Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


351 to 400 of 2,101 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej doesn't stop Egan putting up the marker but does comment, That marker hurts more than helps... if bandit scouts come back they'll know thier friends are dead rather than run off to some far away cathouse with their loot.

As the others reflect on their next course of action, I'm for exploring hereabouts and then hitting any bandit camp... if we need to retreat, it helps to know where is safe.


Anza "Well i'm going to get a horse ready for tomorrow and get an early night, i'll pick up some parchment and ink to map the area as well. We can head south at first light and spend a day mapping the first bit of forest and decide where to go from there." With that Anza departs to the stables.

Not much activity today, you might want to get a shopping list together so you can start exploring tomorrow. Oleg will buy and sell at standard prices.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Does anyone want to keep up with treasure and gold? If not, I will. I am ready to get rolling. I just want to give everyone time to post.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan nods at Anza's sound advise. Oleg, We will be needing cold weather gear, camping gear, trail rations, and whatever else you might think we need. We can pay with the few coin we have and the gear from the bandits.He pauses for a moment and considers his mount. And if its possible I would love it if you could find someone to fashion some barding for Sparky. Maybe I could put in an order for it?

After discussing what equipment we might need to purchase Egan turns in too. He dreams of fires and dead men in the snow.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

I have nineteen gold coins left Dom calls to Egan. There are some minor personal items I want but the rest can be put to the group. A pipe and tobbaco Oleg. When you get a chance.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej silently helps Oleg gather, sort and move supplies.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

You are generous Dom. Egan observes. I have only 2 coins to give. But I will also not claim a horse, so I hope my debt will not be too great.

A look of concern crosses his features. Has anyone seen Alagor since he went to scout the wood line? He should be back by now. I hope no misfortune has befalling my new friend.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

I have not. Perhaps he has decided to walk another path.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Sad but I fear true.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva wakes up from a good night of rest in the stables and heads to help Svelanta with breakfast. Good morning Svelanta. May I help?

He washes his hands and prepares to help.


Anza Waliing into the main house to round up the missing adventurers Amza scowls at Silva, "What do you think your doing, its time to leave. You should have got up early if you eanted breakfast, Svetlana and I ate hours ago. Wake your comrades." With that she marches back out the door and begins to saddle her horse.

Svetlana With a coy look to Silva, "Could you do me a favour while your out there? About 12 miles south in the forest theres a spot that Moon Radishes grow, they're Olegs favourite for soup and i'd love to treat him for our anniversary. I'll find a suitable reward if you can get me a basket full."

Radishes are an aphrodesiac


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

The gnome is up early and industrious, packing supplies and tightening straps and counting things. He asks Oleg one last time about barding for Sparkey. I know its an unusual request but if anything could be managed I'd appreciate it.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej prepares his kit without comment, taking whatever food is offered without complaint.

I am ready... it will be good to be on the trail again. You wish me to trail blaze as before?


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Domitian wakes long before sunrise in a dower mood. A fitful night of dark dreams again holds the feeling of rest at bay. He now sits on his horse a ways outside the gate, Ronyo resting in the snow beside him.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

At Anza's words, Silva looks to Svelanta with a smile and rolls his eyes. When they are alone, he replies to Svelanta,

We will surely search for these radishes for you. They would be a perfect gift for Oleg

At that he smiles at Svelanta again and then turns to leave.

He then heads back to the stables to finish packing and to meet up with the rest of his friends.

I wonder what the days ahead will hold. Erastil...bless our travels. Guide us in your will.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

I forgot. I'm going to use up both of my cure spells on myself unless someone needs one.

Cure light wounds:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I didnt need the second one.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Sergei sleeps in, taking advantage of the luxury of a safe bed while he has it, but his bags are packed and he's ready to leave a few minutes after rising. With a smile and a quick thanks to Svetlana he grabs something hot that can be eaten in the saddle.

"Off to the woods we go."


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva mounts his horse and rides up next to Dom. Morning friend. It looks like you had trouble sleeping last night. When we hit the forest, stay close to me. It can be dangerous out here. Silva looks down at the odd colored fox. No offence friend, but it looks like your fox could use some extra rest as well. Maybe we can find some herbs in the wilderness to fix what ails him.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej sets out on one of the Bandit horses, having none of his own and leads the way north.

(Survival take 10 = 15)


Anza checks over your mounts and your personal gear to check is distribution for travel, making the odd adjustment to a strap or pin here and there, "You have three days off the road and you all forget how to pack..."

Survival check to increase party movement speed 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Failed due to large creature modifiers, no fast movement today.

Once she is happy with your packs, "...bloody guide...not a stable hand...bloody horses..." she will ride off ahead as you head south to the dense forests about half a days travel away. Coming back to you every half hour to guide you around patches of soft ground as the spring thaws turn the greenbelt into a mud bath. "We will arrive at the forest some time after noon and break for food, then we can make a plan for exploring." Anza informs the group at the first break huddled behind the horses avoiding the wind and hoping for the sun to raise higher and hotter in the sky.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Gentlemen, Svelanta would like for us to pick up some moon radishes for her. Please keep a look out for them in the forest.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej gives a nod and then consults the position of the sun and moves to lead the party in that direction.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Happy to be moving Egan and Sparky keep up with the group with Sparky bounding around the party smelling all the horses and enjoying the trail. Every once in a while Sparky picks up a scent of some small animal and wants to go chasing after it, but is obedient to his master. I am afraid I could ride right over them and not know it Silva. What does a moon radish look like? How does it differ from a non-moon radish?


