Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

"Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP

Game Master Kirth Gersen

Playtest for the "Kirthfinder" rules.


1 to 50 of 3,621 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Here it is! To get us started, I'll do individual spoilers.

VANYA

Spoiler:
You were drunk again, so the details are hazy, but the fact that you wake up in a crappy inn on the far Estren frontier means that your memory isn't playing tricks on you. You know you're in Estren because the sky, visible from the window, isn't that horrid indigo color of the Elflands, but rather a pale, honest blue. You've been told to look for a "mountain dwarf" -- as opposed to a "hill dwarf" -- you remember this point being repeated many times -- but you have little idea how to tell one from the other. The Estren Frontier, you're led to believe, is overrun with the latter. Finding one of the former would seem to be the first order of business, but alas, a loud, violent altercation outside the inn intereferes.

CASPIAN

Spoiler:
After a refreshing voyage, the taste of freedom in your mouth is sweeter than Aunt Trudi's hotcakes. Unfortunately, the ship was not travelling all the way to Hylore (the capital city of the elves), but rather stopped in a port (with some unpronouncable Elven name) in the Duchy of Autrisch. Your friend the captain told everyone at the port that you were part of his crew -- a porter and general servant -- and that should have gotten you passage on the next ship to Hylore. However, being a halfling is never without trouble -- instead of setting back out to sea and heading west, the new ship (a much smaller one) began sailing upriver, to the Lake of Fallen Stars. Not wanting to press matters too greatly lest you be deported back to Aramni, you go along -- and it doesn't hurt that the other halflings on the ship teach you to play the most entertaining games of gambling. Eventually, you end up in a frontier inn, where you're supposed to catch a caravan West into Balvora. One of the ship's maps shows you the basic geography from east to west: Aramni... Autrisch (to the south) and the Estren Frontier north of there (where you now are)... Balvora... and finally Aviona, your destination! After having to do only minor chores (sweep the kitchen and entertain the guests as you see fit), you're given a warm spot in the stable to sleep in, with plenty of hay, and all the leftovers from the kitchen. The next fine morning, the caravan arrives... but trouble comes with it. There is screaming and clashing of weapons as you wipe the sleep from your eyes.

WYVURN

Spoiler:
You’ve been tracking the raiders for a day now… bandits from the highlands, intent on robbery of the caravan. They set upon it at dawn, riding in from the east against the rising sun to hinder the caravan guards’ aim, just as it reaches a small frontier inn. There are too many to handle alone (you count at a dozen), but with the caravan guards and some luck and skill, you might be able to intervene

KELSIN

Spoiler:
The caravan annoyed you greatly – foolish humans, passing by the edge of the forest where your people dwell, starting fires and making noise, and killing rabbits for food without thanks to the gods of the hunt and the spirits of the fields. Worse, they meant that humans were becoming less wary of the forest, to pass so close to it, which could not bode well. Perhaps Ungo Usconi, the shaman of the distant Wolf Clan to the north, would change his pacifist stance and vote for war during the next council. Until then, you would keep watch.

A songbird, flitting through the glade, sings of the second group of men, and you immediately realize they must have been following the first. By dusk, you find a deer who explains that her son, a proud buck, has been slain by the second group and skinned – they are inside the forest! Worse, they chopped down a sacred grove for wood – and one of those trees contained a dryad, although the men were deaf to her screams. At dawn, they depart on horses, chasing the first group, and with vengeance burning in your heart, you decide to chase them. The dryad had been a playmate of yours since you were young and first learning the lore of the druids. The bandits decamp during the night –- all the better for you, as men cannot see as well as you in the starlight, and you follow them easily across the meadow to a human inn, where they attack the caravan after the sun has come up over the Estren Forests behind you. Smiling grimly, you set a ceramic bullet to your sling, and make sure your flint knife is loose in its sheath. Snort, always ready for a fight and happy to be getting some action, charges from the trees!

