Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


151 to 200 of 2,101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Svetlana Visibly shuddering at the thought of the mysterious bandit woman she replies to Sergei, "She was in charge, the told Oleg she would shorten his reach if he didn't do as he was told, nearly took off his finger with an axe. Then when I tried to keep my wedding ring she said that they would take me back to camp..." with that she bursts into tears and sits down heavily on a chair, sobbing gently.

While she must have been putting on a brave face the last few months and then reliving the nightmares today have taken their toll on her.

The walls are 10 feet high, the towers are 20 feet.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

After a moment of deep thought, Phiona added,
"I agree with giving them a chance to surrender, but not until we manage to shut off the gates, to ensure no one escape. Also if Alagor are showing himself, it may unease them and cause them to think there might be more people. I'd suggest we all hide, and on the signal of the gate being shut, Alagor surprise and confront them to surrender, if they refuse... Like Egan said, I'll try to cause them to fall asleep, and hopefully they'll be more willing to surrender when they wake up and are all tied up."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Please... there is wisdom in Phil's words. We cannot stand out in the open or be obvious or they will immediately be on guard. We ALL must be out of sight.

Two people under wood or cloth or barrel near the gate, the others out of sight... give a signal and the gate is barred then we can ask for surrender. Don't frighten the prey.

I will go and hide our tracks.

He departs and goes about the business of hiding tracks.

survival +5 / Take 20


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"If you want them to surrender, a show of force is better than just one man. Cast your spell, show ourselves and then demand surrender.
Of course, then what do we do with them? They hang bandits back in Brevoy, don't they?
"

If they don't, strike that part. He'd know.

"So who's closing the gate on them? I didn't hear anyone volunteer to do it magically."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

I am off clearing tracks but I will... may need someone else with me to hid behind the gate under a tarp or firewood or whatever


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan looks a little confused at this talk of surrender. Our charter is clear. Bandits are to get sword or rope. No other option was mentioned. The little gnome looks quite serious and strangely dark for a moment. They should be put down. These men deserve no better.


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

Alagor is a bit taken aback with what he thought was sudden harshness and conviction in gnome's words. "I am not, and will not become the executioner. I will offer them a chance of surrender. I doubt that they will take it, but if that happens, then I will not be part of any hangings. If we are to hang them, why bother offering surrender at all, why just not slaughter them immediately?"

Shifting his weight, and picking with his left hand nervously at his locked glove, he continues: "But as I said, I do not think we need to bother with that now. If by any chance we get any prisoners, then we will discuss more.

As for what you are suggesting, for all of us to remain hidden, if you believe that is the best way, then OK, I agree to go with that. Please have in mind that I am not very good in sneaking so tell me where I need to be and what would you want me to do, and I'll do it"


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

"Sergei's right, we should cast spells before we confront them. Alagor you could hide in the shed, and only about 10 seconds or so from hearing the gate being shut off would you emerge, along with others? I suppose? I'm okaying at hiding, but with concealment it'll be easier to hide, I could shut off the gate along with Andrej."

Phiona discussed with the group then added,

"I'll also be able to get to better vantage point, but first I would like to know if here's a bow that I could borrow?"

Phiona heads toward the trade shed, then the back storage room if there isn't a bow and some arrows handy on the shed already.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej will spend about a number of hours clearing the tracks we made leading up to the fort for a few hundred feet or so


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Svetlana, when these bandits have come before, do they all come into the trading post compound, or do some wait outside? Can you walk us through what they have done before?

looking over the contents of the storage area, Egan pauses at the barrel half full of lamp oil. No, we do not want to burn the entire fort. he mumbles to himself and goes on. After looking over everything he asks Svetlana If we need to use these two potions while fighting the bandits is that ok? And finally he asks about the leather armor. Does anyone here have the leather working or armorer skills to modify this to fit Sparkey?


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

Turning to Phiona, Alagor replies: "Your proposal sounds good. I will hide inside the shed, and appear when needed"

Next, he goes with Andrej in order to try and help him clean the tracks as best as possible. Survival Take 20 - remove tracks

Finally returning to the fort, he will bluntly notify Egan that he has no crafting skills whatsoever, but he will agree and support Andrej regarding his idea to place/push the wagon near the gate, with maybe someone even hiding near, behind or bellow the wagon.

