Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Kingmaker

Game Master Dreaming Warforged

Bold and just adventurers exploring and settling the Stolen Lands.
Now at the beginning of vol. 4 - Blood for Blood


3,501 to 3,550 of 5,828 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

"I'm afraid that was Lukasz bailiwick. I know almost nothing of the deeper mysteries of the arcane." Servayn admits.

When the morning comes, Servayn performs his ritual to call forth Ember, and the creature materializes from the flames with fully formed wings, no longer stunted. His teeth and claws, formerly glossy black, now smolder as if lit from within by some volcanic force.

Ember seems very pleased with his new growth, and takes to the air, refusing to help carry gear to the horses, while enjoying the sensations of flight.

Servayn, on the other hand, does what he can to secure the new acquisitions to the horses, as well as the heads of the trolls, to bring back to show the people.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2
Davor Mason wrote:
"This statue appears to be non-magical, but I wish to bring it with us. Do any of you have objections to me keeping hold of it?"

Kriger shrugs. "Fine by me."

As Servayn calls forth Ember, Kriger notices a dramatic change. "What the...?!" Kriger's a bit taken aback at the sight. "Looking good there, Ember! Like the wings!" Kriger gives him a thumbs up.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

You make your way slowly back to Providence. It feels as though the temperature is dropping a bit every day. As you approach the capital, curious farmers salute you and thank Erastil for keeping you safe. News spread faster than you to the town, and most of the townsfolk await you in the town square. Merriment ensues as bards take the stage and have everyone dance to their Brevoyian tunes.

Funnily enough, Grigori is nowhere to be found...

The next day, after recuperating from twenty days of wilderness, epic battle and last night’s party, you start making sense of the loot you brought back. With the help of Corso and Lukasz, you figure out the full content of what was brought back:

  • +1 Spellstoring Longspear
  • +1 Feybane Composite Longbow
  • +1 Flaming Greataxe
  • +1 Grayflame Morningstar
  • +2 Chainshirt
  • Mithril Breastplate +1
  • Heavy Steel Shield +2
  • Wand of Cure Light Wounds (26 charges)
  • Wand of Burning Hands (CL 5; 10 charges)
  • Wand of Lighting Bolt (CL 5; 33 charges)
  • Ring of Protection +2
  • Cloak of Resistance +2
  • Elemental Gem
  • Cloak of Elvenkind
  • Ring of Swimming
  • Amulet ofNatural Armor +2
  • Necklace of Fireball (3 x 2d6)
  • Folding Boat
  • 10 BP’s worth of various equipment and material
  • 10,000 gp in coins, jewels and gems

You also figure out the loot you brought from the mound. The breastplate is magical (+1). The ring allows to forego basic needs (ring of sustenance). Finally, the greatsword has a powerful enchantment making its edge much more dangerous (+1 keen).

Feel free to keep discussing.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

I'm interested in the mithral breastplate, ring of prot, cloak of resistance and amulet of natural armour. The breastplate I'm most interested and willing to forgo the others. Just saying what ones I'm interested in and certainly not calling dibs or wanting to start a treasure argument. Oh, and what kind of gem is the eleental gem? Fire, earth or one of the others?


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Water.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

As the last of the leaves fall from the trees, Neth gives place to the month of Kuthona and a wet coldness takes over the Greenbelt. Rain and snow alternate and the roads turn to muck. The birds have moved south and the town of Providence grows fingers of smoke from its chimneys, reaching for the sky.

Winter is here.

Downtime until spring. I'll have a few things happen from month to month. Time to develop the kingdom and split the loot.


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

Retconning a bit. Sorry yesterday was my gf's Birthday, so I made the wise choice of not attending to the boards while she was around.

Janku raises his weary eyes from his healing duties, and grimaces in pain at his own severe injuries as he rises to his feet. "So here we are". . He then glances down at his fallen friends, and at the walking wounded with their makeshift bandages. Tomorrow I shall pray to Milani for her blessings so that I might get us all walking again". "But, perhaps I should ask her even more reverently to provide us with a greater gift". "The gift of wisdom". "As you all know we were not prepared at all, and foolishly thought that our skills, and abilities would be enough to take care of any threat to our fledgling kingdom". "We were wrong". "If we are going to rule this nation, we must show more wisdom, than we have shown to this point". "Still fortune smiles on us even in this trying time". "With the wealth here, and proof of our protection for the town, we should be able to help our land survive the coming winter, and perhaps prosper". "For now let us rest, and on the morrow we shall see if Milani still favors us".

Upon examining the statue, and sleeping on it's significance, Janku reveals what he remembered during the dreams of his nights rest. This evening I dreamed". "I dreamed of our many trials together, and the results both real and imagined". "One image kept returning to me however". "The effigy's in the Stag Lords Keep". "Were they not much like those of this statue"?