JAEGR

Spoiler:
After weeks, you are finally starting to get used to being above-ground, although attacks of vertigo still happen now and again, and the constant, terrifying agoraphobia requires all of the steel in your dwarven nerves just to keep at bay. When the first group of sheepskin-clad, kilted Maahiset came upon you, they jeered and threw rocks; annoyed at this lack of courtesy (which would be punishable by law beneath the mountains), you thrash them soundly with a spare pickaxe handle. These creatures can hardly be credited with the term “dwarves,” you think, although their ale proves palatable and their information is good. The priest Rim Carintracker had been here, and had moved on to the west, away from the great Elder Mountains, towards the lands of men and elves. The Maahiset explain that the trip is a long one, but there is an inn along the way, and they cared little what race you were there as long as you caused no trouble and could pay.

Travelling at night to avoid the terrible glare of the sun, you arrive at the site of the inn near dawn and improvise a bed among a small pile of boulders, intending to wait until evening to enter, to allay suspicion concerning your time of arrival. You have enough food left for a day, in any event. Your rest is short, however; not long after you fall asleep, a caravan of wagons arrives… and with it, a group of a dozen or so horsemen who scream and attack the men in the wagons!


Male Wood Elf 1

diggidy-dot


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"Oh no, how did they find me!"

Exclaims under his breath and gets ready to run...

Initiative
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

DM

Spoiler:

Do you prefer I assume an initiative roll or wait till you call for initiative?


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Caspian Barefoot wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Prfect. When others decide to act, we'll already know whether you've bolted or been caught napping!

Male Wood Elf 1

As Snort runs up, Kelsin holds his hand out in a "halt" motion. Mentally, he communicates with the impatient quadruped, speaking in elven, which usually seems to soothe him a bit. "Irillv el, fywwa. Caan anira irysillla irilnyn ilan ailnyir eaniram oem quylaan il fean, aniral ama amecc ilew aniras el aniraem laelam-alwelv hyalaan ane walaanmea ailnyir eaniram."

Translation:
Hang on, buddy. Let the humans hack at each other for just a bit, then we will aid them in their never-ending quest to destroy each other.

Kelsin watches as the humans engage each other in combat. As he reaches down to scratch the boar's thick, rough hide he extends his awareness and channels the divine energy of the land through his body, enhancing his four-legged companion's already considerable capacity for dishing out pain.

Cast Magic Fang on Snort. Plan is to wait a couple rounds, then attack whatever human is alone and closest to us.

Thinking twice, Kelsin puts back his bullet. He hates using the things as they require visits to "civilized" outposts to procure more, but usually they are his best bet for dealing damage. This time, however, with so many humans, he wants to be sure to maximize effectiveness. Bending down, he rummages around on the ground for three pebbles of roughly equivalent size and shape as a sling bullet, and imbues them with the wild power of nature. (Cast Magic Stone.)

So prepared, he moves up within 50' of his target and speaks to his friend in grunting Common, which never fails to irritate the high holy bejeezus out of the grouchy animal. "Alright, Snort, rip out their leg muscles! They'll never walk in these lands -- or anywhere else -- ever again!"

Surprise Round(?)
Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Snort - AC:18 HP:18/18
Snort's attack:
1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Kelsin - AC:16 HP:9/9
Kelsin's attack:
1d1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jagr will wipe the sleep from his eyes, grab his Pick Axe and head over to the caravan yelling "Do you mind? I am trying to get some sleep here"

Jagr will try and make a perception check to see if he can tell who is the aggressor here (and who he needs to teach a lesson to)

Perception

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

One of the riders, wheeling wide, moves past a patch of tall weeds. Snorting, a boar breaks from the cover, slashing with its tusks at the horse's legs; the surprised animal, already keyed up by the surrounding mayhem and on its guard, is more annoyed than injured, strikes back with its hooves:

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

It fails to trample the tough boar, and the rider, dazedly trying to divert his attention to this new threat, dips his head to invistigate what's underfoot... and a stone whizzes through the space his head had occupied a second before.

