Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


251 to 300 of 2,101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom lays in his pooling blood, which is now running through the slats and into the dirt below. Constitution to Wake:1d20 ⇒ 1 Fail. -1 HP lol Dom dreams of being swallowed by a black, tentacled fog.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej will double move to the ladder and thence over the wall... not sure where that puts me however.


It puts you prone in the snow at the base of the wall.

The bandit leader scrambles to his feet and begins to run from the trading post.

Provokes an AoO from Sergei.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

AoO: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

As the bandit leader struggles to his feet, Sergei is waiting.


The bandit leader runs to the south from the trading post, limping slightly from his injuries.

He finishes 30ft from Sergei and Andrej and 70ft from the gate.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

The bandit had his turn so it's mine again right? He still have the frighten status until it's his turn right?

Phiona armed herself with the longbow she borrowed, and aim it at the bandit leader as he's running for his life.

To Hit: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (19) - 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Yes, we're back around again.

Phiona's arrow glances off the bandit leaders chain shirt, causing him to stumble slightly as he runs.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Totally missed that I had a potential crit on the AoO

Confirm crit: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Not that it mattered.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Con check to wake up1d20 ⇒ 9 Fail -1 HP


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

Putting his huge sword back in it's sheath, Alagor pushes the heavy bar with all his might, letting it fall to the ground the moment it was outside of it's holders. Then with a mighty heave he pushes the gate to swing open.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

With the door open Egan rides Double move for a total of 80' towards the bandit leader.

If it was a full round action to move the bar then Egan first opens the gate and then rides 40'.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Andrej still goes first, but I'm not sure when I'll get another chance...
I don't see a way to flank, since Andrej will have to charge to catch him.

Sergei follows behind the fleeing bandit, closing in from the left side as catches up.
Rapier: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class
DM_Ego wrote:

It puts you prone in the snow at the base of the wall.

The bandit leader scrambles to his feet and begins to run from the trading post.

Provokes an AoO from Sergei.

You said I was prone in the snow but I have acrobatics... do I get a roll there either to land feet first or to flip myself from the prone to standing? That said, talk is now that I can charge the Bandit, so I am assuming I am on my feet and able to charge?


The bandit leader throws off the spells effects and turns wild eyed and bleeding as he becomes surrounded. He draws his longsword from its sheath and holds it above his head...

"I surrender! I'm unarmed!" He shouts as he throws his weapon to the ground a few feet away.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

Would sense motive, but I don't think it matters as he genuinely seem wanting to surrender

Phiona lowers her bow and starts climbing down the ladder and moved towards the gate.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan will retrieve the sword. Looking over the bandit leader, Egan will also ask the man to drop any dagger, etc. he might have visible.

In the name of the Swordlords of Restov we accept your surrender. Kneel and place your hands behind your head. . Sparky stays in control buy growls a warning to the man.


Bandit Leader "Alright, easy, easy. I have some flasks in my pocket..." He pulls two flasks out of his cloak pockets and slowly lowers them to the ground, then he slowly sinks to hsi knees and holds up his arm with a resigned look.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Con to wake1d20 ⇒ 1


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Once Egan knows the prisoner is secured he will ride back to where Don had fallen and work on getting a ladder up to him. He will then use his last first level spell to cure some of his wounds.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

That's it for me today boys and girls. he announces, all out of spells. As if to emphasize this he pulls out his crossbow and standing on his tip toes he looks over the wall.

Edit - Oh well, at least this will allow you to cure yourself now Dom.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

After healing Dom, Egan will see if any of the other bandits are still alive. Alagor, Andrej, can you secure that one? indicating the leader and offering a rope. I would frisk him well before the tying him up.

Sergie, can you and Phiona see to the possessions of the down bandits and to any horses? Lets get the living bandits roused and talking. I have some questions.

Doing something. :)


The two bandits Alagor hit have bled to death from their greivous wounds, as has the one dropped by Andrej/Serjei. The one Egan burned is not dead but definately heavily injured, the bandit leader is injured and the one who slept through the fight is unharmed.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

I see nothing in the rules that state otherwise so... Healing Hex on self:1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Dom wakes up, pulls the arrow from his chest while healing himself. Angrily he looks around and throws the arrow at his companions. He then turns and goes inside to clear his mind.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Er, did you even see the post 3 above where I healed you?