I'm assuming that Janku can heal everyone the next morning, and we'll start back towards the capital. If you need me to roll the healing just let me know and I will.

Sometime during their journey back to Providence, Janku will make it a point to take Kalsgrim aside.

Kalsgrim:

Spoiler:

"I understand how falling in battle, might make one question their faith". "I have been in your shoes...where my connection with my god, seemed to fail me, and not fill my soul with glory, and power as it once did". "I questioned the wisdom of my choice of divinity, and my role in the cosmos". Then in my darkest hour, when I was ready to simply return to the soil, and live my days turning it's dark texture to provide sustenance for this new land, Milani came to me". "While it seemed all the other gods were to preoccupied with their own schemes and plans Milani swept me into her embrace, and my soul found peace".

I tell you this not to try and sway you to the cause of the goddess". "Though her path much follows our own, it is for each man to decide what he believes". "I only offer you the option of embracing our Lady, whose cause so closely reflects our own". "When I say your attempt at Martyrdom I thought only what a fine champion of Milani you would truly be". "I will speak no more of this, but if you wish me to tell you more, you need only ask". And with a hand on the shoulder, and firm smile, and a determined stride, Janku returned to his relentless path towards civilization...and the challenge of establishing the churcn of this new land.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

When Janku pulls Kalsgrim aside, he nods slightly when he finishes speaking but says nothing.

Janku and DM:
I hadn't even considered changing faith on Kalsgrim, but maybe that may be the answer. I will consider that. I don't think Milani is an option because of that wild alignment she's got there. :)


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Upon their return, Servayn is taken aback by the change in the townsfolk's greetings. The change from shouting crowds and angry accusations, to song and dance in the streets seems like he has taken a wrong turn and ended up in an entirely different town. He wonders if Corso or Svetlana have delivered some impassioned speech on their behalf, while they were away, or perhaps if the seditionist Grigori was more than the man he appeared, and had some persuasive power that unnaturally darkened the mood of the people...

"People of Frieland, the trolls are fallen." he says simply, unswaddling the heads of the beasts. "Their deaths can never restore the lives they took, or undo the harm they have wrought, but they will never cause our people injury again." He pulls forth some random trade good secured from the troll lair, a bolt of cloth, perhaps, and holds it up, "Their plunder will bolster our economy, and be distributed to those who can best sell it, for the good of our nation."

I'm assuming that's what happens with stuff worth BP, since it's not like we can spin it into coin ourselves. :) If not, skip that last bit.

He does not speak further, unless pressed with questions, being unprepared for a speech, having expected to have to sneak into his own 'kingdom' like a thief in the night, to avoid an angry mob.


(AC 27 (w/mage armor), hp 62 of 62)

Ember flutters his wings impatiently, growling in Draconic, "Want to fly! Want to fly!" urging Servayn to break the fetters that keep him leashed within close range, but Servayn shakes his head. "We discussed this. No flights over the town until they have gotten used to the idea. You'll start a panic. Now go."

At the command, Ember bows his head and the rune atop his crown smolders like flame. He leaps into the air, wings unfurling and rises above the rooftops, only to vanish as Servayn dismisses him to his home, allowing the crowd to see him take flight, and trusting to gossip to spread across the town, so that it will not come as a great surprise when Ember is later seen in the sky.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp
Ember the Eidolon wrote:

Ember flutters his wings impatiently, growling in Draconic, "Want to fly! Want to fly!" urging Servayn to break the fetters that keep him leashed within close range, but Servayn shakes his head. "We discussed this. No flights over the town until they have gotten used to the idea. You'll start a panic. Now go."

At the command, Ember bows his head and the rune atop his crown smolders like flame. He leaps into the air, wings unfurling and rises above the rooftops, only to vanish as Servayn dismisses him to his home, allowing the crowd to see him take flight, and trusting to gossip to spread across the town, so that it will not come as a great surprise when Ember is later seen in the sky.

I agree with your master, Ember. I once heard of a backwards town who murdered the village alchemist because they thought he caused a plague to one of his neighbors, but it was instead just a rash the old woman caught. People are easily scared, however if your master reveals you to the population and explains you mean no harm I'm sure he'll allow you to fly around.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

As Servayn finishes his speech, Kriger is inspired himself. Raising his axe high, "Yeahhhhhhh! For Frieland!" He yells in victory. Kriger then gives Servayn a big friendly slap on the shoulder, "Well done!"


