Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Kingmaker. The shadows behind the throne.

Game Master DBH

An odd group gathers together. Their purpose to reclaim the Stolen lands. But what secrets do they carry with them into this dangerous land?

Charter

Party loot

Oleg's trading post

Notices

Greenbelt map

Moon radish rumble


51 to 100 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 2 | AC 17 (t 13, ff 14) | F+4, R+3, W+0 | Init +3, Per +2 | HP 6/22

"That rules me out, then," Xan said, "the less said about my sneaking abilities, the better."


Portrait N Female Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 14 | F 3, R 6, W 1 | Init +4 | Per +5

Serafina hops off 'Lexis and pulls out her bow, which she strings before testing it. "Be back in a minute. I'm going to look for ways in, and if that doesn't work, see what I can see." Before anyone can really object, she's pacing through the brush, looking down, up, and around every three steps as she approaches the fort's wall.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Looking for a way inside the fort, preferably not the main gates.


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

"Eef they en't see us yet, they en't veery good at stending guard."

Niadroub casts message on Serafina, explaining that she can communicate back to him for about 10 minutes before the spell's duration runs out.


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

"More than a little impulsive. I'd prefer a small organised group than a single person doing reconnaissance but she'll be less likely to be noticed if she is by herself so that is something." Richard is a little annoyed but there's not much he can do about it now.


Are you sure you want to do that?

GM Screen:

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Fort Serenko is a typical border fortification, four buildings grouped in a square with the wall built between them to create the defense. Aside from the gate, which is partially opened there isn't any way in Serafina can see. The wall sands about 12' in height, but it is unmanned.

Both men at the gate are shifting restlessly, throwing glances behind them as much as watching for anyone coming.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

Colwyn stashes his heavy pack amongst the ivy and underbrush at the base of a wide tree with a forked trunk.

”Don’t need this weighing me down and clanking about to announce me like a bloody herald.”

Besides his armor and weapons, taking a moment to string his bow, he only brings a couple other items. He tucks a small, tarnished tin vial into his belt pouch but leaves behind a thick glass flask, for fear it might catch the light and give away his position.

Unlooping a coil of rope from around the pack, he knots one end around the eyelet of a dull iron grappling hook, then sets the coil hanging from his shoulder like a sash.

Gear carried or worn: MWK Studded Leather, Shortsword, Dagger, Shortbow, Quiver of Arrows, Potion of Protection from Evil, Rope and Grappling Hook

”Time to earn my keep,” he whispers, ready to sneak out but crouching down and staying put for the moment.
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
”Want to make the call, my good Richard? Should we quietly catch up to her, take our own route, or wait and watch for now?”


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

"Lets catch up incase of trouble. The grapplin hooks a good idea. Once we've dealt with a few bandits and sorted our resources out I'll have to invest in a few surprises for times like this."
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Cleric 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 : TAC 13 : FAC 15 : CMD 13 | Fort +2 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Perc. +9 (darkvision 60') : S.M. +3 : Initiative +3 | Move 30' | Longbow +3, 1d8

As the group begins to split up, Elena looks over those who are leaving.

"Be careful, and may Erastil be with you. Even if you are not with him," she smiles.

If it is possible for me to do something before the scouts leave, I will cast guidance on each of them. It will last 1 minute.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 2 | AC 17 (t 13, ff 14) | F+4, R+3, W+0 | Init +3, Per +2 | HP 6/22

"If you get spotted and things go bad, we'll catch up to you as quickly as possible."

She'd already added her backpack to what was being carried by the animals so that she wouldn't be slowed down.


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

Niadroub Kliip loads his crossbow and then casts mage armor on himself.


Are you sure you want to do that?

One of the men on watch stiffens as he spots Richard moving through the undergrowth. "Trouble!" He yells loudly through the opened gate. You can all hear loud questioning yells from within the Fort.

The other watchman takes aim at Richard and fires an arrow at him.
Bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Brutally killing an innocent rabbit passing by.

Party actions now.

