Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


801 to 850 of 2,101 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej drops his bow and moving rapidly to the tree sheltering his opponent draws his sword.

If the tree edge in -H, -G /-7 isnt difficult terrain, I charge the archer other wise I move to -H/-5


Theres no difficult terrain so you can charge freely.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej swings at the bandit, trusting in his momentum and skill to bring down his foe.

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

If confirming
1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Note: -2 AC for the turn.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva will either charge or double move into the melee.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class
Silva Pasrati wrote:
Silva will either charge or double move into the melee.

Thats the spirit! :)


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Are we starting round 4, I not sure if I can take an action yet?


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan was up after the bandits. Since they fired again, he must be up again. :)

From the safety of the mist Egan targets a bandit that is not in melee with Silva or Andrej and throws another flame. As the fire leaves his hand he readies his crossbow for next round and advances in the mist 5 feet.

Range Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Rolling to confirm - Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Not huge damage rolls but I'll take that crit!.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4
Andrej 'Catfoot' wrote:
Silva Pasrati wrote:
Silva will either charge or double move into the melee.
Thats the spirit! :)

Lol! With 4 archers and only me out of the mist, it wouldn't have taken long to drop at 1st level! The closing distance would have killed me. Paladin pin cushion!


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Good point Egan, and I'm up after you.

Begin: Round:4
Status: Prone
AC: 14 +4 for prone vs ranged attacks. -4 melee attacks, no ranged except crossbows.
HP:3 of 8
Obscure Mist around Maksim. Total concealment.
Channel positive energy:0 of 4 used.
2 of 20 arrows expended.

Expendable spells:
Cleric Level 1
•Bless(D)
•Obscuring Mist - Converted to CLW. Used.
•Shield of Faith

Maksim draws a deep breath of relief then coughs on the smokey mist, so unlike the cool moist fog of Erastil's favor. He rises to his feet and collects his courage, "Oh, Great Lord of Hearth and Home, send me courage to face the wicked." Maskim then moves past Egan to the left flank just staying within the mist.

If I have this right I should start and recover from prone in square G-15, then I'll move H-16, squeeze though G-17 then advance straight up 17 to D-17 which should be the edge of Egan mist. If not please adjust accordingly, Maksim intends to stay in total concealment for now. This will take two move actions.

Hope you don't mind Egan, of my taking poetic licence with your mist, it can be amended if you have a different view.

End: Round:4
Status: Standing
AC: 14
HP:3 of 8
Obscure Mist around Maksim. Total concealment.
Channel positive energy:0 of 4 used.
2 of 20 arrows expended.

Expendable spells:
Cleric Level 1
•Bless(D)
•Obscuring Mist - Converted to CLW. Used.
•Shield of Faith


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan is a fire oracle - his mist should be smoky. Thats fine. :)


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Shouldn't Maksim have full hps now?


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Yes he is at 8/8 hp my oversight, sorry not at my best right now.


Sorry i went out of order...

Andrej charges forward causing his target to panic and fumble his arrow, his sword scores a gash along the bandits arm and causes him to drop his longbow. As Andrej charges Silva deftly avoids an arrow and closes to melee with another bandit while flame flashes past him to strike the final bandit directly in the face, drawing forth an agonised scream.

Two bandits are in various states of incapacitated on the floor, two are heavily injured one of which is in combat with Andrej, the final bandit is uninjured in melee with Silva. Andrej is up, will update the map if the combat lasts another round.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

I thought I was out of order and hence had already gone with my charge


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

When it is Silva's turn:

Silva swings his mighty greatsword at the uninjured bandit.

Power attack, Two-handed Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14


Order...

Andrej
Bandits
Egan
Silva
Maksim

I confused the order because i went before Andrej insted of just starting round 4.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

OK. I think Bandits are up, right?


Andrej is still up, just waiting on his action then we're moving. But the forums were down for a while so i thought it best to wait.

Grand Lodge

I thought I had gone already

Andrej's lips draw back in a desperate grimace - training hadn't captured the andrenaline and stress of battle like the reality of it...

Maybe it gets better in time, he mused, thoughts flying and his foes movements seeming almost comically slow.

He steps up and strikes again at his foe, seeking to cut him down.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


With a flash of steel and a spray of gore Andrej's precise blow opens the bandits throat, killing him instantly. The injured bandit yturns and runs back into the forest while the uninjured bandit drops his bow and holds up his hands as Silva advances swinging his sword in a powerful stroke...

If Silva would like to strike the bandit down he can, you need to decide weather to persue.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Drop to your knees and put your hands on your head now!

