Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Kingmaker Campaign - DM_Kudos

Game Master Kudos

Kingmaker Campaign


101 to 150 of 523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

Up on the ledge along the wall the little gnome does his best to sneak in between the palisade and dwarf. Just want a better view of who's coming in.

Stealth > 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Garth tries to squeeze into the space at V11 to get line of sight on the brigand standing in the doorway (V14). If he gets line of sight on him, he fires off a Force Missile.

Force Missile (hits as Magic Missile) > 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The gnome gives a little laugh as the silvery dart smashes into the bandit.


Dwarf HP 11/11; AC 16/15ff/16t; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7 Init +1; Per+9/11stone

How hard it is to just stay still?

Bimbur raises to shooting position and knocks and draws an arrow in one fluid motion in complete quiet taking advantage of cover to stay unseen. Using his training to correct for any problems and take advantage of the shortened range perfect shot/point blank shot , he releases his arrow at the leader when the surprise is obviously blown.
Stealth/Attack/Reroll/Damage 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

"F**k."

Udo's hulking mass waits, seeing if they enter further before acting in any way. Held action.


Khargol tries to be as quiet as possible when the bandits enter the fortress but it appears that the orc has some learning to do.

Jeremiah wants to be stealthy as well but his mistake with the broom gives up his cover. He steps forward and readies himself for a battle as the group of thieves now know that someone else is here and they aren't going to get their wares without a fight.

The leader, now looking around and seeing the party waiting in ambush calls to his men, "To arms! It looks like we will have to show these fools what messing with the Stag Lord means!"

The gnome takes the opportunity to peer around his dwarven friend to "wiggle his fingers a little" and launch a force missle into the unsuspecting bandit below. The hit is solid and makes the fellow side step and double over in pain. When he gathers himself and straightens up he coughs and covers his hand with blood. "Damn you Gnome! Your life ends now!"

Bimbur fires his shot at the leader but misses the man. While he does so with stealth and does not attract much attention, the cover is now fully blown and all are prepping for their fight.

Cover is blown and surprise round over. Ready yourselves for battle!

Init. Order: (with total roll)

Anwel - 21
Khargol - 19
Leader - 18
Richard - 13
Bandit 3 - 12
Bandit 4 - 12
Udoeak - 11
Bandit 1 - 9
Bandit 2 - 9
Garth - 6
Jeremiah - 5
Bimbur - 3

...Anwel sees that the situation has started to turn sour and acts!

The battle continues!


HP 10/10||AC 18/13/15||Init +4||Perc. +6||Ref +4||Fort +2||WIll +1 Human Fighter 1

Readied action :D? Or was I too descriptive in the 'triggers'? If not: here's the attack roll and damage
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

Not a big gripe, but Udo should be large, at the moment. Also, I said that I held my action, so I would like to take it now, since combat has started, and move to S,T 15,16, provoking no attacks of opportunity, as they should still be flatfooted, and moving a total of 50 feet from my current position. I assume I would have my longsword out, seeing as how we were preparing for this.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, this should happen after Richard's shot, from the way that readied actions and held actions work.


Richard wrote:
Readied action :D? Or was I too descriptive in the 'triggers'? If not: here's the attack roll and damage

Your readied action is still valid and I was expecting it. I was just assuming you would make your post like you just did. Not sure of a better way to do that.

Richard's bolt flies true and lands a direct hit on the leader. The damage to him is severe, but he is still standing. Hit has been recorded

Udoeak, please go ahead with what you would like to do. You sword is drawn. If you wish to attack, please do so before the others go.


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

I can still attack? I just double-moved 50 feet. If you really want me to attack, though...

Longsword Attack, U13: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Longsword Damage, 2h: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 4) + 9 = 19

Also, I just realized I'm taller than the 10 foot tall walls.


You're right. I thought for some reason that you growing larger that also increased your speed. My mistake.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3
DM_Kudos wrote:
You're right. I thought for some reason that you growing larger that also increased your speed. My mistake.

You'd think it would matter, but it never seems to work out that way.

Before I take my action, a question: can I reach either square R14 or square R12 as a move action?