One guard is calling for help. The other is squinting into the failing light at Richard. No one else has been seen yet.


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

Richard moves up to the bandit who fired an arrow at that poor bunny and thrusts his blade towards the figure. "Thanks for letting me know you're a bandit... soldiers tend to check who they are attacking."

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
If confirmed: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

"Bloody trolls," Colwyn quietly curses to himself.

He draws his bow and nocks an arrow. Having crept closer before Richard was spotted, Colwyn is already in a position to line up a shot on the non-engaged enemy, aiming for his throat to silence his shouts.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Hopefully, since I'm firing from concealment, I'll catch the target flat-footed


Cleric 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 : TAC 13 : FAC 15 : CMD 13 | Fort +2 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Perc. +9 (darkvision 60') : S.M. +3 : Initiative +3 | Move 30' | Longbow +3, 1d8

"Wait! Let them identify themselves!"

If I saw someone creeping around in the bushes, I might shoot first and ask questions later. Everyone needs to stop before this goes too far!

Elena brigns her symbol up and begins chanting, calling on Erastil to cause plants to grow.

Casting entangle. Reflex DC 14 or the guards are entangled. The AoE is also difficult terrain and anyone moving in there must make a new save. I'll try to center the AoE in the doorway behind the guards so that the effect doesn't hit my allies.

Yes, they're probably bandits, but I don't think we can say that for certain yet.

GM: is there any flag flying over the fort? Probably should have asked that before.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 2 | AC 17 (t 13, ff 14) | F+4, R+3, W+0 | Init +3, Per +2 | HP 6/22

"If they're firing at people without checking if they're friend or foe then they're either bandits or idiots," Xan bluntly pointed out before running to catch up with the others.


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

Who rolls initiative? That's going to affect how all of our actions play out.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Currently the two bandits have had their actions. One has been gutted by Richard, the other has an arrow in him from Colwyn, but is still alive. The rest of the party may have an action. If the last guard is still alive after that I'll roll the init then.


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

If the last guard is still alive and not in melee, and if Niadroub Kliip is close enough, he'll cast color spray on the guard.

If the last guard is still alive and not in melee, but Niadroub Kliip is not close enough to cast, he'll fire is crossbow.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 7


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

Colwyn feels his mind flopping like a fish dragged onto shore.
Anger at failing to fell his target quickly gives way to shivers. He reassures himself that these are indeed bandits. The alternative terrifies him to much to contemplate.

For now, rather than worrying about evading the noose should he become a wanted man again, he instead focuses on the here-and-now.
He takes stock of the battlefield, looking for trees, rocks, or cover.

If combat continues by the time he comes up again in the initiative, Colwyn will move to the nearest cover as a move action, nock an arrow as a free action, and use his standard action to either fire at a viable target or prepare an action to fire at any hostile target that comes into sight on the walls or at the gate.


Are you sure you want to do that?

The surviving guard squawks as Colwyn's arrow hisses out of the shadows and sinks deeply into him. He barely has time to register the pain before Niadroub Finishes him for good with a bolt.

GM Screen:

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14

The area grows still again, one shout and a few seconds of combat.

GM Screen:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Richard & Colwyn at the gate hear no response from inside.


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

Richard has a look at the equipment the men were carrying and compares them, it might help him understand a basic level of gear shared amongst their group. Is there any kind of markings or shared uniform?


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

Niadroub Kliip reloads his crossbow.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

Even though no new shouts or threats present themselves, Colwyn is far from at ease.
With his bow still drawn and an arrow at the ready, he returns to the shadows. Taking cover by the nearest tree or large rock, he keeps watch.
Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

His eyes dart from the walls of the fort, back to his compatriots, then return to the walls.
He mulls whether he should creep forward to the shadows at the base of the wall or hold position and wait.


Are you sure you want to do that?

The two dead men wear mismatched armor and weapons, they are clearly not part of any formal force. Both have longbows and leather armor. One has a shortsword, the other a handaxe.


