Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Kingmaker AP - Into the Stolen Lands! (Inactive)

Game Master Haldhin

Running the Kingmaker Adventure Path
(Shared Resources Link)


1,601 to 1,644 of 1,644 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Jhod looks at the masked man with confusion, "I do not know of whom you speak. My lord, Erastil, is frequently represented in material form by a majestic elk. Therefore, we call his holy place the Temple of the Elk."

He thinks for a moment before responding Raxus, "I believe we can handle everything for now. Most of my time is spent in the woods around the Temple, just trying to learn about the forest and its inhabitants. Akiros generally stays at the Temple itself, taking care of it, cleaning up, chopping firewood, and meeting any visitors that wander in seeking aid or refuge. You are, of course, welcome to come and visit for as long as you like. Perhaps you would like to join us on one of our ritual hunts?"


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"I am not a very good hunter. That is why I was taught trapping instead. I would like to try though."


The older druid seems very pleased with Raxus' response, and Jhod nods enthusiastically, "You would be most welcome! All of you would be - teaching people to hunt and live off the land is one of our most sacred duties. I would be honored to provide what little instruction I can!"

Kesten speaks up, "That does sound fun. I used to help my parents with the rabbits, but we mainly just chased them away. Still, I had a tiny little crossbow and my dad gave me some felt covered bolts. They didn't even hurt, but they would surprise you if you weren't expecting it!"

He looks around for a moment, and finally speaks, "So, I've been wondering, have you made any decisions about this new realm you're going to be carving out of the wilderness? What are you going to call it - and do you have a name for the first city you're planning to build?"

He pauses again, then looks directly at Bydar, "And do we need to swear fealty to you now? Is that something you want us to do?"

Sense Motive DC 12:
Kesten seems willing to kneel down and swear an oath, but both Jhod and Oleg stiffen up a bit when he asks the question.

Knowledge (nobility) DC 12:
It is not uncommon for people to take an oath of fealty to their liege lord, but you think, given the independence of the people in the River Kingdoms, such a requirement would be met with quite a bit of disdain, if not outright hostility.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Quote:
He looks around for a moment, and finally speaks, "So, I've been wondering, have you made any decisions about this new realm you're going to be carving out of the wilderness? What are you going to call it - and do you have a name for the first city you're planning to build?"

"A lot of names have been bandied about of late. Each of us having our favorites. I guess we can't put it off much longer. We'll try to have a name in the next day or two at most."

Quote:
He pauses again, then looks directly at Bydar, "And do we need to swear fealty to you now? Is that something you want us to do?"

Bydar, off the top of his head, does not remember the best protocols or even the wording for swearing such an oath in this situation. He'd been prepared to turn his life fully to his goddess. Now? He finds himself a baron. It's a humbling situation, one that could also turn about and become quite heady if one isn't careful. Particularly when he can clearly see the man's willingness to do so. That I have earned such trust....it gladdens me. Yet, I dare not give into vanity.

"In truth," He confesses, "My etiquette on such ceremony is rusty. Furthermore, I'm not sure all that applies to Brevoy should apply here. Indeed, I'm sure SOME things should not. Rather than swear to the baron, I might ask that instead oaths be sworn to follow the rules and laws of our nation IF an Oath should be sworn at all. The crown should stand for something, and be more important than the man who wears it. Those who rule, be it by name of baron or council, should swear to serve the nation we are forming more than the nation should swear to serve them. At least... so it seems to me. I'm sure I have cousins who would go into fits to hear me say it." He smiles at the thought. "And, of course, if we swear to the nation, we really should get a name for it."


Male Aasimar (Peri-Blooded) Wood Elementalist 4

Knowledge (Nobility) vs DC 12: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Krenrath listens mostly. Remembering something he speaks.

"You know oaths are not light things in the river kingdoms or to it's people. No one would like such a requirement, some may even be hostile to the idea. It may be because it steps on their freedom or could be no likes to be considered an oathbreaker for something so open ended. Maybe I should study it."

He starts to ramble off topic and more to himself over time. Getting into the social graces of river elk, who as everyone should know have no need of oaths.

