Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


401 to 450 of 2,101 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan prepares to remount and nods. Agreed. I am new to the forests and rely on all of your judgement.


As Andrej advances into the treeline something moves around 50ft away, you catch a glimpse of striped fur on a powerfully muscled back. The animal is wiry and stands at around three foot tall and five feet long. It seems to be circling your camp at a distance, stalking your horses, though it is keeping its distance now it has been noticed.

As you look towards it Andrej its eyes lock with yours...

Roll initiative

Creature 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
When Doms turn comes he will use his misfortune hex.

Hex:
Misfortune: The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result. A Will save negates this hex. At 8th level and 16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. This hex affects all rolls the target must make while it lasts. Whether or not the save is successful, a creature cannot be the target of this hex again for 1 day.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Confused by Andrej's actions Egan asks I thought we were not going to go after the beast?

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

If I'm following correctly, Andrej stepped into the edge of the woods and saw it. I don't think the rest of us have yet.

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

I wasn't moving anywhere special apart from the same direction we were all travelling in... which may have included tree line, not sure if it came off any other way there but I wasn't hunting it solo... we just got lucky

Initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Initiative order, surprise round...

Creature
Andrej

The beast locks eyes with Andrej for a second, before turning its back and dashing for cover.

Stealth check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The creature slips out of Andrej's vision 70ft into the forest.

You have an idea where it is but you will need to make a perception check to attack it Andrej

After Andrej the order is,

Serjei
Domitian
Egan
Creature
Andrej
Silva


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Perception

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Irrespective of having a clear shot at the beast or not, Andrej snaps a bow shot its way shouting, There!

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
1d8 ⇒ 1

Confirmation
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
1d8 ⇒ 3


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

okay - I haven't gotten 3 20's in a row for a looooong time and a really crappy run of luck before hand


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Sergei closes up behind Andrej, drawing his bow and peering where he'd shot.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

If he sees anything, he'll fire.
Short Bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

If not, he'll move closer, bow ready to fire if he catches sight of it.

I'm sure there are range penalties on that. Andrej shouting and shooting might count as Aid Another on the perception check.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Dom has stated what he would do, IF he could see the enemy. Not sure he will go traipsing into the woods after the predator though.

Egan attempts to fast mount and, holding his crossbow, single moves as far as he can towards Andrej.

Fast Mount: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Since he did not succeed in his attempt that is all he can do.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Not sure how far I am away, but I would guess within 90 feet (since I was close to the horses he was stalking). If I see him, I will Rapid Shot my bow.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8

If he comes out to attack, I won't need perception.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Add+1 to hit and dmg if he comes within 30'

Add+2 more to hit and +1 more to dmg if it is evil


Andrej snaps off a shot which he sees catch the predator in the shoulder and drive deep, following his line of fire Sergei and Silva look for shots but see only the bushes that the beast disappeared into and carry on searching for movement.

Range penalties on perception checks as well unfortunately, Andrej has hot dice though

Sparky waits patiently as Egan struggles onto his back, eager to join in the hunt.

Domitian's Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Searching the woodland for a target at this range the bushes obscure the beast even to Domitian's elven eyes.

I'm going to assume that everyone who didn't have a target is readying an action, so you can all take one action as...

Bursting from the bush the creature turns tail and flees, it quickly disappears into the trees but you can still hear the noise of its movement.

Easy to follow if you move quuckly, due to the distances involved and the forest you need to move and fire but it will have cover.

Grand Lodge

Andrej sets off in pursuit.


Sergei's snap shot catches the beast in its haunch as it turns to flee..

We got a bit out of order there but readying your actions until it moved was the wisest course of action. Silva acts after the creature so needs to adjust his action, please try to stick to initiative order if we can. Just waiting for Domitian to decide what he wants to do before Silva acts and the next round comes up.

Initiative order, round 2...

Sergei
Domitian
Egan
Andrej
Creature
Silva


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Sorry about posting out of initiative. We have been posting slow and I figured by adding mine then that you could use it when my time came. Upon seeing him run, my rapid shot would have gone off without the perception check. If this is not right, please let me know. I will wait and post in turn next time.


