Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Kingmaker

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Bold and just adventurers exploring and settling the Stolen Lands.
Now at the beginning of vol. 4 - Blood for Blood


4,101 to 4,150 of 5,438 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Not campfires, Servayn. I'm gonna go with your second option: 'Something unwholesome belching forth'. And I can tell you, as bad as it looks to us now, is nothing compared to what it would be like if we were there. And if you look down there," he points, "where the beach meets up with the cliffs, there's an opening. That foilage blocks it a bit but I can see it." He points to his eye, winking. "And there's also that. About 60 feet up, look." He points to the side of the tower. "That 'overlook' type thing in the side of that beast of a tower... there's a stone door along the far wall." He turns to him, grinning. "Which takes us to our next question, fellas." Kriger glances around at them all, "Where to first?"


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

"The lower opening, I think. I'm not feeling up to a tower climb, after a 10 mile trek uphill..." Servayn says, giving a cursory look to the distant locations that Kriger is pointing out, whether he can make them out or not.

Ember just pulls his lips back, revealing his fangs, in an expression of contempt. His head moves back and forth, as he looks at the tower, seeking the uppper entrance, and his wings rustle, revealing his willingness to explore the higher entrance.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim just nods in agreement with the decision on the lower opening, wary of the evil the Nomen believe to dwell here, but glad to be away from Providence and the mantle of authority he bears there.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

"You have keen eyes, Kriger. To the bottom it is then."


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

You make your way down to the beach. In front of you, the limestone tower looms a hundred feet high. At your feet, the dark pool extends forty feet to the beach at the foot of the monolith.

The sun is setting behind the mountains as a crow is heard in the distance, welcoming the darkness.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim, bow drawn back and ready to shoot anything that comes out of the water, approaches the edge of the dark pool and senses below the surface for anything that is anathema to his lord.

Detect evil on the pool.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Kalsgrim:
Kalsgrim shifts his focus to sense evil intent, but the waters of the lake remain still and without intent.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Is the pool such that we can go around it to get to the base of the tower? Or does it surround the tower like a moat and we'll have to wade/swim to get to it?


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

It surrounds the tower.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

And it's getting dark...


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

"Well, we still have the folding boat that could get us across. The question is, does it make a difference if we go now or wait until daybreak? If we wait, where do we pass the night?"


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

Such a lake might harbour strange guardians. Let us find somewhere to rest and strike out in daylight.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

"Waiting for daylight makes sense." Servayn agrees. "Pushing on after a full day's travel may leave us at the disadvantage."


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Sounds like a plan. Let's set up shop and get back at it in the mornin'." Kriger looks around for a good spot before breaking camp.

Survival: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

There is nothing but staircases, running for miles, so you set camp right at their end, about a mile from the lake.

How do you set up watch?


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"I guess here will do. One of you fellas take first watch. Whichever one of you that is, don't forget to wake me in a couple o' hours."

Anybody for the first couple of hours, then Kriger for the rest of the night. Along with whoever wants to be on watch with him. No matter either way.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I will happily take the first watch in contrast with 3.5, clerics get their spells at the alloted time as long as they do the hour of meditation. and make my obeisance to the Dawnflower at dawn.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

So, how about:
1st Malaswyn.
2nd Kriger.
3rd Kalsgrim.

With Servayn sleeping the night?

Sadly, with his relatively weak perception, I think Kalsgrim is our weak link on watches.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn is willing to take last watch, so that he can call up Ember to join him. Between the two of them, their Perception checks aren't terrible. +8 for Servayn, +7 for Ember.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

After 2 hours, Kriger takes watch with whoever else the rest of the night. Ring of sustenance and all that. :)


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Secret Rolls:

Phase: 1d5 ⇒ 3
K: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
SE: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (2) + 28 = 30

The Lords of Frieland set up camp at the edge of the staircase. Darkness comes quickly in the mountains and a half-moon takes a while to rise above the eastern mountain wall. Clouds move and cast shadows on the dark-and-stars blanket covering the sky.

Kriger:
You saw a shadow that moved faster than a cloud on a mountain wall, near Servayn's sleeping body.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Kriger quickly moves toward Servayn, his axe drawn as he looks to see if he can make out what the shadow might be.

Hopefully, not a Shadow. :P


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Secret Rolls:

K: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
SE: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Kriger moves through the dark, only to see a dark shape bent over Servayn. In horror he watches the dark cloud spring long grey claws. With limbs of ash and claws of night it lashes at Servayn's face.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 201d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d6 ⇒ 1

Servayn wakes in panic as he feels his skin lacerated, and his soul torn from inside. The dark cloud hisses as the ranger gets closer.