Regarding sling bullets:

Spoiler:
Wood elves have learned to bake clay into hard, streamlined projectiles -- ceramic missiles with the same stats as lead sling bullets. One rank in Craft (potter) is sufficient to master this skill; they can also be obtained easily in any wood elf village. Trips into civilization for ammo are therefore, thankfully, unnecessary.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Jaegr "Knock Knock" wrote:
Jagr will wipe the sleep from his eyes, grab his Pick Axe and head over to the caravan yelling, "Do you mind? I am trying to get some sleep here!"

An angry dwarf rises from a pile of rocks, holding a huge pickaxe.

Spoiler:
Jaegr's long experience fighting goblins pays off -- he immediately recognizes that the horsemen seem to be attacking the people in the wagons, likely intent on looting them. He also spots a weird, pointy-eared nonhuman in some nearby tall grass and weeds; this one wears leather armor and has a feather in his hair, and seems to be whirling a sling at one of the raiders... you're unsure whether he's with them, and decided to betray them, or whether he's with the caravan or on his own. You know from the Maahiset that his kind are their enemies from way back, and now have mutually exclusive territories: the wood elves in the forests, and the hill dwarves in the rocky highlands.

Then you catch something from the corner of your eye, and see another figure prone in the grass, infinitely stealthier and more sinister, holding a longbow. As this sniper draws back the bowstring, you can see his remaining whole ear is pointed, like the wood elf's (the other is burned or mangled)... but there the resemblance ends, and as you get a better look your memory screams "hobgoblin!" You remember raids by different hobgoblin tribes, and your dwarf blood screams for you to charge forward and cut him down. "The only good gobbo is a dead one," your clan always says. His head snaps around to where you have emerged, and the bow tracks your movement as well...


Male Wood Elf 1

Ah! Thanks for the info, I will be less hesitant to use bullets going forward. Here's my next turn for whenever it's legit:
Round 1, Initiative 7
Snort - AC:18 HP:18/18
Snort's attack:
1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Kelsin - AC:16 HP:9/9
Kelsin's attack:
1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Really, dice roller? Really? Jaysis. What's your crit. fumble rule, Kirth?

Kelsin and Snort both let their aggravation get the best of them, causing Snort to get distracted while dancing around the horse's hooves, missing the beast entirely with his tusks. Meanwhile Kelsin, hearing what sounds like the yelling of a dwarf, takes his eye completely off his target and sends his second magic rock whistling harmlessly off into the distance. He winces and mutters blackly to himself in Sylvan.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
Kelsin Illstar wrote:
What's your crit. fumble rule, Kirth?

We used to do them in combat, but for a variety of very good statistical reasons, as of v. 2.0 they apply only to skill checks made in nonlethal circumstances. The long and short of it is that, if confirm a skill fumble (natural "1" followed by a roll that would fail the check) when your guard is down, something extremely embarrassing or detrimental can happen -- but when your blood is up (as in combat) you're focused enough that this isn't a concern.


Male Wood Elf 1
Kirth Gersen wrote:
Kelsin Illstar wrote:
What's your crit. fumble rule, Kirth?
We used to do them in combat, but for a variety of very good statistical reasons, as of v. 2.0 they apply only to skill checks made in nonlethal circumstances. The long and short of it is that, if confirm a skill fumble (natural "1" followed by a roll that would fail the check) when your guard is down, something extremely embarrassing or detrimental can happen -- but when your blood is up (as in combat) you're focused enough that this isn't a concern.

Roger that. Thanks!


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn looks down on the caravan. The odds don't look good.

If time allows, I would like to form a battle plan 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22. If not, then I go directly into the plan below.

Drawing his bow, Wyvurn moves himself into a position where he can snipe the raiders. Finding some cover from a rock outcropping, the hobgoblin draws a bead and fires. Instead of ducking back into the rocks, Wyvurn deliberately allows a raider to see him Intentionally failing sniping check. hoping to lure one towards him and then attack him in melee catching the raider off-guard expecting an archer.

Bow Shot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 ⇒ 3


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Initiative

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Jagr thinks to himself "The bandits are using hobgoblin snipers, I can't leave them free to fire on the caravan!"

