Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


1,501 to 1,550 of 3,455 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Cricket the Sexy Goblin Druid wrote:
Cricket cast cure light wounds (1d8+3) and purposefully strides 5 feet away from the combatants.

See correction -- casting a spell in Kirthfinder is a full-attack action.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Jaegr lands a powerful blow on the fop, who sputters and appears to be getting ready to run the dwarf through with his puny sword. However, the rake purposefully steps in between the two combatants, putting himself at mortal risk, and screams in the elf's face: "Mayarkh! Control yourself, man, or our cause is over!"
Grabbing the noble's mantle and shaking him bodily, spittle flying, the rake continues: You cannot cut down a mountain dwarf in the middle of the street! Have you lost your senses completely?!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)
Kirth Gersen wrote:
You cannot cut down a mountain dwarf in the middle of the street!

Jaegr mutters under his breath "Especially with that tooth pick"[/b

Jaegr speaks up louder if it appears the rake gets through to the nobleman, [b]"How about we put this and duel behind us, have a drink, and turn this near tragedy into something good. I'm sure you have tales as do we."


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"I don't think we should associate with bandits and arsonists."

Caspian stands his ground eyeballing these two!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The noble looks like he's in no mood to desist, and struggles to get past his second to attack you again. The rake attempts to grapple and provokes an attack of opportunity:

Rake grapple:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 22d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The noble slips free of the rake's grip, scoring a light wound on his friend, accompanied by a puff of fire. He is about to turn on Jaegr when the City Watch arrives -- neither of your friends from the gate, but a good half-dozen others in black and gold, who charge at all of you indiscriminately. One of them yells "Outbreak of deadly violence at Jarnell's Forge! Trying to subdue combatants!" The others just wade in swinging maces.

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

They're not quite fast enough for the foppish noble, who begins incanting a spell at them; Jaegr -- you're threatening him, so you can force him to cast defensively if you like, or just let him cast -- your call.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian sits down by Cricket....

"That guy is even going to kill his own friend."

looks accusingly at Cricket...
"Did you vent him last night?"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Going to force him, nothing easy for him.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Cast Defensively (DC 10 + 3 for Jaegr's BAB +2 for assistance from Wyvurn = DC 15).
1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9
FAIL!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The police swing their maces at pretty much everyone they see:

Fop: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Rake: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Jaegr: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Wyvurn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Caspian: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Cricket: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 171d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian down to 3 hit points....

Falls from sitting to flat on his back......


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Gonna look like Kent State if you guys don't do something!
Jaegr-- you're up, followed by Cricket, then the rake.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Quick trip for work. Should have known things would get out of hand. Last post I read before I left was slinging the rock...*sigh*. Back now.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian readies an action to cast silent image to make the building look as if it is collapsing towards everyone.......

"Let me play my bag-pipes."
starts to inspire his friends with rocking bag-piping...


Male Goblin Druid 4

When it's Cricket's turn, he withdraws from combat, while crying.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wyvurn, you've got 7 hp left and are lightly-wounded (-1 to rolls). However, you haven't had a turn yet, so you can go before Jaegr, if you like.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn will tumble away and focus his ki to cast mage armor.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Acrobatics succeeds -- mage armor for next round (you can change your mind before then, if you want), since you can only take a 5-ft. step in the same round as casting.

Jaegr?


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Sorry for some reason I wasn't seeing new posts in this thread

I don't really want to fight the authorities, did the noble who cast the spell give in yet?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Give in?! He seems incensed that the police aren't obeying his demands that they arrest you. Evidently they don't take orders from fops!


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr is going to ignore the police for now and attempt to stop the noble from any more casting Grapple which probably provokes

Grapple Attempt 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The fop shrieks for you to assist him against "those underhanded Cagers," and attempts to cut a line of fire across your midsection with his blade:

AoO:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 12d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr will hold him tight, pinning next if he has to, "Your spells are hurting innocent people, I cannot let this go on any further."


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Wyvern punch the FOP in the throat!"

still rocking bag-pipes to inspire!


Male Goblin Druid 4

So, who's turn is it now?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

You're up, Cricket, and then the rake.

Assuming you don't kill him:

The rake uses a very nice total defense action against the cops' maces. Over the effort of his parries, he yells to Wyvurn, "We should flee this madness! Meet me in an hour, at the place where you and I first saw one another!"


