Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


701 to 750 of 2,101 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

[I]Oleg[/b] His serving duties done Oleg takes a seat at the head of the table. "I hear the fey are not of this world, tricksters all of them. Better off where they came from, present company excepted." He adds as an after thought. Seeking to quickly change the subject he asks "How goes the hunt for the bandits?"


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

We know where they are and how their camp is set up. We have good information there and now that we have some reinforcements we are ready to make our plan and fall upon them. Egan looks to the others as he continues. We know that there will be 10 in the camp and hopefully 6 more out working their craft somewhere else. And we expect them to have a good number of archers in the trees. They will likely be hard to spot and hard to bring down.

Egan gets out a piece of paper and sketches the camp as best he can recall it from the fey's description. See the Thorn River Camp map in the campaign info tab.


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

"The trees....hmmm, perhaps we could entice them to relinquish the high ground." Turning to Egan he smiles, his eyes alight with glee "with a bit flame?"


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

"To harm without great need is a grave sin in the Lord of Forests' eyes, the fae are safe from me. However as I understand it, the fae favor those who bring gifts. May I have your advice, as to what I may give that they would find pleasing?" Maksim looks quizzically at Egan.

Maksim is about to rise to aid the Goodman and his wife in the chores when Egan begins the briefing. With a sigh, Maksim settles down to learn his new trade of 'Adventurer'. "That's quite a number of bandits, no wonder traders and good-folk are alarmed. Do we know if they are skillful and do they have workers of magic or the dark ways?"


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

They have a leader, but I do not think she is a caster. I recall something about her use of hand axes or the like.

Sorry, but its been a while. What do we know about the leader of the bandits?


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

The archers are my fear.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan smiles. I've a trick that should help. Archers can't target through mist and I can both create it and see through it. Our archers can move up in the mist I create and have concealment from their archers if they are at the edge of the mist shooting out.

20% miss chance is not great, but its a lot better than nothing and our healers can operate in it without chance of being shot if we do this right.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Great idea Egan! Does anyone else have skills that could help?


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

"I can send forth jets of flame, either in a straight line or spread wide, the rest of my magic is defensive in nature. If I can get close, they will understand just how hot things can get. Of course no elf worth his salt would travel without a bow and if needs be I will make use of that skill."


Oleg Upon talk begining of the bandit leader Oleg turns to Svetlana, "Be a dear and fetch us that bottle of Korvosan brandy from the store room, we might as well toast to success." After a little cajoling Svetlana relents and goes for the bottle.

Once she hss gone Oleg turns to the adventurers, "The bandit leader was a cruel woman who threatened us more than the others, she took Svetlana's wedding ring as payment for not "shortening my reach" with her axes. I'd see her dead but i would rather get Svetlana's ring back, it would mean a great deal to her and i can reward you if you get it."

As Sverlana returns to he brandy Oleg is back to himself and pouring glasses to wish you luck in your attack. As the evening winds to a close and night begins to set in the ale, wine and brandy take their toll, there is still much planning to do but shortly no one will be awake to do it...


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan yawns. The hour grows late. We have the layout of their camp and their expected number. I have mentioned that I can help shield some of us from arrows once we are spotted. And Vael plans to make being in the trees a little uncomfortable for them. All this is good, but it is not a plan. We need an approach, and a time, and assignments. I am not a tactician but I see at least that much. Who will lead us?


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

"The warriors should have a better knowledge of warfare than the likes o'me but I can aid in a few ways. I'm a fair archer and could prepare some of Erastil's favor for the meet. I can also ask Ol'Deadye for mist but I cannot see through it any better than another or could give a couple of our group a ward against arrows and such or a different one good against all attacks but not quite as good against specific ones. The last may be the best, any such favors though will last only a short time, I've not earned more regard in Erastil's eyes."

Maksim speaks slowly as though unsure of his place in the group. He seems to be looking toward Silva and Andrei for further plans.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

We will need to hit one archer at a time while using the caster's clouds to block us from the other archers. When the leader shows, I will go toe to toe with her and Catfoot flanking. We have to make sure we are not taking arrows from positions that we are not attacking.