Cleric 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 : TAC 13 : FAC 15 : CMD 13 | Fort +2 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Perc. +9 (darkvision 60') : S.M. +3 : Initiative +3 | Move 30' | Longbow +3, 1d8

"Perhaps they are idiots," Elena says as she walks towards the dead men. "But that is no crime."

She utters a prayer for the souls of the dead men and then waits for the growth of her entangle spell to fade.


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

Richard nods at her but doubts they weren't bandits. "Lets try to catch one off guard and get some answers." He gestures to Colwyn to follow him as he proceeds to slip inside the fort once Elena's spell ends. As he slipped inside he kept to the shadows and tried to avoid notice.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Are you sure you want to do that?

GM Screen:

Perception Richard: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Perception Colwyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

As they slip into the silent fortification both Richard & Colwyn note the the entrance had been barred, someone has slipped over the wall and opened it.

Map updated.

The doors at 1 & 2 have both been forced open roughly, by a chisel from the looks of the damage. The storeroom at 1 is dark and quiet, 2 opens onto the main courtyard.

Colwyn can just make out faints sounds coming from the main building at 4.


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

These guys have stolen a fortress, that's definitely worthy of being labeled a bandit... and an ambitious one at that.

Richard ducks back out the door to the others and makes a motioning gesture before pointing at the road and holding his hand up. They are there already on the map! Good.

Moving back into the fortress he nods at Colwyn and points at the doorway to the storeroom to the west. When it seems Colwyn is ready he proceeds quietly to the door and checks it in case it's been trapped.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Taking 13:
Noble Scion of the River Kingdoms-Heroes of the High Court
You are a member of a proud noble family, whether or not you remain in good standing with your family.
Prerequisites: Cha 13, must be taken at 1st level.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on all Knowledge (nobility) checks, and that chosen Knowledge skill is always considered a class skill for you.
Whenever you take 10 on Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), Perception, Ride, or Survival checks, treat the result as if you had rolled a 13 instead of a 10.
on the perception check, total 17.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

"Sounds like everyone else is over there," he whispers, gesturing to the main building.

Before continuing, Colwyn puts away his bow and draws his sword, judging that he'll be in closer quarters now.

He creeps over to the storeroom entrance to see if these intruders set up any sort of alarm or surprises after they forced the door open originally.

If possible, I'll take 10 on Perception to check for traps - so my total should be 16 with a +1 from Trapfinding.
Also, should we move our own tokens on the map?


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

I know that this is a stretch, but can Niadroub Kliip roughly determine how many men it would have taken to breach this fort the way they did? No idea how heavy the main doors are or how sturdy the chiseled doors are.

Know. Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Niadroub Kliip mentally notes to himself in surprise that he's actually been trained for situations like this.

As people start heading into the fort, he casts message on every person he can. Then, with crossbow ready and a spell on the tip of his tongue, he follows the people with armor into the fort, staying with the largest crowd of people, assuming they split up.


Portrait N Female Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 14 | F 3, R 6, W 1 | Init +4 | Per +5

I can't copy my avatar's image into the map for some reason. Can someone do that for me?

Switch follows the fighting, hoping that the people manning the fort aren't her friends...or members of Brevoy's military somehow. Once the two men are dead, she makes a note of their bodies before putting arrow to string and following her new comrades into the fort. She draws back to her cheek, readying an arrow for anyone coming out of the door she's covering.

Readied Action:

Longbow: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17 The +1 is Point-Blank Shot
Damage?: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 2 | AC 17 (t 13, ff 14) | F+4, R+3, W+0 | Init +3, Per +2 | HP 6/22

Xan moved up with the others, sword at the ready. Once Kliip had cast his spell, and was sure it was working, she broadcast to the team.
<Let's give them a chance to surrender first, or at least be certain that they're bandits - evidence is adding up that they are, but a little practice in restraint and target identification couldn't hurt.>

Bonus points if you know where I got the idea to use <> symbols for telepathic communication. :D


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

Richard froze and turned his head to look at Colwyn before whispering. "Please tell me you heard Xantria in your head?"