Silva Pasrati wrote:
Sorry about posting out of initiative. We have been posting slow and I figured by adding mine then that you could use it when my time came. Upon seeing him run, my rapid shot would have gone off without the perception check. If this is not right, please let me know. I will wait and post in turn next time.

When your initiative comes around he is 150 foot away through the forest and behind trees and bushes, you also cannot take a full attack action with your bow since you need to draw it before you fire, so rapid shot is out unfortunately. I would suggest moving after the creature to get a clear shot (if it gets past 250 feet away its gone) and firing a single shot as you can draw your bow as part of the move action.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

I'll protect the horses and ready an action to attack if I see it.

Silva has no desire to follow it. It is just a hungry animal.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

I will again try to spot the animal and hex it with misfortune. Dom moves quickly to try an re-locate the animal.
Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 This is sad lol


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Hmm. Things seem to be out of order again. Sivla, who is last, and just stated he would wait to post his turn in order, posted first. lol. Sergei was listed as being first, but since Dom has gone, and I am after Dom I will post.

Giving free reign to the riding dog Egan commands Get him Sparky! and takes off after the wounded beast. At the end of the double move he will take a shot if he can see the quarry and ready if he can not.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Perception for Sparky: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Maybe we ran the wrong way. :)


Silva acted correctly, Sergei is up for action, Domitians action is invalid. See discussion thread for details.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Sergei will give chase, moving and firing if he has a shot.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Short bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Yeah with no map theres no way I could tell and with work and class I couldn't check fast enough. Have I been skipped? I will delay as I'm obviously not going to move to it by myself.


Sergei advances through the bush, catching sight of the creature through the trees. His arrow fired on the jog narrowly misses the creature, its momentum robbed by the foliage.

Domitian is up, at the moment Andrej and Sergei are 60ft from camp, the creature is 150ft from camp, everyone else is still in the camp but Domitian can move out further with his last action should he desire since he got skipped last round.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom will stick to Silva's side. Dealaykng to move and stay with him. Don't want to get jumped by somtlething we dont see. Dom stands ready at the paladins side. He signals for Ronyo to stay close.

Grand Lodge

As Egan and I have posted earlier...

Andrej moves towards the beast (30move and closes the range to 60 but the thing gets + 4 AC due to cover), and he snaps off another shot.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

1d8 ⇒ 6


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Sorry but I have no idea whose turn it is, and could not understand why Silva was up to go before everyone when he was last. I am after Dom and Dom just went, but was my previous post still valid or is that being used now? And I do not even know who Helaman is. We do need a better system for combat but I do not have one to suggest.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

ooops. Helaman = Andrej


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4
Egan 'Little Fire' Thermogauge wrote:
Sorry but I have no idea whose turn it is, and could not understand why Silva was up to go before everyone when he was last. I am after Dom and Dom just went, but was my previous post still valid or is that being used now? And I do not even know who Helaman is. We do need a better system for combat but I do not have one to suggest.

The first post was null and void so the second post was my action from the first round. We are now in the second round waiting for the creature to act then it will be my turn again (second turn at the end of the second round).


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Somehow I missed that entire post in the discussion side. I never saw that a new post had been added.


Sparky bounds forward through the foliage and quickly closes the gap behind Andrej and Sergei...

Egan moves up to 70ft away from the creature, you need to draw a weapon to attack or make a concentration check to cast Egan but its now your turn. Andrej's action will go off after Egan then the creature goes and Silva ends the round. Sorry about the confusion with the actions, we all need to be on the same page when it comes to initiative, i don't mind people posting out of turn like Andrej has done just now since i can delay responding to the post but if its causing issues we will have to post in initiative order.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Unless there is a need to have both hands free to ride, Egan has been holding his crossbow since Sparky first alerted. I am not sure if he just did a single or double move but I believe he can shoot either way. Is that right?

Pulling up the loaded crossbow, Egan fires at the beast.

Crossbow shot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 ⇒ 4


Egan snaps off a shot as Sparky bounds into the woodland, narrowly missing the beast as it moves through a thick stand of trees. Andrej's shot goes wild as he rushes to keep up with the nimble Sergei...