Anwel wrote:
Before I take my action, a question: can I reach either square R14 or square R12 as a move action?

You can certainly reach R12 since it's only 5' away. R14 would still be achievable with a move action. I just consider the cart to be more like difficult terrain.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3
DM_Kudos wrote:
Anwel wrote:
Before I take my action, a question: can I reach either square R14 or square R12 as a move action?
You can certainly reach R12 since it's only 5' away. R14 would still be achievable with a move action. I just consider the cart to be more like difficult terrain.

Roger that. I just wanted to make sure, in case you might consider getting out from under the cart equivalent to a move action in and of itself.

Anwel ducks his head to keep it from banging on the lip of the cart, and steps out into the sunlight. The hems of his robe and of his longer tabard are soaked and stained with mucky standing water, and they drip where he steps. Anwel snorts; he can deal with the discomfort, and though he himself had not prepared the spell today Garth could remove the mudstains easily enough. But if Anwel wanted to become invisible and resposition himself, he would still leave a trail for those with eyes to see.

Very well, he thinks to himself. Instead of trying for the subtle approach, Anwel moves to interpose himself between the bandits and Oleg and Svetlana. "Whoever your Stag Lord is," he says, with bravado he does not feel, "His realm ends at the walls of this place. And he will soon see them shrink around him!" Anwel's voice rises toward the end of his challenge, and he segues into a blur of complex syllables and subtle motions of the fingers. "Kaden asta ricinic mrith kluchuduun!" A strangely sombre play of greyed-out hues sprays from Anwel's fingers and assaults the eyes and minds of the three bandits closest to him.

Move to R14, cast Color Spray to hit the leader and the two bandits behind him. They should all make Will saves versus DC 17.


HP 10/10; AC 17/10/17; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4; Init +0; Perception +2

This is assuming the leader is still up during Jeremiah's turn, and within 25 feet. If the color spray incapacitates him, instead targeting the closest mook not affected by it.

Jeremiah's irises begin to shine with a holy flame. His face screws into a grimace as he faces the bandit leader. His hands form complex patterns he doesn't even recognize, though they somehow feel like the right thing to do. With a voice much more brave than Jeremiah feels right now, he declares, "Drop your weapon and submit to Sarenrae's holy light!" Casting command on the leader, to drop whatever he is holding. Will DC 15 negates.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

Khargol swears under his breath as he scratches against the floor of the trading post, easily alerting the bandits in the area to his presence. And then Jeremiah tripping over the bucket removes all doubt of what is going on.

Of course, as soon as it begins, it seems like this fight will be over in short order. If the leader is still standing after Anwel's spell goes off, he charges him. If not, he charges the first bandit he can that was not affected by the color spray.

Khargol dashes headlong across the trading post floor, his tusked maw opening in a bestial cry of battle, for the first time showing the more feral side of his parentage. As he runs forward, he draws the falchion from its sheath on his back, twirling it with practiced skill in his grasp before he raises his left hand to grasp it in both, and when he reaches his target, he brings the heavy curved blade down hard, clearly hoping to simply cleave his foe in half.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
...or not.


As the color spray shoots forth from the hand of the elf, the three men do nothing other than stair into the oncoming barrage of colors and become captivated by what they see. After a brief second, the three men find that their so called "eye candy" is rendering them unconscious.

They all drop to the ground, helpless as the day they are born.

According to spell description, and I could be wrong but probably not, they are all unconscious, stunned, and blinded for 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 rounds.

Map Refresher

This knocks out the leader for his turn in initiative. We now await Khargol's action.

Anwel - 21
Khargol - 19 <---
Leader - 18
Richard - 13
Bandit 3 - 12
Bandit 4 - 12
Udoeak - 11
Bandit 1 - 9
Bandit 2 - 9
Garth - 6
Jeremiah - 5
Bimbur - 3

Jeremiah you may want to adjust what it is you'd like to do when you're up given what happened to the leader.