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Kingdom Development from the 1st of Neth to the 1st of Kuthona, 4710

1- Evaluate Size and Productivity.
Size: 7
Productivity: 9
(Actions = (20 + Consolidated Hexes + Settlement Sizes + Developments) / 5 + Edicts - Unrest)
Consolidated Hexes: 7
Settlement Sizes: 1 (Providence)
Developments: 9 (1 mine, 1 camp, 7 roads)
Edicts: 2
Unrest: 0

2- Implement Actions.
Claim Hex (0 actions)
Consolidate Hex: Farm (2 actions) and Road (1 action)
Develop City: Shrine to Milani +1 Loyalty (7 actions)
Total cost: 10 (-1 to treasury)

3- Leadership Changes.
None.

4- Edict Changes.
None.

5- Evaluate Balance.
All good!

Kingdom Stats:

Kingdom Name: Frieland
Status: Barony
Capital: Providence
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: 8
Population: 2000
Map of the land as of the 1st of Kuthona (December), 4710

______________________________________

Economy: +13
(Buildings +2, Events, Leadership +9, Resources, Alignment +2, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)

Loyalty: +10
(Buildings +1, Edicts -2-1, Events, Leadership +10, Resources, Alignment +2, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)

Stability: +11
(Buildings +1, Edicts -1, Events, Leadership +11, Resources, Alignment, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)
______________________________________

Edicts:

Promotion Level: none
(-1 Stability, 0 action)

Taxation Level: Normal
(+2 actions, -2 Loyalty)

Festivals per year: 0
(-1 Loyalty, 0 action)
______________________________________

Productivity: 9 Actions per month
(Actions = (20 + Consolidated Hexes + Settlement Sizes + Developments) / 5 + Edicts - Unrest)
Consolidated Hexes: 8
Settlement Sizes: 1 (Providence)
Developments: 10 (1 mine, 1 camp, 8 roads)
Edicts: 2
Unrest: 0
______________________________________

Treasury: 13 Unspent Actions
______________________________________

Leadership:
Ruler: Kalsgrim Lodovka (+4, Economy, Loyalty or Stability)
Councilor: Svetlana Leveton (+2, Loyalty)
General: Tuck (+4, Stability)
Grand Diplomat: Lukasz (+4, Stability)
High Priest: Janku Tolliver (+3, Stability)
Magister: Servayn Krolz (+4, Economy)
Marshal: Garick Nowicki (+3, Economy)
Royal Assassin: Davor Mason (+4, Loyalty, -1 Unrest/Upkeep)
Spymaster: Corso Gaczi (+4, Economy, Loyalty or Stability)
Treasurer: Oleg Leveton (+2, Economy)
Warden: Kriger Eilifson (+4, Loyalty)
______________________________________

Capital City of Providence: Village Size Settlement
Farm and Fisheries Support: 5
Stable (Oleg's): +1 Economy, allows mounted units
Mill: 10 % less farms to support the settlement
Baker: +1 Economy
City Guard: +1 Stability
Shrine to Milani: +1 Loyalty

I think this is certainly much easier to manage. Not sure yet about how balanced when the kingdom grows, but we can adjust then. Let me know. Even try for the next month if you like.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn smiles at the sight of the long-delayed shrine to Milani finally becoming more than a dream for better days, pitching in to assist in labors, when time permits, to ease any mutterings of local leaders living some fat life, swaddled in silk and attended by smooth-skinned courtiers in some imagined country villas, while honest men work to build up the town.

Quietly, he wonders if earnest but naive thoughts of constructing holy places earlier could have been considered broken promises to the gods, and might have been partially to blame for their fledgeling kingdom's rough start.

Still, is there ironic poetry or dire portent in making the first holy place in a struggling new nation, only weeks past civil unrest and dark mutterings of revolt, a shrine to the goddess of bloody revolutions against undeserved authority? Will she stay her hand, and let us rulers keep our heads, thus propitiated?

The thought of this nation becoming the next Galt fills him with trepidation, and he makes note to suggest less grisly and crowd-inflaming means of execution, if such is needed, rather than risk matters of justice to become excuses for howling mobs to sate bloodlust.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim passes the following time in two extremes.

Most days, Kalsgrim can be seen out in public, walking the streets of Providence, riding to outlying farms, talking to the people and joining in some of the work being done to build the nation.

The other extreme is long hours of solitairy contemplation, much of it in the wild.

One crisp morning, after a full night of prayer and meditation, Kalsgrim calls out. A sign, Erastil. As your humble servant, all I ask is a sign that I have not lost favor with you. When he hears nothing, sees no sign, he sighs. Then a rustle in the nearby woods draws his attention. The recent combat with the trolls still fresh in his mind, Kalsgrim nocks an arrow and takes aim. Soon the source of the noise reveals itself, an old white elk. It looks at Kalsgrim, and his bow and arrow catch on fire. Startled, Kalsgrim starts to drop the bow, but stops himself. He feels no heat from the flame, nor does it appear to consume the bow or arrow. Turning slightly aside, Kal lets the arrow fly at a tree. Once it strikes, the tree starts aflame, burning heavily starting from where the arrow struck. When he turned back, the elk was gone.

