Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Kingmaker PbP

Game Master Egoish

Five brave souls attempt to tame the wilderness and forge a kingdom.


451 to 500 of 2,101 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

After an evening of sharing old stories and a night of long boring watches Anza will wake you with a simple breakfast before the sun rises. After giving you an hour to get things together she quickly gets you all moving and begins a wide arching ride around the area you are tasked to map.

Dispite knowing she is somewhere nearby you see her only a handful of times during the morning and then only for a few minutes at a time as she returns to the group to give Andrej of Silva a bearing to follow before disappearing back into the forest with her ink and parchment leaving you to your own devices as you wander through the tall and ancient trees of the forest north of the Thorn River.

As the day whiles away midday comes and goes, a cold morning riding followed by a spares trail lunch and going into what looks to be a slightly warmer but wetter afternoon as light showers begin to patter on the branches of the trees above and around you, the spring growth not yet far enough to cut down the drizzle that slowly covers your gear.

Now the scene is set could everyone make perception checks DC 18


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 13


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sergei is apparently asleep in the saddle.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej looks around constantly, always on guard but seems to be confused by the thick trees and jumbled terrain.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Anyone know where this thing we are looking for is growing? What sort of ground it favours?

The question comes out of the blue from a more or less silent Andrej.

Andrej seems content with the silence for the most part, and willing to let events take a course of their own.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Pleasantly surprised to hear the quite swordsman speak, Silva responds Not I. I am hoping Anza has an idea.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej dismounts and hands the reins over to Silva and then goes to find Anza on foot.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan rides in silence most of the day thinking about his past and how he is both different from and similar to the men he helped hang. Absently he comments to the group This shower seems to have clouded things up some. What did those mushrooms look like again?

Have we seen any mushrooms at all?


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Probably just rode by them - lol


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom seems to have collapsed in on himself staying silent for most of the day.
Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Grand Lodge

Seems we are a party of silent types... I may have to open up and get chatty

Ego, don't be afraid to move things along some and pace it yourself. Somestimes a party takes a while to gel and come together. I am in another 3 PBEMs and if it lags the GM tends to push forward to the next 'scene', including making incidental rolls for the players - after a few shared trials the team finds its own equilibrium


Domitian you can hear a high pitch chittering sound ahead through a stand of trees.


As Domitian pulls up his horse everyone notices the high pitched noise, there would appear to be something through the trees ahead. The noise sounds like conversation but not in a language any of you understand...


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom quickly motions for the others to stop. Pointing to his ears and then the direction of the noise. He then dismounts, and looks to the "Cat foot."


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan reins up and listens closely for a moment, a hand cupped to his ear. Not Sylvan. he confirms, looking somewhat disappointed.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Sergei slides off his horse, points to Catfoot, gestures to the right of the stand of trees and then fades into the undergrowth to the left, trying to circle and get a look at whatever's making the noises.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
and if needed
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej follows Sergei's suggestion and circles right drawing his sword as he moves sliently through the brush.

Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

We are NINJA


You each peer silently through the bushes into a clearing, there are several baskets full of radishes and six kobolds. Surrounded by leftovers they seem to have eaten as many radishes as they have picked and are now laying or sitting around lazily chittering to each other.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan stays and quiet in the saddle, calming sparky with soft strokes waiting for some indication from Andrej or Sergei that its clear or that then need him.

I'll be away from my computer most of the day. I will try to follow any action from my cell phone, but will not have an easy time posting.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Can we get a map? Segei and I have ninja'ed pretty good... want to know the lay of the land


I can make a map but it will be tomorrow after work, if you bust into the clearing swords swinging they won't be able to do much. They are all full of radish.


Map Link not my best work but it lets you see whats going on without me spending hours making it perfect, i wish i knew how to make those white backgrounds transparent.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Check out www.roll20.com - VERY VERY easy to use.

So I take it Seigei and I can start on the map anywhere on the left edge (S) and right edge (A) and the rest on the Sth edge of the map? We could do a pisser of an ambush here and have half down during the surprise round. Sergei can take over for me for the next couple of days as he has a good posting tempo


Since the kobolds are all full and inattentive combined with your great stealth rolls you can circle round and come from whichever direction you wish. Does anyone speak kobold?


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

No kobold here

After waiting a minute to be sure the kobolds aren't likely to suddenly move and to give Andrej the chance to act if he's going to, Sergei slips back to the party and quietly tells them what he's found.
"There's a group of kobolds up there, feasting on radishes. They don't seem to be a threat for the moment, but they're gathering food so there are probably more around."

Know:Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
What's the local take on kobolds? Are they kill on sight threats or can they be dealt with?


The local Kobolds are the Sootscale Tribe, they have been a nuisance to the locals but they are not a threat. They sometimes steal from trappers but rarely get involved in any kind of conflict, you do not know how big the tribe is or any specifics of them but you would guess if you wanted to deal with them rather than fight them they would be reasonable. It's unusual to see them this far north but these moon radishes are probably the reason they came here.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

I believe they speak Draconic, but I don't have that one either. I see no reason to slaughter them, except I don't like leaving possible threats behind me.