Servayn, -5 hp, Fortitude save DC 17 or -1 wisdom.
Kriger can have a standard action in the surprise round. He's close enough to attack. Servayn is awake and can act round 1. The others are, for now, asleep.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"CRAP! Sorry, Servayn! I couldn't tell what it was!" Kriger brings his axe up high, "BURN!" and attempts to bury his flaming blade within it.

Attack #1: +1 Flaming Greataxe w/PA: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Missing terribly as usual, "Aw crap."

Intiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Initiative Rolls:

Kalsgrim 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Servayn 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Malaswyn 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Initiative Order:
Group 1: The Soul Eater
Group 2: All of you

Round 1: The Soul Eater
The cloudy abomination lashes again with its claws at the summoner. Prone and surprised, Servayn stares into a cloud that bears no eyes, its only anatomy made to claw his soul away.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 221d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d6 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 271d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 31d6 ⇒ 5

The claws do little damage, but something breaks in Servayn every time they draw blood...

(-5 hp to Servayn, two Fortitude saves DC 17 or -1 and -5 wisdom.)


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Fort save 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Fort save 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Fort save 3 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

currently down 6 wisdom, having only resisted the first attack

Servayn feels as if the world has been torn away and is hanging ragged around him in fluttering strips, all confusion and incomprehensible.

He reaches for the heavens above and calls upon a lantern archon to appear directly behind the form before him.

Lantern Archon has AC 15 and 17 hp. Aura of Menace requires immediate Will save DC 12 or suffer -2 to attacks, AC and saves for 24 hours (immune for 24 hours if save is made), which may help the Lantern Archon to hit the creature and avoid it's Attack of Opportunity...

Light ray 1, ranged touch, +2 for flanking with Servayn 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 damage bypasses all DR 1d6 ⇒ 2
Light ray 2, ranged touch, +2 for flanking with Servayn 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 damage bypasses all DR 1d6 ⇒ 4
confirming possible crit 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 crit damage if applicable 1d6 ⇒ 6

It's firing ranged touch attacks into melee, so it will provoke an AoO from the beastie. If the beastie is incorporeal, the light rays probably have a 50% miss chance or do half damage or whatever the heck incorporeal does to magical non-Force/ghost touch attacks.

As the archon attacks, Servayn pauses a second, and then scrambles back a pace. 5 ft. step, farthest he can go without provoking an AoO


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Servayn, using a spell-like ability draws an AoO. Also, you are prone, so no 5-foot step. And you hold nothing since you were sleeping... Just confirm on the SLA and AoO (I checked d20pfsrd's table for the SLA drawing an AoO).


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Can one withdraw while prone? If so, Servayn will change his action to attempting to crawl away, since he literally can't do anything else without provoking an AoO. If not, he'll attempt Total Defense.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim grabs up his bow and stands, eyes scanning the dim light for the assailant.

Move action to stand, move to ready bow.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Yes, you can withdraw with a double move. I don't think summoning is a bad idea though. It's risky is all. Crawling won't get you very far from the thing.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9
Other Mastermind wrote:
Yes, you can withdraw with a double move. I don't think summoning is a bad idea though. It's risky is all. Crawling won't get you very far from the thing.

If you think it's a better idea and that crawling is a waste of time, he'll go with the summoning above then. I've already done the rolls, so that will save time. As long as the attack of opportunity doesn't knock him down and end the summoning before it happens, it should be fine.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Seeing Servayn seemed to have the life sucked out of him quickly, Kriger scowls at the creature as he brings his axe up and swings even harder at the creature.

Ranger focus vs. Soul Eater

Attack #1: +1 Flaming Greataxe w/PA: 1d20 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 4 = 27
Damage w/PA: 1d12 + 13 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 13 + (3) + 4 = 27

Attack #2: +1 Flaming Greataxe w/PA: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 4 = 25
Damage w/PA: 1d12 + 13 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 + (2) + 4 = 20

The d6 is fire damage


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Round 1 - Servayn and Kriger
Servayn feels as if the world has been torn away and is hanging ragged around him in fluttering strips, all confusion and incomprehensible.
He reaches for the heavens above and calls upon a lantern archon to appear directly behind the form before him.
The darkness standing between Servayn and the heavens lashes at him as he tries to set off his spell.

Secret Rolls:

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 291d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 51d6 ⇒ 5

The claw strikes again, lacerating the skin, and draining him of his soul. (-5 hp to Servayn, Fortitude DC 17 or -5 wisdom)

The archon fires at the darkness, on of its rays missing, but the other one disappearing in the darkness. (Servayn does not threaten since he has no weapon, plus its a range attack, so I don’t see how it could count as flanking. May be there is something I’m missing...