Male Goblin Druid 4

Cricket either successfully runs away without getting hit or drops on his face and pleads for mercy.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Having already begun his escape with a 5-ft. step last round, and using the withdraw action in this one, the small goblin is able to evade the police well enough to get away from the melee.


Male Goblin Druid 4

Excellent.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian, then Wyvurn, and then back to the fop and the police.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Caspian casts his prepared silent image, instead focusing on making an illusionary obscuring mist!


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian, getting beat on by the police, needs to make a Concentration check to cast defensively -- or else just allow those nearby to make attacks of opportunity against him.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Concentration check
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Caspian tries to spin his illusion, but with so many people swinging clubs around, he's unable to muster the necessary concentration, and loses his spell.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Wyvurn?


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn will give the fop the 1-2 punch to see if he can't knock him out.

Unarmed Strikes (subdual) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"This mess makes no sense, and again a FOP with arrogance...."

continues to play bagpipes....


Male Goblin Druid 4

When it's my turn, Cricket casts barkskin.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

A flurry of misses by Wyvurn is followed by a flurry of rockin'-dodgin'-bagpipin' by Caspian. Meanwhile Cricket, having reached the safety of a nearby sewer outlet, has armored himself in magical bark-like twigs and leaves.

Sorry for the delay -- been out of town on business for a week.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The fop attempts another spell.
Concentration: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 2 = 27

With a powerful effort of will, he incants strongly while dodging the efforts to disrupt his casting. A gout of fire bursts from his hands; the cops are taken by surprise by this use of deadly force.

Burning Hands: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 4, 1) = 14
Police Saves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Three of the officers are burnt black; in an instant they are lying on the street, unconscious or dead. Screams echo throughout the square, with shouts for someone to summon the Royal Guard. The rake, seeing a chance to break for it, begins to move away, talking a two-handed swipe at the officer blocking his way:

Swords: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Leaving another officer heavily wounded in his wake, he moves 15 feet into the crowd, with people quickly making way for him.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The remaining cops focus their attacks on the nobleman:
1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 241d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

With the gendarmes helping one another, they manage to inflict some injury on the fop with their maces.

Jaegr?


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

After grappling the fop last round, Jaegr will pin the fop this round

1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 5 = 24 Assuming the grapple rules are the same in Kirthfinder

Once he has the fop down he will call for assistance from the other guards, "One of you help me restrain this guy before he hurts anyone else."


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"He's not jus arrogant, he's insane......touched a special way in his brain!"


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Fop's CMD = 10 +3 (BAB) +3 (Dex) +6 (insight) = 19.

Sorry, Jaegr -- that means your first grapple attempt succeeded; let's say that the fop managed the check to cast while grappled with his natural 20, but you've now got him pinned and he won't be able to pull that off anymore!

More or less helpless, the noble, with exceptionally poor grace, allows you and the cops to manacle him. As he's led away, he glares venemously at you the whole time, swearing hideous vengeance, until the remaining police beat him unconscious.

The square is in shambles, with people staring numbly at the spectacle, and many of them muttering angrily at one another. The arrival of another squad of patrolmen settles things down somewhat, but you may sense that... (Streetwise check required).


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The leader of the second squad of police, a half-elven woman, looks at the shambles and the burned officers, looks up at you, and points at Jaegr, Wyvurn, and Caspian.

"You three are under arrest. You can come quietly to the station, or I can order you beaten senseless and then dragged there behind horses. Pick one."

Bluff checks to sense motive may also be in order.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Bluff to Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 3

"Why are we arrested? We helped get that crazy guy under control!"


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

With a sneer, the policewoman motions to the cops; they draw maces and advance to within reach of you, holding them aloft menacingly.

In Dwarven, the woman says

Spoiler:
"I told you to come quietly or be beaten down; you're not coming quietly. But maybe you didn't understand me in Common. So now you know. Choose carefully... and quickly."

With that, she draws a rapier and levels the point at you.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 42/42 (0 Temp) AC 26 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jaegr isn't going to fight them, so unless Wyvurn or Caspian gives him a reason not to, he'll go without incident.

1,501 to 1,550 of 3,455 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.