Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


751 to 800 of 2,101 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Brevic) 14 Fame 5 Prestige Fighter/4

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Magics are all well and good but more clumsy and random than the Aldori Sword... , Andrej interjects.

Though I would be a liar to not admit I don't appreciate them when they are being used by Allies.


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)


perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

only a fool is clumsy with magic...I've met many more fools with a balde than I care to remember.....


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Sorry typo error in dice rolls: rerolled correctly I did not roll a Perception of 45!

"Buffing? What an odd way of putting it. As I said I can ward one person for a short time to avoid missiles or any close fight. Aside from Erastil's blessing that's it." Maksim chews the tough jerky of his meal, then says, "Who will call the shots in battle then, or do we look for those engaged or wounded and fire on them as the bandits present themselves?"

At the byplay on the topic of swords vs. magic, Maksim mildly says, "Everyone has their own talents, what matters is its use and the results, all else is philosophy."


Alert to threats Egan hears the movements of a group of hunters around 100 ft away through the underbrush. They are not as stealthy in their movements as you would expect a Stolen Lands hunter to be but you only really have Anza as an example...

They seem to be travelling in a group of five or six, their numbers obscured by trees and brush due to the distance. Dressed in winter clothes and boiled leathers with longbows in hand they are talking to each other in hushed tones which you cannot make out at this distance.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan still mounted on Sparky, quickly raises his hand indicating quiet. He holds up all 5 fingers on that hand and points in the direction of the movement. He mouths the question Bandits? as he moves to take cover behind a tree.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Catfoot dismounts and leads his horse off the path.


Finally got a map together...

The hunters advance through the woods loudly, you can overhear some of their conversation as they close to around 70ft away. "Happs still isn't back..." "He probably ran off..." "From Kessle? Never..." "I bet he got caught..."

Surprise


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva begins detecting evil. Erastil guide me.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan, seeing the "hunters" with their bows, and hearing them mention Happs 5'steps to G14 and casts Obscuring Mist.


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

As soon as Egan motions vael dismounts, tying his horse to the enarest tree. Witht he bandits about 70' away, Vael moves behind a tree, and begins to speak the Language of magic. As he chants, you get a breif gimpse of a field of force forming around him.

5' step cast mage armor


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Maksim hears the warning and sees Andrej take his horse of the field of combat and follows him to do the same. If there is time he then takes his bow and moves toward the fog now gathering around Egan, advancing past Egan's right to the edge of the mist.

Looking at the map it appears to be either E-13 or D-13 is where I may end up, I know that all those actions may take some time, that we don't have.

When passing Egan, Maksim whispers, "However unlikely, is there any chance these are innocent hunters?" Maksim's tone indicates that he doesn't think it reasonable that hunters would be so close to a nest of bandits and not be in league. He sets up when he stops and prepares to fire on the hunters at need. He does not cast any magic at this time because of its short duration.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan calls quietly They are bandits. I know it.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej, seeing Silva and Maksim with their bows, readies his own and nocks an arrow.

Say when he tells Silva quietly then leans slightly around the tree and lines up a shot on one of the bandits.

Aims at bandit -12/-H

Stealth1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 not counting range and whatever other factors


The bandits stop and grow quiet, they search around from where they stand. You get the impression that they heard something but do not know where you are, like prey they are frozen but look ready to fight or flee depending on the group response.

You may want to take advantage before they dive for cover.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej gives a mental shrug then lets fly.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Not sure if other modifiers apply.

1d8 ⇒ 6


They all have soft cover so -2, since you are all "ready you can all act then we will drop into initiative.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Are you saying we can act again? Sorry, but am now confused? Egan has acted once, taking a single action for the surprise round.


So far Egan has cast obscuring mist, Vael has cast mage armour, Andrej has shot and missed. Maksim and Silva can still act, once they have we will drop into initiative.


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Maksim just nods at Egan's reply and stands, bow ready, to fire on available targets. As Andrej fires, Maksim steps forward to see his targets clearly, and fires on the first bandit he sees, likely the one in H-12 as well.

Begin: Round:0 ?
Status: Standing
AC: 14
HP:8
obscuring mist running from Egan.
Channel positive energy:0 of 4 used.