Positioning at R10 (or Q10, if better) behind the door which are left slightly ajar


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

I ail go along with whatever the warfighters decide. I can only cast two useful spells a day. Lets make them count. I can use sleep as suggested but need mage armor or lest I make an easy target.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Maybe I should be in in the shed with Alagor. Egan comments, but does not look happy about it. I wouldn't mind being up on the wall with the ladders drawn up but with my mounted mobility and healing I might serve the group better on the ground. Thoughts?


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

"Could I borrow this Longbow and a dozen arrows?"

Alreadly holding the longbow and a quiver containing 12 arrows Phiona asked Svetlana almost as if she'll lend them to her.


Svetlana "Feel free to use the longbow, and if you need the potions take them. Stopping those bandits will earn us far more in the trade goods we will keep than those two potions are worth."


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Thank you Svetlana. The gnome considers a bit, holding both potions, and then says Alagor, you hold this potion of Shield of Faith. It might be more useful at the bandit camp later than in this first fight. You will have to make that call, likely after you see if the sleep spells work well. Andrej, you take the potion of Cure Light Wounds. I think I'll be starting closer to Alagor and can heal him if he is wounded.

Egan looks over the group and adds If someone has a better idea for the potions please speak up. This seems a good way to go for now though.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Domitian, rather than call out a verbal warning when the bandits are spotted, what if we rig up a rope that can be pulled to let us know?


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

On his return Andrej settles in to discuss with the others about blocking one of the gates with a wagon and pushing it into place when the bandits enter.

Sorry chaps - long hours and broken computer does not a healthy post count make - will try to pick it up some


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

You could just watch me and I can silently signal by hand. Dom suggests.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

If we can leave the door to the shed open enough that will work. Alagor?


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andre nods in agreement to Egans suggestion.

Why make it a signal that will put them on guard? Perhaps something else they expect to see? Maybe smoke coming out of a chimney? Or a dog being released into the yard? The sound of furniture moving?


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

"Oleg fixing the stable?"

Phiona said jokingly, then added.

"I believe my sleep spell would come in handy, but I need a good vantage point to see the courtyard, the wall over here seems to be a pretty decent spot for me to hide and still view the yard."

Phiona points to the right hand side of the wall as she speaks.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"Let's not over complicate things. If they come openly, as we expect, we should have plenty of warning. You don't have to spend all day hiding in the shed. We'll take cover when Domitian spots them. Maybe I'll join him on the walls and jump down when they're in sight."

Can I Take 10 to jump down from the wall after we spot them? I think we plan to pull the ladders up.


After spending the afternoon planning Svetlana serves a fine meal to thank you for your efforts, even Oleg comes in from his work in the cold and graces you with a hopeful smile. The next day you spend preparing your plan and checking out locations around the trading post to hide away before getting an early night so you can set off your ambush on the bandits in the morning.

Oleg's Trading Post Pre Fight Map

If anyone doesn't like the place they are stood let me know, i tried to put everyone in a sensible place for what they said they were doing. Andrej/Serjei have a 5 foot step gate shut, Domi/Phi have a raised position to cast spells from, Alagor can see Domi out of the stable door and Egan is near enough to him to make a simple move/heal action if needed. If your happy with your position roll initiative please.

Edit: Sergei, you can climb down the ladder, you will spot them from about an hour away since they are coming in a group and are not using stealth.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom mans his position and stays put all morning keeping an eye out for the raiders. Ronyo by his side having been helped onto the battlements. Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Initiative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

I was going to man the battlements too. Help keep watch. But seeing how good a job Domitian is going, Sergei takes a nap instead.
IOW, not going to bother rolling perception.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej uses some sacking, wood and other debris to try to make something innocuous to hide behind or under so as to be concealed.

Stealth +7 after armour adj: (if take 20 is allowed in this unusual circumstances then I am taking 20, otherwise taking 10)


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Andrej, the gates open in, so until we close them we should both have total concealment. At least that's what I'm relying on.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Whew - I'll waiting then, sword in hand, behind the gate... then we jump out, shut the gates, push the wagon into position and join the fray.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan will inform the group that his likely first action will be to bless the party.