Open spoiler, ignore his ramblings. ;)


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Good to have someone versed in River Kingdom etiquette. Thank you, Krenrath. Feel free to study it, of course, but I'll have to do the same out of necessity." He watches Krenrath rattle on about river elk curiously. Odd fellow. But then I guess we're all odd in our way.


Female Bard 4 {HP 30/30; AC 17, T 13, FF 14; F+2 R+7 W+5/+6 vs. fey; Init+3 Perc+8} {Effects: none}

DC 12 Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
DC 12 Knowledge (nobility) check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Arianna hugs both Svetlana and Oleg at the news of the impending birth of their first child. Then she gives Raxus a hug at the news of Dawn's puppies.

Arianna carefully studies Kesten and the others when the guardsman offers to swear fealty to Bydar, and listens intently to the new baron's response. The silver-haired woman nods in agreement with the masked newcomer's assessment of the situation. "He's right. After all, we wouldn't want to offend the people of our new nation before we've even chosen a name for it," she says light-heartedly.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Yes, offense is for when tax time rolls around," Bydar says with a rueful chuckle.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Seeing they may not have a chance for much talk as a group later, Bydar inquires, "Are there any last minute suggestions to the naming of the soon to be capital and our new nation? On one hand, it seems a minor matter, but on the other, well, we all care too much to name things lightly I suppose."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus' eyes go wide as Arianna hugs him. He seems completely paralyzed, not even managing to breathe. The big man who has stood face to face with overgrown insects, corrupted bears, tatzlewyrms, giant wolverines and the Stag Lord himself was seemingly brought low by the affections of a woman half his size.

He quickly glanced around at all the other men as she let go, his heart hammering in his chest. He was shaking. He waited for a long moment then slowly and clearly said "I have no claim. I will not fight. I am sorry."

He lay his hook on the ground and slowly stood up. He was terrified.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar is caught off guard by Raxus' comment, "No claim to...?"


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus seemed just as confused as Bydar. His eyes flicked towards Arianna, but he didn't quite look at her. He simply stood there, waiting for something, trying to maintain his stoic mask.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar's brow is often raised, for his allies are a source of great surprises from time to time, this time, it rises again as he tries to surmise Raxus and the reason for his terror. One thought comes to mind, but he's almost sure that can't right. Can it?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Aasimar (Peri-Blooded) Wood Elementalist 4

Krenrath suddenly snaps his fingers with surprising force and sound.

"Mr. Jhod if you like elk's you may wish to meet Suro. He is very proud but with good reason. His rack has grown larger then any season pass. No doubt he will mourn greatly when he sheds them. Still if he likes you, you may just convince him to part with them upon their fall."

It is unsure if Krenrath is covering for Raxus or was not paying attention. His mask gives away nothing.

^.^


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Sense Motive DC 10:
Raxus is convinced he's going to have to fight one of his friends, he doesn't want to, and it has something to do with Ari.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Raxus was raised by Ogres. Everything he knows about displays of affection, he learned from them. Among them, he was the smallest.

Sense Motive DC 20:
To Raxus, Ari's affections toward him constitute a threat to anyone else who might be interested in her. He *never* initiates affection toward females. He is careful to keep his distance from them. Clearly, this behavior is a concious choice stemming from how he was raised.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar takes a breath, not sure if being open about this will embarrass his friend more, or help end his discomfort quicker. He gently says, "Raxus, signs of affection vary a great deal among many cultures. For many, a hug from a lady is just a way she shows friendship and empathy. And there's no worry about any fighting here. The rules are different than what you maybe used to."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus just seems more confused. He gives a sort of half-shake of his head, the movement interrupted by whatever is swirling around in his head.

He glances at Ari, then back to the rest, deliberately avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"I know that. I just do not want any of you angry with me because I accepted affection from someone who was claimed by another. I do not want anyone to think that I let my size convince me that I deserve to claim any woman I choose."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}
Raxus Half-blood wrote:

Raxus just seems more confused. He gives a sort of half-shake of his head, the movement interrupted by whatever is swirling around in his head.

He glances at Ari, then back to the rest, deliberately avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"I know that. I just do not want any of you angry with me because I accepted affection from someone who was claimed by another. I do not want anyone to think that I let my size convince me that I deserve to claim any woman I choose."