Expendable spells:
Cleric Level 1
•Bless(D)
•Obscuring Mist
•Shield of Faith

All bandits are within 100' no range penalty.
Attack with bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
if hit does 1d8 ⇒ 4
if Threat confirm:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
if confirmed does: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 additional damage. (If you want this done differently, just tell me, I'l change.)

End: Round:0

Maksim after shooting waits for developments.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

I cast detect evil the surprise round and will concentrate on it while ducking behind a tree.


Sorry Silva i completely missed that.

Andrej's arrow causes one to duck in surprise as Maksim strikes another a solid blow in the chest. As the bandits begin to react Egans mist begins to billow out around the group hiding you from reprisal.

Silva unfortunately none of them detect as evil, weather they are not powerful enough to be worth your notice or they truely are just doing banditry to get along you could not say for sure.

Bandit initiative[ooc] 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

[Ooc]Order

Andrej
Vael
Bandits
Egan
Maksim
Silva


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej lines up another arrow, lets fly then ducks behind the tree taking cover.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d8 ⇒ 8

When / If obscuring Mist comes up thats my time to charge in


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

vael moves to F12 then cast magic missle on the bandit Andrej just shot at. If that one is down, he will look for another injured bandit or aim for the closest one. he is using his bonded object slot to cast this spell

Vael moves behind Andrej "let's see if this will give them pause"

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Round 1

Andrej's arrow catches in the bandits leather armour and causes no injury but Vael's magic missile drops the bandit which Maksim grievously wounded. The bandits send back a shower of arrows at Silva and Maksim in return before taking cover behind the nearby trees.

Vael and egan are both completely covered by mist, Andrej can see and can be seen but is at 20% miss chance, the bandits as well as Maksim and Silva have cover for -4 to hit.

Attack on Silva 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13 damage 1d8 ⇒ 2
Attack on Silva 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 14 damage 1d8 ⇒ 3

Attack on Maksim 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11 damage 1d8 ⇒ 1
Attack on Maksim 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 - 4 = 9 damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva dodges the two arrows launched in his direction.

How far away are they now?


They are around 60ft from you at the moment but your behind a tree and do not have a clear charge unfortunately.


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

One arrows flys by Maskim but one slams into the tree next to him, missing by inches. Unshaken, Maksim draws for another shot.

Begin: Round:1
Status: Standing
AC: 14
HP:8
Obscure Mist behind Maksim cast by Egan.
Channel positive energy:0 of 4 used.

Expendable spells:
Cleric Level 1
•Bless(D)
•Obscuring Mist
•Shield of Faith

Find another bandit, to shoot and shoot him. I'm not sure which one went down, so pick the nearest to that one.

All bandits are within 60', no range penalty, greater than 30' no damage bonus.

Attack with bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
if hit does 1d8 ⇒ 8
if Threat confirm:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
if confirmed does: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 8) = 13 additional damage.

"They seem to be good shots with their bows, keep to cover."

End: Round one.
Same as begin except 2 of 20 arrows used.


Maksims return shot sticks into the tree the bandit is using as cover, you hear a round of cursing at the lack of effect from their volley...


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej follows Maksims example, re-nocks an arrow and tries again.

1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8 Included a -4 for cover
1d8 ⇒ 6

And curses as his shot flies wide.


Just waiting for Silva from round 1, but posting slightly out of turn isn't an issue.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva readies an action from behind the tree to advance to melee if any of the bandits attempt to close the distance.


I almost skipped Egan as well, he should be before Maksim.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Glad we are moving. Again, I was not getting any notice that there were new posts. Glad I checked it at random today.

Egan readies his crossbow and lets fly.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 4 = 61d6 ⇒ 1


Egans bolt flies wide as Andrej's arrow gets caught in some low branches...

Vael is up.


I've sent Vael a pm, going to assume he is holding his action so we can move along a little. If he posts before the end f the round i'll work his action back in.

The bandits all focus their arrows on the least difficult target...

I'm going to give Silva improved cover as he is not attacking so -8 to hit. Since Andrej has mist concealment they shoot at Maksim.

to hit[ooc] 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5
[Ooc]damage
1d8 ⇒ 6

to hit 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 3 - 4 = 18
damage 1d8 ⇒ 6

to hit 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 4 = 17
damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

to hit 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1
damage 1d8 ⇒ 2


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

I think Maksim will be down from two hits and 10 points of damage, correct? And Egan will be up. If this is right Egan moves to Maksim's side, taking cover behind a tree and heal the cleric. I am no longer sure what square Maksim is in since he stepped forward - Maybe F-10? If I am confused let me know.