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

As the party sets off Dom continues to keep pace with Silva. Actual rest continues to elude me I'm afraid he says in response to Silva's question. I dream dark dreams... dreams of drowning in a black fog. Sometimes it's tentacles taking hold and dragging me into its fold. Others it's just me wandering in it, choking and struggling to move or breath. Dom visibly shudders and turns to look away from Silva his long black hair whipping in the wind.

As for Ronyo, he is a strange creature. Often he acts like a normal fox but then it's like he has almost human qualities. It's mostly in his eyes. It scares me to be honest. I could not make him go away if I tried. As far as his appearance, well... Dom again trails off unsure of how to continue.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Anza...you would probably be able to describe the radishes to Egan better than I could

No knowledge nature here :( Does Dom have knowledge nature?

Continuing his conversation with Dom:

Maybe just being in the forest is all Ronyo needs. Cities do weird things to animals. Maybe Old Dead Eye will give you rest here as well!


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Knowledge (Nature):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
What am I trying to figure out?


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4
Domitian wrote:

Knowledge (Nature):1d20+7

What am I trying to figure out?

Explaining moon radishes to Egan


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan takes his place in the file where Anza recommends and tries to be helpful, casting Guidance when it is helpful for survival and other checks.


As you set up to cook lunch Anza heads out for an hour to scout a camp site, she returns and sits down to eat before getting everyone to pack up and move to a spot inside the woodland in the lea of some trees.

"It will take us about 2 days to fully explore this area, its approximately 36 square miles so we need to do some back and forth to pick up trails and rivers. We can map it out while we look for the radish patch Svetlana mentioned, this area is relatively quiet but keep an eye out. Shambling Mounds and other monsters are not unheard of around this forest, even trolls have been spotted this far north."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

In case of trolls? Run.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Agreed. The best we could accomplish is to tickle it before it smears our innards around the forest.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan looks like he is about to argue, but nods agreement. I am a Fire Oracle. Someday Trolls will fear me. I may be known as Egan Troll Bane. But I am not yet ready for that challenge. Looking resigned but disappointed he goes back to eating.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva listens to his companions silently enjoying the break from travel. I wonder if the lady running the bandit camp will repent and change her lifestyle. Erastil, I will do everything I can to see her converted. Give me favor in these lands.


As Silva stands at the edge of the camp securing the horses while listening to his companions chatter he has issues getting the horses to settle and take their feed bags. Putting it down to a lack of mounted experience he carrys on as nirmal shushing them and talking soothingly as they shuffle sidewise.

Failed perception and unskilled handle animal, high cha but not much practical experience.

Egan notices the Sparky, never far from his side, is on the northern edge of the camp with his hackles raised. Sparky issues a low warning growl, "Grrrr... and the under growth nearby sways with movement.

I'm surprised more partys don't have dogs, even Domitian has trouble spotting things in a forest but scent kicks ass.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Not a lot of animal handling puts a damper on that

At the dogs growl, Andrej drops to one knee and strings his bow with a grunt of effort.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva work diligently to control the horses. He will take his standard action when possible to make sure they are secured before reacting to the sound (if possible).

Woah fellas. It's ok. Calm down. I've got ya. Egan...Sparky senses something. Prepare yourselves.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan backs away from the unseen threat and readies his crossbow. Commanding Sparky to his side he alerts the others. Sparky Heel. Un guys, something is there in the undergrowth. he calls quietly.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom gives Ronyo an irritated glance when he sees him sleeping on the job. He then throws back his hood and empties his hands, turning to face the possible threat.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Sergei stands, drawing his rapier and a throwing knife, waiting for a clear glimpse of whatever is in the bushes.


The rustling in the bushes moves away from the camp before stopping abruptly, it would seem whatever was unsettling the horses has withdrawn. For now.

You have the options of ignoring or tracking the "thing", you can make knowledge rolls if you have em.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Once it appears safe, Silva goes over to inspect the paw print to try and recognize it.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


There are indistict prints in the rain softened dirt of the forest floor, broken by the dense roots of bushes and trees. You do not know the nature of the beast but it is approximately the size of a large dog, such as Sparky, but lighter in build.

Silva is not confident he could track it very far through the forest, however you can tell it moved away to the south and deeper into the forest.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva looks to Egan. Can Sparky track? I may be able to follow the beast with him helping. I am not sure it is worth it though. I figure it was frightened by our numbers. We need to be careful not to leave any stragglers while traveling.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Aye, Sparky can track. From the reaction of the horses it was a predator. I say we see if we can find it, especially if we need to explore in that direction anyway. Egan looks to their guide. Anza?


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej readies his bow and nocks an arrow.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"Is there really any need? This is a forest. There are predators. We should keep an eye out while we explore, but I don't think we need to track down every predator we come across."


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

I'm inclined to agree with Sergei. Dkm the prods Ronyo with his foot. Pay attention, I know you understand me. Stop being lazy. with that he moves back over to his gear.


Anza Replying to Egan, "I would agree with Sergei, it could be any of a number of things and chasing down everything would be very time consuming. We should just keep a sound watch tonight."


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

At Anza's words, Silva returns to his daily tasks ready to move on or camp depending on the time of day.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Well and good but If this happens as we set up camp instead of being on the move, I think at least investigating to just beyond the reach of the tree line from our camp so we don't have any surprises is best

That said, arrow sitting on the string, Andrej stalks forwards in the direction the group is moving in, scanning as he goes.

(Perception)
20 + 1 = 21

351 to 400 of 2,101 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.