Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Kingmaker: Rivers Run Red

Game Master wehrpig

Roll20 Site


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,373 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Male Human Beast Rider Emissary 3 / Hunter 2 (HP: 37/48 (2 Cha)// AC: 21, T: 11, F: 20 // F: 7 R: 5 W: 4 // Init: +1, Per: +8 // Dip/Bluff/Intim: 10/6/6, Know (Nobility/Geog): 6/3, Handle Animal: 10, Ride: 9 // MW Lance PA +7 (1d8+10, x3 on charge)
Resources:
  • Challenge: 1/1
  • Animal Aspect: 2/2
Cinder:
HP: 42/42 // AC: 19, T: 11, F: 17 // F: 7 R: 6 W: 2 // Init: +2, Per: +5 // Bite +8 (1d4+6)/2 hoof +8/+8 (1d6+3)

Beaten and covered in his own blood and tree sap, Connor grunts noncomittally as the others pass out their accolades. He slides off his horse with practiced grace and drops his axe before he rushes to Larisa and embraces her immediately.

"Old Deadeye has been watching, you, bless him! I thought we screwed up leaving you behind. My soul wrenched every step of the way ... I am sorry it took us so long!"

Connor steps back as quickly as he raced over, still holding the archer as he appraises her for injuries.

"Are you OK? What happened? And ... did you call that tree fey, Corax? Please tell me that's someone's bizarre sense of humor."


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

"Welcome back, Larisa! It seems your time in the Summer Lands has not left you unchanged, but none the worse for the wear. It's good to see you again," says Veronica with an easygoing smile.

"Anyone else need any healing aid? Otherwise I'm going to see if we have a shovel in our gear and enlist Zeke here to help me find out what that tree was standing on."


F Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5; Init +5; Perception +10; AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14; HP 36/36; F: +4 R: +4 W: +6; CMD 16; Heavy Crossbow +6 1D10 (19/20 x2) 120ft; Ammo 47/50; Deadly Aim -1/+2, Sneak Attack +1D6

With a smile Larisa brushes away the grime from Connor's face before planting a deep kiss on his lips before launching into her tale. "You don't need to fret, I am well. Melianse didn't lie to you or go back on her word, I chose to enter a realm close to the first world and seek out it's guardian, an old druidic legend known as the Green Man. I though we could use some help combating Narissa and the corruption of the old gods if we're to ever tame this land."

"Corax and his charmed men followed me into the Green Man's realm, and well," She says, gesturing at the grumpy treant. "The Green man has an ironic sense of humor when it comes to punishment. He turned Corax into a coachwood treant and bound him to guard the sapling in my pack."

"I walked around the Green Man's realm, was branded by the Green Man when Corax and his men killed some animals, got drunk with satyr's and only was spared a fate of being trapped in the realm because I managed to impress the fey with my dancing. When I came to the fey had spirited away Corax's men and I found Corax in his current state, after that I was directed to seek out the Green Man and he informed me that I had been chosen as his agent in this land. I agreed to his terms and that's how I came to be here."

Leaning away from Connor she shows off the Green Man's ankh around her neck. "To cut a long story short I have been charged to plant this primal tree sapling from the dawn of time in the center of the forest so that it will restore the land to it's full glory. I must then gather the druids of the land to tend to it so that it will become of source of power for those who would defend the forest. I suppose that in this way I also come as a herald bearing a warning. This forest is protected by powerful forces Connor, those who fear our nation will undo the ecosystem of the forest and destroy it. If we can make our nation one that lives in harmony with nature then we will gain a powerful patron, if we take the path of men like Corax then we will be left to face Narissa alone."

Having delivered her grave message Larisa sighs and gives the party a smile. "It's good to see you all again though, I am sure together we will have no trouble facing what the future holds." She says, taking a few more moments comfort from Connor's embrace before pulling away.


Story Narrator

Where to from here?


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

"Are we ready to return to Tiressa, and after her, to Melianse?"

Anything interesting about the cloak, after digging it up from under the tree? Does it detect as magical?


Male Human Beast Rider Emissary 3 / Hunter 2 (HP: 37/48 (2 Cha)// AC: 21, T: 11, F: 20 // F: 7 R: 5 W: 4 // Init: +1, Per: +8 // Dip/Bluff/Intim: 10/6/6, Know (Nobility/Geog): 6/3, Handle Animal: 10, Ride: 9 // MW Lance PA +7 (1d8+10, x3 on charge)
Resources:
  • Challenge: 1/1
  • Animal Aspect: 2/2
Cinder:
HP: 42/42 // AC: 19, T: 11, F: 17 // F: 7 R: 6 W: 2 // Init: +2, Per: +5 // Bite +8 (1d4+6)/2 hoof +8/+8 (1d6+3)

"I must admit, this fey business has me chasing my tail, but you are right. We need to figure out a way to cohabitate and ensure our people meet the agreements we set in place," he smiles a tired grin at Larisa

"I'm really glad you're back." he says again.

