Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


1,551 to 1,600 of 3,842 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Thank the gods, that mad man attempted to kill us and murdered several guards as well!"

points to the FOP...

"Please take us into your protection he may have equally insane friends!"

Diplomacy check
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Streetwise 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

"Ma'am, we have no quarrel with you. We will come peacefully. Please though, allow us to help attend to your fallen comrades. I think you will find that we did not desire, nor did we even have the capability to inflict these injuries."

Heal check to assess fallen guards 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Eying Jaegr's pick suspiciously, the police look VERY relieved that he's coming along peacefully.

Caspian Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
The woman's stern scowl slips a bit when Caspain speaks, and you see her fighting the urge to smile at him. This attitude doesn't necessarily seem to extend to your companions, though.

Also, the hobbit's quick study of police uniforms in this city allows him to confirm the expected cage-like motif, and also to ascertain that she's a Sergeant of the Watch.

Wyvurn quickly assesses the charred guards' condition as critical. Although none of them actually seem to be dead, they're badly burned and are in need of medical treatment within minutes, lest they die in the street. Thankfully, one of the police takes Wyvurn's cue and quickly moves from body to body, administering stabilize spells to each. That finished, he shoots Wyvurn a speculative glance, and makes a covert hand signal to the hobgoblin that's probably nonsensical. Streetwise to interpret.


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Caspian quickly uses all of his remaining spell slots to cast cure light wounds on the stabilized guards.....

Singing as he does
"'Cause this is a healing song, oh and I've got a heart that fails
But love is pushing me along, I'm lifting up above this veil
This is a healing song, oh and I don't know if you can tell
But love is pushing me along
I'm pressing up against the wail, pressing up against the wail"

"I can smell the summer in the air
And I swear I can almost see, I can almost see your souls
Sons, I know that it don't seem fair
But I'm turning away from here, and oh Lord, not yet coming home"

"I've got friends here that love me
I've got all this mercy beating in my blood
And I've got friends here that love me
And that's something good, that's something good"

Healing song belongs to Bebo Norman

attempting to adjust NPC attitude from friendly to helpful ;)


Male Goblin Druid 5

Stealth1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Cricket attempts to remain unnoticed by the fuzz, but creep closer to his boon companions in case they need his (pitiful) assistance.

Wait a minute, Where's Wolvie?--never mind I guess he's not here.


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Streetwise 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

smiles back


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Wait a minute, Where's Wolvie?--never mind I guess he's not here.

My assumption was that, unless you had him on a leash, you wouldn't be letting a wolf roam around the streets of the city -- the dog catchers might get him. He's probably curled up under a table back at the cafe, drinking spilled puddles of beer and begging table scraps from early patrons.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian:

Spoiler:
The hand sign the guy flashed to Wyvurn is some sort of recognition signal -- you've seen variations of it used by halflings in Aramni. It implies, roughly translated, "OK, I understand you're not necessarily with these chumps, and I might not trust the people I'm with, so let's stick together."


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Streetwise to see if I understand 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"I think killin tha barghest was easier tha our second day in town."

gives a fist signal to Wyvurn
"Stay strong."

Looks up at the seargant
"We are weary dear lady ken you allow us some respite?"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

"I think any fight we have had has been easier than any day in any town" Jaegr grumbles


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"So far only Cricket has had a good time in town!"


Male Goblin Druid 5

Speaking of which, I really think we should go back and help that wood elf forced to work in the bath house against her will! Who's with me?


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"I think we might be in a bit o hot water now, an not bath water either."


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

bump


Male Goblin Druid 5
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Speaking of which, I really think we should go back and help that wood elf forced to work in the bath house against her will! Who's with me?

Cricket wouldn't have really said this. Yet.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

You guys are unceremoniously trundled off to the city jail, and thrown together into an empty cell after being divested of your gear. Thankfully, you were not put into the holding tank across the room, in which an assortment of drunks, arsonists, rapists, and murderers are being held in conditions of unmitigated abuse and squalor.

The delay in posting this is proportional to the amount of time you spend in the cell before someone bothers to come in and check on you; obviously the wheels of bureaucracy in Kaisersburg grind exceedingly slowly.


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Caspain slaps himself several times and then pinches Cricket....

"Sorry thought we was trapped in one o yer crazy dreams again!"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

At least its indoors

"Know any good prison songs Caspian?"


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Caspian begins to sing in a low slow voice.....

"Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming forth to carry me home,
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming forth to carry me home."