Are you sure you want to do that?

Serfina, you're on the map now. Everyone should be able to move their icons to where they wish to be. Let me know if you can't?

@Colwyn. The storehouse entrance is untrapped, it's very gloomy inside but you can see it's been cleared aside from broken weapons and armor considered worthless and left behind. There is no one inside.

@Niadroub. You estimate it took one or two in get in over the wall and open the heavy gate, the wooden bar lies beside it on the ground. Once they found the fort was truly deserted they stopped being careful and just smashed any locks they found.

Grappling hook to get up an unmanned wall. lift the bar and open the gate. No one around = Smash and grab.

Perception:

Serafina: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Niadroub: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Xantria: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Elena: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Serafina can also hear what seems to a be a loud and careless search taking place in the main building. Along with curses of discontent at the lack of anything worth looting.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

"Well, I didn't think they'd rig up a door they'd left busted open, but I didn't want to risk it. After all, when the wolf shows his teeth, he ain't smiling," Colwyn says, shaking his head.

"Anyhow, no one's inside, and most of what's left looks broken."


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18
Richard Harmon wrote:
Richard froze and turned his head to look at Colwyn before whispering. "Please tell me you heard Xantria in your head?"

Nothing quite so useful. Instead, you'll hear Niadroub pass on whatever he feels like to each individual. He's really not going to say much via the spell if everyone is together.


Portrait N Female Human Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 14 | F 3, R 6, W 1 | Init +4 | Per +5

"I wouldn't say there's no one inside. They're just all in the main building. Sound pretty disappointed, too."

Switch pauses at the door, slackening off on her bow a bit while she gestures at the door in front of her. "Could use someone tough and ready to open this. I'll cover."

Through #2?


Are you sure you want to do that?

Door 2 is already open, there doesn't seem to be anyone on guard in the yard.


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

Scanning the layout of the fort and what he can see inside the storehouse, Niadroub Kliip points to the stairs inside leading up to the catwalk along the fort wall that leads from this building to the others.

"Eef we eenter the buildings from ep there, we kin surprise the bendits, mebbe. Doors're prebably locked, though."


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

"Dang. I left my, erm, door tools back in my pack."

Colwyn looks back toward the front gate, wondering if he could grab them and return before the looters wandered out.

"We could set up an ambush. Lure them out and surprise them here?"


Cleric 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 : TAC 13 : FAC 15 : CMD 13 | Fort +2 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Perc. +9 (darkvision 60') : S.M. +3 : Initiative +3 | Move 30' | Longbow +3, 1d8
Xantria Aldori wrote:
Bonus points if you know where I got the idea to use <> symbols for telepathic communication. :D

Comic books?

BTW, how are you doing telepathy? Is it a spell-like ability?


Cleric 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 18 : TAC 13 : FAC 15 : CMD 13 | Fort +2 : Ref +3 : Will +5 | Perc. +9 (darkvision 60') : S.M. +3 : Initiative +3 | Move 30' | Longbow +3, 1d8

Elena takes out her bow and nocks an arrow, ready to shoot at anyone she thinks is a threat.

These people may be looking for trouble, but the Swordlords bound us together with their charter. I must watch over them, and hopefully keep them out of too much trouble.

"Do we know that these people are wrongdoers? There are many honest folk who would shoot at someone trying to sneak up on them, and it is no crime to loot an abandoned building, or take up residence in one."

"I do suspect these are not the original owners, but they aren't hurting anyone by being here. Perhaps I could try talking to them."


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

Richard raises an eyebrow at Colwyn "At least one of us came ready for mischief." The nobleman released the sash on his shoulder and then took out a small leather case containing a lock picking kit. "The problem with exploring forgotten lands is not everyone is kind enough to leave a set of keys behind."

"I'd like to circle around as Niadroub suggested. Now that doesn't have to mean attack but if we can have our more ranged components perchard on a balcony or other elevated position out of their reach it might help diplomacy. We still need one or two here to prevent unwarranted retreat."[b]

[b]"Ideally Elena I would like to approach them with the rest of the group's presence unknown to them. They might tell a different tale if there is a group before them, they might be more honest and prone to stabbing at me if I appear alone."