Egan, rides over to where Maksim is and casts a touch spell on the down cleric.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Begin: Round:2
Status: Prone/Dying.
AC: 14
HP:-2 of 8 - Dying, dies at -10.
Obscure Mist behind Maksim.
Channel positive energy:0 of 4 used.

Expendable spells:
Cleric Level 1
•Bless(D)
•Obscuring Mist
•Shield of Faith

Maksim reels from hit, attempting to grasp his Sigil of Erastil, when another arrow strikes; he collapses to the ground, bleeding out.

Bleed while unconcious.

All bandits are within 60', no range penalty, greater than 30' no damge bonus.

DM only:

Stablization check when Maksim's turn come around.
Con Check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16 Con Bonus:0 -2 hits for -2 two to roll, figured in.

End: Round two.
2 of 20 arrows expended.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

I suspect our mails crossed, but since Egan was before Maksim, you should start your turn prone but at 3 hit points. Get into the mist Maksim.


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

You're right Egan,our posts did cross. I didn't think you could reach me so quickly.

Retcon,
Status Prone,
HP:3 of 8 after healing.

Maksim comes to with Egan over him, telling him to get in the mist. Maksim grabs his bow and crawls into the mist.

Maksim is heading to the mist, he should be only 5' from it, he's still prone but will go as far inside it as he can while crawling.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Let me know when we are at round 3


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Seeing his priest drop, Silva is filled with a holy vengeance. He drops his sword and pulls his composite shortbow firing it at a bandit.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Silva's arrow strikes true and sticks deeply in the bandits leg as he tries to take cover behind his tree, his comrade sharing the cover pushing him out into the arrows path in his eagerness to avoid injury.

Silva has cover(-4), Andrej and Egan have partial concealment(20%), Maksim and Vael have total concealment(50%). Andrej is up, or Vael if he returns.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Move to B / -7

Andrej lines up a shot on the lone archer to the far right of their group and trusts the tree to protect him from the arrows of his targets friends.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d8 ⇒ 8

Straight shot with a +5 to hit and STILL can't hit the broadside of a damn barn


Round 3

The bandits split their fire between the two combatants they can still see...

Silva 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7 1d8 ⇒ 1
Silva 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5 1d8 ⇒ 2

Andrej 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 4 = 1 1d8 ⇒ 8
Andrej 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 14 1d8 ⇒ 3

Before hugging close to their trees trying to avoid the return fire.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan moves back into his mist. Once there he casts Produce Flame and cast fire at the enemy he can see the best.

Range Touch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva fires another shot at the bandits.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Sorry busy day, more so tomorrow.

Begin: Round:3
Status: Prone
AC: 14 +4 = 18 for prone.
HP:3 of 8
Obscure Mist around Maksim. Total concealment.
Channel positive energy:0 of 4 used.
2 of 20 arrows expended.

Expendable spells:
Cleric Level 1
•Bless(D)
•Obscuring Mist
•Shield of Faith

Maksim in the center of the mist, sacrifices his favor of calling mist for Erastil's healing power. "Oh, Wise and Mercyful Lord of Forests, lend me your gift of health."

Cast Cure Light Wounds, full round action, completes at beginning of next round. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

All bandits are within 100', no range penalty, greater than 30' no damge bonus. Cannot see them well now.

End: Round 3.

Expendable spells:
Cleric Level 1
•Bless(D)
•Obscuring Mist - Converted to CLW. Used.
•Shield of Faith
HP:8 of 8

Maskim sighs in relief as Erastil restores his servent.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Say when we are to round 4


Egans flame strikes the injured bandit in the chest, drawing a scream as he flails madly to put the fire out before falling to the floor smouldering. The rest of the bandits seem to lose their composure as arrows fly at different targets...

To hit Silva 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 4 = 10
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8

To hit Andrej 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 4 = 13
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 4

To hit Egan 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0
Damage 1d8 ⇒ 1
Miss chance 1d100 ⇒ 52

751 to 800 of 2,101 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.