That day when Kalsgrim returned to Providence, he seemed different. More patient, more confident, more level-headed. More at peace and happier than any can really recall having seen him.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

For a full day, Janku has worked on deciphering the tricky arcane webs that surround the Stag Lord's helm. It is crafted to resemble the skull of a mighty stag. Although made from bone, the antlers and helm are as strong as metal.

It takes a while for him to finally pierce its secret...

Janku only:
. When worn, the helm greatly enhances eyesight and hearing, granting a +2 competence bonus on Perception checks.

In addition, once per day the helm may be called upon to enhance any ranged attack made by the wearer to make an insightful shot. Activating this ability is a free action, and once activated, your next ranged attack against a target within 30 feet is made as if that target were flat-footed against you—this allows a rogue to gain the benefit of sneak attack with this shot. If you don’t
make a ranged attack within 1 round of activating this power, the insight fades and is wasted for that day.

A worshiper of Erastil who wears this helm may utilize the insightful shot ability up to 3 times per day.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Early one morning, Kalsgrim sets outs by himself to find an isolated spot. From his cloak, he reveals a scroll tube with "Explosive Rune" written on it.

He prepares carefully in order to improve the probability of his survival. With a steady hand, he resolutely opens the tube...

Kalsgrim:

Inside the tube, Kalsgrim finds a parchment rolled tightly. He takes a deep breath and unrolls it. Nothing happens, so he starts reading it.

My dear and fierce Stag Lord, Bandit King of the Greenbelt,

I have been missing you these last months, though I was happy at the news of your success echoing even as far as my realm. We are forming a greater bandit realm that will inspire fear and awe to the outsiders.

I am sending you this message to remind you of my eternal love, but also to warn you of an invasion by low servants of Falling Restov. They come with high purpose, but only mean to destroy what we have built. An Gorumite told me of two. One s a priest, a bastard son of the Surtova. I'm sure you can a fair reward from the family. The other is not a priest, but bears a mark. He should be kept alive and brought to me. He is more than he seems.

May our fingers touch one day, and settle our union. Love,

N.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

Davor will continue to keep the peace as it seems no one wishes to start any problems in the barony. Davor continues his research on the idol still curious about this and then goes through all his knowledges.

taking a 20 on knowledge Arcana, Dungeoneering, Nature, Planes and religion with a +7 bonus.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

At some point during the day, Kalsgrim will quietly get the ruling folks together, including the NPCs we have it positions of power (Corso, Oleg, etc.). When they are in a quiet place where they have some expectation or privacy, Kalsgrim will scan in a slow circle, trying to detect evil in the room with them or immediately outside of the room. Assuming none is detected, he'll speak to the others.

I opened this scroll that we believed to have been trapped. Fortunately, there was no such ward on it. Unfortunately, it bears news that bodes ill for us, and may explain some of the trolls' behavior.

With a deep breath, Kalsgrim reads:

Text of scroll:
My dear and fierce Stag Lord, Bandit King of the Greenbelt,

I have been missing you these last months, though I was happy at the news of your success echoing even as far as my realm. We are forming a greater bandit realm that will inspire fear and awe to the outsiders.

I am sending you this message to remind you of my eternal love, but also to warn you of an invasion by low servants of Falling Restov. They come with high purpose, but only mean to destroy what we have built. An Gorumite told me of two. One s a priest, a bastard son of the Surtova. I'm sure you can a fair reward from the family. The other is not a priest, but bears a mark. He should be kept alive and brought to me. He is more than he seems.

May our fingers touch one day, and settle our union. Love,

N.

Now, I have no idea who "N." is, but it is entirely possible that the troll clan we eradicated was part of the same larger bandit kingdom referenced here. If that is the case, then we likely have not seen the end of "N."s machinations against us.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Kriger sighs. "So Servayn was right. There is someone out there pulling strings. All the strings, not just troll strings." Drawing his hands down his face, "Well, now what? How do we bring this 'N' person to us? And who are the two N's talking about? Janku maybe? He's the only priest I know. And who's the one who bears a mark that 'N' wants kept alive?"


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn touches the sigil that adorns his foreheard, in the form of a stylized red serpent with two heads, identical to the glyph on Ember's head. "Perhaps the mark of the Summoner is the mark the Stag Lord's mysterious lover speaks of."

He produces the map, found in the troll's lair, and examines the map and scroll side by side, to see if he can find any similarities in style of writing, or type of ink or parchment used, to tie them together.

Perception, take 20, if possible, if not... 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Kriger looks to Servayn, eyeing the mark. "Well whaddaya know. Looks like there's a couple of us that N wants. BIG mistake!" His mind whirls at thoughts of what to do to bring the puppet master out of hiding.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Servayn:

The map shows no similarities with the scroll.
You studied in a Gorumite temple for a while, alongside Janku.