(Edit: Khargol, since we posted at the same time, and I missed your post, you can redo your action given the outcome of the spell. Your attack roll can be redone since they are all unconscious now)


HP 10/10||AC 18/13/15||Init +4||Perc. +6||Ref +4||Fort +2||WIll +1 Human Fighter 1

I'll post my action now, since I'm about to take a short nap.
On his initiative, Richard will reload and then fire at the bandit that is in W 15, unless Khargol is going to charge past the other and take him out. In which case, I'll attack the other one.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Crit Confirmation and Damage:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
1d10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Dwarf HP 11/11; AC 16/15ff/16t; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7 Init +1; Per+9/11stone

Wow, that elf is fast. He put powerful magic on target before anyone else could act.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

Seeing the three bandits in front drop, Khargol moves forward quickly, knowing there are more around the corner of the wall, he heads directly for the bandit behind the first three, hoping to catch him before he can react to his comrades all collapsing simultaneously.

As he moves, he draws his falchion, speeding his pace as he closes the distance. He releases a bestial roar as he rapidly moves forward on the nearest bandit to him, leaping the body of the unconscious enemy (in U13) and slashing at a downward angle, intending to cleave the bandit in half from his left shoulder to his right hip..or at least, as much of that distance as his strength will allow.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8


The half-orc's swing finds home in the bandit's chest ripping him open and showering those around with blood. He quickly throws his around his chest to stop the flow of blood as he falls down on his knees. He appears to be hanging on to life by threads.

Richard aims his weapon and lets loose the bolt. It travels straight and buries itself in the man's neck. After a desperate and futile attempt to stop the bleeding and hold on to his life, the man falls over and breathes his last.

With the three men unconscious and the other dead (or near death), Oleg and Svetlana turn to each other in joy. They cheer out to the group "Hurray! This will show those men not to come around here anymore. I owe you all so much!"

Well this went quicker than I thought. Since all are pretty much incapacitated (with exception of Khargol's bleeding victim ... but we can see how that is going) I'm going to switch this over to open play.

I will defer to Udoeak and Garth and take their actions first in this open session since they were up next in the list.


HP 10/10; AC 17/10/17; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4; Init +0; Perception +2

Jeremiah moves quickly to the bandit who is bleeding profusely from his chest, not worried any more about whether the man poses a threat. He says to the others, "We should tie those ones up 'fore they come out of their sleep," while laying his hands on the bandit. (Provided he isn't stabbed for his trouble) Jeremiah closes his eyes and, after a second, a light swells out from his forehead and bathes all those in the area. His face assumes a grimace as this occurs.

Channeling energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2
4/5 uses of channel energy remaining.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Anwel surveys the field. Khargol is in among the enemy, who almost to a man lie on the ground at his feet. Udoeak, Jeremiah, Khargol and Anwel have them surrounded, and Richard, Garth, and Bimbur have suffered no challenge to their control of the heights. Bimbur seems to be ogling Anwel; the elf tucks his snow-white hair behind his ears.

"You are welcome," says Anwel to Oleg and Svetlana, not turning around but directing his energy and intention towards them just the same. "But we are not done. Jeremiah is right. These three," Anwel waves his hand at the men his spell had felled, "will soon awaken, and we must bind them before they do. If anyone has rope, I will help you do so."

Anwel kneels by the human who had spoken of the Stag Lord, whose bow seems to be of sturdier make and stronger pull than the others'. His next words are directed as much to the one remaining conscious bandit as they are to his comrades. "I think we should remember that we are to execute unrepentant bandits only. For the penitent, justice takes other forms. If we make these men our prisoners, we should give them a chance to repent and make restitution." Anwel speaks to Oleg and Svetlana again, this time actually turning his head to look at them. "I'm sure their debt to you is not so substantial that it cannot be worked off." He gives a slight smile.


HP 10/10; AC 17/10/17; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4; Init +0; Perception +2

Jeremiah nods inwardly at Anwel's words, thinking, Thank the Dawnflower! I had hoped these folks wouldn't be so brutal as to murder these men while they're down, and it seems my hopes were made true. Dour though he may be at times, I think I'm likin' that elf. Outwardly, he gives an affirmative grunt after Anwel's words to make his feeling on the matter known.