As Veronica suggests a direction, Connor nods picking up his gear and wiping off the tree fire. "I know we have much more fey living to work out, but I for one wouldn't mind a break from them for a bit. Let's be done with this mess."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Elf Fey Sorcerer 5 :: AC 12 :: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 :: Per +3, Init +2

Seres listens to Larisa's story closely, fascinated by her encounter with the Green Man. "I hope this deed will be an olive branch to Melianse and other fey of her mindset, to let them know that we are not their enemies. They also need to understand we will not be trifled with. I understand fey are fickle by nature, but if we can get the majority of them on good terms, it will make life better for all."


Story Narrator

You return that evening to the dryad's grove to find Tiressia once again gazing sadly into her pool. The satyr Falchos steps from the woods and stares knowingly at Connor's and Raff's bandaged wounds. "I too have felt the bite of the scythe. You were lucky to escape the blight with your lives. Does the horror yet live?"

Tiressia looks up expectantly.

Yes, the robe is magical.


F Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5; Init +5; Perception +10; AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14; HP 36/36; F: +4 R: +4 W: +6; CMD 16; Heavy Crossbow +6 1D10 (19/20 x2) 120ft; Ammo 47/50; Deadly Aim -1/+2, Sneak Attack +1D6

Larisa nods in agreement with Connor. "I've had my fill of fey for now as well, I could use a trip back to civilization before I go on my quest to plant this sapling."


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

"As far as I know, it is destroyed. Its trunk was shattered and its limbs cut off. We can turn it into a pyre and burn it to nothing, if that is required," says Veronica to Tiressia.


Story Narrator

Tiressia cries with relief upon hearing of the scythe tree's destruction. "Yes, I have heard it whispered among the branches and forests that the menace has been ended and the blight is receding. Finally, the nightmare is over! How can I ever repay you? Please, take these as a small tokens of my gratitude. Perhaps these feathers will help assist you in convincing Melianse that you are worthy of her alliance. You must also know that I will aid you in guarding the Narlmarches and I will keep you informed of any threats to your borders."

She hands you six greenish brown feather tokens (tree), two potions of cure moderate wounds, a scroll of summon nature's ally II and a wand of cure light wounds (26 charges).


Male Elf Fey Sorcerer 5 :: AC 12 :: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 :: Per +3, Init +2

Seres takes the offered gifts and returns a deep bow of thanks, gauntleted hand held high across his chest. "You are too generous, Tiressia. We are happy to have you and other fair-minded residents of these lands -- fey or otherwise -- as our friends. I too hope that Melianse will reconsider her prejudices."


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

"Ah! With those tokens we can regrow Melianse's grove!" says Veronica excitedly.


Half-orc Investigator 3/Barbarian (Drunken brute) 1 | HP 36/36 (23/44) | AC 21 (19) T 12 (10) FF 19 (17) | Fort 9 (11) Ref 11 Will 7 (9) | Initiative +2 | Rage 13/14 | Inspiration 3/4

"Wonderful! Finally done with that wretched dealing. I feel sorry for you guys, I've only meet her the once and I dread going back, even with good news." Raff tilts his head back and sighs. "She's really a handful."


Story Narrator

After spending another night at the dryad's grove, you trek the following day back to Melianse's lake.

Once again the nixie rises from the placid waters as you approach. "The prodigal fools return! Have you come to further extend your desecration of these pristine groves?"

She stops in mid sentence upon seeing Larisa and Corax. "How can it be that you have escaped Porpherio's Garden?"

She smiles darkly at Corax. "Well, appropriate justice has been rendered on the craven logger. I would extend a similar fate to your fool comrades."

She then puzzles over Larisa. "You though, are another matter. You bear the mark of the Green Man and carry a living relic of great power. I see that you have achieved enlightenment in the gardens and have evolved to a higher level of consciousness. We are now equals. I would ask you and the fey-blooded elf to join me and the treesinger. Together we can stand against the brutish humans and their nascent kingdom. We will use your relic to cleanse the lands of the scourge of humanity. What say you, disciple of the Green Man?"


Male Elf Fey Sorcerer 5 :: AC 12 :: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 :: Per +3, Init +2

Seres sighs loudly and rolls his eyes. "Melianse, you are going to have to accept these humans as your neighbors eventually. We -- these humans included -- destroyed the scythe tree blight and befriended Tiressia. She gifted us these tree tokens which we can use to restore your grove... if you agree to play nice."