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

After researching the helm for a while, Janku presents his findings to the remainder of the group, during Kalsgrim's meeting.

"Kal". "I believe this might be best suited for you". "Here is what I have figured out".

. When worn, the helm greatly enhances eyesight and hearing, granting a +2 competence bonus on Perception checks.
In addition, once per day the helm may be called upon to enhance any ranged attack made by the wearer to make an insightful shot. Activating this ability is a free action, and once activated, your next ranged attack against a target within 30 feet is made as if that target were flat-footed against you—this allows a rogue to gain the benefit of sneak attack with this shot. If you don’t
make a ranged attack within 1 round of activating this power, the insight fades and is wasted for that day.

A worshiper of Erastil who wears this helm may utilize the insightful shot ability up to 3 times per day.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Kingdom Development from the 1st of Kuthona to the 1st of Abadia, 4711

1- Evaluate Size and Productivity.
Size: 8
Productivity: 9
(Actions = (20 + Consolidated Hexes + Settlement Sizes + Developments) / 5 + Edicts - Unrest)
Consolidated Hexes: 8
Settlement Sizes: 1 (Providence)
Developments: 10 (1 mine, 1 camp, 8 roads)
Edicts: 2
Unrest: 0

2- Implement Actions.
Claim Hex (0 actions)
Consolidate Hex: Farm (2 actions) and Road (1 action)
Develop City: Shrine to Erastil +1 Loyalty (7 actions)
Total cost: 10 (-1 to treasury)

3- Leadership Changes.
None.

4- Edict Changes.
None.

5- Evaluate Balance.
All good!

Kingdom Stats:

Kingdom Name: Frieland
Status: Barony
Capital: Providence
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: 9
Population: 2250
Map of the land as of the 1st of Abadia (January), 4711

______________________________________

Economy: +13
(Buildings +2, Events, Leadership +9, Resources, Alignment +2, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)

Loyalty: +11
(Buildings +2, Edicts -2-1, Events, Leadership +10, Resources, Alignment +2, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)

Stability: +11
(Buildings +1, Edicts -1, Events, Leadership +11, Resources, Alignment, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)
______________________________________

Edicts:

Promotion Level: none
(-1 Stability, 0 action)

Taxation Level: Normal
(+2 actions, -2 Loyalty)

Festivals per year: 0
(-1 Loyalty, 0 action)
______________________________________

Productivity: 10 Actions per month
(Actions = (20 + Consolidated Hexes + Settlement Sizes + Developments) / 5 + Edicts - Unrest)
Consolidated Hexes: 9
Settlement Sizes: 1 (Providence)
Developments: 11 (1 mine, 1 camp, 9 roads)
Edicts: 2
Unrest: 0
______________________________________

Treasury: 12 Unspent Actions
______________________________________

Leadership:
Ruler: Kalsgrim Lodovka (+4, Economy, Loyalty or Stability)
Councilor: Svetlana Leveton (+2, Loyalty)
General: Tuck (+4, Stability)
Grand Diplomat: Lukasz (+4, Stability)
High Priest: Janku Tolliver (+3, Stability)
Magister: Servayn Krolz (+4, Economy)
Marshal: Garick Nowicki (+3, Economy)
Royal Assassin: Davor Mason (+4, Loyalty, -1 Unrest/Upkeep)
Spymaster: Corso Gaczi (+4, Economy, Loyalty or Stability)
Treasurer: Oleg Leveton (+2, Economy)
Warden: Kriger Eilifson (+4, Loyalty)
______________________________________

Capital City of Providence: Village Size Settlement
Farm and Fisheries Support: 6
Stable (Oleg's): +1 Economy, allows mounted units
Mill: 10 % less farms to support the settlement
Baker: +1 Economy
City Guard: +1 Stability
Shrine to Milani: +1 Loyalty
Shrine to Erastil: +1 Loyalty

The New Year comes with great celebration as a shrine to Erastil is founded beside the one to Milani, sending a more complete message about the Principles and Values of the Barony of Frieland.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim takes the helm Janku offers with a sense of reverence.

So, what has been a symbol of the rampant banditry in this region is now as it should always have been, a symbol of the new nation under the principles of the righteous divinity. Thank you, Janku.

Kalsgrim will don the helmet for the first time at the ceremony sanctifying the new shrine to Erastil in Providence.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn is pleased that a shrine of Erastil has sprung up in the fledgeling 'temple district' alongside the shrine of Milani, and spends time between his leadership duties in the temple, learning of the faith of the Horned Hunter, so that he can attempt to adapt the teachings to suit the kobolds own unique worldview, focusing on Erastili doctrines of strength in community and honoring order and tradition, as would best fit the lawful and insular natures of the small reptiles.