HP 10/10||AC 18/13/15||Init +4||Perc. +6||Ref +4||Fort +2||WIll +1 Human Fighter 1

Richard unhooks the hook from his wall-top mount, dropping the rope to the ground and following suit with a careful jump...
Acrobatics DC15: 1d20 ⇒ 18
...Landing safely before reaching down to untie the rope from the hook.
He'll go from Bandit to Bandit, tying their wrists behind their backs down the line.

"We are in agreement, they shall have the mercy of the law. Though if they give any true resistance, they shall meet the fate of the other two, for the mercy of those they harmed." Richard says affirmatively with a nod towards Anwel.
After he finishes tying up each bandit, he will move to the bodies of the fallen, and attempts to draw his fired bolts.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

Khargol snarls down at the one in front of him trying futilely to stem the flow of blood from the gaping wound in his chest. He begins to raise his sword, intending to finish him, before the cheers of Oleg and Svetlana bring him back to himself.

He draws in a slow, deep breath, calming himself as he removes a scrap of cloth from his backpack, wiping the blood off of his falchion then himself. "Those were the terms of the charter, weren't they?" he responds to Anwel, still facing the bandit before him. As Jeremiah approaches to tend the man's wounds, Khargol drops to his knees, removing the backpack he wears to remove a length of rope from it, cutting a piece off the end just long enough to be used for binding the one in front of him.

With perhaps a little too much roughness, he forces the conscious bandit onto his stomach, letting the rough floor of the fort rub harshly against his chest wound. He then uses his hemp rope to bind the man's wrists behind his back. When finished, he easily forces the bandit to his feet, holding him by his bonds.

Pulling him backwards, the man's back against Khargol's chest, he lifts his falchion, letting the bandit see the large half-orc's face reflected on the blade. He releases a low, menacing growl into the captive's ear before whispering low into it,"Count yourself fortunate that I am so devout a follower of Abadar's precepts, vermin. The only thing that stopped me from using this very steel to end your miserable existence is the very law you so easily flaunt. However...," he pauses, a wicked grin spreading across his face, revealing his sharp tusks,"...should you choose to show your lack of repentance by being...uncooperative...rest assured that the last sensation you will know is the point of my blade piercing your heart."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

With that, he shoves the bandit forward, wanting him in a more central area where he, and the others, may be more easily interrogated.


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

Udoeak leans against his blade, now dug into the earth.

Well, that works, I suppose.

Soon, Udoeak returns to his normal size, right around the time the bandits who were color sprayed would be waking up.

Good morning sunshine, he says to the first to wake up, only a foot or so from his face.

Udoeak's muscles are still incredibly vascular from his mutagen, just so y'know.


Dwarf HP 11/11; AC 16/15ff/16t; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7 Init +1; Per+9/11stone

Bimbur scans out to the horizon for additional threats, scouts, or spies.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
The others mopped them up quickly. Are there others out there?


HP 10/10; AC 17/10/17; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4; Init +0; Perception +2

Jeremiah leaves the interrogation to Khargol, who seems to have it under control. He helps the others tie up the unconscious bandits before they become coherent enough to resist. With that done, he drags the body of the dead bandit out from the front of the outpost and to a suitable spot for burial. He looks over the dead man solemnly for a short while, then thinks a prayer to Pharasma and one to Sarenrae. Finally, he moves back into Oleg's to look for a shovel for a grave.


HP 10/10||AC 18/13/15||Init +4||Perc. +6||Ref +4||Fort +2||WIll +1 Human Fighter 1