"I looked over Jaegr, and what did I see
Coming forth to carry me home?
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming forth to carry me home."

"If I get there before you do,
(Coming forth to carry me home)
I'll cut a hole and pull you through.
(Coming forth to carry me home)"

"If you get there before I do,
(Coming forth to carry me home)
Tell all my friends I'm coming too.
(Coming forth to carry me home)"

Thought Folsom Prison Blues" - Johnny Cash was too obvious


Male Goblin Druid 5

Waitaminnit, am I in gaol, too? :(


Male Goblin Druid 5

Nobody knows the troubles I've seen,
Nobody knows, but Old Mother Tree...


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Eventually, when you are starting to believe that you've been forgotten, the female sergeant who arrested you comes and stands in front of the cell, feigning shock at seeing you there.

"Turnkey!" she cries. "Why has this foreign dignitary been locked up with common criminals? And his servant and intrepreter as well, I see. This cannot be supported! Release these two at once!"

She looks at Jaegr with an air of concern. "My lord, please forgive this insupportable indignation. When the event at the Forge occurred, we had no idea of your august precedents. Please accept the most heartfelt apologies of the entire city, and be assured that those responsible for keeping you here so long will be executed for their treason. In the meantime, quarters more fitting of your rank and status have been prepared for you in the Palace Hotel.

"Those who assaulted you are being dealt with harshly: the Baronet Mayarkh has been executed, and the ruffian in his company has been identified as one Corlan, a mercenary; he is now the subject of an intense manhunt and will be brought to justice soon."

Then, eying Wyvurn and possibly Cricket (assuming he stayed with his friends instead of leaving the scene: totally up to you, Doodle), she adds "Have these horrid goblins molested you in any way? I can have them killed behind the station; or if you prefer, you can of course reserve that right for yourself."


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr will fight the urge to let the goblin rot if he is in here

Jaegr tries to take it in stride, no longer wanting to stay in jail, "Thank you, miss. What's your name?" When given, "While arriving in the jail was unexpected, I did want to see all that the city could offer. Please send those two with me. They may look odd to what you expect in this city, but where I am from things are different. I assure you they don't offer a threat to any innocents in the city. Now where are our belongings and then we will follow you."


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Let us possibly discuss a pardon for those who put us here, I am certain that the death penalty is not what Jaegr would desire."


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

To Jaegr: She bows formally. "I am Kaylissa, Sergeant of the Watch, most humbly at your service. My lord, I will make sure that appropriate accoutrements and attire are available for you in your suite at the Palace Hotel -- please allow Corporal Farsteen to escort you there."

To Caspian: "Yes, a discussion might be... stimulating. Why don't we adjourn somewhere more private than the City Watch lobby?" Turning back to Jaegr: "If it meets your approval, I'll return your servant to you directly to the Hotel, in good condition. In the meantime, if you require additional valets, I'm sure the Hotel can lend you a halfling or two."


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr nods, "I believe we will not need any valets. We'll follow the corporal to the hotel and I'll see you later Caspian, be good."


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Certainly!"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr then will follow the corporal and try not to make too much a fool of himself. Which he probably still will.


Male Goblin Druid 5

Cricket turned himself in.

Also, if we spent enough time in gaol, he memorizes all cure light wounds spells and will dole them out to all who need them.

Starting with himself: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Anyone else who wants one, speak up!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Jaegr:

Spoiler:
You are led to the tall brick Palace Hotel, which you passed on the way into town and immediately dismissed as too expensive to consider. There are coaches parked around a big brick circle out front; in the middle of the circle is an onyx fountain carved in the form of a locathah chasing a mermaid. Your room is on the 4th floor, and features two rooms, a separate bath, a large fireplace, a balcony with a bronze railing overlooking a side street where chestnut vendors sell their wares. On a table, a decanter of brandy and a pair of glasses catches your eye. In the main room is a handle to ring for service, attached to a cord leading into the wall; at the other end of the cord is presumably a bell located in some central servants' area. In the bathroom is a velvet robe; laid out on the bed is a noble's outfit that appears to be about your size. Inspection of the latter shows that it was obviously put together by someone whose closest familiarity with Mountain Dwarven regal attire probably came from illustrated storybooks.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Capsian:

Spoiler:
You are given your stuff back and provided with directions to a small cottage. There, the door is opened promptly by Sergeant Kaylissa. She is not in uniform anymore. With a feeling of dislocation, you realize she's wearing tall black boots and what looks like black leather lingerie, and is holding a whip. As you take in this bizarre sight, she cracks the whip loudly.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn will gather his belongings, keeping a low profile, and follow Jaegr if allowed. If not, he will let Jaegr know he is returning to the inn where the group was originally staying and for the dwarf to contact him when he can.