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom stands patiently waiting for the others to come back and tell them what they see. He continues to scan the surrounding area for any sign of threats.
Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

But I did come back to tell you what I saw.

"Well, I think we should talk to them. They've eating some of those radishes Svetlana wanted. Maybe we can talk them out of some of them. They'll probably know more about the area too.
Of course, that relies on being able to talk to them. If none of us speaks kobold (or draconic?), maybe one of them knows common.
I can go in, all unthreatening, but I'd like to have the rest of you spread out a little ways back in case they are hostile.
"

Assuming no one objects or has another plan, Sergei will take some of his rations from his saddlebag and head back to the kobold clearing, giving the others a little time to get into position.

Take 10 Stealth = 17
I assume Catfoot stayed watching them, while I reported back.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva readies to head in if Sergei calls for him.


Sergei walks into the clearing and stands there for several seconds before the kobolds even notice him, then as one they begin to struggle to their feet and chitter rapidly reaching for weapons they had left scattered on the floor while they rested.

They all cluster behind a kobold with darker scales and brandish their weapons. The front kobold then seems to enquire "Hazineleri ziyaret eden cin?" in a raising chitter.


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

Sorry to start something and vanish. Life got too complicated for a couple of days to focus.

As the kobolds rise, Sergei stands still, his hands spread open and empty. "I don't suppose any of you speak common?"

If that fails, as I expect it will, he'll gesture to the radishes and, slowly, pull out one of his packets of rations and offer it in trade.


The darker skinned Kobold tilts his head to one side before turning to his companions, he hisses at them sharply and chitters something you do not catch. He then turns back and to your surprise says, "I can little, softscale, what, want?"


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"Oh good," Sergei breathes out in relief. "That makes this easier. To start we're looking for some of those radishes. The lady back at the trading post wants them."

Diplomacy, if you want it: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


The Kobold gestures wildly as he speaks, "These belong Sootscale, feed tribe. You give more food we give you."

Nice diplomacy roll!


Male Human Rogue/1 (Init 7, Per 4, Sense Motive 4, hp 8/8, AC 16/14/13, F 0, R +5, W 0)

"I don't want to let the Sootscale go hungry. I've got some rations I could trade."
Sergei breaks out the packets of rations to show them.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Brevic) 14 Fame 5 Prestige Fighter/4

Andrej stays concealed where he is... waiting to burst out in case of treachery.


The Kobold steps forward gingerly and sniffs at the rations, "Won't feed tribe, smell bad. We need meat."


Male Half-Elf Witch/1 (Per: +7(+9 With Familiar near by) / Init: +4 / HP: 7/7/ AC:12 (16 Mage Armor)/T: 12/ FF: 10/ Fort:+1 Ref:+4 Will:+4 (+2 Vs Enchantments)

Dom crouches listening intently to try and pick up any of the conversation as it plays out.
Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Standing in the saddle Egan peers ahead through the underbrush, trying to discern what is going on.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Brevic) 14 Fame 5 Prestige Fighter/4

Knowing it could go wrong at any moment, Andrej strains his ears for movement around him.

I'd have killed the monsters by now but if he can pull this off?... Maybe we may be able to set up an arrangement where they stay out of our hair all together.

DM can make a percept check for me if needed


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

Silva (without weapons drawn) walks through the brush with his hands up. He motions to himself and begins using motions to tell the kobolds that we would slay a creature for them in trade for the mushrooms. He bows slightly after his performance and begins tracking to find an animal.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


The kobolds react with surprise as Silva moves from the bushes, they hodl their weapons tighter and chitter to each other in their language.

"More softscales, how many? All come see now!" Snarls the kobold before chittering to his companions again. Two kobolds move out of the clearing and the rest cluster around the baskets of radish.


Paladin of Erastil-3/ Init:+1, Perception:-1, AC:18/11/17, CMD:19, HP:28, Fort:6 (11 vs cold), Ref:4, Will:4

There are five of us little one. We are here in peace. We do not want trouble. I would like to bring you fresh meat for your tribe in exchange for the radishes. Maybe we could have a cookout, my people and yours.


M Gnome - Alternalte Racial Traie Pryomaniac Oracle of Fire / 3 (Per: +1 Init:+1 HP 21/21 AC: 20/12/18 F: +1 R: +1 W: +2)

Egan puts his crossbow on his back and urges Sparky forward so that he can be seen. He holds his hand open showing that he holds no weapons.

I fear someone is confusing radishes with mushrooms.


AC17/Touch14/Flatfoot13/CMD 17||HP12/[12]| Fort:+4 ;Ref:+4 ;Wil+1|Percept +1/Sense Motive +1|Init+6 Male Skald Human Fighter (Aldori Archetype)/1 *Favoured Class

Andrej moves to intercept the two fleeing the clearing.

Not sure what rolls if any are required


It might be unwise to attempt to intercept the two leaving the clearing, you look like you were eaiting in ambush anyway and that may cause them to attack.

451 to 500 of 2,101 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ego's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.