He already put skill ranks into Knowledge-religion and Profession-farmer, in preparation for this, but the shrine of Erastil, and the time he's been spending interacting with the local farmers, starting back in the Grigori bar-encounter, will serve as 'in-story justification' for his skill acquisitions.

Norkyl, if he hasn't run off again, will be forced to endure many long discussions as to Erastilian doctrine and agricultural techniques. Servayn will attempt to diplomatically engage him, and gauge his reactions to various subjects to get an idea what notions will or will not appeal to his people, ranging from planting crops to raising chickens to snaring bats or netting river eels or farming fungus in the warrens of their own lair or beneath the old half-dead tree that used to be the mite's lair.

After checking with local farmers, he will conclude that chickens and goats would be the most viable animals for the kobolds to raise on their own (both being the most efficient engines to convert random-crap-lying-on-the-ground into yummy protein), and the safest for the somewhat small and fragile creatures (to whom an angry bull would be as deadly as a rampaging elephant would be to a man). Tuberous or root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, beets and turnips, low-to-the-ground crops like cabbage and gourds and pumpkins, and fungus, particularly truffles, and the like, would similarly seem the best choices for vegetable crops.

Servayn will take 20 on attempts to find the best crops / livestock / hunting opportunities for them, that won't conflict with nearby human settlers. I picked stuff based on my own knowledge, which probably is, like Servayn's, around the '1 skill rank' level. :)


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Providence has had some positive effect on the kobold ambassador, for Norkyl seems more trusting towards humans. From his demeanor though, Servayn can still see that he thinks little of some of the kindness that people show each other, but he certainly doesn't mind so much when he finds himself at the receiving hand.

He does his best to suffer Servayn's lecture, sometimes getting caught up in the discussion, especially about cattle. He provides his own input, often refuting Servayn's arguments, reminding him how little he knows of the ancient ways of the kobolds.

He mentions having received word from the tribe. It appears a shipment of gold should be ready to send in a month or so, as per their pact. He offers to accompany the group at that time and that perhaps a ceremony should be prepared to underline their cohabitation. It would be a good time to bring some cattle and some seeds to help them start.

The conversations leave Servayn with a shard of hope.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

During the month of Abadia, news came to Providence of the official founding of Tzatzlfjord. Furthermore, a Blacksooth caravan arrived towards the end of the month with a shipment of gold. The requests are now high on the barony, but it seems things are picking up as winter moves through the land.

Adjusted the rules so that a building gives more bonuses for the cost.

Kingdom Development from the 1st of Abadia to the 1st of Calistril, 4711

1- Evaluate Size and Productivity.
Size: 9
Productivity: 10
(Actions = (20 + Consolidated Hexes + Settlement Sizes + Developments) / 5 + Edicts - Unrest)
Consolidated Hexes: 9
Settlement Sizes: 1 (Providence)
Developments: 10 (1 mine, 1 camp, 9 roads)
Edicts: 2
Unrest: 0

2- Implement Actions.
Claim Hex (0 actions)
Consolidate Hex: Camp (4 actions) and Road (2 actions)
Found new city: Tzatzlfjord (1 action)
Develop City: Barracks in Tzatzlfjord +2 Stability (7 actions)
Total cost: 14 (-4 to treasury)

3- Leadership Changes.
None.

4- Edict Changes.
None.

5- Evaluate Balance.
All good!

Kingdom Stats:

Kingdom Name: Frieland
Status: Barony
Capital: Providence
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: 10
Population: 2500
Map of the land as of the 1st of Calistril (February), 4711

______________________________________

Economy: +15
(Buildings +4, Events, Leadership +9, Resources, Alignment +2, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)

Loyalty: +12
(Buildings +2, Edicts -2-1, Events, Leadership +10, Resources, Alignment +2, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)

Stability: +14
(Buildings +4, Edicts -1, Events, Leadership +11, Resources, Alignment, Unrest, Vacancies, Others)
______________________________________

Edicts:

Promotion Level: none
(-1 Stability, 0 action)

Taxation Level: Normal
(+2 actions, -2 Loyalty)

Festivals per year: 0
(-1 Loyalty, 0 action)
______________________________________

Productivity: 11 Actions per month
(Actions = (20 + Consolidated Hexes + Settlement Sizes + Developments) / 5 + Edicts - Unrest)
Consolidated Hexes: 10
Settlement Sizes: 2 (Providence, Tzatzlfjord)
Developments: 15 (1 mine (gold +2), 2 camps, 10 roads)
Edicts: 2
Unrest: 0
______________________________________