Do I notice the hobgoblin sniper firing at the bandits?

If Jagr notices

Jagr shakes his in confusion at this weird upside world above ground. Who is the enemy and who is friend? Well the caravan needs help one way or the other. If that hobgoblin continues to help the caravan he can live a little longer.

Jagr will charge if he can to the nearest bandit or else he'll just move into battle if not.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The hobgoblin, accustomed to years of battle, immediately realizes that there are others in the area that will fight the raiders as well. He therefore realizes that an earlier plan, which would have maximized his odds of success while alone, has potentially been superseded by a new set of odds, and he adjusts instinctively to the new set of circumstances. Moving his bow fractionally towards the dwarf and then away, to indicate his awareness of that fighter and his disinclination to attack him, Wyvurn fires an arrow wide purely as a decoy at the nearest raider, who wheels his steed and charges directly at him, hoping to catch him unaware as he reloads.

Wyvurn: This raider wants to split your skull with a long sword, but your battle plan is high enough that he doesn't realize you're ready to attack unarmed. His sword swing goes wide, and leaves him open to your counterattack.

---

Meanwhile, Jaegr sees that the hobgoblin appears not to be assisting the bandits. For a moment he wonders if it's a double bluff, to get him to turn his back to the archer -- but then the gobbo's shot goes so wild of its mark that he stops worrying -- apparently this particular hobgoblin wasn't paying attention when his murderous clan taught him to pull a bow!

Focusing his attention on another nearby raider, who fires his crossbow as he approaches and badly misses, Jaegr swings with the pick -- knocking the man from the saddle and spilling him to the ground, out cold.

EDIT: Removed dice rolls, as they re-rolled when I added text! Original bandits' attack rolls were 1d20+2 = 8 vs. Jaegr (heavy crossbow) and 1d20+3 = 7 vs. Wyvurn (longsword).


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

In the midst of the commotion, a very small figure -- evidently a hobbit of some kind -- breaks from the cover of the inn's stable and scurries towards the caravan wagons, away from the raiders. A shot is fired at him

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d8 ⇒ 3

from a light crossbow from one of the bandits attacking the caravan.


Male Human Battle Sorcerer 1

Vanya staggers out of the inn. "Morana! What is this racket?!" Seeing bandits, he stops and draws his serrated blade. "Well, someone has gone tired of living... Come, dogs! My blade thirsts! Morana, count the dead!" He raises his left hand and bends his will towards one of the bandits with crossbows. Casts Sleep.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)
Kirth Gersen wrote:


Focusing his attention on another nearby raider, who fires his crossbow as he approaches and badly misses, Jaegr swings with the pick -- knocking the man from the saddle and spilling him to the ground, out cold.

After downing a bandit he'll either look the next volunteer to fall from his Pick Axe (That being someone who attacks him) or just pick one nearby.

Attack/damage 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Once reaching the deep grass on the side of the road, will hide in some grass......

Stealth
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Two of the bandits have been accounted for by the caravan guards, but others have reached it and thrown torches onto the wagons, forcing the defenders to flee. The dwarf valiantly swings at another bandit, but seeing the fate that befell their fellow; they stay at a distance, and one levels a crossbow at him:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
1d8 ⇒ 3

Things are looking grim when the door to the inn opens and a haggard man in obvious finery strides forth, waving his hand at the bandits contemptuously.

Saving throws:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

Three of the marauders drop from their saddles; one is so deeply unconscious when he hits ground that he strikes his head on a rock, leaving him unconscious for longer than the mere spell would. Nodding to himself, the man in the finery strides forward with a sword, while two of the bandits open fire at him:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
1d8 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
1d8 ⇒ 7


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

One of the marauder's bolts grazes the magician; the other strikes deadly true:

Roll to confirm crit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Additional crit damage (if applicable): 1d8 ⇒ 8

Meanwhile, the hobbit, rabbit-like, has reached the tall grass of the meadow and has disappeared without a trace -- perhaps he is part brownie or part leprechaun...