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

"Bandits can not be trusted, if the battle goes against them. Taking out their archers and leader just might convince the others to give up"


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Maksim notices as Egan leads the discussion, that he is the leader by his natural qualities. Egan seems to indicate that he wants Silva to guide the group in battle.

"Beggin' your pardon, but do all the bandits have bows or only some? Got the idea most of them were fallen huntsmen, trappers, or the like. We can try to keep the numbers shooting at us low but it seems that the outnumber us by an ... ungoodly amount. We will need to see how we can keep the attacks down. I'm not as quiet in the woods as I'd like or are some of you better trained to scout them and give their exact positions so we can pick the best spot for battle? As to surrendering, if the leader falls, they may or may flee, few wish to suffer 'death by sword or rope.' If they do flee, do we let them run, or do we pursue if able?"


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

We would need to pursue them. I do not want one of them reporting us to another group of bandits.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Agreed. We pursue, if we are able. Remember that we expect 6 bandits to be away somewhere else. Even if one gets away, which might be likely, he can lead the others back to us.

Egan indicates the map again. Which direction looks best for our approach? Do we bring the horses into the battle?


After a nights rest and a huge breakfast the party gathers outside to enjoy the unseasonable sunshine on this mild day in Calistril (February), drawing a crude map in the dirt with pebbles for bandits and sticks for trees Silva hammers out a plan of attack with input from the others.

Around mid morning a pale but very much alive Anza makes her way out of the bunk house and stops on her way to break her fast. "Master Egan, I owe you a debt for saving my life. You have my thanks." She looks at the sky before commenting, " Well this is terrible, sun now means a huge storm is brewing to the north. It will sweep over us within the next three days."


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

In the morning Vael sits in the morning sun, studying his spells.
He finishes shortly just as Anza appars. Shutting his spellbook, he joins the others. "How far to the camp? If the lady is correct, perhaps the storm can help mask our approach."


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan responds to the guide. Anza, we are a team. My gift is healing. I would lost without your gift of woodcraft. Continue to guide us as you have and your debt is paid in full. I am only sorry that I was not powerful enough to heal you completely after your injury and you had to suffer a hard night with your wounds.

Nodding at Vael's words and liking the sound of it he asks What do you think Anna? Can we use the storm to mask our approach?


Anza "Well it depends on the storm, it should easily cover our approach, but it could also be so powerful it forces us into shelter until it blows over. The early spring storms are fickle."


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Hmmmm... maybe. Its a toss of the coin. Perhaps a strategy to lure part of their strength out, and when take them down the fort bound bandits may assume them lost to the storm and not to us, and remain complacent...

He squints at the map... Or... we use the storm to Sneak into their camp... run for the walls, put a hook or three over and steal in. With all the wind and thunder we could take down many before the bandits know what hit them.


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Maksim looks thunderstruck. "I'm mindless, in all the fuss last night I assumed you fully healed and cared for; I didna know you still suffer, I can relieve any remaining wounds you have Miss ...Uh Anza." Maksim looks at the sky so as to not look at his failure.

Survival 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Weather Prediction.

Later, after any reply Anza and others may make...

"Even a modest rain or snowfall will make bows useless, the strings wet and the arrows impeded in flight" Maksim offers his views on this subject. "Is this what we want, arrows will be as useless to us as the them?"

"Walls, what walls? It seems a sketch of a large but typical hunter's camp."

I thought we were going after the Thorn River Camp that was the map I looked at on the game info page, if not ignore the last sentence.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan agrees. I see no walls Andrej. Discussing the storm he adds. Because we have Anza we know about the storm. Maybe they do not. Can we use that to our advantage. I like the idea of no one having bows, but I am not sure that is the way of it. Strings can be waxed and use in the rain I think. But vision will be worse for sure.

I know of no mechanic that prevents bows from being used in the rain. Some crossbows are modified to be used underwater.