Silva turns to the others. Get the injured one. If he doesn't surrender, kill him!

Silva extends an open hand over the bandit. Erastil guide me.

Detect Evil.


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Waiting on Egan's action may influence mine.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

While it is still early, Andrej will make to pursue


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan, seeing the injured bandit run gives Sparky free reign and commands 'Get him boy!" The large hound bounds after the panicked man, double moving at a speed of 40. Egan will take a single wild shot with his crossbow at the end of the movement.

Shot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d6 ⇒ 3


Andrej sets off in hot persuit of the running bandit with Sparky gaining on him rapidly, but Egan's bolt flies true and slams into the bandits back bringing him down. As Andrej slows to a jog and Sparky closes in growling the bandit tries to heave himself to his feet with his long bow but seems to pass out from blood loss.

His uninjued accomplice drops to his knees and holds up his hands, "Please don't kill me..." he whimpers as Silva casts him a stern gaze.

The running bandit was on zero hp and ran himself unconcious, they do not detect as evil Silva but once again they may be beneath your notice.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej buries his blade deep in the fallen bandits back, puncturing the lungs by slipping the blade between the ribs... and giving him a clean death.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan nods his approval to Andrej and rides back to the others. These men may be missed soon. And with the coming weather we do not have the luxury of waiting til morning. Is anyone injured?


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Convinced the man is not evil: What is your story? Why have you turned to banditry?


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Maksim steps forward from the mist to get a clear shot, but what he sees is the trumph of the others as they crush the remaining bandits. He says, "Do to the grace of our gods, I'm unhurt. Let's bind the remaining bandits, and determine what to do next, as you say we have little time."

Maksim turns his attention to Lord Silva's questioning.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan will quickly stabilize any wounded before he removes weapons and valuables from the bodies and piles the spoils to be considered and divided. He will note to the party if any of the down still live.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Ok. My character is updated. I am planning to learn Shield of Faith for my new first level spell, since our cleric carries Bless. Considered Cause Fear, but I don't really like the hit or miss nature of that one. I will be happy to listen to recommendations from the group though. And I have a confession to make. I have forgotten to play my curse. Updating my character I noted, almost in surprise that Egan has the curse of Tongues. He may only speak in Ignan when under stress, like in combat. I am sorry Ego that I have forgotten that, and will try not to do so in the future. Everyone, please remind me.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Character updated as well.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Levelled


The bandit looks fearful but answers in a stammer, "We have what we hold, its how i was raised." He flinches away as he answers, "Please don't kill me, i don't want to die like them others."

Egan, the first bandit down is on the verge of death and the two that Andrej struck with his sword are dead. The bandit who took the fire followed by the arrow will probably live with treatment but is going to walk with a limp from now on. Each bandit has a set of studded leather, a longbow with 20 arrows, a shortsword and dagger and 10gp in various forms of change, tellingly they carry no rations or camping gear.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Where are you coming from and where are you going? Are you following Kessel's orders? How many are at her camp now?


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej comes over and stands next to Silva, uncleaned and bloody sword in hand and glares menacingly at the bandit

hoping for a circumstance bonus...

Intimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


"Oh Hanspur!" The bandit exclaims as Silva and Andrej loom over him, a dark patch spreads across the front of his breeches. "Kessle sent us to scout and ambush you, we was spose to return by morning. Theres eight of the men back at camp with her, theres always two on watch. Please don't hang me..." The bandit breaks down into tears and wracking sobs, you realise for the first time that this bandit is still basicly a boy.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Will you give an oath to turn from banditry? Go to Oleg's and tell him Silva sent you to work the stables. This should pay for your first months wages.

Silva gives the boy four gold and allows him to take his gear. You can change your life this day. If I catch you in banditry again, you will hang.

Erastil, help the boy. Oleg and Svetlana should benefit from the help around the post and their marriage may be strengthened from a child to care for.

Can anyone write a note to send with him?


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Silva, you've a kind heart, but we can't let the boy leave until we hit the camp. And we can't let him keep his weapons either. That'd be too trusting. We now know we could choose to wait until morning before we attack, since this lot is not due back til then. That would let us hit them at full strength. That throwing fire trick I do is a once a day thing, and it'd be mighty handy to have to clear the bandits from the tree stands. Thougths?


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan gets out a rope and begins to secure the boy. We are not murderers lad. But we can't afford the chance you will run back and warn Kessele, now can we. A few hours with ropes around your wrists and ankles is a lot better than a few minutes with one around your neck. Turning to his team he reports Two of the others still live. I have them stable, but they are gonna need care through the night or at least the one I burned is not gonna make it.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Give them a clean death then... they aren't allies and we don't have the time or resources to give them the care they need, he says simply.