"Oh. My apologies for misreading something then... though never would I think you'd ever act so just because of your size, my friend." I am now totally confused. Who has claimed Ari? or for that matter, who does he think claimed Ari? Ah well, the answer to that is likely none of my business, though if she's found someone I wish her happiness.


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

Back from Camping
sense: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"Raxus is thinking more along a tribal system, with Arianna being claimed by "someone" and that her hugging him threatens the claimer's position and thus a fight would start."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"Nothing good ever comes of possessiveness of another person unless it's a mutual claim of hearts," Bydar states aloud. His tone is a bit odd for a moment.

Sense Motive 15:
Definitely wistful, sad, as if he knows from a personal experience


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Missing a few subtle queues from Bydar replies.
"Your referring a to a mutual love and respect of a couple to one another?"


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar inclines his head, "Something like that, yes." He looks to Raxus, "And, Raxus, let me know if you want to discuss Shelyn's views on love later. She is, after all, the goddess of love."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus seems relieved, but still not really sure if Bydar's words ring true for everyone. "Human males do not fight over females?"


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}
Raxus Half-blood wrote:
Raxus seems relieved, but still not really sure if Bydar's words ring true for everyone. "Human males do not fight over females?"

"Some do, yes, but just because some do, does not make it right. The woman in question has choices as well."


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

Bridgette adds to Bydar's words
"No one owns another and thus everyone can choose what to do, what to like, What to own.
The only exception would be someone who is a slave.
Which happens to be a horrible practice."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}
Bridgette Etna Asta Valerius wrote:

Bridgette adds to Bydar's words

"No one owns another and thus everyone can choose what to do, what to like, What to own.
The only exception would be someone who is a slave.
Which happens to be a horrible practice."

"Indeed, an offense to River Kingdom natives as well as all here. Slavery being outlawed is something else we all agree on."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

"I've heard that word before, but I don't know what it means. Some sort of captivity?"


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

"It is treating a person as property, buying them, selling them, working them without recompense and with no gain to themselves." Bydar explains, "Unlike a prisoner, who is in chains or servitude to be punished or to make amends, a slave has done no crime to deserve such treatment."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus nodded slowly. "My mother was... that. For mating."

"Ogres take who they want. The only ones who are free are the strongest. the rest are slaves, or servants. When one wants another's property, there is a fight. Females are fought over often. Many females encourage it. There is prestige to being owned by the strongest."

"I think it is better not to be owned. I would fight for what I love, but I will not fight for someone else's jealousy."

"My mother used to say that jealousy is the opposite of love. It is one person's desires being put above another person's right to make their own choices. Like slavery."

He looked at Ari. "I did not want someone to be angry because you were being nice to me."


Oleg and Jhod have watched the interaction with concern, though Jhod definitely seems more relaxed. Kesten's face has become a neutral mask, he has all the appearance of a soldier who is coiled and ready to act, though holding himself in reserve if his intervention isn't needed. Seeing Raxus calm down, Kesten slowly releases a breath, rolls his shoulders back, and allows his posture to slacken as he sinks back into the chair.

Jhod finally speaks up, "Raxus, what they say is correct, as are you about the ogres. They live the way they do because all they know is savagery and strength. That is one reason why our kind has so many fights with the ogres and others like them."

"The difference is that we sometimes talk to solve problems without violence. Your actions here, and your words, have shown us all beyond any doubt that you truly belong here among us. Your mother was a wise person to give you such advice, and you have shown the strength of your heart by remembering what she said and deciding to live by it. We are all happy and lucky to have a friend like you."

He looks around the room, "Bydar is right. Slavery is viewed very harshly in the River Kingdoms. Nearly a third of the people who make their home here have escaped from bondage. You will gain many supporters among the common folk if you are willing to forcefully stand up to those that try to enslave others. Many Lords and Kings pay lip service to it, only doing enough to not cause a revolt, but few are really committed to providing true freedom for the people living under their fist. Something to remember when the time comes to determine how you will rule your lands."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus smiles, a little overwhelmed. He doesn't say anything, maybe for fear of opening the emotional floodgates he tries so hard to reign in. Instead he just swallows back the knot in his chest and nods.


