Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


51 to 100 of 2,101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Yes Dom says quietly. getting lost in this wilderness can be quite unforgiving. What do the local trappers think is stirring up the bandit? Dom shifts uncomfortable in his chair. As if being in a conversation with the others has unsettled him.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

Phiona yawns and asked the innkeeper to lead her to her room or bed. She puts her gear next to the bed and kept her few coins underneath her pillow (if there's one).


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

All throughout the conversation, Alagor was unusually quiet. He accepted the food and the wine with a small nod, and using his previous knowledge in regards to conversations with strangers, he has chosen to try and keep himself "at the back". He did not have too much patience and tact in regards to strangers, and he thought of himself as efficient and up to the point. Others, he has been told, found him tactless, menacing, intimidating...and they used some other words which should never come up in lieu of establishing good communication.

So he ate his food, found the wine too sweet for his taste, but wisely kept the fact for himself and amused himself by studying the surrounding of the inn. Finally, seeing Phiona getting ready to leave, he interjects:

"So, we sleep here tonight and leave early in the morning, eh little one? 't would be good if we hurry up and leave with first Sun, so we don't waste much of the day, what say you?" - he asks eyeing his companions, but not talking to anyone specifically.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

This happens before I went to bed, and probably on the process of heading to bed.

"Yahhh... Mhmm, we should make our way to Oleg's as soon as possible, I would ask how long it'll take to get there from here, but I'm too tired."

Half-yawningly said by Phiona.


bartender "Bed down in the common room, it'll be warmer. Without the wife here to turn down the rooms they aren't ready for guests."


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

"I don't mind an untidy room."

Phiona blushed a little,

"Afterall I'm still a lady."


bartender In a slightly frustrated tone, "I will be sleeping in the common room myself milady, at this time of year if the rooms are not pre heated you many find that you will not be waking up." He finishes cheerfully with, "Consider it a practice run for sleeping in camp."


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

"Oh I can't, you're far too kind."

Despite refusing with word, Phiona's tone certainly doesn't.

"I'll sleep today and camp tomorrow."

With that she asked the innkeeper the direction to the room, and called it a day.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"You'll have to get used to it Phiona. Purely for practical reasons, of course.
I guess we should get an early start. I'm more used to late nights and even later mornings, but if we must...
"

He finds a corner, unrolls his blankets and lies restlessly awake until the others turn in.


inn keeper "You don't seem to understand miss, your currently sitting in your room, the beds around the outside are for sleeping on. The rooms upstairs are literally freezing, we don't use the second floor until part way through spring."


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

"Eh? Oh right. Hmm but there's bed... How about you join me on the bed upstair?"

Phiona pulls out a heatstone, and whack it against the floor. It begins to gives heat, but not fully yet.

"C'mon guys, we'll drink upstairs to warm ourself, and by the time we're done this little stone will keep us warm, promise!"

As Phiona walk towards the stairs, she turn back demanded,

"By the way, I would share half the bed, but unfortunately none of you are female, you could still sleep in your bedroll on the floor, the heat would be trapped better if we are all sleeping in a smaller room, than this well space common room."

Let me guess the bedroom would only fit like 1-2 people on the floor?


inn keeper "If you want to risk it feel free, I'll stay with the fire."

Floors are deceptive, if you want to stack and sleep really close together a two person tent sleeps 4. The bedroom could sleep 10 if you try.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

"We should be fine, you can join us too if you want."

Phiona offered the innkeeper.

think I should be fine, with the heatstone. But it does makes more sense to sleep in a smaller room, so heat would be trap more compactly rather than more spread out in a more open area.


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

Alagor can not help it not to shake his head absent-mindendly. Women...

He picks up his stuff and moves towards one of the sleeping places in the common room. Dropping his backpack, he takes of his boots and removes his bulkier clothes. Next he rummages through his backpack, until he finds a piece of whetstone. Unsheathing his greatsword, he starts sharpening it.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom too shakes his head. He then picks up his pack and fumbles with the buckles, removing his bed roll. Carefully he arranges it in an empty spot near the fire. He lays his weapons next to him and positions his pack for use as a pillow. He removes his boots and places them neatly next to his weapons for quick access to them. It seems we wont be getting anything productive done today. I must rest.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

I'd missed that there were beds. Sergio would have stretched out on one of them instead of the floor. He's also stripped off his armor, boots and laid some weapons close at hand for easy access.

"This room's larger, but it's already warm and has a fire as well as your stone, Lady. Of course, there are other ways of warming a bed."
He pauses just long enough."On the really cold night we used to sleep in piles. No one really cared if you were a man, a lady or a dog, no offense Sparky, as long as you were warm. But suit yourself."


Anza Getting up and moving towards a bed, "Well if you are heading south tomorrow i will walk with you, we can discuss your needs for a guide some more. Until then have peaceful sleep."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej just rolls out his sleeping mat... but he uses a small wedge under the door and positions some wood near the door so that anyone opening the door will make a clatter.