It would be cruel to let them linger


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Maksim face turns grim as the boy confesses to planning murder for money, then is astounded when Lord Silva, frees him and gives him money. Egan then pipes up with some common sense. Maksim says, "Begging your pardon, milord, But I think Egan has the right of it, I'm for redemption as much as any man but we need to be sure or innocent blood will pay for it." Maksim ducks his head and eyes but stands firm, abet deferential.

"We can prepare another day then but we'll need to go right after or be going through storm. I not sure that attacking during bad weather favors us."

At Andrej words, Maksim sighs and looks at the badly injured men. "I see no need for these men to suffer, even if we must bind them, let pray and see what judgement Erastil makes."Make sure the men are disarmed and bound.

When everyone is together Maskim touches his Sigil and prays, "Blessed Erastil, Father of Forest, Farm, and Family, bestow thy favor upon us, the stalwart in the defense of new homes, the repentant, that they find their way home."

Channel Healing: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The Sigil of Erastil seems to move as though alive, then a wave of green light spreads though the area, bringing feelings of peace and contentment that remind people of the good memories of home, family, and friends for those that have them, for others, a vision of families they can make and find joy in. The birds burst into joyeous song, and you'd swear that the other small forest creatures are dancing in the light. Then it fades, with a bit of regret that you feel when friends leave but contentment also for the good time had.

Maksim will check and if the hurt bandits do not revive he'll do it again, till they do, or Erastil withholds his favor.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

I too would rather wait until after the battle to free the child, but do you suggest we bring him with us? I will not leave him bound here alone during the storm. The others have made their decisions and chose their fate, but this one has turned from his ways. I am fine with not letting him leave, but I will oath to protect him. I believe a second chance working at the outpost is fair if he is willing to give an oath to me in exchange for mine.


"You have my oath milord." The boy shouts almost with joy through the sobs and tears streaking his face. "I'll be a good stable hand, i'll work for food in my belly and a roof over my head. I didn't want to hurt people, honest."

Maksim, one of the bandits is on -5, the other is on -9. However you can wake them to concious with an application of the smelling salts in the healers kit Egan carries if you would like to avoid using your channels.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Well rats. Just lost a long post - no time to redo it. Bottom line Egan will interrupt your prayer before you channel and note that if we are hitting the camp now we may need that for ourselves. We have to decide if we are going in now or first light.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Sense motive on the boy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

I am fine with hitting the camp tonight or tomorrow. If Egan feels more prepared in the morning, I say we wait. What is your name lad?

Silva puts his arm around the lad and walks away from the group trying to distract the boy while Adrej takes care of the bandits.


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Maksim will hold off at Egan's request. "If we attack now then ok, I'd hold his favor for the battle, if we wait till tomorrow, I can recover that and what I've used."

Turns to Lord Silva befoer he leaves, "A good point milord, but he'd likely get caught by the storm on his way north, anyway, so he's at risk, actually being here if we win is likely less dangerous to him, with all to help." Maksim waves at the near dead bandits. "If Erastil doesn't bless these men with healing they are going to die, I suppose if Egan and work though the night they may live a little longer but I doubt they could survive a major storm without more shelter than we can provide. Also, unless there are more skilled healers here, we will greet dawn tired, most like. The more rest we take the more likely they pass, they are too exposed and a good shelter is diffcult to build quickly, even a tent may not help enough. We also could do as Andrej says, and offer them a quick mercy. I'll pray for a better answer milord, but I don't see it."

@ DM, Last thing Maksim would want to do is wake them to searing pain, better to leave them out of it, or kill them as Andrej says.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva responds to Maksim I agree. They are past our help. Andrej, can you handle this while the boy and I discuss his future? I say we sleep and then strike in the morning. The lad will stay by my side. We will have to do a watch through the night. When we attack, we will tie the lad in a safe place close to the battle. After the battle, I will deliver him to Oleg and set him up in his new job. Is everyone ok with this plan?


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

I think a night raid would be best - we hit them when they are confused and unfocused, and maybe unarmoured... confusion will increase our small numbers ten fold and halve theirs. That is my advice.

He turns then to his bloody work, taking no joy in it but not caring overly much about the men whose lives he ends either. He kills with a practicality that is coldly efficient.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva brings the lad back after the dirty work is done. I will follow your advice Andrej. You have been trained by the sword lords for battle.

To the others Tonight then while they sleep?

801 to 850 of 2,101 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.