Before attempting to unlock it Richard will try to open the door... no one said it was locked after all. If it is locked...

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Are you sure you want to do that?

If you are referring to the door up the stairs in the storeroom them yes it is locked. A simple lock so taking 20 means you open it. The 2 upper doors are now labeled S1 & S2 for identification.


Male Human (Chellish) Vigilante, HP:20/20, AC: 19, FF: 15, Touch: 14, CMD: 16 CMB: +2 Fort: +1, Ref: +7, Will +3, Initiative +4

Richard sighs and looks at Colwyn "Too much for my abilities, want to give it a go?" Drawing his blade again he looks towards the door his allies believe their quarry is at ready to spring forth and strike if they come through.

...he'll take a -4 on his attack roll for nonlethal.


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Fighter (Aldori Swordlord) 2 | AC 17 (t 13, ff 14) | F+4, R+3, W+0 | Init +3, Per +2 | HP 6/22
Elena Voritzova wrote:
Xantria Aldori wrote:
Bonus points if you know where I got the idea to use <> symbols for telepathic communication. :D

Comic books?

BTW, how are you doing telepathy? Is it a spell-like ability?

The brackets are actually from a book series published... damn, probably about twenty years ago, now I feel old since I started on the series in primary school. Series was called Animorphs.

As for the telepathic stuff, I just misread how message worked and didn't realise until it was too late to edit the post, so just ignore it having happened.

Taking up a position opposite Richard, she readied herself to do the same. She wasn't used to trying to disable someone with a real sword, but at least it was something Master Larek had covered in her training.

Same as Richard, readied action to non-lethally strike anyone coming through the door. Same penalty, too, of course.


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

"Don't mind if I do, friend," Colwyn smiles, accepting the picks from Richard. "Course, this could take a minute or two. Be prepared in case these blokes go on the move and come from behind in the meantime."

Sheathing his sword, Colwyn bends over at the waist to examine the lock, not realizing this posture will leave a kink in his back later.
He really needs to learn to bend at the knees.

Humming a tavern tune to himself, he fiddles with the picks in the lock, gently swaying his hips in idleness.

Taking 20 to pick this lock, but that will give these guys time to move around and what not.

Also, since this is the upstairs door in the storeroom, there will probably only be room for Richard or Xantria to ready a melee action while Colwyn picks the lock.


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

I'm assuming Colwyn is at door S2 at this point.

Certainly being more ranged than melee, Niadroub Kliip goes up onto the catwalk with Colwyn to enter the building from up there.

Once Colwyn has the door unlocked, he uses his active message spell to coordinate timing with Richard.

"Leet me know wheen you eenter; wee'll go at th' seem time."


Male Human (Taldan) Rogue 2, AC 17 (T 14, FF 13), CMD 16, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Init +3, Perception +6, HP 14/14 Party Treasury

"I'm not terribly keen on being up here," Colwyn says, edging towards the next door on the parapet. He peers down to his right, looking at the statue in the yard below.
"It's too narrow for my liking."

He first adjusts his belt, ensuring his sheathed sword is easily within grasp, then begins to carefully unlock the next door using the picks borrowed from Richard.

"Knowing my luck, they're going to be right on the other side of this door, friend, and then I'll wager you'll be glad to have me in front," he quietly jokes to Niadroub.


Male Human Arcanist 1 ~ AC 16* (t 12, ff 14*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+1, R+2, W+4 | Init +7, Per +2 | A.R. pts 5/5 | HP 18/18

"Yes, very heppy," Niadroub Kliip whispers, in all seriousness.

Although, now that I'm actually looking at the map, we'll probably be going back down to ground level as soon as we're on the other side of the door.

Anyone else who joins the catwalk can place themselves in front of Niadroub Kliip. He'll insist.

51 to 100 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker. The shadows behind the throne. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.