Richard stands beside Udoeak as the bandits begin to rouse, a wary eye on the odd musculature of the elf.
"You have been tried and found guilty of things worthy of your demise. You have one chance to redeem yourselves. Repent in the eyes of the law and the gods, and become a productive aspect to the very people you terrorized." Richard speaks with air of command about him, as if he is used to being in this position. "The other option is to set an example to those who follow the same path that you have. Make your choice wisely, my friends seem tense and disappointed."
He chuckles and pats a hand on Khargol's shoulder, and he motions to Udoeak as well.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Anwel accepts a length of rope from Richard, and binds the hands of one of the magicked bandits while the human takes care of the other two. When Anwel is satisfied, he stands up, brushes the dust off his knees, and looks more intently at Oleg and Svetlana. He wants no part in the kind of treatment Khargol and Udoeak apparently have in store for their prisoners, and their presence raises some thorny issues with their guests that no one else seems interested in resolving. "That is correct, Khargol," he says icily to the Abadaran, turning away and walking to the couple. He didn't want to be anywhere nearby when he inevitably lost his head again, like he did when he charged the bandits. Anwel wondered what the bandit would do to provoke him.

"I mentioned that working for you was a possible way for any one of these men to repent of banditry," he says, uncomfortable, looking back and forth between Oleg and Svetlana, not really making eye contact with either for long. "I suggested that without your prior consent, and I'd like to apoligize. If you don't want them here, well, that's that." Anwel wrings his hands, the motion mostly lost in his wide sleeves, but the discomfort showing on his face. "There is another way for even the unrepentant bandits to pay down part of their debt: to claim their property. Most of it should go to you regardless. But I was wondering if I could claim one of their bows. I would give you the one I carry in exchange."


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

From his place on the wall Garth's eyes had widened as he watched everything going on below him. He'd never been in a large battle before and he couldn't believe how quickly it had ended. Got to hit one at least. Glad Green got to pretty much finish him off.

He sees the dwarf looking over the wall into the distance and grabs hold of the wooden palisade. Lifting himself up he does the same. "What'cha looking for out there?"

Perception > 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Dwarf HP 11/11; AC 16/15ff/16t; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7 Init +1; Per+9/11stone

Bimbur turns to Garth speaking so only he can hear,

Garth/GM:
"I was looking to see if others were following or they had a trailing scout to report how things went. But, I don't see anyone else. Let's separate that leader from the others so they can't compare stories and possibly scare the other bandits. Let's bring your acid spray to liven up the show."

Suiting actions to words Bimbur gets a look of fury on his face and storms down to grab the leader, "There are civilians at this post, you will tell me who sent you or there will be h(*& to pay."

Bimbur drags the leader to the closest shed or stable away from the others. The look of uncontrolled fury seems out of character for the stoic dwarf, but you notice when you alone make eye contact with Bimbur, he seems to make a quick wink at you.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

Garth silently follows the dwarf across the yard. Droplets of acid flick from his fingertips as he walks leaving a small trail of steaming marks for the bound bandits to see. Before entering the shed/stable/building with Bimbur he turns back towards Dog and gives a sharp whistle.


Heel > 1d20 ⇒ 13

Dog watches the little two-leg climb down the ladder and walk across the yard with the other short hairier two-leg. He sees his person turn, whistle and look at him before walking inside.

Go find Goat. Got it!

Dog gets up from where he was sitting at the bottom of the ladder and eagerly trots off to find the goat.


Bimbur wrote:
Bimbur scans out to the horizon for additional threats, scouts, or spies. The others mopped them up quickly. Are there others out there?

Bimbur:
For as far as you can see in the early morning light, you do not see any others
Jeremiah wrote:
With that done, he drags the body of the dead bandit out from the front of the outpost and to a suitable spot for burial. He looks over the dead man solemnly for a short while, then thinks a prayer to Pharasma and one to Sarenrae. Finally, he moves back into Oleg's to look for a shovel for a grave.

Upon seeing Jeremiah moving the bandit around, Oleg walks towards him and says,"While we may have our civil justice with these men here, I'd like to make an example of this one." He says pointing to the one that died. "Maybe hang him from my walls! Show all those out in these lands that we are not a place to be tried." An almost sinister smile comes over his face but it is short lived as Svetlana slaps him on the backside of his head. "While I am as angry as you are, I will not resort to barbarianism. Please find this one a home in the ground but do not waste too much time."

Oleg is slightly angered by the hit on the head but comes to understand the woman's words. "You are right. Bury the vermin and lets be done with it."