The Exchange

M Half Elf Unchained Rogue 5 (Scout& Knifemaster) | AC 19|, T 15, FF 13 | CMB +4 CMD 19 | HP 40/43 | F +3 R +8 W +2(4 vs enchants) Immune to sleep| Init +6 | Perc +11/15 vs conversation or things hidden

I am finally done traveling and hope to keep up once I am caught up. So, earlier...

Veronica Ferra wrote:
"Welcome back, Larisa! It seems your time in the Summer Lands has not left you unchanged, but none the worse for the wear. It's good to see you again," says Veronica with an easygoing smile.

Yes Larisa, welcome back to the land of men. You were missed. I am pleased that you were victorious over your many challenges and glad indeed to have you back with us.

Ezekial reacts with a surprised but happy smile when Larisa kisses Connon. So that is how it is between them then.

Present

Ezekial hangs back only close enough to come the the group's aid should he be needed. He has not desire to see the maligned fey of the pool again.


Male Human Beast Rider Emissary 3 / Hunter 2 (HP: 37/48 (2 Cha)// AC: 21, T: 11, F: 20 // F: 7 R: 5 W: 4 // Init: +1, Per: +8 // Dip/Bluff/Intim: 10/6/6, Know (Nobility/Geog): 6/3, Handle Animal: 10, Ride: 9 // MW Lance PA +7 (1d8+10, x3 on charge)
Resources:
  • Challenge: 1/1
  • Animal Aspect: 2/2
Cinder:
HP: 42/42 // AC: 19, T: 11, F: 17 // F: 7 R: 6 W: 2 // Init: +2, Per: +5 // Bite +8 (1d4+6)/2 hoof +8/+8 (1d6+3)

Connor grips the reins tightly but let's Seres less this discussion.

Know your weaknesses, Connor

-Posted with Wayfinder


F Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5; Init +5; Perception +10; AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14; HP 36/36; F: +4 R: +4 W: +6; CMD 16; Heavy Crossbow +6 1D10 (19/20 x2) 120ft; Ammo 47/50; Deadly Aim -1/+2, Sneak Attack +1D6

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Larisa takes a deep breath as she steps forward and looks the water fey in the eyes. "I did achieve a new sense of awareness in Gardens yes. The Green Man in his wisdom he chose me as his agent in this land because he knows that I am a person that when given a task will preform that task with a singular will. Make no mistake though, while I am honored to preform my task so that this land will blossom with new life I am still an agent of Erastil. My heart will always lie with the Lord of the Hearth and the Hunt, fey and if you continue down this path of hate then by the authority invested in me by the Green Man and the Power of Lord Deadeye you will not even see the bolt that strikes you down."

Leaning forward slightly as her hard eyes bore into the fey's Larisa's voice lowers to a whisper. "You may not like it but we humans are here to stay, but you do not have to fear civilization. I will walk both worlds and personally ensure that all respect this land and all who chose to live here, I will ensure that the harmony of nature will flourish. This new nation will adapt to what will come but in doing so this land too will change. You have the choice, abandon this grudge before it's poison twists you into a monster, because I will kill you if it does. Or you can chose to embrace this new change and witness something new." Her piece said she returns to stand next to Connor. "We should go, enough has been said already."

The Exchange

M Half Elf Unchained Rogue 5 (Scout& Knifemaster) | AC 19|, T 15, FF 13 | CMB +4 CMD 19 | HP 40/43 | F +3 R +8 W +2(4 vs enchants) Immune to sleep| Init +6 | Perc +11/15 vs conversation or things hidden

Listening, Ezekiel's game drops and then he allows himself a smile.

Wow. Nice!


Male Human Beast Rider Emissary 3 / Hunter 2 (HP: 37/48 (2 Cha)// AC: 21, T: 11, F: 20 // F: 7 R: 5 W: 4 // Init: +1, Per: +8 // Dip/Bluff/Intim: 10/6/6, Know (Nobility/Geog): 6/3, Handle Animal: 10, Ride: 9 // MW Lance PA +7 (1d8+10, x3 on charge)
Resources:
  • Challenge: 1/1
  • Animal Aspect: 2/2
Cinder:
HP: 42/42 // AC: 19, T: 11, F: 17 // F: 7 R: 6 W: 2 // Init: +2, Per: +5 // Bite +8 (1d4+6)/2 hoof +8/+8 (1d6+3)

Connor nods, "Plant the trees per our agreement and let us be on our way."

Once the dead is done, Connor bows from the saddle at the fey before he departs.

"My lady."

And if everyone is done, he will lead the ride back to New Hope.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

Veronica takes the tokens and slowly walks in a circle around Melianse's grove, placing trees at irregular intervals, then tapping each token and stepping back as it springs into a mighty oak.


