons him for another "conference" and lets it slip that you've escaped!)

No one has seen Vanya since before the trouble at the Forge. He might have run afoul of some more of the Chancellor's Battalion and been killed; who knows?


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Well as long as they restock the booze Jaegr will be content for now. Jaegr will probably just play it straight, but silent, unless Caspian gives him different advice.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian continues to poke around looking for spare keys, loose change or other small/useful items....


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Maybe they got some books I ken read tah pass tha day."


Male Goblin Druid 4

So, Wyvurn, have you been to many cities? Are they all like this? I mean, it's fun here, but I miss the woods.

Gets homesick.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Aw.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Hee hee!

You better stop mocking Cricket's feelings, or he'll go on another tour of the bathhouses!


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

"I have not been to many cities, but I imagine they are all like this. We should focus on the task at hand and try to get a message to Jaegr and Caspian. Can't you talk to a raven or something?"

The sudden emotion Cricket is showing makes Wyvurn uncomfortable.


Male Goblin Druid 4

No. Ravens are really snobby and quite addle-witted, besides.

Do we even know where they are? I can't remember.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Do we even know where they are? I can't remember.

Two ways to recall that:

1. Throw a Perception roll to see if you were paying attention (easy solution).
2. Scroll back through the thread (more difficult solution -- not recommended).


Male Goblin Druid 4

Yeah, I was trying to avoid Option #2.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Lame!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Cricket's brain was too fogged with all the fun he'd been having in town, vs. how much fun he wasn't having, languising in gaol. And he was worried about Wolfie. And all the human place names sound alike to him anyway.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian: You've been summoned for another "meeting" with Sgt. Kaylissa.
Jaegr: When housekeeping notices the level of brandy in the decanter dropping, they refill it, and also ask if you have a preference for some other spirit.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Hope you get a better roll, Wyvurn.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Looks like I might get bit again."

"Request more liquior!"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr requests Dverge rock ale, the only thing a dverge like him would want to drink. And not any of that hill dwarf swill!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

I'm going to assume Wyvurn takes 10 on Perception, for results of 17; he says to Cricket, expressionlessly, "They're at the Palace Hotel, or some grandiose name like that. We passed it on the main street when you were headed into the, uh, bath-house."

Meanwhile, back in town:

Jaegr:

Spoiler:
They request time to have such an exotic brew shipped in from Beilberg (the mountain dwarf capital), which may take a couple days, and ask if there's something they can get you in the meantime. There's something odd about the time period; a Bluff check to sense motive might help put your finger on it, and/or maybe a Streetwise check to consider the trade routes.

Caspian:

Spoiler:
Kaylissa likes to talk about violent stuff when she's, uh, in the heat of things. Amidst efforts, she gasps out that Vanya has been captured and tortured for information, and adds some details that you were happier not knowing. Please roll a Bluff check to see if you can read between the lines!

Vanya:

Spoiler:
Sorry, man, haven't heard from you in too long, and there's a plot to be advanced -- nothing personal. The Chancellor's Guard have captured and tortured you for information about Jaegr. If you want to rejoin the campaign, you'll be dumped, half-dead, in a gutter somewhere and will take some time to recover. If not, assume you were executed after being tortured.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Of course not

"Look Cricket, it doesn't matter where we are. We need to get Jaegr and Caspian a message. It'd be nice to find Vanya as well. Do you have any suggestions on how to do that. Perhaps another small animal you could possibly send a message with?"


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Hey not so hard on those!"

Bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Distracted by the pain......


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 4

street wise: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Jaegr thinks something is odd, but then can't really figure out what. Where is Caspian? He'd get it.


Male Goblin Druid 4
Wyvurn wrote:

Perception 1d20 + 7

Of course not

"Look Cricket, it doesn't matter where we are. We need to get Jaegr and Caspian a message. It'd be nice to find Vanya as well. Do you have any suggestions on how to do that. Perhaps another small animal you could possibly send a message with?"

Looks about.

There's a pigeon. Pigeons are nice. I'm sure I could convince her to send a message, but a message to where?


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

"Well, for starters, the hotel they took them to. We need to make it cryptic enough to avoid unwanted interceptors. Caspian is a smart one, he should be able to discern who its from. If we don't get a response, we may have to see what allies we can recruit in the city--possibly the elf in the bathhouse or the guard who let us out"


Male Goblin Druid 4

Yes, well, I have no idea what hotel they took them to. Do you?


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

"I remember the 'Palace Hotel' so I assume it would be the big one by the Palace."


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian eventually returns a very tired halfling with six sore nips,....

"So wha has happened here?"

bluff 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Streetwise 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Goblin Druid 4

Well, then why don't we go scope it out?


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr writes down what they said hoping Caspian can grasp what he missed.

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,615 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.