Rain impeeds vision and wind can make ranged attacks difficult or impossible, but that depends on the severity of the storm.

Anza Looking to the sky in the north, "We will know in a day or two, these calm skys will be followed by a northern wind. It could bring heavy rain and thunderheads or something as bad as a blizzard, snows are not unknown at this time of year and the Stolen Lsnds are fickle."


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

"Let us start our journey then and see what the winds bring."


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Agreed. I am eager for this work.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej merely takes out his whetstone and starts to sharpen his sword.


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

I'll take the wet bow debate to discussion

"Aye do the work at hand, work delayed is work not done." Maksim finishes saddling his mount and tucks the heavy winter clothes under his light armor. "Ready when you are." Maksim looks to Silva and Egan to lead them out.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva straps down his gear to his saddle and then bows his head to offer a silent prayer to Erastil for safe traveling. He completes his prayer and then mounts up. He leans forward and feeds his horse a treat and then whispers in the horses ear while rubbing its neck.

Men... we have been commissioned to end banditry and threats of evil in this land. Let the hand of Erastil be against our enemies!


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan already has Sparky saddled up and ready to ride. The sooner we start, the sooner we are done. he says in a somewhat dark mood.


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

Vael Mounts up, then doubel checks to make sure his spell book is secured. "Another move in the game between us and the bandit lord, I wonder how many it will take to draw his attention?"


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Hopefully not until our pieces can eliminate his own.

Mounting, he checks weapons and armour both, we well as the makeshift cover he has for longbow of fat smeared canvas.


Rations & gear? Also loot splitting if you guys have anything you want to buy? I hope you all have cold weather gear now.

The group spends some time in the morning preparing their mounts and equipment while Anza catches up with Svetlana over breakfast, as noon comes around Svetlana decides that everyone should stay for lunch and will brook no argument.

After a fine meal and a small ale each Anza will lead our adventurers off into the wild once more, "Half a day will see us essily to the first campsite we took in the woodlands, keep an eye for the Thylacine that harrassed the horses. From there we can make good time to south of the faeries and find a secure camp you can scout the bandits from."


After a days travel in the plesant weather you settle down to camp, an uneventful but cold night passes as the temperature drops to near freezing and the northern wind begins to grow in power. You awake to a cool morning, the sun still strong but not as warm as previously, huge columns of pregnant cloud cover the northern skies from horizon to horizon. Tinged with an strange purple luminesence these clouds look barely natural.

Knowledge arcana if you have it, geography at a higher dc if you don't.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Have neither -just survival


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

knowledge arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Keeping his cloak rapped tight about him, Vael studies his spells in the morning sun. Noticing the strange luminesence Vael tries to recall a tome he once read long ago......


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

Maksim had cold weather gear from the begining, not wanting to be a frozen solid Issian hunter. :)

Maksim completes his preparation by buying 10 days of trail mix from Oleg. Most goes into the saddlebags but he keeps a couple of days worth in his backpack. He pays the five crowns and asks the others if they need to make the purchase if the hunting proves poor.
If allowed of course.

How is feeding the horses handle by you DM Kudos? In real life that was a major problem horses, eat like, well, horses and foraging would greatly cut our speed.

Maksim notices the sky, "Father of Forest's Hand be over us, I've never seens such a strange sky. What can it mean?"

Do not have Arcana or Geography as skills.


Egan bought feed last time they went out so i've been using the horses encumbered movement speed for the parties explorations so far. It gives a better idea of the scale of the area you are exploring anyway and since no one actually has a warhorse the armoured characters probably put them over limit anyway assuming they eeight about what a fully grown human does rather than being jockey sized.

Vael you recall reading in a ancient masters tome about strange weather patterns in area's with close connections to other planes of existance. The luminesence would suggest some magical effect but you could not really hazard a guess at what that effect will be.


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

"...for the veil between worlds was thin and the sky show shone with an eerie luminesence....." Vael recites while looking lost in thought. Shaking his head "It has been too long, I can not remember the rest"


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan looks a little excited. A little worried too, but more excited. I wish our fey friends were with us. They would know if its the feywild that is close, or some other,... place.