Anwel approaches the two and offers his suggestion on what to do with these captives. His idea catches the interest of the them as the start to quietly talk with each other. "I do have a few things around here that I could use help with" Svetlana quietly says. "Oh no! If I can't hang these fools from my walls, then I don't want them anywhere near this fort." He turns and looks at Anwel, making sure to speak loud enough for all to hear, "We will keep these men tied up in the barn until our promised guard patrol comes. Restov is going to send men, they just have not arrived yet. Once they are here, we will send them back with the guards. Therefore, until they arrive, they are yours to do with as you will." After finishing he crosses his arms and stairs forward, giving a slight Ha-rumph and putting a sour look on his face. "Oh, and take from them what you will. Leave them naked for all I care."

The group of bandits, now securely tied up, start to awake. They are groggy and seem out of it as they gain some sort of consciousness. The leader seems to be waking up the quickest and says, "RRRAAAAAGGGHHH! What is this? Take off my bonds and fight me like a man! The Stag Lord will not stand for this! My friends will know that I am missing and send others to find me!" He squirms around in his bonds, trying to break free but to no avail.

The one bandit who Khargol scared quite well tries to calm his leader with a "Happs! Quiet! We are in no position to speak let alone barter!."


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

Khargol stands by quietly as he listens to Oleg and Svetlana work out what to do with the bandits, offering no advice or opinion on what should be done with the bandits. He is not the one they have wronged, so it is not his place to pass judgement.

The waking bandits suddenly draw his attention, the leader of the group struggling hardest against his bonds. The other, the one that Khargol himself tied up, speaks to him in a hushed voice, trying to calm the apparent leader down. A slow, wicked grin spreads across the half-orc's face, revealing the short tusks on either side of his maw. He takes a knee in front of the leader, his dark eyes staring intently into the thug's.

"Happs, is it? Who are you trying to threaten, puny human? Look at yourself! One member of your party dead...the other four tied up like pigs. All that's left is to stick you and shove an apple in your mouth, mmm?" he says to the man, lightly brushing the tip of his falchion against Happs' cheek.

He glances momentarily to Oleg, then returns his attention to Happs. "I know not who this 'Stag Lord' of yours is, snake. Nor do I care. What I do care about is knowing where the rest of these friends of yours are hiding. You're right...others will be sent to find you if we sit idlely. Which, I assure you, we will not do. Now...you can do yourselves a favor and give us the information we need, in which case we make sure your 'friends' do not stop you from living long enough to face a Restovian court...we can deliver you back to your Stag Lord and see how he feels about having contemptible, abject failures on his payroll...or we can deliver you to Abadar himself...the choice is yours, Happs. Choose wisely."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


HP 10/10; AC 17/10/17; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4; Init +0; Perception +2

Jeremiah finds Oleg's punishment agreeable. However, he thinks to himself, I do hope that group from Restov arrives soon, if they are going to arrive. Jeremiah goes to the bonded men not currently being interrogated and searches them, looking for hidden weapons first, then for valuables.


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

Udoeak leans against his longsword, intent to see where the interrogation/ intimidation goes.


Dwarf HP 11/11; AC 16/15ff/16t; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7 Init +1; Per+9/11stone

Bimbur says, "Garth and I need a private word with Happs. Khargol, we may need you to hold him."


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

"I think you both can consider the matter a little longer," says Anwel, looking first and longest at Oleg, and then at Svetlana. "Once judgment is passed and these men are sent away, it cannot be undone. They cannot be recalled. Repentance is a weighty matter." Anwel looks back over to where Khargol, Udoeak, and Richard look like they have one of the bandits by the chest or throat, and sighs. "Though the point may be moot." He unslings his bow from his shoulders and hands it to Oleg, then turns away. "Thank you."

Anwel walks away, his face a white, expressionless mask. He lets his arms hang down at his sides. His sleeves fall past his hands, and rustle gently with the movement of his arms and shoulders. He hoped Oleg and Svetlana would reconsider. If they could not forgive the bandits, provided any seek their forgiveness, they might turn on him should they ever learn about his past. To occupy his time, Anwel turns to the pile of weapons and other gear Jeremiah is slowly accumulating from the bandits. He picks up one of the bows – not the leader's, which looked too heavy to pull – and twangs the string experimentally.