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

Agreeing to Egan's plan, Phiona went over to the sleeping bandit, and when she's about to tied him up, she realise this sort of job is better done to someone that knows how to tie a knot.

She asked both Sergei and Alagor for their assistance in tying up the still bandit that are unconscious.


Bandit Leader "So now you've got us what are you going to do with us?" Looking around nervously.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom moves to the nearest window to watch the interaction from a safe distance.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Can I assume we have all three prisoner secured and inside one of the buildings? Dom, we will need your healing hex for the one that Egan burned in order to question him. Makes sense to question them independently, or at least not to question the troops in front of the leader.

Looking at the others Egan speaks first. By all rights we should hang you. And our charter seems to direct us to do so. But hanging is a messy business. Tell us why we should not.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Definitely question them separately. In fact, they shouldn't be allowed to talk to each other at all. Tell them each the others have talked and we're just confirming. Start with the leader, he'll likely know the most.
We should discuss what we want to know first.
Who's their leader? How many men? Where are they based?
What else?
Alagor can be Intimidating, I'm not sure who else. I've got a decent Sense Motive, so I'll be watching him.

Assuming we've secured & healed the prisoners and are beginning the questioning.
Sergei leans against a wall, watching the leader intensely.

Otherwise, he'll work on confining them. One in the stables, one in the shed and one in the bunkroom. We'll have to keep them bound for now.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan is +9 Diplomacy AND Intimidate against Bandits. >:)


Bandit leader "Charter? Who do you think you are? I have what I hold, of course you have it now but I'll get it back!"


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class
Sergei Malov wrote:

Definitely question them separately. In fact, they shouldn't be allowed to talk to each other at all. Tell them each the others have talked and we're just confirming. Start with the leader, he'll likely know the most.

We should discuss what we want to know first.
Who's their leader? How many men? Where are they based?
What else?
Alagor can be Intimidating, I'm not sure who else. I've got a decent Sense Motive, so I'll be watching him.

Assuming we've secured & healed the prisoners and are beginning the questioning.
Sergei leans against a wall, watching the leader intensely.

Otherwise, he'll work on confining them. One in the stables, one in the shed and one in the bunkroom. We'll have to keep them bound for now.

Andrej assists in the confining and during any interrogation aids another in Intimidation checks by slowly making a noose etc in the background and glaring at the bandit(s).


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan tries to look impressed with the leaders statement. He pauses, reassessing the man. I am Egan. Might I have your name?

I will assume that he is willing to give a name he will use, if not his real name.

Egan will address the leader by his name and add and we have what we hold as well. We will hold much of this land, and currently we hold you. Know that if you get anything back, it will be with our leave. Still, you fought well. And you lead your men well. There might be a place for you if you would lay aside banditry and stand with us. Will you freely work for a fair wage? Where are your loyalties?

Diplomacy, if needed: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 +2 if it is assisted.


Happs Bydon "My name is Happs, and banditry is a way to survive. I know much that you could use, but i don't fancy the rope." Happs says nodding to Andrej in the corner.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"Then talk and talk well, Happs. Prove your value and you won't swing."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej spits sideways as he continues to work the rope and glare at the bandit.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

The rope is for stupid bandits, Happs. I am hoping you will turn out to be a bright ex-bandit. I'd like nothing better to disappoint Andrej over there. But you have to help me. What can you tell us about bandit activity in the area and specifically about the camp you came from?

Diplomacy if needed: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19 +2 if assisted.


Happs "Well i don't know everything but i can tell you where the main camp in the north is, theres another camp further south but i haven't been." He keeps his eyes fixed on Andrej, licking his lips nervously. "I'm a little worried here, why don't you ask me some questions and i'll tell you what i know. If i sit here and spill out my life story you won't need the rope and you'll have loads of useless knowledge."

Serjei, when you frisked him down you found a lock knife (small size dagger) in his boot and a silver amulet which vaguely resembles a stags skull with horns.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej lays his rope to one side but keeps his distance, allowing the others to ask questions.