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The magician-swordsman is heavily wounded, but is apparently too tough to go down, even with a bolt protruding from his shoulder.

You are heavily wounded and therefore exhausted, taking -3 to attacks, saves, checks, and spell DCs until you regain enough hp to make you merely fatigued. You're entitled to an Endurance check to reduce these penalties (DC 25 for fatigued (-1) only). Your wound thresholds, for future reference are LW: 5 or below; HW: 2 or below; staggered at 0; unconscious at -1; dead at -15.


Male Wood Elf 1

Snort - AC:18 HP:18/18
Snort's attack:
1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Kelsin - AC:16 HP:9/9
Kelsin's attack:
1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Hey I might have hit something!

Kelsin and Snort continue to attack, taking advantage of the mass confusion being sown by the surfeit of combatants now entering the fray.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)

Jagr will swing at the bandit he is by, and then move towards the crossbowmen that shot the magician with a sword (no matter if he fells this one or not)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

confirm roll

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 93d8 + 18 ⇒ (2, 6, 1) + 18 = 27

"Looks like I have some volunteers!"


Male Human Battle Sorcerer 1

"Mother Death, don't count me yet amongst your crows!" Vanya once again bends his will towards clouding the minds of remaining bandits. Casts Sleep once again.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The boar continues to keep one of the riders occupied in avoiding its tusks; with the rider's attention so distracted, he fails to dodge a second sling bullet missile. Realizing that allowing his mount to dance with the irate boar is a losing proposition, he wheels his horse and forces it into a charge against the slinger.

Snorter gets an attack of opportunity against the horse
Charge: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Meanwhile, the dwarf drops another opponent, the man's fall from his mount sparing him from the continued downward impetus of the pick that would otherwise have broken his skull like an egg, rather than merely sending him, unconscious and bleeding, to the ground.

The wounded Man in Blck is far from finished; he incants strongly at the bandits attacking him.

Saving throws:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The charging horseman would have normally missed, but the frantic impetus of his mount lets his blade strike home against the wood elf (+2 for charging = 16, which barely hits; you're at 4 hp, a light wound, and are fatigued, taking a -1 to attacks, saves, and checks.

The strange swordsman's wound seems not to have impeded his magic at all; both of the bandits attacking him, and a pair of their allies attacking the caravan as well, slump in their saddles, their uncontrolled horses running free away from the conflict and across the meadow. The one whose bolt struck home just before now sags so low that he falls and is dragged along behind the horse; you assume he'll be dead after half a mile.


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Smiling to himself as he pretends to fumble with the bow, Wyvurn ducks under the sword swing and then quickly springs back upward and attempts to dislodge the raider from his horse with a clothsline to the gut.

I am assuming this is an attack of oppurtunity so I'm attempting to use a Forcing Maneuver to Check the raider but not the horse-if that's possible. If this is my turn, I'll just grab the guy with a standard action.

CMB check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Damage included if applicable


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

There are nine raiders down, leaving three active. One is attacking the wood elf, and is seemingly oblivious to the rest of the conflict; a second is unaware that he's about to be cold-cocked by the hobgoblin. The third has abandoned his attack on the people fleeing from burning caravan wagon and instead is frantically trying to wake up his sleeping fellows -- one of them stirs and regains his feet, picking up a crossbow.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Noting the changing odds Caspian decides to attack the guy picking up a crossbow.....

Halfling slingstaff
sling attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
sling damage 1d6 ⇒ 2


Male Wood Elf 1

Move Action: Get something between me and the rider so he can't charge again. A shrub, a barrel, a bow-wielding Hobgoblin, whatever. :-p
Standard Action: Attack the rider
Sling bullet: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 1 = 21
Confrim crit: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 1 = 19
Assuming that's a hit, Damage:1d4 ⇒ 2 x 2 = 4

Snort - AC:16 HP:18/18
Snort's AoO: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage:1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Snort's Actual attack:
MA: pursue the horse
SA: attack - 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

As the rider connects, Kelsin howls in pain. "OUCH! Gah, I hate hu-mans!" Sensing his companion's anger and hurt, Snort gouges a chunk of flesh out of the horse's leg and keeps up the chase, unfortunately failing to hit a second time. Kelsin, however, his sling now fueled by adrenaline, drills the rider in the temple a second time, moving to get behind some cover so a second charge will at least be impeded.