Male Goblin Druid 5

Anyone want any healing?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Wyvurn wrote:
Wyvurn will gather his belongings, keeping a low profile, and follow Jaegr if allowed. If not, he will let Jaegr know he is returning to the inn where the group was originally staying and for the dwarf to contact him when he can.

Unfortunately, Wyvurn is still locked in the jail cell. However, the watchman who saw you heal the burn victims manages to pass a note to you, that says he'll try to get you out.


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

"Mayhap tha old song half-a man is in order."

Spoiler:

Score!


Male Goblin Druid 5

Cure light wounds x2

1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Going...


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 5th (2nd level monk, 2nd level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Fast Healing: 1. As long as we've been here, I think I'm good


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Spoiler:

Jaegr will check out the brandy make sure it isn't poisoned or anything. (and by that I mean drinking it). He will also examine the glasses and wonder why they are in here. He'll hope Wyvurn is ok and wait for Caspian to return to see how they will get out of this one. Jagr will long for the days of killing bugbears and goblins, much less complicated.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian eventually arrives the next morning, tired, bedraggled, and with various whip marks on him. He's also walking a bit funny. But he seems as cheerful as ever.

One thing that concerns him are the pair of "hotel floor waiters" who stopped him at the door and interrogated him a bit before letting him in. Also, Perception roll needed.


Male Goblin Druid 5

Am I still in gaol?


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"What kind of torture did they put you through Capsian?"


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"No torture, it seems she has a bit of a wild streak in her, an hobbits never kiss and tell."


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian:

Spoiler:
When the "waiters" let you in and close the door, you hear the latch of a lock clicking shut.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wyvurn is beginning to wonder if he should try to dig his weay out with a spoon, or if his small cousin will drive him insane before he gets the chance. Luckily, your healer friend shows up in the middle of the night one night with a ring of keys.

"I'm going to let you out," he says. "These aren't my keys, and I'm not on duty, so hopefully I can get away with it -- they'd kill me if they knew. Your dwarf and halfling friends are being held prisoner at the Palace Hotel -- a nicer cell than this one, but they're not sure whether the dwarf is an official emissary or a political dissident, so they're not sure what to do with him yet, and want to keep an eye on him. Also, they're hunting for that guy with the two swords you were seen with, and for some guy in a fancy guardsman's uniform who's said to have a shapeshifting albino familiar -- those two are to be killed on sight, we're told."

He licks his lips nervously, looks around, then adds, "Look, we're the city watch. It's our job to keep things locked up, so to speak. But I'm not convinced that's for the best in all cases -- things seem to be deteriorating pretty quickly around here, and some of the higher-ups are acting more like a military dictatorship every day. Don't trust anyone in uniform except me and a few others. And especially watch out for Sgt. Kaylissa -- she was transferred here directly from Hylore, and knows things the rest of us don't.

"Give me a head start, OK? It won't look good if I'm seen leaving at the same time as your escape! And good luck."

With that, he leaves the keyring in your hands, looks around carefully, and then strolls off out the back.


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)

Whispers
"Jaegr I think we were jus locked in my ears heard tha door close then was followed by a lock fer sure, let's jus play tha off fer ahile."


Male Goblin Druid 5

Cricket springs from the headstand he was doing in the corner, looks at Wyvurn and says:

Wowee zowee!

Goes back to re-read the thread


Male Halfling Bard 5 (Minstrel)
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Am I still in gaol?

I read this as "Am I still Gay?"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/5 HP 52/52 (0 Temp) DR 3/- ; AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +4; Fire Resist 8; CMD 24; Init +3 (+5 Underground)

"I would rather be in here than in a cell. For now we wait and see. The surface world continues to confound me."

Jagr goes and pours himself another drink, if any is left.


Male Goblin Druid 5

Cricket waits five minutes, collects his gear and then realizes that he doesn't know where Wolvie is!

Stealth1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 To sneak out of the gaol. (Btw, I prefer to think of myself as "polymorphously perverse," Caspian.) Waiting for Wyvurn, or going alone, whichever Wyvurn would prefer.

1,551 to 1,600 of 3,842 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.