From over a mile away Domitian's keen eyes spot the six figures on horse back riding through the retreating snow and thick black mud towards the trading post. As the hour it takes them to slowly make their way to the gate passes nerves start to fray as everyone holds their breath and tries not to move.

Bandit Leader "Least 't gates open this time, must have learn'd yor lesson" He shouts as he dismounts outside the gate and draws a bow from his horse, the other bandits snigger as they also dismount and draw weapons.

Walking into the trading post itself some make for the storage shed while the rest spread out, after a second or so they look at each other...

"Where are..?"
"Tis quiet..."
"What the..?

Initiative order, surprise round.
Sergei
Phiona
Alagor
Egan
Andrej
Domitian

Oleg's Trading Post, Surprise Round


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Sergei pushes the gate to and puts his back to it, drawing his rapier and smiling at the bandits.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

Phiona moves out to see the group(5ft step), grabs some rose petals from her spell pouch, mumbled a few word to herself, and cast sleep.

She targets P17, and it has a 10ft radius, so the bandits at P15, O18 & Q18 have to do a Will DC14 save to negate.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej moves from his hiding place and does likewise, shutting the gate.


Phiona takes a standard action to begin casting sleep in the surprise round and then will take another standard action to complete the casting in the first round of combat. The bandits will make their saves when she finishes casting.


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

Brandishing his great sword in his right hand, holding copy of the charter in his left hand held up high, Alagor slowly steps forward. Looking the leader straight in the eyes, he exclaims:

"By the power invested in me by Sworlords of Restov, I order you to immediately drop all your weapons and surrender! You will have one, and only one chance to avoid death by sword or rope, and that is to surrender immediately, or by Gorum we will kill each and every one of you! You WILL surrender now!!!

Intimidate check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Now that? That was cool


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Definitely cool. I drop my weapons and surrender.


The bandits stand agape at their sudden change of fortunes, as the warrior with the greatsword bursts from the stables several of them start and begin to lower their weapons. Looking towards their leader they seem unsure of themselves...

Bandit Leader "Cowards! Get them! We'll take their coin as well..."

Wasn't sure how to handle that, so i've decided the normal bandits will be shaken for the first round of combat and they will all act last in the first proper round of combat as they overcome their fear under the instructions of the leader. The bandit leader cannot risk embarassment infront of his men and right now he thinks he has you outnumbered so i couldn't see him just folding without a fight no matter the awesomeness and surprise of Alagor's entrance.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

When my turn comes up Dom checks to make sure their are no more bandits outside the wall, then gestures a the closest member of the group (O 18and moving if necessary), cursing him with misfortune. Save vs my Misfortune Hex is 10+ 1/2 my lvl (0)+ Int mod (+3). A total of 13 for the Will Save DC.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan, in full armor and shield, mounted on the large war dog, 5 foot steps from the shed to stand beside Alagor. Brigh, great god of fire guide our weapons in just vengeance against these thieves and murderers. he intones.

A holy light briefly shines from each of our party as the blessings of Brigh settle upon us for this fight. Egan casts the spell Bless: +1 to hit and +1 to save against fear.

Sounds like you have decided how the intimidate will work, so I am not sure it would matter if Egan assisted, but he is plus 8 on Intimidate. So if assisting is not a standard action consider my words as casting my assist.

Intimidate Assist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Edit: Well, not a great roll, but still an assist. :)


Egan you cannot 5 foot step out of the building through the wall however if you are mounted the dog can move and you can still act if you succeed at a dc5 ride check, so your intimidate check can be your ride result then you can cast, however bless has a burst area so i need to know what square your in, your dog can move up to its full move.


Bandit Leader As Domitians hex reaches out to weaken him the bandit leader gathers his resolve and throws off the effect.

will save vs hex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

OK. With a roll of an 8 Egan makes the ride check. To know exactly where Egan moves I need to know where Alagor moved to. I intend to be right beside him but if he is still in the shed then put me in T13.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Rather than attacking, Andrej uses his time to get the bar in place and ensure the gates are shut.


Since the bandits are going last in the initiative order we can end the round with the gate barred, all of the bandits shaken other than the leader and Phiona halfway through a sleep spell. Same order.

As the bandits steel their resolve after the surprise of the ambush the bandit leader draws an arrow from his quiver, with confidence he announces, "The elf on the wall..."

151 to 200 of 2,101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.