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The hobgoblin fails to unseat the man riding down on him, but that fellow, seeing how the fight is going, doesn't wheel his horse around to return -- rather, he keeps riding, towards the distant Estren Highlands.

The man who charged the wood elf, his horse tangled up in an angry boar, is struck hard by another missile as he rides past. Wounded now, he wisely opts to follow his fleeing companion -- with the boar in hot pursuit.

The other two, finding themselves surrounded and overmatched, throw down their weapons and raise their hands.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Attempts to re-hide!

stealth
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)
Kirth Gersen wrote:

The hobgoblin fails to unseat the man riding down on him, but that fellow, seeing how the fight is going, doesn't wheel his horse around to return -- rather, he keeps riding, towards the distant Estren Highlands.

The man who charged the wood elf, his horse tangled up in an angry boar, is struck hard by another missile as he rides past. Wounded now, he wisely opts to follow his fleeing companion -- with the boar in hot pursuit.

The other two, finding themselves surrounded and over matched, throw down their weapons and raise their hands.

Jaegr will move over to them threatening them with his Pick Axe. "If you of you even think of trying anything...."

Then he'll call out to the magician, "Hey fancy pants! What do you surface dwellers do with men like these?"


Male Human Battle Sorcerer 1

"In my country, we put them on stakes, or burn them alive in wicker baskets. Why do you ask?", replies oprichnik, struggling against hangover and weakness from blood loss.


Male Wood Elf 1

Kelsin tells Snort to cease chasing the horse and return to him. "Anirama'cc fa illeaniram wila, sa amilmana omealw." he says to the riled-up boar.

Then, overhearing the dwarf's question, he walks up and says "Funny you should ask! Normally we split their skulls with pick axes. Have at it." He gestures at the bandit on the ground, making a "skull asplodey" motion with his hands.


Male Wood Elf 1

Kelsin shoots Vanya a surprised look. "That's the first sensible thing I've heard a hu-man say in months!"


Male Human Battle Sorcerer 1

Oprichnik is turning around, looking for something. "Yes, well, that's vodka talking... Could you perhaps help me with my wounds?" he asks in deep, rich and cultured voice for one so young. "Now, where is that pup, I wonder..." he murmurs.


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)
Vanya Volkov wrote:
"In my country, we put them on stakes, or burn them alive in wicker baskets. Why do you ask?", replies oprichnik, struggling against hangover and weakness from blood loss.

"I'm just not sure what you on the surface do with bandits. We generally just kill them outright. If they surrender or get caught, we may be lenient and roll a huge rock on top of them, allowing them the chance for redemption."

Vanya Volkov wrote:
"Could you perhaps help me with my wounds?"

Don't let that gobbo treat you, he'll probably just kill you once you let your guard down. I have some skill treating wounds after a battle, let me help you.

Jaegr will take 20 on heal check for first aid

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9


Male Wood Elf 1

"I vote for the rock. Sounds painful."


Male Human Battle Sorcerer 1

"Thank you, friend dwarf. I am fine now." Vanya approaches one of the bandits. "Now, you probably don't know this, but I really love this coat. And your friend put a hole in it. And on top of that, I have really bad hangover. Vodka is harsh mistress, you know. And on top of that, I can't find my familiar - which is kinda stupid. I mean, he is winter wolf pup. He is pure white, for Volos' sake! Where could he hide, right?" He stops for a moment. "I know! There are witches in the mountains who find missing things by reading the entrails of sheep and other animals. That's a great idea!" He plunges his serrated blade into one of the sleeping thugs on the ground, ripping his intestines out while he wakes screaming. "I am a bit unfamiliar with the technique, so I see little in his entrails. How about I check yours? Hmm? Or you could tell me why did you attack us yourself?" Bluff1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


male Hobgoblin (Elven lineage) 4th (2nd level monk, 1st level goblin paragon, 1st level worghest)

Wyvurn picks up his bow and walks towards the remaining raiders and the collection of people now gathered around them.