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

There's no need for that, Bimbur. I've seen enough of that, and there's no need for it here. I urge you reconsider, for after you have done such things, your soul is hard to recover.

The same sadness as before can be seen in his eyes, and after his spiel, he sheathes his sword, telling Oleg and Svetlana, "I need to go for a quick walk, I'll be back in a minute or so," before heading out the door, and doing exactly as he has said.


Happs looks up at the orc with fear clearly in his eyes. He understands full well now what is in store for him if he does not comply. "Look, I want to tell you, but I would rather rot in the city dungeon before I say. The Stag Lord is not someone I wish to cross paths with. Kill me now and be done with it!"

The other men, now all awake, do not stop Happs while he speaks. All are looking at the ground in despair. They make no fuss or attempts to test their bonds.

...

Oleg looks at Anwel as he speaks. He does not say anything back to the elf, just stands there, arms folded and ponders. Svetlana softly says, "He does have a point. We could use the help and they might face a better life than with the guards." The man still continues to stand and think.

...

Jeremiah looks through all the belongings to the men. When he is complete, he finds:

Happs: Composite Longbow, 20 Arrows, Dagger, Leather Armor, "Special" Silver Amulet, 35 Gold

Bandits (All mentioned are x4): Leather armor, Long Bow, 10 Arrows, Short Sword, 10 Gold


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

Khargol frowns at the cowering human, giving a loud, huffing snort, putting the point of his falchion into the floor of the fort as he stares into Happs' eyes, his own showing not a wink of fear at all.

"Bah..fool! Were you not given a brain for a reason?! Use it! Think! How far is your camp from here? No one there knows your assault on the trading post has failed and it is surely more than a short walk here. No one there knows. You tell us where your base is, we go and stop them from reporting any problem with your raid here. Then it is on their heads. Your Stag Lord, whoever he is, will not know of your failure here. He will not even know where you are."

"And just to convince you of our magnanimous nature, I offer you a bargain. Have you anyone in your base camp that holds meaning to you? A friend? A lover? Someone the Stag Lord would likely use against you or that you do not wish slain? Tell us the location of your base camp and you have my word, no permanent harm will come to them. We will even deliver them back here to you."

Khargol smiles then, the look seeming perhaps a little out-of-place on the half-orc, as he waits to hear Happs' response to the offer.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

Garth sits down cross-legged near where Khargol is interrogating Happs. The gnome absent-mindedly begins flicking small orbs of acid at the bound man.

Acid Splash x2:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

"Seriously Happs. Happs, right? It will be easier to deal with Green here rather than seeing what the dwarf can do with his bow at close range."

Acid Splash:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d3 ⇒ 1

Silent for a few moments as the bandit flinches at the sting of an impending burn. "Or me. At closer range." The gnome chuckles as the glob of acid burns through the leg of Happs pants and sizzles for a few moments against his skin.


HP 10/10; AC 17/10/17; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4; Init +0; Perception +2

Jeremiah looks over to the gnome, not liking what he's seeing. He quiets himself by thinking, It is necessary, I suppose. As I said before, if we can't get the location of the camp, they'll likely assault Oleg's, and this wooden structure would likely burn. When Jeremiah thinks about all that Oleg and Svetlana stand to lose, he's able to quell the part of him that wants to protest. Torture still doesn't sit well in his mind, but if it must be done...

As he finishes gathering the belongings of the bandits (leaving them in their armor) Jeremiah takes a closer look at the amulet Happs had on him. He also takes the coins and gives them to Oleg, saying, "Here, this is likely your coin in the first place."


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

When the third splash of acid lands on Happs' pant leg, Khargol quickly sweeps it off before it can burn the human's skin, wincing slightly as the glob burns momentarily against his hand.