I've a few of my own but want to give you guys a stab first but to my mind the big ones are how many are there of you?, who is the leader?, what makes them so powerful? whats the camp like in terms of its set up but there is others that aren't so obvious like 'where are the monsters at that you guys avoid'


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom begins searching for Svetlana. When he finds her he approaches and asks Madame, are these the bandits who have always come to rob you? Also do you have any maps of this region we can have?


Svetlana "Yes those are the bandits, I don't have any maps but i'm sure Anza can help you if you need one. What are you going to do with them?"


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

I'm gonna do my best to see 'em hang, after we have them indicate all of their camps and resources on the map.


Sitting in the main house with Oleg and Svetlana now the fighting is over Domitian is offer a brandy after his wounding...

Svetlana "Oh, thats gruesome! I'd rather not see them hang, it sounds a terrible thing to do to a person. Such a waste."

Oleg "Bah, your soft woman. Vermin need to be killed!"

The conversation will deteriorate into a mild arguement about merciful or stern punishments unless Domitian gets involved.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Domitian takes the offered brandy drinking it heartily. He blocks out the deteriorating conversation staring at the hole and blood left in his clothing. Taking another swig he determinedly walks out the door to try and rally support for a proper hanging.

Grand Lodge

Now that is a cool turn of phrase!!


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Quickly changing his mind Domitian begins to search for Anza. When he finds her he approaches and ask Anza, Do you have a map of the region or can you quickly draw one up?


Anza "I can draw you a quick map of the area, but I don't know the area well enough to put in a lot of detail."

There is a map on the campaign page of the area that you are currently exploring with Olegs Trading Post Marked on it. The bandit leader has offered to unveil the Bandit Camp, I'll update the map once someone asks him.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"It's nice to see you can be cooperative, when you're not busy terrifying merchants. So, while we're waiting for the map - Who's running the show? Is the big boss at the main northern camp you mentioned or down south? How many men are at each camp? That'll do for a start.

Oh, we'll also need a good description of the northern camp. Layout, defenses, anything else that might be useful."


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

While Dom waits for Anza he begins casting a minor spell. Mending The holes in his clothes neatly thread themselves closed. His spell complete he readjusts his garments to cover the blood on them.
When Anza completes the map he takes it thanking her. Quickly he husltes over to the group. Alright friend mark it all on the map.


Happs "The boss is some kind of man beast, he runs all the bandits around here and has a killing fury that scares everyone who meets him. Kressle runs the northern camp, with about 20 bandits. We're one patrol, theres normally between 8 and 12 bandits at the Thorn River Camp."[/b/]

As Domitian enters with the map Happs winces, [b]"Sorry, that must hurt. But you cast spells at us before i shot you, the risks of the job..." Reaching up with his bound hands for the map, "May I?"

I'll post an updated campaign map on the front page when i get up, I need to think of how to describe the Thorn River Camp without just giving you the map as well. I don't think anyone could provide a perfect picture of it verbally and his map drawing skills are basically non existant, even with his directions you will probably need Anza to lead you to the camp.


Happs "The bandit camp is near the Thorn River, theres a merchants trail near a natural ford. On the trail theres a wagon with a broken wheel, we used that as a decoy so people would get off their wagons, less shooting and death that way." Happs winces again as he speaks about his life of banditry, "To the west about 40ft through some thick undergrowth is the camp, there are raised platforms in the trees to the north and south of the camp, theres a fire pit and a few lean too's for the stash and a few tents while its cold."

Sergei you cannot tell weather his wince about his life of banditry is because he is sorry about it or just sorry about talking about it in front of you all.

"Kressle is a piece of work, she fights with axes and she's a killer. I'd rather follow the Freedoms but she just takes and kills, its only because they're a golden goose that she didn't kill these two traders. If you have to fight her good luck."

Sergei, he seemed to take a little pleasure in delivering that dire warning. I've updated the campaign page area map with the location of the Thorn River Camp, I've not posted the map of the camp just yet since I don't want to give you too much detail for you to plan your attack however Sergei thinks Happs has described it honestly and to the best of his ability.

251 to 300 of 2,101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.