Story Narrator

Melianse bows her head at Larisa's threat. "As you wish, servant of Erastil, perhaps human and fey may coexist. But a time of reckoning is coming when the fey queen will claim this land. Perhaps she will accept your kingdom as a vassal state, but more than likely she will enslave you and your people. Time will tell. You've been warned."

The coach wood grove is miraculously restored when Veronica applies the feather tokens. Melianse nods her reluctant thanks to Veronica, "You have reversed the wanton destruction of the loggers and have absolved yourself of the sins of your kin folk. Know that the price will be much higher the next time one of your subjects violates this forest. As a reward for your service, I will agree to watch the rivers of the Greenbelt for threats to your people."

Your kingdom stability is increased by +2.

As you ride into New Hope the following day, you are once again greeted by Jax at the frontier. "Greetings, my lords. A charismatic orator arrived a day after you last left town and has been giving speeches criticizing and denigrating your leadership and your management of the recent werewolf killings. More and more of the townsfolk are gathering to hear him talk, and he’s building a wellspring of support among the disaffected settlers in the town. Something needs to be done!"

Your kingdom unrest has increased by +2 since you've left.

The Exchange

M Half Elf Unchained Rogue 5 (Scout& Knifemaster) | AC 19|, T 15, FF 13 | CMB +4 CMD 19 | HP 40/43 | F +3 R +8 W +2(4 vs enchants) Immune to sleep| Init +6 | Perc +11/15 vs conversation or things hidden

Ezekiel looks to the group I could take care of this one. he offers. People go missing all the time. He is smiling and you are not quite sure if he is joking or not.


Male Elf Fey Sorcerer 5 :: AC 12 :: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 :: Per +3, Init +2

Seres smiles at Ezekial's suggestion. "Can't let a day pass without someone trying to make us look bad," Seres laments. "Its almost as if there's some people actively undermining our progress..."

"Maybe we speak to this orator and find out who's paying him?"


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

"Assuming he's not just a disgruntled citizen," says Veronica. "This is going to set the tenor for how we deal with people who feel unhappy. We should probably be... delicate."


Male Human Beast Rider Emissary 3 / Hunter 2 (HP: 37/48 (2 Cha)// AC: 21, T: 11, F: 20 // F: 7 R: 5 W: 4 // Init: +1, Per: +8 // Dip/Bluff/Intim: 10/6/6, Know (Nobility/Geog): 6/3, Handle Animal: 10, Ride: 9 // MW Lance PA +7 (1d8+10, x3 on charge)
Resources:
  • Challenge: 1/1
  • Animal Aspect: 2/2
Cinder:
HP: 42/42 // AC: 19, T: 11, F: 17 // F: 7 R: 6 W: 2 // Init: +2, Per: +5 // Bite +8 (1d4+6)/2 hoof +8/+8 (1d6+3)

"Let him talk. Let's focus on the kingdom and find support through our actions. "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Elf Fey Sorcerer 5 :: AC 12 :: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 :: Per +3, Init +2

Seres shakes his head. "No, we've already seen that Nugrah and the Stag Lord are working against us. I suspect this orator may be in their employ. If we let this man continue unopposed, it will only continue to sour attitudes. I'm not suggesting we beat him up in the street, but if we defend our deeds publicly -- or better, prove that he's being paid by our enemies -- few will pay him any further heed."


Half-orc Investigator 3/Barbarian (Drunken brute) 1 | HP 36/36 (23/44) | AC 21 (19) T 12 (10) FF 19 (17) | Fort 9 (11) Ref 11 Will 7 (9) | Initiative +2 | Rage 13/14 | Inspiration 3/4

"Aye, the man has the right to speak his mind. No matter how wrong he might be, the best that can be done is to placate the concerns of the citizens regarding the matter." Raff cracks his neck and then shrugs. "Less he's just flat out lying of course, Then something should be done. Either way I think we should go listen to what he's saying. Might have a point that hadn't been thought of."


Male Human Beast Rider Emissary 3 / Hunter 2 (HP: 37/48 (2 Cha)// AC: 21, T: 11, F: 20 // F: 7 R: 5 W: 4 // Init: +1, Per: +8 // Dip/Bluff/Intim: 10/6/6, Know (Nobility/Geog): 6/3, Handle Animal: 10, Ride: 9 // MW Lance PA +7 (1d8+10, x3 on charge)
Resources:
  • Challenge: 1/1
  • Animal Aspect: 2/2
Cinder:
HP: 42/42 // AC: 19, T: 11, F: 17 // F: 7 R: 6 W: 2 // Init: +2, Per: +5 // Bite +8 (1d4+6)/2 hoof +8/+8 (1d6+3)

"OK, look into if it is nefarious, but if it's valid then let's change our actions."

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

"If this guy is holding forth in public, we should make sure to bring a good public speaker in case there's, y'know, a crowd," says Veronica. "I, uh, am not a great public speaker."


F Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5; Init +5; Perception +10; AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14; HP 36/36; F: +4 R: +4 W: +6; CMD 16; Heavy Crossbow +6 1D10 (19/20 x2) 120ft; Ammo 47/50; Deadly Aim -1/+2, Sneak Attack +1D6

"I agree with Veronica, we need our own public speaker if we're to win in the court of public debate. I'm good at being scary in a one on one thing but I'm not exactly going ot win crowds over." Larisa says, agree with the cleric. "Let's go hear what this speaker has to say, if it sounds like he's a foregin agent maybe Zek and I can dig something up on him later."


Story Narrator

As you approach the burgeoning town square of New Hope you see a sizable crowd gathered around a speaker standing on a large wooden crate. The speaker is an obese, bearded man wearing rich purple silks with gold trim. He shakes his fist as he bellows at the crowd. "Good people of New Hope, our leaders have failed us! They have demonstrated gross negligence in abandoning the town to go gallivanting through the Narlmarches on fool’s errands and leaving the town exposed to banditry, monster attacks, and worse! How many of your hardworking brothers and sisters were murdered by the werewolf? And who do you think brought that werewolf to New Hope?"

He looks to you and points a finger at Veronica. "This woman is the werewolf progenitor! Look at her feral eyes and curved fangs. She is more wolf than human! I swear by Desna that she created that foul beast with her vicious bite and I fear she now brings more of her spawn to silence us! This woman is the lycanthrope that hunts your children in the night. My friends, we are governed by a monster!"

The crowd gasps and looks at you with a mix of trembling fear and hysteria.

The Exchange

M Half Elf Unchained Rogue 5 (Scout& Knifemaster) | AC 19|, T 15, FF 13 | CMB +4 CMD 19 | HP 40/43 | F +3 R +8 W +2(4 vs enchants) Immune to sleep| Init +6 | Perc +11/15 vs conversation or things hidden

Ezekiel tries to fade into the crowd and circle around to get nearer to him.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


F Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5; Init +5; Perception +10; AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14; HP 36/36; F: +4 R: +4 W: +6; CMD 16; Heavy Crossbow +6 1D10 (19/20 x2) 120ft; Ammo 47/50; Deadly Aim -1/+2, Sneak Attack +1D6

Larisa looks askance at Connor. "There was a werewolf in town? No wonder the people are so easily riled, you need to speak up or we might have a panicked mob on our hands." She says as she foucses on the orator, staring at him intensly.


Half-orc Investigator 3/Barbarian (Drunken brute) 1 | HP 36/36 (23/44) | AC 21 (19) T 12 (10) FF 19 (17) | Fort 9 (11) Ref 11 Will 7 (9) | Initiative +2 | Rage 13/14 | Inspiration 3/4

Raff looses a grunt of disdain at the mans fear mongering, as Larisa speaks up, Raff responds. "Yeah, It started out far away from here and Followed it down, Veronica actually helped me cure him." Marching to the front of the group he stands directly in front of the man and speaks. "You're talkin outa your ass, I came here from weeks of riding away tracking the beast. No way it was her that turned him!"


Male Human Beast Rider Emissary 3 / Hunter 2 (HP: 37/48 (2 Cha)// AC: 21, T: 11, F: 20 // F: 7 R: 5 W: 4 // Init: +1, Per: +8 // Dip/Bluff/Intim: 10/6/6, Know (Nobility/Geog): 6/3, Handle Animal: 10, Ride: 9 // MW Lance PA +7 (1d8+10, x3 on charge)
Resources:
  • Challenge: 1/1
  • Animal Aspect: 2/2
Cinder:
HP: 42/42 // AC: 19, T: 11, F: 17 // F: 7 R: 6 W: 2 // Init: +2, Per: +5 // Bite +8 (1d4+6)/2 hoof +8/+8 (1d6+3)

Connor nods at Larisa and the others and dismounts and heads up to the man speaking. He slowly but deliberately walks up to him, smiling.

He unstraps and holds out his shield to the man, shoving it into his hands and letting go of it as he turns to face the crowd, "A fine gathering of strong New Hope citizens here. I see several of you that fought with us to take this place back from the bandit. Good to see you again," Connor nods to individuals in the crowd regardless if he recognizes them or not.

"For those of you who do not recognize me, I am Connor Lake, and over there is the small council that governs this new land. This fine man here is right in word if off on a few details and well off target on assuming our intent. I'm sure he means well," Connor gives the speaker a patronizing smile.

"We built this land from nothing, you poured your heart and soul into these buildings, these crops, and into welcoming the newcomers as they come along, providing that new start to all who wish to live peacefully together. I thank you for that. It is not an easy road or easy life, but you've undertaken it and done well at it."