Jhod looks over at the masked Kenrath, "Now then, what were you saying about this Suro? Is he an elk?"


Male Aasimar (Peri-Blooded) Wood Elementalist 4

Krenrath nodded as if everything else had not happened in front of him.

"Indeed. I believe the proper term is Megaloceros. They are more commonly known as great elks or giant elks. Not that those names are completely true but I will not bore you with such details of correct names and such."


Jhod nods at the term, indicating he is familiar with the creatures. "I would enjoy meeting him, thank you for the invitation."

He looks around at the rest of the group, "Now, I believe the matter of what to call this new realm had come up for discussion. Which also brings another question to mind - how exactly do you plan to govern?"

Jhod faces Bydar, "As Baron, it is your right to rule, but while that might be a legal truth, what does your heart tell you to do? An especially interesting question for a man dedicated to the Goddess of the heart, no?" He smiles warmly, for he does not mock Bydar, he seems to simply be interested in hearing what the plans are for this new land.


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar returns the smile to Jhod, "Truth to tell, Jhod, I think my goddess is asking me much the same question. First, let me assure any and all here that while I DO hope Shelyn's church prospers here, it is my intent that all goodly religions be encouraged and only the darkest ones stymied. So there will be no official state religion, much as I might be tempted otherwise. I hope to make this barony a beautiful one, without sacrificing the already existing beauty in its natural wonders. But with war at our doorsteps, and things so uncertain, I must also deal with matters practical."

He takes a breath, "This council must be formalized, duties specified, and a balance of powers, or at least as close to one as possible, be achieved. There must be a contract with the people, laws set to serve them that will keep the descendents of the liberators from becoming tyrants to nation in the future. Power is too tempting, so it is best to spread it among the circle of the council. Make no mistake, we cannot be mired so much in bureaucracy that we become immobilized, but I still think precautions against corruption should be woven into the very foundation of this new nation."

"Other precautions must be taken as well," He states, "We've all spoken of wars blooming about us, like weeds that would cut off the budding rose we've so carefully cultivated. While the outpost has been home for many, it is the fortress of the Bandit Leader that we shall build the first true city about. Defense is too important at this juncture to ignore the opportunity that fortress brings. This some of you knew, but think on what it means for a moment. Many will not want to leave the homes they've made near the outpost, and I respect that, but the seat of power won't be here anymore and that bears mentioning. Temples will be built up, for beyond the spiritaul wellbeing, if war comes, we'll need a few healers as well as warriors. This will take resources, and that normally means taxes, which I'm sure will make some recoil. Respecting the traditions of the River Kingdoms, we shall not toll rivers or bridges or hinder any trade, though our new nation reserves the right to restrict certain materials that might be harmful, drugs that enslave a man, cursed or unholy objects or the like. The priority of all taxes that are collected should go to new buildings, roads, and bridges. We should also take care to continue our policy of replacing what we take from the forest, not just to further befriend the fae, though that is of import, but because despoiling this land of its beauty will cheat our children's children."

He considers, "more comes to mind, but unless you wish to ask about something specific, I hope that lets folks know where my mind and heart are at."


HP: 40/40 AC: 17:13:14 Saves:6:5:5 Init: 2, Dip+11 Per: +11 SenMot +9

"Well said, Bydar.
I could have not said it better myself."


Female Bard 4 {HP 30/30; AC 17, T 13, FF 14; F+2 R+7 W+5/+6 vs. fey; Init+3 Perc+8} {Effects: none}
Raxus Half-blood wrote:

Raxus' eyes go wide as Arianna hugs him. He seems completely paralyzed, not even managing to breathe. The big man who has stood face to face with overgrown insects, corrupted bears, tatzlewyrms, giant wolverines and the Stag Lord himself was seemingly brought low by the affections of a woman half his size.

He quickly glanced around at all the other men as she let go, his heart hammering in his chest. He was shaking. He waited for a long moment then slowly and clearly said "I have no claim. I will not fight. I am sorry."
He lay his hook on the ground and slowly stood up. He was terrified.

Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Initially confused by Raxus' reaction, the realization slowly dawns on Arianna that it may have something to do with the large man's upbringing.

Raxus Half-blood wrote:

He glances at Ari, then back to the rest, deliberately avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"... I just do not want any of you angry with me because I accepted affection from someone who was claimed by another. I do not want anyone to think that I let my size convince me that I deserve to claim any woman I choose."
Bridgette Etna Asta Valerius wrote:
"Raxus is thinking more along a tribal system, with Arianna being claimed by "someone" and that her hugging him threatens the claimer's position and thus a fight would start."

Arianna nods slowly in understanding at Bridgette's insightful explanation.

Raxus Half-blood wrote:
He looked at Ari. "I did not want someone to be angry because you were being nice to me."

"Don't worry, Raxus. No one owns or claims me," Arianna says gently. "And if they tried, they'd be in for a rude surprise," she adds in an icily serious tone, leaving no doubt that such an encounter would not end well for the hypothetical target of the young woman's ire. "You are my friend, Raxus, and if someone ever has a problem with me being nice to you, then they will answer to me."


Half-ogre Barbarian 4 HP 49/49, DR 2, AC 14, FF 14, Touch 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +1, Will +0, Rage rounds 12/12

Raxus hesitates, then kneels and slowly gives the tiny woman a very gentle hug.


Female Bard 4 {HP 30/30; AC 17, T 13, FF 14; F+2 R+7 W+5/+6 vs. fey; Init+3 Perc+8} {Effects: none}

Arianna returns Raxus' hug with the tightest squeeze she can manage. (With her Strength of 10, he'll probably barely notice it!)

Bydar wrote:
Bydar's excellent speech concludes: He considers, "More comes to mind, but unless you wish to ask about something specific, I hope that lets folks know where my mind and heart are at."

"It sounds like your mind and heart are in the right place, Baron," Arianna says with a happy grin. "Sounds like we need to get to work!"


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar would have smiled at Raxus and Ari's hug exchange. If all the world were so like these, it would be a better place.

Bydar wrote:
Bydar's excellent speech concludes: He considers, "More comes to mind, but unless you wish to ask about something specific, I hope that lets folks know where my mind and heart are at."
Quote:

"Well said, Bydar.

I could have not said it better myself."
"It sounds like your mind and heart are in the right place, Baron," Arianna says with a happy grin. "Sounds like we need to get to work!"

"Thank you both for saying so." Bydar inclines his head, "And yes, work awaits us all."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar turns to Krenrath, "While the matter of naming is settled, when you came, you said Arumil had passed the matter of his place over to you. Does this mean you are also versed in the arcane, or even a practitioner?"


Male Aasimar (Peri-Blooded) Wood Elementalist 4

Krenrath stared at Bydar, his mask unmoving.

"I am a wizard, was that not apparent. I specialize in another field of magic granted."


Male Human Cleric 4 (HP 27;AC16,T11,FF15; F+6,R+3,W+9; Init +1; Perc +3){Effects:none}

Bydar is not surprised given Arumil's words to him before he left, "Your advice in matters arcane will be greatly welcome in the future."

And since the DM told me to go with it if i liked...
Some more discussion of names comes up, many good ones coming about and a few just a tad odd I imagine some of the NPCs might throw in ones that would have the rest of us baffled ;) but finally Bydar advises they be put on slips of paper, and then lots drawn. Such methods are spoken of in myth and legend. No doubt some will place a few bets on the side, which Bydar will pretend not to notice. Prayers for chance to be kind are made, and then the names are drawn.

He smiles as he reads the fortress city name, "The city we hope to build with Riverwatch as its heart is Corbenic. I'm told it means place of Ravens, or Raven's Roost. Ravens are often messengers in stories, let us hope we bear this land good news."

Another lot is drawn, and Bydar smiles, "The name of our new nation shall be Tir Rhyddid... the meaning of that? Land of the Free. May it remain so always." Bydar holds the piece of paper up with pride.


New Gameplay thread here. I've also moved the Discussion thread, so after posting in Gameplay, please make sure you can still see the OOC thread too.

1,601 to 1,644 of 1,644 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker AP - Into the Stolen Lands! Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.