"I would have only killed the mage because he was already staring down the reaper, dwarf. I have no healing ability and I would have done it out of mercy. Since you have provided him aid, there is no reason for such grisly talk."

Wyvurn pulls back his hood, revealing his burned visage.

"The first order of business should be putting out the fires, these men have started. I suggest that they get to work battling the blazes with the shirts off their back. Once they finish, and depending on how good a job they do, we can determine their fates."


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The inkeeper emerges from the front doors with a crossbow big enough to be mounted on a ship. "Hold it!" he screams, waving the thing about. "You -- elfs, goblins, dwarfs, foreigners, bandits -- whatever you all are -- you want to kill each other, go do it elsewhere. These guys on the horses attached the caravan; any of 'em killed in the fighting ain't gonna be missed too much, I reckon. But I will NOT allow unmarmed men to be maimed and tortured in front of my establishment."

Looking at the hobgoblin, he adds, "You are just about every kind of ugly there is, I guess, but you got more sense than the rest of this rifraff together. And I saw you decide not to shoot the elf, and you acted bravely -- I give you credit for that."

To the bandits: "So I suggest you boys best follow his orders."

Turning to a teenage boy inside the inn, he adds, "Jeb, ride west into town. NOW, boy. Go fast, and tell 'em the caravan was attacked, but don't go adding any wild stories about wood elf uprisings or dwarven bandits. Get the marshall to send men to collect the prisoners."


M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3

The dwarf's skill at first aid seems to have deserted him; the man in black turns visibly pale, and nearly passes out. Despite his condition, though, no one doubts that he has no compunctions torturing the remaining bandits; it has yet to be seen whether the innkeeper's crossbow is enough of a deterrent.


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

Plays a tune on his pan pipes....

"Is it all clear now?"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)
Kirth Gersen wrote:


Turning to a teenage boy inside the inn, he adds, "Jeb, ride west into town. NOW, boy. Go fast, and tell 'em the caravan was attacked, but don't go adding any wild stories about wood elf uprisings or dwarven bandits. Get the marshall to send men to collect the prisoners."

"Bah. Finally someone knows what to do up here. Hopefully Jeb will ride fast, I need to get somewhere with a roof."

Jaegr looks up after saying that and loses his balance for a moment.

To Caspian

"Yes little boy, it's under control now. I have to say you are quick on your feet, back home you would make an excellent vent runner. You're also pretty talented with those pipes. One day when you grow up you might make a name for yourself!"

After Vanya falls Jaegr says to the innkeeper" Even though this man may have taken things too far, though I would be put out as well getting shot, he acted bravely in standing up to the bandits. He came out of your inn, did he perhaps have a room in your inn? He needs a bed."


Male Human Battle Sorcerer 1

"I have shed blood protecting your demesne, innkeeper. And you have waited with that crossbow until the bandits have fled or died. Do not wave that thing in front of me, or you shall taste the kiss of my goddess. It would be much better for you to take my money instead and bring me some vodka."


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"I am a halfling, not a boy!"


Male Mountain Dwarf Fighter/4 HP 31/42 (5 Temp) AC 27 FF 22 T 14 Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +4 Intuit +3 CMD 22 Init +3 (+5 Underground)
Caspian Barefoot wrote:

"I am a halfling, not a boy!"

Jagr has a hint of pink on the grey cheeks of his "Errr. Sorry, this is the first I have been topside....I've never met a halfling before. My apologies."


Male Halfling Bard 4 (Minstrel)

"That is fine then I just recently was sailing over the seas, and I had not done that before, I bet you would think that was like an earth-quake or something with all that moving around day and night....."

"So did you escape from underground, were they keeping you prisoner?"

"I am called Caspian."

1 to 50 of 3,621 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / "Kirthfinder" Aviona PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.