"Still things happen that are beyond your control or due to the magical nature of this blessed wilderness and its closeness to the fey, and it requires special attention and consideration from us to enable you to.live peacefully."

"Yes, a foreigner took up here and was cursed with lycanthropy. He slew three of your neighbors before we defeated him and out an end to his threat. You need not worry about that any more."

"Yes, we left town to forage for new allies, explore for resources and new lands to acquire and to initiate the possibility of treaties with our neighbors. We will secure your borders so you can live prosperously. This I promise you."

"Should you have grievances, we will hold open court twice a month for you to air them. Spread the word, we will post announcements soon."

"Thanks for coming together, I'm going to ask my new shield bearer to join us now and see if we can arrange a post for him as a crier."

With that, Connor steps down and depending on the crowd's temperament, will leave with the others.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

-Posted with Wayfinder


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

Veronica bows her head as the speaker makes his ugly accusations. Clearly, she has heard this before, and she dreaded the day that it would come up again.

Finally, she raises her head and says, "It's true that I'm a shapeshifter. It's true that hidden beneath this exterior are the teeth of the wolf."

"But I am also a priestess of Erastil. I am also your neighbor, and your friend. I am no werewolf. I am simply a woman who is close to the land and the animals therein."

"Every farmer has a friendly hound that lives on the farm, warns of danger and helps when hunting. That's all I am - Erastil's hound, here to help the farms to grow and prosper. I can't infect anyone with the curse of lycanthropy, even if I were inclined to do so. And all I want is to watch this community grow and prosper, and to have a place to lie down in my old age some day. Maybe with some children of my own. The same as any of you."

"I'd fight to save anyone here from a werewolf - and I already did. There's plenty more out there - monsters and faeries and witches and gods know what - that may be threats to our homes, but none of them can defeat us if we stand strong together. Which means that the worst enemies are fear and hate. Because if you fear and hate your neighbor, then the enemies out in the dark parts of the woods will creep in between you and there will be no one to help you when they come."

"This is a community of good, hard-working people, and fear and hate have no power here. We work together, we share together, we live and love and laugh together. Whether man or elf, woman or wolf, we are neighbors and friends. So before you let fear and hate in the door, please, I implore you, consider whether you will trust a woman you see every morning at the shrine of Erastil, whose faith is in you, or a stranger who comes to town to rile you up against each other."

Diplomacy, aid Connor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

The Exchange

M Half Elf Unchained Rogue 5 (Scout& Knifemaster) | AC 19|, T 15, FF 13 | CMB +4 CMD 19 | HP 40/43 | F +3 R +8 W +2(4 vs enchants) Immune to sleep| Init +6 | Perc +11/15 vs conversation or things hidden

Ezekial, dressed in plain clothing, watches the "herald" wondering how he might respond and where he might go to once he leaves this public place, and resolves to follow the man at least for a time.


Story Narrator

The crowd nods in agreement as Connor speaks. One burly farmer spits on the ground. "I'm with you lord!"

Several people are visibly relieved of their fear when Veronica tells her story.

The speaker only smiles when Raff and Connor step up to him. He gladly accepts the shield and holds it high into the air. "You see, comrades, he hands me his shield! Our lord has abdicated his responsibility to defend us! Oh, he says he was out securing our borders, eh? More like he was out searching for gold while you suffered! People of New Hope, our so-called leaders have acquired much wealth during their adventures, but they have used it only to enrich themselves, not to aid the town or its citizens! You need look no further than the poverty and destitution around you to know this to be true!"

To Raff he laughs, "I'm afraid it is you, Sir, who are wrong. I have evidence that the lady is the real werewolf. I call forward a witness!"

A skinny farm hand with a blank look steps forward and begins speaking in monotone. "I done saw that woman enter the stable the night of the killing. I hear she ripped off the head of that ol' merchant! I reckon' she drank his blood and ate his gizzard!"

The speaker then holds his hand to to his heart as his eyes begin to well up and a large tear rolls down his face. "Poor, poor Norben, what has become of you my friend? Master Lake was no where to be found when you died. If only I had been there with my shield - I could have saved you. You did not deserve to die by the hands of this animal!"

He once again points to Veronica. "She asks you to trust her? Norben trusted her and look what it got him! Now his wife will starve this winter and his young baby girls will never know their father! Nay my friends, do not believe their lies or you will share the cruel fate of poor Norben!"

The crowd looks around uneasily and begins to murmur their sympathy for the dead merchant and his family. Around you, more people are coming streaming in from the fields to witness the exchange.