Inn Keeper "Do not worry about intruders young Swordlord," he addressed Andrej as he begins to secure the door, "I have a lock and bolt for the door." He settles himself on the bed nearest the counter and pulls a large club from underneath. "But in this weather any robbers will be more interested in the fire than any of us."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

I was trained to do so... it isn't a complaint Andrej offered by way of explanation.

His personal ritual done, he settled onto his bedroll but with the hilt of his sword in hand and closed his eyes for sleep.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan, make sure Sparky has plenty to eat before finishing his meal. Finally warm and full, he first makes a pallet for his dog and then rolls out his sleeping blankets near, but not intrudingly near, Anza and the fire. His strips off some outer clothes but is still modestly dressed in a footed gnome under garment that brings a laugh from some of his companions. What? I bet I sleep better than all of you. See you all at first light. And with that he lays down and pulls the covers up over his head. Sparky drags his bed closer to the gnome and, turning in a complete circle, lays half on this bed and half on the gnome's blankets, almost totally hiding the fact that the gnome is even there.


The long night passes with the wind howling around the shutters of the windows and hammering snow against the door as the blizzard picks up intensity.

Everyone downstairs is awoken by the sound and smell of breakfast cooking, eggs, bacon, sausage, bread and strong sweet tea. By the time everyone is stretching out and rubbing the sleep from their eyes the innkeeper has laden central bench table and is stoking the fire back to life. "Eat up boys, you'll need it. Who's going to wake your fine lady?"


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej stretches his neck and shoulders and then extends his arms stretching again.

Which door?, he asks the Innkeep simply.


innkeeper "She showed herself up..."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

He nods and moves up the stairs, moving to keep his arms limber and then starts knocking on doors - three knocks per door until he hears a response.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"She's the only one up there, just bang on the doors. Hopefully, it's the warm one.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan helps get the fire stoked and burning brightly before seeing to Sparky and eating a large breakfast. He packs away some sausage links into his backpack as he prepares his gear thinking I hope this does not attract bears... I am sooo not wanting to go out there the gnome announces. But the sooner we start the sooner we arrive, and I'd rather not get caught out after dark. So pack up and lets be off.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

Smelling some delicious scent coming through the door woke up Phiona, but refusing to leave this fairly lovely bed, she tries to sleep in. However not moments later she's hearing someone knocking at the door. Answering the person outside, she left the bed but before could tidy herself, she was led out the door by the smell of food.

Quickly rushing down the stair and towards the food, she helped herself to some egg, bread and bacon. After finished stuffing her face, she realise that she's not dressed up to standard.

"Sorry I kinda stayed it bed, who know when I'll sleep in a bed from here on out, probably never will.

Phiona quickly dash back up the stair and after 5 minutes or so, she finished packing her belongings and walked back down the stairs and thank the innkeeper for his hospitality,

Sorry about my unkempt clothes before, thanks for the hospitality, so guys we ready to go?


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej eats quickly and packs some of the left overs in a napkin before packing quickly and efficiently.

He looks around the room and the last civilized comfort he was likely to see for a last time before stepping into the cold.


After a hearty breakfast and much buttoning and fastening our the company set off into the driving wind accompanied by Anza. "The snow has stopped, this is just being blown up by the wind. I guess the wind will die down tonight, tomorrow it might even feel like spring..." Anza shouts to be heard above the gusts, adding as an afterthought, "...well spring with a foot of snow everywhere.".

The road is hard going, even for the animals. After just a few minutes you can feel the cold, then, after an hour the pain of the cold dies to the bone numbing chill. When you finally get ready to rest getting a fire started is everyones main worry.

If you want to skip ahead to Olegs let me know, your basicly just travelling at the moment but I want to give you all a chance to get to know each other before you get thrown in the deep end.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Upon waking Domitian reaches through his mental bond to Ronyo. Sensing all is well he gathers his things, dresses and piles a breakfast together. Eating a hearty meal he then packs a meal of bread and sausage, adding some extras sausage for Ronyo. He gears up and heads outside to meet up with his fox companion and check the conditions of the road.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Sorry for the double post but I posted 4 minutes behind the GM ;P
Also not sure if a check is required for any of this.

Dom quick drops his pack and begins looking around for firewood and tinder material. Birch bark, pine needles, dry leaves hidden under an overhang etc. Once enough is collected he uses his flint and steel to start the fire.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"If this is really going to die down tonight, we could have just spent another night at the inn and traveled much faster the next day. Not that I'm complaining, of course. Weather like this makes you feel alive. It's just slow going that's all."

He'll help pile up snow to make a windbreak for the fire.

"At least with the snow, we don't have to worry about burning the woods down. How far do you think we've come?"

And is this our night time camp? Or more of a lunch break?


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan, once again chilled to the bone, seems reluctant to get off Sparky, his one source of warmth in the wilderness. In the end his desire for a fire overcomes him and he helps gather wood, wading sometimes waist deep in the snow to get a choice branch. He positions Sparky to watch the road giving him a quick command. Guard.