Anza Looking worriedly at the clouds, "That looks worse than i imagined, maybe we should turn back?"


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

No need for superstition... onwards, this opportunity may only come once


After a tense breakfast you remount and drive further south, between the area with the faeries and the radish patch without incident. After a hard days riding with few breaks you arrive at a well flowing stream, Anza picks out a clearing surrounded by leafless bushes just starting to show new shoots of life. "We should camp here while you scout the bandits, this stream is a tributary of the river they camp near. I estimate they are around five miles to the south east, probably two hours walk through these woodlands."


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan looks at the sky somewhat in awe. Set us up a good camp Anza. We may have to weather a big storm here. Turning to the others he offers. I have 3 potions of cure Light Wounds I can hand out. Andrej, Vael, and Silve get them. You and I can heal ourselves Maksim, if it comes down to it. And Andrej, you get the potion of Shield of Faith. Use it if you need it. Also, he taps a leather bag strapped to his upper thigh. This is a Chirurgeon's Bag. It contains a healer's kid and a number of alchemical healing helpers. Everything from Blood Block to Smelling salts. It also has another Cure Light potion to be uses as a last resort.

As the group continues to move he reminds them. If Obscuring Mist is cast remember that I can see through it and that you can fire/fight from the edge of the mist with some concealment.


Cleric / 3 (Per:+4, Init+3, HP 18, AC: 14/13/11 F:+3 R:+4 W:+5)

On the way to the bandit camp Maksim does his devotions to Erastil each morning. He keeps his requests for Erastil's favor the same. He'll purify any food and water they find and use along the way. He tries to get to know his companions better, with small comments on home life, to better ease the conversation.

Maksim finds the weather disconcerting and prays to Erastil for his protection all along the way.

At the rough camp near the bandits Maksim replies to Egan, "I've asked Erastil for his favor of calling mists meself, and to Shield one from enemy attack, and to bless all friends nearby. I can call a light, or mend a minor tear. Other than that I can call upon the Forest Father to heal everyone near me a bit, but if the bandits are close they'll be healed as well." Maksim uncases his bow, greases it up, waxes his strings and places a spare string under his hood. "I'm ready to walk to their camp, and do what must be done. As a lord's huntsman I've had to learn to shoot men and beasties while arms-men were fighting them so don't worry if I shoot a bandit while ye are hacking them. Also it's helpful if I fire from 10 paces or less but not needed." Maksim looks about and asks, "Any one need help getting ready?" He'll help anyone with preparations that asks.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan sketched a map of the bandit camp in the dirt one last time. Here is the road, and the creek. And here is the broken wagon they use as bait. Here is where we think their camp is. And here and here we think there are platforms in the trees. What if we approach from the East? The platform on the other side of the road would not be useful to the bandits if we come from that direction.


(HP 7/Current 7/AC 13/T 13/ FF 10/Fort +0 /Reflex +3/Will +3/Init+3/Perc +4/ Male Elf Wizard, Fire elementalist)

"A bold plan Egan, striking right at the heart. We must be careful to not allow ourselves to be surrounded, perhaps I could draw their attention to the northeast, giving you a chance to strike from behind.....stay hiden until you see my signal, then come fast."

Vael pauses for a moment then says"...perhaps one of you more inclined to the mundane arts of combat should come with me...just in case they do not like being burned alive"


Please roll perception, followed by initiative. Carry on rping your plan thought, i'm loving the involvement of the new characters. Keep it up and i'm sorry about the wait.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan shakes his head. Best to stay together and present one front Vael. IF we are able to approach from the East we will not be surrounded. He addresses the entire group. Everyone keep the value of focusing fire in mind. Lets not spread out or damage. They will not be. Their leader back at the trade post called out a focus target to be taken down every round. They are well trained and will use good tactics. We need to do likewise. What buffing spells do we have, other than the bless?

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

701 to 750 of 2,101 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.