Please continue to make your diplomacy rolls if you wish to counter the speaker.

dice:

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Female Skinwalker (Witchwolf) Cleric 5 | 32/32 HP | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +6 | Initiative +1 | Perception +5; low-light vision | Channel Energy 3/4 | Speak with Animals 7/7 rounds | Touch of Good 5/5 | Bless, magic circle vs. evil

Minor error, my Diplomacy bonus is +1, not +4, but I still hit the DC 10 to aid Connor's earlier roll.


F Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5; Init +5; Perception +10; AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14; HP 36/36; F: +4 R: +4 W: +6; CMD 16; Heavy Crossbow +6 1D10 (19/20 x2) 120ft; Ammo 47/50; Deadly Aim -1/+2, Sneak Attack +1D6

Sense Motive to check for enchantment magic: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
As she hears the boy give his account Larisa looks at him with a scowl and strides forward, splitting her focus between the man and him. A young boy speaking before a crowd accusing a local hero of murder, and he speaks in monotone. No young man is so composed, something is amiss here.

"As an Inquisitor of Erastil it is my purpose to root out the lies that left uncovered will poison the community." With a sever look she pushes her way through the crowd and stares down the boy. "Do you here by testify by Deadeye that what you have seen is the truth?' She asks, her ankh glowing as she checks him for magic, watching for signs of deceit.

Sense Motive The Orator: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Sense Motive The Farm Hand: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Casting Detect Magic on the boy, when the man speaks and if the boy speak Larisa will use her Discern Lies ability as an Inquisitor on the first one as an Immediate action. DC 18 Will save to negate. Been playing a lot of Tyranny lately and heaven help me I know what my first instinct would be if this guy was in that game.

The Exchange

M Half Elf Unchained Rogue 5 (Scout& Knifemaster) | AC 19|, T 15, FF 13 | CMB +4 CMD 19 | HP 40/43 | F +3 R +8 W +2(4 vs enchants) Immune to sleep| Init +6 | Perc +11/15 vs conversation or things hidden

Unsure how to help, Exekial works to blend in with the crowd and awaits his chance to follow the speaker.


Half-orc Investigator 3/Barbarian (Drunken brute) 1 | HP 36/36 (23/44) | AC 21 (19) T 12 (10) FF 19 (17) | Fort 9 (11) Ref 11 Will 7 (9) | Initiative +2 | Rage 13/14 | Inspiration 3/4

Raff clenches and un-clenches his fist rapidly taking a step closer to the speaker with a threatening glare in his eye. Instead He turns around, retrieves his flask and takes a swig to calm his nerves. "Lyin bastard, I was there, I fought by her side and we took the damn thing down together." He takes another swig from the flask and stows it. He gives the man an offensive gesture and walks away, knowing he'll only hurt the talk with the townsfolk should he stay.


Male Elf Fey Sorcerer 5 :: AC 12 :: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5 :: Per +3, Init +2

Seres moves up to bolster the crowd. "Citizens of New Hope. You know us. You know what we are trying to achieve here. You know why we named this place 'New Hope' when we took it from the strangling hands of the Stag Lord and his treacherous henchmen. Some of you were there..."

"We have struggled and bled -- and lost friends -- to secure New Hope's future. It has not been a road without bumps, but the hard paths of the Stolen Lands were never going to be easy."

He turns to the orator, shaking his head with a deep frown. "We do not know this man. We know only that he is spreading mis-truths and slander against us. The question remains: who is he working for? From where comes his gold?"

Diplomacy (aid other): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Story Narrator

The farmhand stares at Larisa and then responds again in monotone, "Yes, I swear to the Deadeye, I saw that there woman enter the barn when the merchant was murdered."

Larisa:
Larisa senses that the speaker is attempting to provoke the crowd and incite unrest. She senses that the farm hand is under some sort of enthrallment. She detects no magic from the farm hand. The farmhand is telling the truth.


F Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5; Init +5; Perception +10; AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14; HP 36/36; F: +4 R: +4 W: +6; CMD 16; Heavy Crossbow +6 1D10 (19/20 x2) 120ft; Ammo 47/50; Deadly Aim -1/+2, Sneak Attack +1D6

If he's under an enchantment wouldn't I be able to detect that?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Beast Rider Emissary 3 / Hunter 2 (HP: 37/48 (2 Cha)// AC: 21, T: 11, F: 20 // F: 7 R: 5 W: 4 // Init: +1, Per: +8 // Dip/Bluff/Intim: 10/6/6, Know (Nobility/Geog): 6/3, Handle Animal: 10, Ride: 9 // MW Lance PA +7 (1d8+10, x3 on charge)
Resources:
  • Challenge: 1/1
  • Animal Aspect: 2/2
Cinder:
HP: 42/42 // AC: 19, T: 11, F: 17 // F: 7 R: 6 W: 2 // Init: +2, Per: +5 // Bite +8 (1d4+6)/2 hoof +8/+8 (1d6+3)

"This man is not your friend. Using the word, friend, and stating what he would do if only he had the chance is not the same. We came. We fought. We removed the Stag Lord from his strangle hold on this community. We slew the troll terrorizing the south, the bear that killed men in the north, we ended the threat of the mites and kobolds nearby. We are arranging an alliance with gnomish allies. These things are tangible, truthful and provable. Some of you have seen it with your own eyes."