Treasury: 8 Unspent Actions
______________________________________

Leadership:
Ruler: Kalsgrim Lodovka (+4, Economy, Loyalty or Stability)
Councilor: Svetlana Leveton (+2, Loyalty)
General: Tuck (+4, Stability)
Grand Diplomat: Lukasz (+4, Stability)
High Priest: Janku Tolliver (+3, Stability)
Magister: Servayn Krolz (+4, Economy)
Marshal: Garick Nowicki (+3, Economy)
Royal Assassin: Davor Mason (+4, Loyalty, -1 Unrest/Upkeep)
Spymaster: Corso Gaczi (+4, Economy, Loyalty or Stability)
Treasurer: Oleg Leveton (+2, Economy)
Warden: Kriger Eilifson (+4, Loyalty)
______________________________________

Capital City of Providence: Village Size Settlement
Farm and Fisheries Support: 6
Stable (Oleg's): +2 Economy, allows mounted units
Mill: 20 % less farms to support the settlement
Baker: +2 Economy
City Guard: +2 Stability
Shrine to Milani: +2 Loyalty
Shrine to Erastil: +2 Loyalty

Town of Tzatzlfjord: Village Size Settlement
Barracks: +2 Stability


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

During their downtime, Kalsgrim spends a great deal of time walking the streets of Providence. He wears to regalia that sets him apart from the citizens, but I imagine most know him by now. Every few days or so, he'll spend a day riding out to outlying farms to check in on rumors and stories. Until we can get some sort of militia or guard going for the settled region, Kalsgrim will be reluctant to go far. However, his gaze frequently falls to the south with a faraway look in his eyes.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

Nothing really else for Davor to do besides what he's stated above in search of any knowledge of what the figurine looks like, what it represents and ect.


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

Janku spends most of the down time converting people to the worship of Milani, and doing good deeds such as healing, and consulting. He goes out of his way to recruit Grigori to the church, as his charisma would be of great value if turned towards the promotion of the young rulers. Perhaps a government position would be the thing.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The months pass at their own rate, lazy and oblivious to the work of the settlers. The barony of Friedland starts to take a fair shape as its capital, Providence, grows at a steady rate.

Spring comes and Svetlana and Oleg bid you farewell to travel to Varnhold, to marry their daughter. They are quite enthused, for Baron Varn himself will be presiding over the wedding!

A month passes and the couple returns, seemingly more in love than ever before, and eyes filled with pride.

Summer brings abundance and the land seems only too happy to provide for the settlers.

All is well.

Until, on the 13th day of Rova, the month dedicated to the Rough Beast, a lone traveler is seen approaching, as though carried by the bitter cold wind that has keep people weary for the last week.

The emissary from Restov asks for an emergency audience.

He gravely approaches Kalsgrim and gives him a parchment of lavish velum, held in place by silver rings.

Kingmaker Chapter 3 - The Varnhold Vanishing

Kalsgrim:
Baron Kalsgrim,
Greetings from Restov and congratulations on your triumphs! I hope that we are entering a time in which these lands will be called stolen only in history texts! Yet it would seem that for all your victories, your fellow colonists to the east have met with trouble.

The settlers of Varnhold are not responding to messengers—and indeed, some envoys have gone missing as well. You may have noticed this on your own, but as the political climate here in Restov grows more turbulent, we find ourselves increasingly limited in the amount of aid we can send...

Certainly, we cannot send troops south to Varnhold to investigate without our overly watchful lords to the north misinterpreting the act. And so it falls to you, I fear, to investigate
the Varnhold mystery. For if something dire has befallen the colony, you must realize that your own could be next!

Trusting in your discretion and expedience,
Jamandi Aldori—Swordlord of Restov


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Kalsgrim reads the scroll, concentrated, but doesn't say a word. Pensive, he hands absentmindedly the scroll to one of you.


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Servayn is up to the task, and takes the scroll.

"Well that's certainly not good!" he mutters, eyes growing suspicious as he gathers the others to speak privately, making sure that Oleg and Svetlana are not among those gathered.

"The colony of Varnhold is not replying to messengers from Restov, and some sent have not returned. Our generous patrons among the Swordlords have asked that we investigate if something has befallen them. I did not wish to broach this subject in front of Oleg and Svetlana until we can prepare them against the possibility of unhappy news about their daughter and new son-in-law..."

"It could be something as sinister as someone like Grigori, stirring the locals up into riot and rebellion against the founders of their territory, or as direct as displaced trolls attacking. In either case, we probably should deal with the threat to show solidarity for our fellow settlers, and possibly forge a stronger alliance between us, if we can render aid."

He adds in a low voice, "We should gently inquire of Oleg and Svetlanda if they noted anything amiss or suspicious during their visit, some oddness that they may have dismissed in the midst of their happy time."

"And, you know," he adds in a near whisper, "Verify in some way that they are who we think they are..."


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Kalsgrim bows his head as though a great weight rests on him.

We should check into it, but I am concerned about getting that far from Providence again. He shakes his head. The last time we did, the trolls struck...