Without looking back the beast accellerates into the woodland...

Run x4 move 120ft, leaving Andrej and Sergei 180ft away, Egan 190ft away and 270ft from the camp leaving Silva and Domitian out of the fight.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"Well, mighty hunters we are not. We'll never catch that on foot. We could try to track it down, I suppose, but I doubt it'll return to bother us."

If Andrej or Egan want to continue another round or two, Sergei will stick with him, otherwise he'll return to the camp and the others.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej slows and then stops...

I'd say its gone. I just worry that it will have festering wounds from our arrows and go mad with pain and illness before it dies badly


Anza "Looked like a Thylacine, and a big one at that. I doubt the scratches you cause will be fatal to it, they are quite hardy. It was after a horse most likely, though i guess it would go for Sparky or Ronyo given the opportunity."


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan reigns in, stopping with the rest of the group and addresses Anza?. A what? What in blazes is a Thylacine? I figured it to be a big cat, but I gotta admit I never had a good view of the thing.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Anza should we camp here or carry on?


Anza "A Thylacine is similar to a wild dog or big cat but is neither, they bring up their young in pouches on their bodies. Normally they don't hunt near humans but if they are hungery they sometimes raid farms or attack travellers, it must have been a lean winter for that one."

Turning to Silva and considering his question, "I don't think she will come back now she's been wounded, but we should take a walk around the nearby area to make sure nothing else surprises us."


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom follows Annza and Silva surveying the area as he goes.
Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Anza "Looks safe and sound, lets bed down and keep watch. We can explore tomorrow, up at dawn..."


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva prepares his pallet to sleep and then works on a fire. After he gets the fire burning, he calls out to his companions. Gentlemen warm yourselves by the fire. Erastil has given us another full day of mercy. If we are to survive in the wilderness, we must learn to trust one another. We must learn to work together.

Silva stirs the fire with a stick. So what do each of you bring to this quest? I am an archer and a hunter.

Silva looks around at each of his companions looking forward to conversation after a long day of travel.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

I am whatever my Lord wished me to be... I am trained in the Aldori ways because my Lord wished to honour my father who died in his service. I am something of a bodyguard and a hunter. Both roles I have taken as needed... and now, I am not needed. So I am here.

Andrej sits calmly and talks matter of factly with no rancor or bitterness as he talks, and instead of facing the fire, like some of the others, he faces outward, sitting with his back to the flames.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva leans over and pats the man on his back. You are needed here my friend. Maybe you can honour your father's memory in the Stolen Lands.

Silva leans over and pets Ronyo. How about the rest of you?


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

I am a Gnome. Your god is not my god. I follow Brigh and the way of fire. I can heal, but the fire calls to me and I can also burn. Brigh has also blesses me with the ability to see through smoke and fog, so if we are beset by missile fire I will summon a fog to thwart our enemies while being able to fire myself without penalty. Egan shift uncomfortably. Since you have decided to hang bandits, I find you somewhat judgemental and hope you will forgive me if I do not reveal all of my past. suffice it to say that I am hear to find my fortune and to learn more of the fey in the stolen lands as they are my cousins. He looks into Silva's eyes and adds The boundary between this world and theirs is said to be thin here. There may be gateways...


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

I know Old Dead Eye is not the only god and that is why I asked you about Brigh at the outpost. Since you did not respond, I have not pushed for knowledge. It takes time for a man to trust another man. Hopefully in time, I will prove my loyalty. Your past is your own, but unless we find common ground we are doomed here in the wilderness. Erastil works through animals and Fey. Maybe we too can work together. I would oath to aide you in your quest to find your cousins.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Well, I've been a scout up north and I've had some experience dealing with bandits. I can get in and out of most places quiet-like and talk my way out of the rest. I'm not as good in a stand up fight as I'd like to be, but that'll change with more practice.
Like Egan, I'd like to leave the past in the past. My choices, good and bad have led me here. Judge me by what I do now.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Well said Sergei. We would all do good to live in the present. My past is not perfect either. I appreciate your truthfulness. Our ability to communicate and work as a team will make or break us.

401 to 450 of 2,101 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.