Connor lifts his axe and points it at the orator and pokes him in the shield, metal ringing on metal, "There were plenty of shields lying on the ground from the hobgoblin bandits we slew here. Where were you to defend? Where were you when action was called for? No where to be found. And how do I know? Because I was here, risking my life and giving my blood to make this land fertile. Our miniscule gains have been poured into setting up this village, this keep, this inn, these farms and fisheries. Not words. Deeds. This we have done. You are no one. You offer empty words without evidence. Have you given anything to these farmers? Have you offered to toil their lands with them? I have and I will again. If anyone needs my arm, my axe, my shovel, or my horse ... I will come."

Turning back to the crowd, "A few months ago, there was nothing here ... this town is creation, not destruction. This is the beginning of prosperity. From nothing, you must traverse poor to become wealthy. It is a journey, and one that hard work, faith, and trust in each other will get you through. We must come together to succeed, not work to tear each other down when it gets a little hard."

"For you sir, I offered you a job and you offered me insult. You called me a liar to my face. If you wish to continue this matter of honor, take up my blade and my shield," Connor throws a battle axe at his feet. "And face me as the man of action you claim to be."

"Or if you're too afraid to face your lord ... I will allow Cinder to champion, for she most certainly has more honor, valor and candor than you." Cinder snorts and paws the ground in response.

Diplomacy for the crowd: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 4 = 29; I added in Veronica and Seres' aid others here
Intimidate for the man: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


F Human Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 5; Init +5; Perception +10; AC: 17 T: 13 FF: 14; HP 36/36; F: +4 R: +4 W: +6; CMD 16; Heavy Crossbow +6 1D10 (19/20 x2) 120ft; Ammo 47/50; Deadly Aim -1/+2, Sneak Attack +1D6

In the lull of Connor's speech Larisa steps to the forefront and addresses the crowd in a strong clear voice. "By the grace of Erastil I am ready to deliver my judgment. The boy speaks truth, yet he is enthralled, under the sway of mind altering magics." With a stern and pitiless gaze she looks at the Orator. "You speak of the troubles of the people yet you bring forward a tampered witness with the intent of fostering dissent and unrest in our settlement. Given the circumstances I believe you are responsible for the tampering with of this boy's mind. "

Turning to the crowd Larisa points accusingly at the man. "He speaks of love for the victims of this attack, he claims to care about justice. Instead he brings one of our own, under wicked enthrallment no less, to testify against our town's cleric."

"He claims to see the struggles we all go through, the place of poverty many of us are struggling to overcome. All of us, everyday, work hard to make this settlement something more than what it was the day before. When Lord Connor arrived this place was overrun with bandits and not fit for even the rats living in it's walls. Together we have restored this fort, created a stretch of farms that cover this land. Together we have made sure that we will all have food and together we buid this land up through the sweat of our brows." With a sneer she turns on the Orator.

"Look at the lines of fat that rest under his chins, how his shirts struggle to contain his girth, look at his soft hands and how he struggles to lift our Lord's shield. This fat pig has never known a hard day's work and yet he claims to know our struggles. When has this man ever had to struggle for a place to call his own, look at the richness of his silk clothes, this a man who has never had to work with his community to raise a house. Has never known the pride of hard day's work, never stood with his fellow man in defense of his hearth. Unlike our Lord, who has done all these things and even now seeks to bring peace and order to our homes, this pig is not worthy of the air he wastes to spew his lies."

"For your crimes of purposefully seeking to undermine the trust and faith of the people by turning them on the faithful of Erastil, for daring to bewitch one of our own and use him against his fellow man, and your continued offence against the honorable and just leadership of this settlement, in the name of Erastil as his inquisitor I pronounce judgment upon you. If are so coward as to refuse our Lord's challenge then by the authority granted to me by Erastil, in defense of the common good our our home I will escort you to the borders of our lands so that you may leave and darken our door no more."

Diplomacy assist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Half-orc Investigator 3/Barbarian (Drunken brute) 1 | HP 36/36 (23/44) | AC 21 (19) T 12 (10) FF 19 (17) | Fort 9 (11) Ref 11 Will 7 (9) | Initiative +2 | Rage 13/14 | Inspiration 3/4

Raff trundles back from the edge of the crow, stowing his now nearly empty flask. "So, is He under arrest or..." Raff rubs the back of his head, clearly unsure what to do after the moving speeches.

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,373 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker: Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.