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

"We'll have to tell Garrick, Ox, Corso and Lukasz to keep their eyes peeled." Servayn says. "And perhaps equip the town guard with some alchemist's fire or acid, just in case..."

NPCs, pull your weight! :)

One more level and we can have our Cohorts remain behind to man the fort. That might be a funky encounter. We're out of town, and we have to play our Cohorts, defending Frieland from a surprise attack!


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"I think we should go NOW. If there's trouble within Varnhold, who better to deal with it than us." Kriger smiles and winks. "And like Servayn said, the others can keep an eye out while we're gone. I trust them." He pauses a moment then continues, "Well, mostly," he shrugs.


Male Half-orc Inquisitor/6th, AC 21, 55/55 hp

confused what level we are, though we only started part 2 not too long ago, unless going after the trolls has forced the DM's hand :p.

"This is troubling if there is somehting more foul that simply not replying to messangers." Davor paces for a moment in curiosity. "I am interested in investigating what has happened there. It seems odd that a loyal swordlord would not respond to these messages so I see only two conclusions. Either they have overthrown their leader and the town has decided not to dignify Brevoy with a response or maybe more of these...odd deity woreshipping trolls have entered and destroyed the city. They were powerful trolls indeed."


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

You should be level 6 as you start this chapter. I only played a few parts of the second book. We had discussed skipping it entirely when Scipion was at the helm.


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

The discussion continues, as some of you try to recall certain details about the situation.

Please roll some knowledges that you feel might be appropriate.


AC 24 (25) HP 30/30 AP 8/8

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Knowledge History

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Knowledge Nobles


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

Knowledge: (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Knowledge: (Geography) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Knowledge: (Nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

These probably do nothing, but, they're pretty good nonetheless! :)


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

As long as we are pulling out our knowlege skills and laying them on the table... Though, I doubt it will help any. :)Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"And friend Tuck, of course!", Servayn abruptly says, apropo of nothing. "To, um, keep his eyes peeled and watch the place while we go to Varnhold..." he explains lamely.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"Tuck?! Well I'm not so sure I trust him. He tends to keep his eyes peeled on other things." Kriger winks as he gives a wry smile.


Human Paladin 10 HPs 10/85, Sickened, AC 21 FF 19 T 13 CMD 23 Fort +17 Ref +13 Will +15 Init +2 Per +2

Barring any complications, how long do we think it would take to get there and back? Do we know clearly where to go?


Storyteller of the Greenbelt

Janku:
Restov is probably not sending any troups there as the tensions between the South and the North of Brevoy have not disappeared. That is why they gave charters to adventurers. It allows them to deny involvement. It is likely as well that their troops are occupied north.

Kriger:
Kriger recalls that the great mountains to the south-east are called the Tors of Levenies. Their reach extends north between here and Varnhold. The easiest way is certainly following the road to Restov. It leads to Fort Serenko, then to Nivakta's Crossing, where a road leads south to newly founded Varnhold.

Fall is coming and the temperature should be warm enough in the plains, for another two months, though it can get cold at night and there should be more rain.

Servayn:

Varnhold has had numerous issues with the Nomen tribe of centaurs, and has fought them away to the east of their barony. The Nomen used to be part, a very long time ago, of a formidable force: The mighty Rashalkas (“thundering hooves”) that once roamed the northern Casmar steppes by the tens of thousands.

Corso and Lukasz seem to agree that going there is the best move for the barony, as something might threaten them East, and it allows to buy good will from Restov.

Tuck would prefer to go himself and figure out what's going on, discreetly...


(AC 18, hp 15 of 77) Summoner 9

"I vaguely recall that the Varnhold has had troubles with the Nomen centaurs, and pushed them out of the territory they claimed. They used to be a much mightier force, roaming the plains in tens of thousands, and it's possible they have 'pushed back' against the Varnhold." Servayn offers up.


Male Human Ranger 10(Guide)
stats:
AC 23; Hp's (104/104); Perc. +26; Fort: +13, Ref: +12, Will: +10; Int: +2

"The easiest way to get there would be to take the road to Restov. From there, that'll take us to Fort Serenko, which then takes us to Nivakta's Crossing, which ultimately leads us to Varnhold." He scratches his chin, then continues. "Fall is on it's way but we should be fine. At least for another couple months anyway. About the only thing we'll have to deal weather wise is the chilly nights and possible rain. We'll be real lucky if that's all we have to deal with. I'm thinking battling ten thousand centaurs just isn't wise. Or however many of 'em are left. Even if their number isn't close to that anymore, I'm fairly certain there's not just gonna be a couple of 'em." Kriger says as he cracks his neck to one side and then the other. "Alright! So when do we plan on leaving?"

3,501 to 3,550 of 5,828 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SdF's Kingmaker PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.