Servayn then manages to crawl just out of reach of it.

Seeing Servayn seemed to have the life sucked out of him quickly, Kriger scowls at the creature as he brings his axe up and swings even harder at the creature. Both cuts dig deeply, thinning the darkness. It shrieks in anger at the ranger.

Kalsgrim and Malaswyn wake up, startled, reaching for weapons, but all they see is a darkness receiding into the night, disappearing between the stars.

All goes quiet.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Fort save, DC 17 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Huh, imagine that, I was sure he was gonna go unconscious there...


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"What the frakkin' crap was that thing!" Kriger asks as he scans the area intensely, ready to strike again in case it reappears. "Hopefully it's dead. It sure sounded dead but I have no idea what that thing was or what it's capable of. How you holdin' up, Servayn?" He asks him as he continues to look around.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

"What was that!"

I peer into the receeding darkness, than listen carefully to whatever description Servayn and Kriger might make knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23.

That only really helps if it is undead.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Knowledge - local or religion, both the same +4 to the check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"Whatever it is, it's claws did more harm to my spirit than my body." Servayn says, finally able to draw a wand and get to his feet. "I feel... thick, murky, like I've drunk all the ale in the world."

The lantern archon zips off into the night in hot pursuit, taking double moves or the Run action as necessary, slowing to fire it's light rays off into the darkness if it's target comes into range.

fly speed 60 ft. (perfect), 2 light rays per round as ranged touch +3 with 30 ft. range and 1d6 damage.

Sorry about all the mechanical errors, with the flanking and AoOs and stuff. I blame it on old age!


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The archon quickly loose sight of it but continues its search. When it's back, the dark cloud is clearly no longer around. It reports having last seen it in the direction of the monolith.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn thanks the archon for it's assistance, and asks if it has any healing abilities before dismissing it. It doesn't, but Servayn wouldn't necessarily know that, since he's not well-versed in such matters.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

"Malaswyn, can you help him?"

Kalsgrim continues to search the darkness, watching for any return of the strange phantom.

Make sure you all check the ooc thread when you can!


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3
Kalsgrim Lodovka wrote:

"Malaswyn, can you help him?"

Kalsgrim continues to search the darkness, watching for any return of the strange phantom.

Make sure you all check the ooc thread when you can!

Ooh, nice.

As it isn't sunrise yet I should be able to spill the previous day's spells before then.

But, I have no restoration spells memorised, so any wisdom drain will have to wait until sunrise.

healing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
healing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
healing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
healing: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
healing: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12
healing: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 5) + 6 = 19
healing: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 = 9
healing: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 = 15
healing: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1, 3) + 6 = 16
healing: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 7, 3) + 6 = 20
healing: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3, 4) + 6 = 16

My healing is empowered so these are actually 16, 21, 21, 10, 18, 28, 13, 22, 24, 30, 24

227 points of healing, and I have channels left.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (97/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2
Servayn Krolz wrote:
"Whatever it is, it's claws did more harm to my spirit than my body." Servayn says, finally able to draw a wand and get to his feet. "I feel... thick, murky, like I've drunk all the ale in the world."

Kriger turns his attention to him and grins, "Well at least it's a good feeling! HA! HA!"


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Dawn comes in shades of pink as the mountains stand between you and the sun. All is quiet but for the steady flow of water around the small island on which stand the limestone monolith.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

"Servayn, do you think you are okay to go forward today after that, that thing last night?"


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I can cast restoration but it requires 100gp in diamond dust. Alternatively, I can use up most of my level 1 slots on lesser restoration


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

One lesser restoration for now might suffice, combined with the 1 ability point that comes back overnight.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 85/85, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim, his brow knotted with concern, nods to Malaswyn. "Do what you can, please. I don't want to spend another night here if we don't need to."

He stands and looks to the dark citadel. "Kriger, do you still have that boat box? It would help us clear the moat. Do you see a good place to set in on the other side?" Kalsgrim eyes are narrowed as he strains to see the details that leap out to his trusted guide.


Male Elf Cleric 10: AC 24, Hit Points 57/57, Perception +17, Initiative +3

I pray over Servayn, appealing to Sarenrae to grant him her blessing.

lesser restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 3

and again

lesser restoration: 1d4 ⇒ 3


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Thanks!

"The fog has lifted. I felt like it was still tugging at me, somehow, and I was falling, but now the sensation has passed. Thank you, Malaswyn, and your patron."

4,101 to 4,150 of 5,438 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SdF's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.