When its time to light the fire he assists whoever is doing so with a quick prayer to Brigh. May the Gnome god of fire guide your hand. he intones gesturing quickly. Guidance for +1 to Survival for whoever has that skill.

Once a fire is going he warms himself and and talks about the road ahead with his new friends.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

I wished to fast forward to Oleg

Settling down her baggage, and seeing everyone working on their own things, she doesn't know what else to do, and help Sergei clearing the space, so that the group won't need to sleep on the snow.

When they finished she sat down and starts singing to break the silence: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan looks up smiling at the song. What a lovely voice. he comments. I think I could listen to that song all day. He turns back to his tasks, but his mood is brightened and his step somewhat quicker. He subconsciously hums the easier parts of the song to himself as he works.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej is an effective but not chatty companion - he sets up camp, arranges fire wood and directs the few of you that have survival skill efficiently and politely but using few words. He seems used to what ever role he is filling at the moment in the camp

Survival 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10(+ anyone wanting to aid another)

we can skip if you guys like


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

Rather similar to Andrej, Alagor is not very chatty. He maintains his gruff composure, although it seems that he does not dislike the snow as much as the others. Sure, it is cold, and sometimes you can be freezing, and the wind is not helping at all, and dozens of other minor things which are inconvenient at least, but somehow, it makes Alagor feel more alive, so he pushes along with great determination.

When setting up camp, he would silently try and mimic Andrej's efforts, trying to help the best he can.

Survival Aid another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

I am for skipping ahead, unless any of you guys want to role-play something more, or explore inter character/party relations


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan is not trained in survival but will help if he can.

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10 Survival Aid Another

Wow - just made it.


Anza "I'll get the fire lit, so why do you need a guide..?"


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

While gathering firewood Egan casts Enhanced Diplomacy on himself.

Anza, we have a charter from the Sword lords granting us the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. And while we have the right, we do not necessarily have the skills to do so. We do not know these lands like you do, and have no druid or ranger help us. Egan moves closer to the trapper and looks into her eyes as he continues. Anza, we would like to hire you as our guide for this journey. We will feed you and clothe you, and we can pay you a fair wage. But I do not want to deceive you. We also plan to look for and put down bandits in the area. There will be some danger, but we are well equipped for that type of challenge and will do our best to defend you and keep you from harms way. Can we count you as one of us?

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Diplomacy


Anza Spitting on the floor, "Sword or rope, bandits deserve nothing else. I can be your guide, but I will not fight. The bandits took my husband and boy already, they won't get me."

Looking over the party's members and equipment, "Your not really prepared for the wilderness but Oleg can equip you at a fair price, maybe even fairer if you can help with the bandits. Lets get some food on and get some sleep, if we set off at first light we can be at Oleg's before the afternoon is begun."


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

Overhearing the conversation, Phiona added,

"So let's get to the money, how's 18 copper per day sound to you?"
That should be 3 copper each from all 6 of us

diplomacy Check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Anza "I'll accept 18 copper a day plus food, but on days we see fighting i want double pay for danger." She responds to Phiona as she tends the flickering begining of the fire.


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

"Hmm, how about only 9 copper extra, and you'll have our... my word on it. These extra shouldn't be of concern to you, unless you willingly lead us into troubled area, without telling us in advance... I'm sorry if it sounds like you would be cheating us for extra copper by causing fight, so you could get more coins, I didn't mean it that way."

Phiona tries to bargain with her.
Diplomacy Check:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Anza Looking thoughtful for a while starring into the fire, "That sounds fair, and I would never lead you into danger on purpose."


Female Human Bard / 1 (Per: +2 Init:+3 HP 9/9 AC: 15/11/14 F: +1 R: +3 W: +0)

With the business out off the way, Phiona smiled and grab a flask within her cloak and handed it to Anza.

"Drink up, it's the wine from the inn earlier today, though it's probably not as warm as it should be. Don't worry, we'll try not to get ourself into trouble if we could help it. Right guys?"


Male Human Fighter 2
Stats:
HP 20/20; AC 17, Flat Footed 11, Touch 16; CMD 17 (+11 vs Disarm); Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; Perception +1; Initiative +1

Quite surprisingly, Alagor chooses to answer to Phiona: "Riiiiight....don't know about you little lady, but trouble seem to have a knack for finding me, not that I bother much to avoid it"

Having said that, he pats his big sword, while curling his lips upwards in a crooked smile - "Sure would be nice of ya if you have some more of that wine to pass along"


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Domitian listens intently as the little gnome and woman speak to Anza. At the conclusion of the conversation he nods to himself as if he had been the one to negotiate the terms. He them breaks out his cooking gear and moves back to the fire. Using some to heat water and the others to rewarm his sausages from breakfast. He motions for the others to do the same if they want. Come. It's best to eat poorly tasting food reheated in this weather. Without further word he sits on his pack and begins feeding is companion nibbles of sausage.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan pulls our his smuggled left overs from breakfast and adds them to Domitian's cooking gear. First in line for food, as always, is Sparky.

Sparky! Guard! The large husky slinks away back to his position watching the road.

51 to 100 of 2,101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.