"Now now...let's not resort to physical violence just yet. Our..guest...has not yet responded to my first offer. If a counter-offer is required, there will be plenty of time for it in a few moments." Khargol answers, hoping that brushing the acid off his leg and taking the damage on himself will convince Happs of his sincerity.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Anwel leans on the bow as Garth begins throwing acid at the prisoner. Hmm, he thinks to himself, his eyebrows bunching up. He brings one of his hands up and retouches his hair, making sure it hasn't fallen out from behind his ear yet. The gnome has a talent for torture. It was strange seeing the bouncy, haphazard little man suddenly seeming so methodical. First he shows the prisoner his instruments and what they can do, letting his fear build. Fear quickens the heart, and blood thickens near the skin. Then he uses them. Garth's placement of his acid ball shows he has much to learn. The thigh could be a marvelous pouch of blood, but the top of the muscle was one of the harder, more pain-resistant parts of the body, especially for someone in training. The inner thigh, working up to the loins - there the tissue was soft, and a prisoner would feel pain applied there tenfold.

Anwel shakes his head. He wishes he could forget, that he could be only abhorred by the display instead of this confused mixture of put off and appreciative of Garth's talent. He picks up the bow, holds it loosely by his side - not yet wanting to claim it as his own by slinging it over his shoulder - and walks over to Garth. "Come," he says, "I believe Jeremiah has found something interesting."

Knowledge (Local) to identify the insignia on the amulet: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Happs listens to the words of the half-orc and thinks about it intensely. He appears to be staring at the ground before him but he is deep in thought. When about to make a decision, Garth takes a seat in front of him, slightly hitting him with the acid orbs.

"Ouch!" shouts Happs as the acid starts to burn his skin, "Is this how you are supposed to treat your prisoner? Fine! I will speak so stop it already. Before I say anything though, you must promise me that I can spend my days here at this post. I do not want to rot in the dungeon and I will do what it takes to work off whatever I owe."

The elderly couple hear the man speaking and Svetlana looks directly at Oleg. "So what do you think dear? We should give them the chance..." Oleg does not budge. He stands there and continues to ponder, appearance still not changing. Finally, after a brief moment, Oleg breaks his silence and says, "Fine. We will take you all as "free labor" but if you do not work to my expectations, then I will have you all sent off to the city."

In unison, each of the men give a small sigh of relief. "Ok, the Stag Lord, my ex-leader, has a fortress, south-west of here. About 70-80 miles. Take the Thorn River south-west towards Tuskwater Lake and you will see it." Happs says this with a relief in his voice, almost happy to get this occasion over.

Noticing the people who are investigating the amulet, Happs shouts to them, "Enjoy my amulet. It is given to those who serve the Stag Lord as leaders." Anwel, hearing the man speak of the amulet, and searching through all the knowledge he has of the area, recalls that this piece of jewelry is indeed a symbol for the Stag Lord.

Happy with the outcome of the whole situation, Svetlana says in joy "Well friends, you are always welcome to stay here and rest whenever you wish. We will make sure that these men are taken care of and I'm sure the city patrol will be able to help as well. But I must ask, what will you do now?"

For all the combat and negotiations, you all have earned 150 XP. Also, if you wish to take anything from the bandits, say so and make you mark it down in your inventory


Dwarf HP 11/11; AC 16/15ff/16t; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7 Init +1; Per+9/11stone

"I would like to follow their trail back immediately before it gets cold. We have the initiative, we should take advantage of it."


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

Udoeak just catches the majority of the conversation, about the time the men are sighing, as he comes back.

We can't rush in without intelligence, though. If it turns out that this fortress, as it's been called, is too defensible, we may need to withdraw and think again concerning our plan.


HP 10/10; AC 17/10/17; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4; Init +0; Perception +2

Jeremiah, not knowing how to shoot a bow and already having a dagger, passes on the weapons. To Bimbur, he says, "Indeed we still don't know much." To Happs, Jeremiah inquires, "You said he 'as a fortress. What are the walls made of? How many people are there? Are there any higher-in-command's we should know of, or any who can wield magic? Any special defenses?" Jeremiah allows the others to ask any questions they have about the fort as well. For this sort of thing, the more they know the better.

101 to 150 of 523 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_Kudos - Kingmaker Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.